Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,439 members, 7,958,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google (7576 Views)

Why Priority Communications Limited Is Investing Massively In Data Centre / How To Get Patent Right Free ,finance By Government Absolutely Free Of Charge! / Breaking News: Google Buzz Goes After Facebook, Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by playmode(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
[size=15pt]Apple has claimed that Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 and Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system infringe on its patents.[/size]

Apple has escalated its patent war with Samsung, telling a judge that Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet infringes its patents and attempting to add the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system to an existing lawsuit.

In a separate patent case in August, Apple won a $1.05 billion jury verdict against Samsung.The company's latest request may be in response to an October 1 counter-claim by Samsung which added the iPhone 5 to its list of patent-infringing products.The patent wars between Apple and Samsung show no signs of abating as the two lock horns to battle over the $219 billion global smartphone market.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a tablet equipped with a stylus - unlike Apple's iPads - while Jelly Bean is Google's latest version of the Android operating system that runs on Samsung devices and tablets.This is the first time that Google has been dragged into the patent dispute. The case is scheduled for trial in 2014.

In a separate case, Apple was told to pay $368.2m (£229.7) to VirnetX after a jury ruled that it had infringed its patents for virtual-private-network technology deployed in its FaceTime video-calling software. VirnetX accused Apple of infringing four patents related to private networks, and targeted all of Apple's products that use the FaceTime function - the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Mac computers.

VirnetX patents cover the use of domain-name service to set up virtual private networks to allow customers and website owners to interact in a secure way or allow employees working from home to access electronic files.The company had sought $708m in damages. Apple denied infringing the patents.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-escalates-patent-war-with-samsung-2012-11#ixzz2BfNZg3rt

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by playmode(m): 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
Apple's directors have finally lost their minds.

Moderator ,frontpage please.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Maleeq(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2012
playmode: Apple's directors have finally lost their minds.

Totally lost it!

1 Like

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Sunymoore(m): 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
This apple go sue even my chinko wo
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by redcliff: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
all na market strategy.. they are just fuc-king with all of us and making alot of money without our knowledge.. Samsung hardwares are used in apple devices.. what kind of so called "enemity" is that?
Ssmsung: apple, how many iphones have you sold this year?

Apple: men "my bro" we sold 8million iphone 5s already. Thanks for that your chip, it worked fine.What about you?

Samsung: Men the s3 did 30million already.

Apple: hmnm, that impressive, but you know we just came out. i am sure by year end we supose dey touch your back too.

Samsung: I belive , any how we are still brother..

Apple: yes i know..Now, can can we make this business so interesting, we have made all the money and we are bored. The new technology doesnt come out until 2nd quarter of nxt yr.

Samsung: Men, thats true, lets sue ourselves around the courts worldwide na.. that would be fun

Apple: brilliant idea, that should keep us busy for the time being..

samsung: Yea it should.

13 Likes

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by megxo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
apple go soon sue agbalumo grin gringringringrin.........

24 Likes

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by lafuria1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
i wonder what steve job is thinking rite nw when he hears apple's new legacy is to be fighting everybody............... seroiusly is samsung and apple not tired of this rubbish, does this mean other comany cant go into making tablet again just becos pf the fear of infinging on patent. why is apple such a bully, u hardly see samsung or ericson suing companies anyhow like apple... am asking team apple what is u guys real problem??
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by mrjangola(m): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
redcliff: all na market strategy.. they are just fuc-king with all of us and making alot of money without our knowledge.. Samsung hardwares are used in apple devices.. what kind of so called "enemity" is that?

Apple: men "my bro" we sold 8million iphone 5s already. Thanks for that your chip, it worked fine.What about you?

Apple: hmnm, that impressive, but you know we just came out. i am sure by year end we supose dey touch your back too.

Apple: yes i know..Now, can can we make this business so interesting, we have made all the money and we are bored. The new technology doesnt come out until 2nd quarter of nxt yr.

Samsung: Men, thats true, lets sue ourselves around the courts worldwide na.. that would be fun

get ya facts right apple hav stopped orderin apple chips.
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by DJDOLA(m): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
And what is my buznes wit apple sue samsong..I beg any information about dj stuff

1 Like

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by homesteady(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
i'm just so sick of dis apple&co court stories....everytime they are in court....nd apple is always starting it......let dem come nd sue me naw....wether dey 'll even get N10 nonsense.....*snake hiss*
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mschew. These fools just need to merge together already and stop this soap opera buljive.
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by OkwaIfugo(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
every day apple and samsung they sue and unsue themselves.
now its google soon dem go sue facebook and 2go.
anyway na one eye we go dey take dey look them.
na too much money dey worry all of them.
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by denitro(m): 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by bory09(m): 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
Does apple now run law firm while are they just filing fucking court suit nowadays. Is patent right a new thing while are those fools called samsung always falling as prey
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
everyday sueing this, sueing that..please they should come sue our governments for denying us the dividends of democracy
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by gen2briz(m): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
Kini problem apple for God sake...... everyday sue sue sue

1 Like

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by joanana(f): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
CrApple has finally gone Gaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
megxo: apple go soon sue agbalumo grin gringringringrin.........
grin
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by SisiKill1: 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Now we know for sure it was Steve Jobs who kept Apple together.

Poor guy. . .bet he is squirming in his grave.
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Bawss1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
This is what happens when lawyers are allowed to set corporate strategy for an engineering company.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by bknight: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
and to think d hearing comes up 2014? shocked

Samsung wld hv had a filled day at d market square by then
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Bawss1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Now we know for sure it was Steve Jobs who kept Apple together.

Poor guy. . .bet he is squirming in his grave.

Squirming?
He very likely instilled this character in Apple, he was the one who threatened to go thermonuclear on anyone who "stole" their ideas.
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
redcliff: all na market strategy.. they are just fuc-king with all of us and making alot of money without our knowledge.. Samsung hardwares are used in apple devices.. what kind of so called "enemity" is that?

you made my day. lwkmd
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by sweetcheecks(f): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
playmode: Apple's directors have finally lost their minds.

Lolest!!!

I totally agree!!!

1000 likes cheesy
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by lillaowow(m): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Apple is going crazy....

2 Likes

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by NEROSKY(m): 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
wetin happen naw ,,,Apple saw name don turn to sue
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by okpara83: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
the problem here is lack of brains in this industry remember stev jobs is dead
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew sad sad sad sad
Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by freshboy007: 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
This life ehn.bussiness pple wit Business strategies

1 Like

Re: Apple Massively Escalates Its Patent War, Finally Goes After Google by chucky234(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
Apple hear patents infringement their ears go stand straight like dog wey see bone,Samsung don turn bone for where Apple dey ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between A Universal Modem And An Unlocked Modem / How Do I Display Live Video And Text On Projector / How To Devise Passwords That Drive Hackers Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.