Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Annoying Things Passengers Do? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Annoying Things Passengers Do? (12469 Views)

Graphic Pics: Passengers In Danfo Bus Badly Burnt After Fuel Stored Exploded / Ghastly Accident Along Ilesha Road Crushed All Passengers Dead(Graphic Photos) / 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
Well...i once got in a cab and there was this dude putting on his earphones and like every minute he'll say... "Bleep the Bleep...i don't give a shit" really loud. I wonder if that's what he was actually listening to but it was really annoying....
Secondly....crying babies! They just give me headaches...
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
bee444:

Are you a cab driver? If not, your friend should be able to touch your radio irrespective of you not liking it. I think you're intolerable and lack patience and love. Pls don't call this diplomacy because it is not.

I beg to disagree with you on this. Even as friends, we should all have a level of RESPECT for each other's things.

If I were to make a call in my friend's car, I will signal to my friend to help me reduce the volume/allow me reduce the volume of the radio if I feel it's too loud and disrupting my call.

I find it very rude for me to just reduce the volume without seeking his/her consent. Since I wouldn't want such done to me, I don't do such (Golden Rule)

If I were the one driving, I won't even wait for him/her to reduce it, once the call has been connected, I'll automatically reduce the radio volume; it's a reflex action for me.

From the op's tone & narration, I can tell the guy wasn't a friend; just an office colleague he gives a ride. If it was a friend, he might have no issue with it since there's a bond between them.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by tunnytox(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

I beg to disagree with you on this. Even as friends, we should all have a level of RESPECT for each other's things.

If I was to make a call in my friend's car, I will signal to my friend to help me reduce the volume/allow me reduce the volume of the radio if I feel it's too loud and disrupting my call.

I find it very rude for me to just reduce the volume without seeking his/her consent. Since I wouldn't want such done to me, I don't do such[b](Golden Rule)[/b]

If I was the one driving, I won't even wait for him/her to reduce it, once the call has been connected, I'll automatically reduce the radio volume; it's a reflex action for me.

From the op's tone & narration, I can tell the guy wasn't a friend; just an office colleague he gives a ride. If it was a friend, he might have no issue with it since there's a bond between them.

Exactly! Some people just lack basic courtesy and consideration for others.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Logicboy03: [size=18pt]Farting in the car. It's the silent one that kills!Even worse when the windows are up!

angry angry angry angry angry[/size]

I dont blv a passenger in a car will do that, haba, i am sure they will think 2ce and remember it is not their own machine, except they are your kids
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I dont blv a passenger in a car will do that, haba, i am sure they will think 2ce and remember it is not their own machine, except they are your kids

Aint got kids, bro
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Roon9(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
Zeddicus: Are we just talking about private cars?
Ever shared a taxi and the dude on one end is playing music loudly from his phone? Anytime this happens I make sure I let the person know what common sense is.
Secondly, when you quickly pull out your phone to tweet or chat and some f00l close to you stretches his neck reading every bit of what is on your screen!
On one occassion, the guy was bold enough to ask me what LMFAO meant as I was chatting with one babe oblivious of the fact that someone was reading our chat!
The embarrassment I gave him that day he won't forget it in a hurry.

Wickedly funny. Smiles
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Mustay(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
Zeddicus:
On one occassion, the guy was bold enough to ask me what LMFAO meant as I was chatting with one babe oblivious of the fact that someone was reading our chat!
The embarrassment I gave him that day he won't forget it in a hurry.

Ahan why nau? I just LMFAOed at this cool

One thing that has been observed is a lack of public etiquettes here - peeps seem to take things for granted and tend to play it down with "na only you do this and that?" etc

For those who litter, please don't eat or drink such stuff if you know you won't dispose ofc the wrappers/containers properly - even the manufacturers beg you and still display an image of 'Dispose Off Properly', 'Keep Nigeria Clean' etc - even for those who can't read, the image of a bin + a (wo)man is there. iHiss

It even gets worse when private car owners or passengers throw things outta the window - gross indecency. These are the same people who'll abuse their government for 'this and that' whilst still contributing to more 'these and those'.

Whilst the car owner is the owner of the property, I'd say is a 2-way thing. There are some passengers you don't roll with but it's the radio that kills the 'suspense' - increasing the volume to incredible levels is similarly disrespectful to the occupant except such a person acedes to ig or is a 'party rider' like the driver.

For a city like Lagos, maybe the 'banging the door' mentality is as a result of the 'rush rush, no suegbe' kinda atmosphere of Lagos - even in public vehicles, you must always be gingered ni shaaaaaa!

Why would a passenger wanna put his or her feet on the dashboard? That's outright bunkum nau! Moreover, even if the person na your friend, that's a shortcut to attempting Liu Kang's steps during an accident - use your seat belts!!!

I don't like dirt generally anyway, but sometimes it's impossible for passengers not too import dirt with their shoes.

The level of accomodation depends on the type of passenger but respect is mutual; some things are tolerable whilst some aren't and that doesn't necessary connote pride. Even in public vehicles that you've paid for your fare, you cannot do as you like just because you have paid for the conveyance - so, give Shina what is unto Shina.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by avicky(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
Psaalmuel: When d passengr nxt 2 me z bweastfeedn a baby..aargh..badtin
U aint serious abt dis, are u?
What if it was ur wife or sister bosomfeeding, will u like someone to look down on her like u're saying now?
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by otokx(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
These days some people try as much as possible not to give lifts, it saves them the heartache. Some things that annoy me are as follows

1. You enter the car and roll the window down then when you are coming down you do not roll it back the way you met it especially at the back seat.

2. Body odour - now this is the final stroke cos yours truly has to now drive with his head almost out the window and the intruder will be saying bros is there a problem?

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by avicky(f): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Miss Ope: @ all those talking about throwing gala wrappers,,, lacasera bottles and the likes into the bus....please u really do need to enlighten me on this issue....am i suppose to put all that jazz into my bag? Because obviously I don't throw stuff outta the bus...... I rather drop it in the bus...so tell me wat to do ..civil Nigerians.
Abi oh, i wonder o. I personally don't throw things out of a moving vehicle, mine or a public vehicle, so is it not civil to leave d wrappers & all sorts in d vehicle trash
Just thinking aloud.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by tunnytox(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
avicky:
Abi oh, i wonder o. I personally don't throw things out of a moving vehicle, mine or a public vehicle, so is it not civil to leave d wrappers & all sorts in d vehicle trash
Just thinking aloud.

Put them in your bag if you're being given a lift but in a public transport if they have rubbish basket you may put them there.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
avicky: Abi oh, i wonder o. I personally don't throw things out of a moving vehicle, mine or a public vehicle, so is it not civil to leave d wrappers & all sorts in d vehicle trash
Just thinking aloud.

Private cars are not likely to have trash cans. You hang onto your litter, until you get to a place where you can dispose of them SENSIBLY. Even if you're using public transport, you don't just chuck your trash on the floor.

Someone else has to use the same vehicle, so it makes sense to leave the surroundings as you'd like to find them.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by mamagee3(f): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
The most annoying thing they do is argue over trivial things thereby disturbing the peace of other passengers

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Somatic(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
Gracious10:

Erm, this is a faceless Forum and believe me some people owns better cars than whatever he thinks he owns. So pls enough of the rich talk crap.

When you genuinely help people, there is an inner gratifying PEACE that follows. If you lack this peace, and all you feel is anger, intolerance within you at the point of helping others, then you haven't done a thing. You might as well never do it. The act of HELP isn't conducive, it must take something from you. Your money,comfort,time. But the ability to do this with joy regardless of the inconveniences is where the blessing lies. That fulfilment is priceless.

So if this OP is really this pissed at people he helps, then he might as well not do it at all. And there are very polite ways to correct people rather than put up a mean face and worse of all REGRET that he helped a fellow human. If he's this unhappy yet helps them, I personally call it pretence and its not a genuine component of HELP.

I get people can be ill mannered, the ability to politely correct them even in a playful way will help, while you retain the joy of helping others. But I insist OP get pinch body cheesy

Please when and where did you read the OP mention his aversion to giving rides or helping others? Do you know how many he has helped in various means on and off Nairaland? Yes giving is gratifying and leaves one with a sense of peace. However what if the recipient's gesture leaves you with a sour taste. Where is now the priceless peace? Even pretences have their limits.

You also mentioned correcting politely. Now knowing how badly humans this side of the planet react to corrections, won't any attempt at it backfire on the owner and the "because he manage give me lift for him jaguda car, I nor go hear word" scenario will play out leading to strained relations with its attendant demerits all ontop ya own moto O. So like a helper that he is, he has to endure the obvious discomfort to attain your kind of peace and contentment abi? That he came to voice his reservations on a faceless forum instead of lashing out on the offending passenger shows he's endured a lot and you call him 'pinch body', may God help you. I still maintain, offer rides if you're able to. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Somatic(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
avicky:
Just thinking aloud.

And how many vehicles have you seen with trash cans as standard? Again, why carry things that will constitute trash into someone's vehicle(private or commercial) and intend to leave it there? Does the vehicle look like a dumpster? Will you clean it for him/her? Simply get to your destination and dispose of your trash. Your type are the reason people refuse to give lifts.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by lukkie(m): 1:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Mustay:

Ahan why nau? I just LMFAOed at this cool

One thing that has been observed is a lack of public etiquettes here - peeps seem to take things for granted and tend to play it down with "na only you do this and that?" etc

For those who litter, please don't eat or drink such stuff if you know you won't dispose the wrappers/containers properly - even the manufacturers beg you and still display an image of 'Dispose Off Properly', 'Keep Nigeria Clean' etc - even for those who can't read, the image of a bin + a (wo)man is there. iHiss
It even gets worse when private car owners or passengers throw things outta the window - gross indecency. These are the same people who'll abuse their government for 'this and that' whilst still contributing to more 'these and those'.

Whilst the car owner is the owner of the property, I'd say is a 2-way thing. There are some passengers you don't roll with but it's the radio that kills the 'suspense' but increasing the volume to incredible levels is similarly disrespectful to the occupant except such a person acedes to that or is a 'party rider'.

For a city like Lagos, maybe the 'banging the door' mentality is as a result of the 'rush rush, no suegbe' kinda atmosphere of Lagos - even in public vehicles, you must always be gingered ni shaaaaaa!

LOL. I like your flows.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by eaglechild: 1:37am On Nov 11, 2012
Those of u bashing the op obviously lack courtesy.
Why would any right thinking human FIDDLE with the stereo of the person giving u a lift.
What happened to asking politely 'i'm sorry but pls could u lower the volume, i need to take a call(and that is if u absolutely have to take the call as this in itself is impolite if u are a stranger)'.
Reaching out your left hand to fiddle my controls while bawling loudly at the phone is a NO NO for me.
Perhaps, worst for me is INTRUSION into my privacy.
I have had a complete stranger whom i offered a lift ask me PERSONAL questions in a bid to keep up a conversation.
What do u do for a living?
Are u married?
Where does ur wife work!!!
How many children do u have??!!
Where do u worship?etc etc
It took a lot of self control not to let off the person as it was raining.
If u must discuss, guage the mood of the person and stick to politics, sports and the weather( if u are a stranger).

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by JW214: 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
Public bus
Route:Ibadan to Ife
Activity: passengers buying Bean cake(Akara), telling the driver to park not minding there are other passengers in the bus, there you will hear words like:
"Driver duro, mo fe gba shanjii mi" (Driver wait, I want to collect my change), some of the hawkers will run after vechiles not minding other road users, these hawkers risk their lives so much, highway hacking should be discouraged

Route: Ondo state to Abuja via Ibilo
Activity: buying fried yam and plantain, it is so annoying that some passanger will even stain your cloth trying to buy this foods plus eating manners in the bus, at the end of the day, they will litter the vehicle with their rubbish

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by obowunmi(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
How do you do long distance trips on the bad roads? You guys try sha.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Daluuzor(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
acidtalk:

Don't mind him, when some people manage to buy their world most expensive asset for N250,000 probably a 1991 Honda accord dem no go let us rest.

When I am leaving my whole house for friends and travelling for weeks shey na very trivial things like adjusting car radio or making call that I will now want to bother myself with?

Obvious he is very unaccomodating and a petty sorry a-ss individual.

dats y ppl r diff, u might not give a damn abt wat hapens to ur house or ur car, but d op does, he s only bearing his mind and shld b respected cuz d car is his, even if d car is worth 10grand!
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Daluuzor(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
acidtalk:

I seriously doubt if he truly has a car. I believe he is just stating what others have said of their experiences with passengers.

The number 2 contradicted the number one. The same guy he said talks to much is the same person always on phone.

I doubt if he can even allow his friends cruise his car at all.

Some people just let little vanity things take control of their sense of reasoning.

just take a luk @ ur own signature! I tink dats wat d Op is doin, saying his mind!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by harlos: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
obowunmi: How do you do long distance trips on the bad roads? You guys try sha.
We are used to it and we no fit run away... undecided
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Daluuzor(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
airfinance: Carry Aboki for your car make You see as in those fulani wey dey carry stick. You go see how monkus AKA kelembe dey fly comot from your window

dats y it is called private car! It is far diff frm public cars!!
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dalu uzor: dats y it is called private car! It is far diff frm public cars!!

Uzor, are you a James Hadley Chase fan?
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
- I really hate when folks make me wait/ambush me into giving them lifts, early morning and after work, just the time when pesin wan gather hin thoughts. Had this neighbor would spring out of nowhere just when you thought you'd evaded her!
- I hate when they ask to be dropped where there's no bus-stop, right in the middle of the road, intra-city. you go hear "bros, e j'en sare bole, sharp sharp". Were, so LASTMA go hol me abi?!
- That door-slamming thing drives me up the rafters! There was this character that consistently banged my door, until I took to stretching my hand across to check the force. Got a friend that currently does this, i still dey look am...
- As a bobo, sometimes you're looking to maybe pick up a random fine gal going your way(especially these sans okada days), na dat time everybody go wan cop a lift.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by tunnytox(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
BoboYekini: - I really hate when folks make me wait/ambush me into giving them lifts, early morning and after work, just the time when pesin wan gather hin thoughts. Had this neighbor would spring out of nowhere just when you thought you'd evaded her!
- I hate when they ask to be dropped where there's no bus-stop, right in the middle of the road, intra-city. you go hear "bros, e j'en sare bole, sharp sharp". Were, so LASTMA go hol me abi?!
- That door-slamming thing drives me up the rafters! There was this character that consistently banged my door, until I took to stretching my hand across to check the force. Got a friend that currently does this, i still dey look am...
- As a bobo, sometimes you're looking to maybe pick up a random fine gal going your way(especially these sans okada days), na dat time everybody go wan cop a lift.

Lmao grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When Idling Or When Speeding? / Local Government Permits For Private Buses In Lagos State, Legal Or Illegal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.