Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Annoying Things Passengers Do? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Annoying Things Passengers Do? (12468 Views)

Graphic Pics: Passengers In Danfo Bus Badly Burnt After Fuel Stored Exploded / Ghastly Accident Along Ilesha Road Crushed All Passengers Dead(Graphic Photos) / 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by harlos: 3:52am On Nov 10, 2012
Ikenna351: TALKING TOO MUCH: This can be very annoying to me. There was this colleague i used to give lift on my way back home from work. Whenever he enters my car, my nightmare would start. This guy would start complaining endlessly. Boss A did this to him, while Boss B liked this thing he did. Colleague A spied on him and reported to Boss C and colleague B told him what colleague A did, etc. This would continue till i got to my destination or his. Who told him i would be interested in such his stories, I would wonder? Sometimes, "Shut the Fvkk up!", I would want to say. angry But would take a deep breath and keep my cool. I tried to send him a message that his stories were the last thing i wanted to hear when am driving, but he just couldnt figure it out. Then i had no option than "Hey, I got somewhere, private, i needed to drive to first. So, see you tomorrow". I believe he got that message he refused to get all those while. I got my peace back.

PHONE CALLS: This guy, whenever i am giving him lift, he would always pull out his phone, dial and speak with contact A. After he is done with contact A, he would dial contact B. After contact B, contact C it is. The guy will never allow me to listen to my music. Before you know it, the journey dont end be dat. Even when i leave the radio volume as it were before his phone call madness starts, he would reach out himself to turn down the radio volume. This is the one that really pisses me off. How dare you touch my radio you fool! angry Why would my car become a phone booth for him, I would wonder? Why cant a passenger a allow a driver that owns his/her car enjoys his goddamn music? Cant the calls wait till he get's the HELL out off my car? This is a private car for crying out loud, and not some mobile phone booth. angry Very upsetting!

SLAMMING DOORS: I hate it when a passenger does that to any of the doors, even if you are very close to me. The sound would hit my heart, as if it was my heart that was shut that hard. Even people that i thought should know better would end up doing the same silly thing. That usually happens when they are going out of the car. Because if you do that when you entering my car instead, you wont like my reaction. I bet you!

I do see some cars, with Paseengers placing their foots on the dashboards. I keep wondering, why no one has done that to my car? Because i would simply tell the person to respect him/herself or get the Hell out of my car. Women are mostly culprits here. I dont care how beautiful a female passenger is, but you donot disrespect my car. It's a big DON'Ts for me.

I don't like people fiddling with the radio when am driving. My car, my goddamn choice of music! angry

I think these annoying issues with some passengers is lack of respect and no manners. You can't work into a man's house, meet him watching 24 series on MBC Action, and you just take the remote and turn it to African Magic. So what's the difference with this in a car? All you have to do is to ask. "Hey, can you tune to Raypower fm? There is a program I would love to listen to." I dont think any driver would not happily grant you your request. But passengers shouldnt take things for granted. Yes, you can receive call when someone is giving you a lift. The driver would understand and lower the radio volume for you. But you shouldnt start making unnecessary calls, expecting him to grant you another favour with the radio volume, when he/she is already doing one by giving you the lift.

As for me: My Car, My rules! Get in, keep quiet or talk when necessary. Allow me my music i find comfortable driving with or listening to. If you are not ok with that, of course you should know what to do. Its called PRIVATE CAR please!

What's your own story?

Ikenna.
ok u don't like all this......
Solution:

Print a page of the do(s) and don't(s) of ur car and write boldly on top...PLS READ BEFORE YOU ENTER.
It will helpgrin

6 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by azeezakande: 4:04am On Nov 10, 2012
Here is annoying things Nigeria passengers do inside a bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53-33HkUDBc
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by fujirice: 4:45am On Nov 10, 2012
Omo, a lot of my's n I's full dz ur post o! Shioor! Gosh! U won't be fun 2 ride wit at allll!!!

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by chinnyonwu(m): 5:09am On Nov 10, 2012
Op u seem like these kind of people that, when giving people favours, they have to be on tip-toes. #notcool @ all.
U go jjust want the passenger to wear seatbelt, cut all him calls, help u clear traffic sef and only talk when he's about to get off?
Your problem goes beyond ur call jare! Sth else is triggering it.

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by pareto(m): 5:33am On Nov 10, 2012
Just because the passenger is not a lady that you complain. Be tolerant!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by An0nimus: 5:50am On Nov 10, 2012
@OP Stop giving people lifts bruh cos i'll bet there're a whole lotta stuffs that piss u off..like someone battlin to use the seatbelt :/ or betta still tell 'em the do's n don'ts upfront..

Things passengers do that I don't like..
1. Eating & throwing the empty bottle/satchet/whatever inside the vehicle or out on the road. Even 'more civil' Nigerians do this.
2. Making too much calls & sometimes giving too much personal/business info:/..the worst na when the person voice come too loud :|
3. Gisting...while it's ok to gist with a friend in a bus, why talk about your dirty sexcapades or other trash??
4. Farting...& the bus somehow does not have open windows. I almost bought a gas mask once..
5. Loud Music...driver, passengers alike. We know you love your 'native' song. Jus don't kill us with it.
Apart from these & a couple small ones (cussin',spittin out the window every now n then, cryin babies etc)..i usually no dey send people cos I get where I dey go..
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Gracious10: 6:05am On Nov 10, 2012
chinnyonwu: Op u seem like these kind of people that, when giving people favours, they have to be on tip-toes. #notcool @ all.
U go jjust want the passenger to wear seatbelt, cut all him calls, help u clear traffic sef and only talk when he's about to get off?

1 million likes jare!

@OP, I see PRIDE and complete INTOLERANCE written all over you!! My people calls it BITTER LEAF BODY! All I see in your write-up is "me, my, mine, I" Haba! Na only you? Too much for one person who shares this same world with other humans.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by flashdrive(f): 6:43am On Nov 10, 2012
emmanwandud: Op u too complain every thing pisses u off seems u just got ur mobility recently with time ull understand that its all shit
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by youngboss1(m): 6:47am On Nov 10, 2012
this one funny bt it very irritating
Logicboy03: [size=18pt]Farting in the car.

It's the silent one that kills!

Even worse when the windows are up!

angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by acidtalk: 6:56am On Nov 10, 2012
glimpse: wat kind of car do u own, n hw much did u buy it? Na u 1st buy car ni? Abeg, carry d car on ur head so dat ppl will knw hw important it is 2 u. Shior...oshi ni ile pako. #spits on d car#

Don't mind him, when some people manage to buy their world most expensive asset for N250,000 probably a 1991 Honda accord dem no go let us rest.

When I am leaving my whole house for friends and travelling for weeks shey na very trivial things like adjusting car radio or making call that I will now want to bother myself with?

Obvious he is very unaccomodating and a petty sorry a-ss individual.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by acidtalk: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2012
chinnyonwu: Op u seem like these kind of people that, when giving people favours, they have to be on tip-toes. #notcool @ all.

I seriously doubt if he truly has a car. I believe he is just stating what others have said of their experiences with passengers.

The number 2 contradicted the number one. The same guy he said talks to much is the same person always on phone.

I doubt if he can even allow his friends cruise his car at all.

Some people just let little vanity things take control of their sense of reasoning.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by glimpse(f): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk:

Don't mind him, when some people manage to buy their world most expensive asset for N250,000 probably a 1991 Honda accord dem no go let us rest.

When I am leaving my whole house for friends and travelling for weeks shey na very trivial things like adjusting car radio or making call that I will now want to bother myself with?

Obvious he is very unaccomodating and a petty sorry a-ss individual.

dnt mind him jor...na igberaga na im dey wori am. Very soon he wil soon knw wat igberakuru feels lyk.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by snazzydawn(f): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Wow! Reading through all the pet peeves and I'm now scared of entering people's cars. Sheeeeshhh!!! Guys, it is just a car, it's never that serious!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by airfinance(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2012
Carry Aboki for your car make You see as in those fulani wey dey carry stick. You go see how monkus AKA kelembe dey fly comot from your window
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by jethro2: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2012
At op, most of your observation are true but you sound so gross, on edge, too arrogant and most important lack some quantity of love for fellow man. The car is just a possession. Pls learn to be more tolerant

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by MissOpe(f): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2012
@ all those talking about throwing gala wrappers,,, lacasera bottles and the likes into the bus....please u really do need to enlighten me on this issue....am i suppose to put all that jazz into my bag? Because obviously I don't throw stuff outta the bus...... I rather drop it in the bus...so tell me wat to do ..civil Nigerians.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2012
OP,I don't have a car yet but I feel you.I was brought up to understand that one should always respect other people's space.In fact,anytime I ride along with other passengers and I notice some of these bad behaviour,I get annoyed on behalf of the driver/car owner.Most Nigerians just don't undersyand the acceptable social behaviour.

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by holusormi(m): 7:25am On Nov 10, 2012
op,i feel u jarwe..for those of you crying and shouting that it's just a car, pls guys do the whole of nairaland a big favor and shutup,, when yall is old/rich enough to buy yourselves Nice rides, believe me it's gonna be like a baby to u..op even try sef...u try that shit with some people i know and they gonn throw your ass outta the car...it's his car, he bought it with his money, he maintains it with his money, her fuels it with his money, he cleans it with his hand, he bought the car stereo with his money and HE'S OFFERING YOU A FREE RIDE, the least you can do is follow his rules...chikena!!#

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by dljbd1(m): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2012
**passing by**
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by OkwaIfugo(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2012
Hahaha @OP na wa ooo
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by dabrake(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2012
Miss Ope: @ all those talking about throwing gala wrappers,,, lacasera bottles and the likes into the bus....please u really do need to enlighten me on this issue....am i suppose to put all that jazz into my bag? Because obviously I don't throw stuff outta the bus...... I rather drop it in the bus...so tell me wat to do ..civil Nigerians.
put it in your pocket/bag if there's no bin. That's the right thing just that Nigeria has spoilt us.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 10, 2012
Well talking about what a co-passenger do in d vehicle, i hate it when a lady with a huge b.reast sits next to me and keep smooshing her b.reast on my shoulder and sometimes to my face 4 a every single pot d car climbs. It make my d.i.c.k get up and i dislike it.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by nikkyshyne(f): 7:39am On Nov 10, 2012
SNEEZING: I hate it when a passenger sneezes.(I hold my breathe for a while). Worst is that I flucking over hate it when he/she sneezes without covering the mouth. Hell is that I hate when the sneezer(uncovered mouth) is directly behind me or by my side.

A man sneezed behind me the other day and I felt his moisture on my arm. I was so so mad that the madness made me dumb and couldn't alter a single word. I freezed and was in shock wondering if I was dreaming or if this was reality.

The next morning, I was awakened by my own sneeze and my woes started from there. I was incapacitated for 3 days straight with serious catarrh and fever. angry

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by manosteel(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2012
I hate it when a passenger spit in d car, belch in the car, eat food with strong aroma in the car, leaning head on a fellow passenger while sleeping, sitting comfortably at d expense of fellow passenger, eating Garlic in the car, stopping frequently to urinate.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by ollystic: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2012
@Op , I Guess Your too Mean , All this Car thing is Vanity and You can Loose it any Day and You can Add More to Your Fleet Any Day , The Person You Lift today Could Also Give you One Tomorrow .. Your Talking Like someone Who Has Wanted a Car In 50 years and is just getting it , Though there Ought to be Courtesy But you Dont Have to be mean and Be Angry at everything and You have some Close Pals Who Can Tune the Volume of the Radio While You Drive and You can Also Discuss While You Drive , Nothing Bad Doing that But I guess your Not a Good Driver , You get Confuse if you talk While Driving ...Mtscheww !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by azpekuliar: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2012
Well, the one that really irks me is you enter a commercial bus and the bus is barely 10 meters away when somebody just starts shouting and singing:

"...brothers and sisters we are gathered once again to hear the word of God...some went to sleep but have not woken up...many are gone...In the book of..." bla bla bla

I'd be like WTF! The most annoying thing is that the fellow would just be screaming in a high-pitched voice with no regard for decorum, as if heaven is for everyone.

I can't stand these pastors/men of God aboard commercial buses.

6 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by kellystech(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2012
I dnt give lifts!
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Ranoscky(m): 8:03am On Nov 10, 2012
Ikenna351: TALKING TOO MUCH: This can be very annoying to me. There was this colleague i used to give lift on my way back home from work. Whenever he enters my car, my nightmare would start. This guy would start complaining endlessly. Boss A did this to him, while Boss B liked this thing he did. Colleague A spied on him and reported to Boss C and colleague B told him what colleague A did, etc. This would continue till i got to my destination or his. Who told him i would be interested in such his stories, I would wonder? Sometimes, "Shut the Fvkk up!", I would want to say. angry But would take a deep breath and keep my cool. I tried to send him a message that his stories were the last thing i wanted to hear when am driving, but he just couldnt figure it out. Then i had no option than "Hey, I got somewhere, private, i needed to drive to first. So, see you tomorrow". I believe he got that message he refused to get all those while. I got my peace back.

PHONE CALLS: This guy, whenever i am giving him lift, he would always pull out his phone, dial and speak with contact A. After he is done with contact A, he would dial contact B. After contact B, contact C it is. The guy will never allow me to listen to my music. Before you know it, the journey dont end be dat. Even when i leave the radio volume as it were before his phone call madness starts, he would reach out himself to turn down the radio volume. This is the one that really pisses me off. How dare you touch my radio you fool! angry Why would my car become a phone booth for him, I would wonder? Why cant a passenger a allow a driver that owns his/her car enjoys his goddamn music? Cant the calls wait till he get's the HELL out off my car? This is a private car for crying out loud, and not some mobile phone booth. angry Very upsetting!

SLAMMING DOORS: I hate it when a passenger does that to any of the doors, even if you are very close to me. The sound would hit my heart, as if it was my heart that was shut that hard. Even people that i thought should know better would end up doing the same silly thing. That usually happens when they are going out of the car. Because if you do that when you entering my car instead, you wont like my reaction. I bet you!

I do see some cars, with Paseengers placing their foots on the dashboards. I keep wondering, why no one has done that to my car? Because i would simply tell the person to respect him/herself or get the Hell out of my car. Women are mostly culprits here. I dont care how beautiful a female passenger is, but you donot disrespect my car. It's a big DON'Ts for me.

I don't like people fiddling with the radio when am driving. My car, my goddamn choice of music! angry

I think these annoying issues with some passengers is lack of respect and no manners. You can't work into a man's house, meet him watching 24 series on MBC Action, and you just take the remote and turn it to African Magic. So what's the difference with this in a car? All you have to do is to ask. "Hey, can you tune to Raypower fm? There is a program I would love to listen to." I dont think any driver would not happily grant you your request. But passengers shouldnt take things for granted. Yes, you can receive call when someone is giving you a lift. The driver would understand and lower the radio volume for you. But you shouldnt start making unnecessary calls, expecting him to grant you another favour with the radio volume, when he/she is already doing one by giving you the lift.

As for me: My Car, My rules! Get in, keep quiet or talk when necessary. Allow me my music i find comfortable driving with or listening to. If you are not ok with that, of course you should know what to do. Its called PRIVATE CAR please!

What's your own story?

Ikenna.
Hella noise!

Ok, i get it! Your car.

Next!
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by An0nimus: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2012
Miss Ope: @ all those talking about throwing gala wrappers,,, lacasera bottles and the likes into the bus....please u really do need to enlighten me on this issue....am i suppose to put all that jazz into my bag? Because obviously I don't throw stuff outta the bus...... I rather drop it in the bus...so tell me wat to do ..civil Nigerians.
No one is claiming overly perfect here. Anyways, I wrap mine in a polybag and drop at the first waste basket I come across when I get off the bus..do you know some buses now have waste baskets and people still don't use them?

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by RuuDie(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2012
For me, three things!

One. The music. . .passengers trying to flip, turn down or off my music.
I play whatever I want and at whatever volume that pleases me (usually very loud); only my parents can make me turn it down or off!

Two. The AC. . .don't even attempt to turn it on even if we're stuck in hell-fire.
I mostly drive with my windows wound down because I love to hear the sounds of Eko, as much as I love to see; and also I'd have to turn down the volume of the music significantly if all the windows are up - else run the risk of going deaf. Here again only exception is the Ol' man and Lady!

Three. Horseplay. . .tickling, nudging or trying to make 'playful' or otherwise contact or gestures in any way is strictly prohibited. It is not my portion to die in an auto crash!
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Ranoscky(m): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2012
dabrake: put it in your pocket/bag if there's no bin. That's the right thing just that Nigeria has spoilt us.
Nonsense!

Put it in what bag? Why not question the "public bus" not havin a waste bin?
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BMW Unveils The New 2019 Z4 Roadster At This Year's Monterey Car Week / LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When Idling Or When Speeding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.