Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Agnosticism Not Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnosticism Not Atheism (2944 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
Logicboy03: An agnostic is an atheist with no balls.

Touché.....

Shout out to the Op though, The Kid has a Bright Mind.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Kay17: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
daryoor: There has been too much attention giving to atheist. thats not what annoys me what annoys me is the way nairalanders group agsnosticism as being a branch or thesame as atheism.
to put clearly, an atheist believes there is no God while An agnostic does not deny the existence of God
and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether
or not they exist. a person who claims, with respect to any particular question,
that the answer cannot be known with certainty.

I find this particular agnostic's position funny. He claims he doesn't believe and accept the God proposition, yet he goes against his own beliefs to claim that the God he doesn't believe in, has this particular attribute of being UNPROVEaBle.

In my humble view, its ridiculous.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by daryoor(m): 4:38am On Dec 28, 2012
Kay 17:

I find this particular agnostic's position funny. He claims he doesn't believe and accept the God proposition, yet he goes against his own beliefs to claim that the God he doesn't believe in, has this particular attribute of being UNPROVEaBle.

In my humble view, its ridiculous.

can u proove there is GOD?
Im waitin for u, u can take as long as u want, just prove it to me with facts and not speculations or ''my book of bible stories''.
If u cant then thats what the agnostics are sayin. Its a Basic, straight forward,primary school simple scientific stand
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by AtheistD(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2012
Are there any agnostics in the house?

Agnostics are the logical route. Because truthfully there will always be a miniscule element of doubt in any evidence provided to disprove the existence of deities. Agnosticism is an appropriate and most likely balanced stance on the whole deity issue.

I should have been an agnostic but.... I just dont feel it. I feel and believe that is without certainty no God, gods, spirit world, supernatural etc. I am an extreme atheist.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Kay17: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2012
daryoor:

can u proove there is GOD?
Im waitin for u, u can take as long as u want, just prove it to me with facts and not speculations or ''my book of bible stories''.
If u cant then thats what the agnostics are sayin. Its a Basic, straight forward,primary school simple scientific stand

I'm not a theist. God does not mean much to me
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2012
Can see a couple of these professed atheists here have been strung along in their hubris. So agnostics have also become a new target? Anyone with half a brain can see the distinction between both. I'm agnostic and it's an insult to my intelligence to sit behind some keyboard telling me what I believe. It simply means I'm mystified enough by the universe and life to believe there may be a prime mover but I've had no tangible experience to validate it and I can't characterize this being(s).

Next, you'll be saying christians and atheists are the same because none can provide empirical proof of the existence or non-existence of God. Don't come here spewing a load of BS trying to prove you're clever just because you read a couple of books or sites.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Actually for all intents and purposea agnostics are practically atheists. I see agnosticism as fraudulent because it tries to adopt a sit on the fence position while being in favour of a philosophy - atheism.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Actually for all intents and purposea agnostics are practically atheists. I see agnosticism as fraudulent because it tries to adopt a sit on the fence position while being in favour of a philosophy - atheism.
Another mug who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. Who are these "fraudulent" people defrauding? You? So I must either blindly worship what I don't see or blindly dismiss the existence of what I don't see just so I can identify with one dogmatic group.

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Actually for all intents and purposea agnostics are practically atheists. I see agnosticism as fraudulent because it tries to adopt a sit on the fence position while being in favour of a philosophy - atheism.
Lol, agnosticism is fraudulent.. Wetin person no go hear for Nl?

We simply do not know enough to Claim to Know.

A Chrisitian claiming agnostics are fraudulent.. Lol. That's rich...
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol, agnosticism is fraudulent.. Wetin person no go hear for Nl?

We simply do not know enough to Claim to Know.

A Chrisitian claiming agnostics are fraudulent.. Lol. That's rich...

Of course you know enough. You've heard the claim from both sides and they can be evaluated. But the fact is you practically disbelieve in God since you have no belief in Him. You claim not to have a position yet you have one ... That's poor.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Another mug who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. Who are these "fraudulent" people defrauding? You? So I must either blindly worship what I don't see or blindly dismiss the existence of what I don't see just so I can identify with one dogmatic group.

You fool. Don't you dismiss by not worshipping it.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Of course you know enough. You've heard the claim from both sides and they can be evaluated. But the fact is you practically disbelieve in God since you have no belief in Him. You claim not to have a position yet you have one ... That's poor.
Still thinking out of your arris I see. So if I don't see any evidence to believe in the Judeo-christian God nko? Why not ancient Egyptian or Persian or Greek or Roman or Norse gods? Why not Hinduism or Shintoism or Taoism or Confuscianism? Why not Amadioha or Obatala or Sango? You exposed your ignorance by talking about "both sides" - symptoms of one gripped by years and decades of indoctrination who knows no other way of thinking. Give it a rest and stop embarrassing yourself. Agnosticism isn't "holding no position". It's a veritable position on it's own
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You fool. Don't you dismiss by not worshipping it.
No, you retärd. For all I know and care, God is about as real as Amadioha. Not worshipping something which may or may not exist isn't the same as dismissing its existence. You're really embarrassing yourself, sunshine.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Lol. Let's see what you've got.

Why must there be a God? Couldn't we be the result of a series of events?

If there's God, why must this God have a person? Person in the sense of being interested in how we humans run our lives on earth?

If this God must be a person, then of the million gods on earth, which one?

Would this GOD be subject to favoritism like we humans? Shouldn't this God be impartial? Shouldn't this God have been careful enough to communicate his WORDS and DESIRES to all humans CLEARLY therby avoiding the contradictory doctines and misdoctrines we have today?
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Kay17: 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
I only have problems with agnostics that say God is unproveable, and that feel atheists are foolish as a consequence.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Still thinking out of your arris I see. So if I don't see any evidence to believe in the Judeo-christian God nko? Why not ancient Egyptian or Persian or Greek or Roman or Norse gods? Why not Hinduism or Shintoism or Taoism or Confuscianism? Why not Amadioha or Obatala or Sango? You exposed your ignorance by talking about "both sides" - symptoms of one gripped by years and decades of indoctrination who knows no other way of thinking. Give it a rest and stop embarrassing yourself. Agnosticism isn't "holding no position". It's a veritable position on it's own

You are in fact the fool. You clearly don't read properly. Because I said you agnostics have a position_something you confirm_yet pretend not to have one. I repeat all agnostics are practically atheists.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
No, you retärd. For all I know and care, God is about as real as Amadioha. Not worshipping something which may or may not exist isn't the same as dismissing its existence. You're really embarrassing yourself, sunshine.

No, you fŭcktard. In this case you dismiss God's existence by not worshipping it. You actually don't believe God exists. You just said you believe God is as real as Amadioha_who you don't believe exists. Yet you FRAUDULENTLY call yourself agnostic.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol. Let's see what you've got.

Likewise I will see what you got.

musKeeto: Why must there be a God? Couldn't we be the result of a series of events?

There must be a God because there is Nature. Nature could not have made itself; the order in Nature is that things are created so we infer a Creator God. How can events create intelligence which is abundant in Nature ?

musKeeto: If there's God, why must this God have a person? Person in the sense of being interested in how we humans run our lives on earth?

Because personality is as a result of advanced intelligence. Precisely the kind of intelligence required to create our universe.

musKeeto: If this God must be a person, then of the million gods on earth, which one?

Most religions acknowledge a God supreme. The one that actually created the universe. I think you need to read up on this.

musKeeto: Would this GOD be subject to favoritism like we humans? Shouldn't this God be impartial? Shouldn't this God have been careful enough to communicate his WORDS and DESIRES to all humans CLEARLY therby avoiding the contradictory doctines and misdoctrines we have today?

I think what one should infer is that this God is giving a free rein (or a free will to some extent) to its creatures.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

No, you fŭcktard. In this case you dismiss God's existence by not worshipping it. You actually don't believe God exists. You just said you believe God is as real as Amadioha_who you don't believe exists. Yet you FRAUDULENTLY call yourself agnostic.
Good lord, this guy is dim. Please don't breed. Quietly rid the world of your imbecility without passing it to a new generation. Can't be bothered debating with imbeciles.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Good lord, this guy is dim. Please don't breed. Quietly rid the world of your imbecility without passing it to a new generation. Can't be bothered debating with imbeciles.

You are a nitwit. A raving fool who can't clearly articulate his points without resulting to insults. A good example of the term idiotic. Good riddance.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You are in fact the fool. You clearly don't read properly. Because I said you agnostics have a position_something you confirm_yet pretend not to have one. I repeat all agnostics are practically atheists.
Most people don't take the repititions of a demented loon seriously. Believing something MAY exist and something DOESN'T exist are apparently the same in your warped mind. Have I told you to ensure you don't breed.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You are a nitwit. A raving fool who can't clearly articulate his points without resulting to insults. A good example of the term idiotic. Good riddance.

Sir Uyi.. what happened to you.. someone please call the Police.. Uyi has been kidnapped and someone has stolen his NL id grin grin grin
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Uhh, looks like your precious feelings are hurt. Not my fault you're rather dim. Nature (or is it God) unfortunately bestowed you with it.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Most people don't take the repititions of a demented loon seriously. Believing something MAY exist and something DOESN'T exist are apparently the same in your warped mind. Have I told you to ensure you don't breed.

This isn't a cogent reply. You must must be a born slowpoke.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Uhh, looks like your precious feelings are hurt. Not my fault you're rather dim. Nature (or is it God) unfortunately bestowed you with it.

And the fool replies. Displaying his idiocy with his characteristic bravado. You are a disgrace to humanity. get thee behind me thou simpleton.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Kay17: 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi, pls open up new thread on God in Creator Role. Would love to participate.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:
There must be a God because there is Nature. Nature could not have made itself; the order in Nature is that things are created so we infer a Creator God. How can events create intelligence which is abundant in Nature ?
Do you choose the 'GOD' route because you have no answer to the last question. Is it possible that you lack the experience or knowledge to answer that question. Because if you're dismissing the question based on its illogicality, you might as well dismiss God.

Uyi Iredia:
Because personality is as a result of advanced intelligence. Precisely the kind of intelligence required to create our universe.
Lol. So animals may also believe that men created them.

Uyi Iredia:
Most religions acknowledge a God supreme. The one that actually created the universe. I think you need to read up on this.
Lol. You're ready to work with the Muslims, pagans, buddhists and millions of other religionists just to win an argument. Yet you call agnostics fraudulent.
They may all have a Creator, they do not all refer to the one you believe in.

Uyi Iredia:
I think what one should infer is that this God is giving a free rein (or a free will to some extent) to its creatures.
Lol. Keep inferring. I'll keep being an agnost.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
musKeeto:
Do you choose the 'GOD' route because you have no answer to the last question. Is it possible that you lack the experience or knowledge to answer that question. Because if you're dismissing the question based on its illogicality, you might as well dismiss God.

Lol. So animals may also believe that men created them.

Lol. You're ready to work with the Muslims, pagans, buddhists and millions of other religionists just to win an argument. Yet you call agnostics fraudulent.

Lol. Keep inferring. I'll keep being an agnost.

You're agnostic? Don't you know you're a fraud? Apparently, believing something may/may not exist based on inconclusive or intangible proof is the same as saying it does not exist. At least, so says a certain rètard on here.:-D
And he actually believes he's made "cogent" points.:-D

1 Like

Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
You're agnostic? Don't you know you're a fraud? Apparently, believing something may/may not exist based on inconclusive or intangible proof is the same as saying it does not exist. At least, so says a certain rètard on here.:-D
And he actually believes he's made "cogent" points.:-D

And this fool can't see that an agnostic clearly has no belief in any god/Gods which makes him practically an atheist. YThe fool has even forgotten agnosticism is sometimes called weak atheism. A fŭcktard that ignores the truth I feed him with.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
musKeeto:

I answered one question and replied a question with another, simple. Reply my first statement and answer my question if not i won't be taken you seriously.

musKeeto: Lol. So animals may also believe that men created them.

You aren't giving our discourse the seriousness required. That said I must say your answer here doesn't PROPERLY address my point.,

musKeeto: Lol. You're ready to work with the Muslims, pagans, buddhists and millions of other religionists just to win an argument. Yet you call agnostics fraudulent.

Do buddhists serve gods ? No. You mentioned millions of gods and I noted that most religions acknowledge some Supreme God of some kind they share that characteristic with Christianity.

musKeeto: Lol. Keep inferring. I'll keep being an agnost.

Keep laughing and keep decieving yourself. You are an atheist.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

And this fool can't see that an agnostic clearly has no belief in any god/Gods which makes him practically an atheist. YThe fool has even forgotten agnosticism is sometimes called weak atheism. A fŭcktard that ignores the truth I feed him with.
Why use the word "practically"? It's about the same as saying different hues and shades of grey are practically white or black. Retärded reprobate feeding himself the staple garbage he's been fed from birth and spewing a load of vomit. Once again, please don't raise another generation of retärds like yourself.
Re: Agnosticism Not Atheism by UyiIredia(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
Obi1kenobi:
Why use the word "practically"? It's about the same as saying different hues and shades of grey are practically white or black. Retärded reprobate feeding himself the staple garbage he's been fed from birth and spewing a load of vomit. Once again, please don't raise another generation of retärds like yourself.

An id1otic statement from a raving fool.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do U Believe Witches Exist? / Prophecy 2014 - Prophet Olaye George / The Hell Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.