Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Annoying Things Passengers Do? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Annoying Things Passengers Do? (12458 Views)

Graphic Pics: Passengers In Danfo Bus Badly Burnt After Fuel Stored Exploded / Ghastly Accident Along Ilesha Road Crushed All Passengers Dead(Graphic Photos) / 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Ikenna351(m): 12:49am On Nov 09, 2012
TALKING TOO MUCH: This can be very annoying to me. There was this colleague i used to give lift on my way back home from work. Whenever he enters my car, my nightmare would start. This guy would start complaining endlessly. Boss A did this to him, while Boss B liked this thing he did. Colleague A spied on him and reported to Boss C and colleague B told him what colleague A did, etc. This would continue till i got to my destination or his. Who told him i would be interested in such his stories, I would wonder? Sometimes, "Shut the Fvkk up!", I would want to say. angry But would take a deep breath and keep my cool. I tried to send him a message that his stories were the last thing i wanted to hear when am driving, but he just couldnt figure it out. Then i had no option than "Hey, I got somewhere, private, i needed to drive to first. So, see you tomorrow". I believe he got that message he refused to get all those while. I got my peace back.

PHONE CALLS: This guy, whenever i am giving him lift, he would always pull out his phone, dial and speak with contact A. After he is done with contact A, he would dial contact B. After contact B, contact C it is. The guy will never allow me to listen to my music. Before you know it, the journey dont end be dat. Even when i leave the radio volume as it were before his phone call madness starts, he would reach out himself to turn down the radio volume. This is the one that really pisses me off. How dare you touch my radio you fool! angry Why would my car become a phone booth for him, I would wonder? Why cant a passenger a allow a driver that owns his/her car enjoys his goddamn music? Cant the calls wait till he get's the HELL out off my car? This is a private car for crying out loud, and not some mobile phone booth. angry Very upsetting!

SLAMMING DOORS: I hate it when a passenger does that to any of the doors, even if you are very close to me. The sound would hit my heart, as if it was my heart that was shut that hard. Even people that i thought should know better would end up doing the same silly thing. That usually happens when they are going out of the car. Because if you do that when you entering my car instead, you wont like my reaction. I bet you!

I do see some cars, with Paseengers placing their foots on the dashboards. I keep wondering, why no one has done that to my car? Because i would simply tell the person to respect him/herself or get the Hell out of my car. Women are mostly culprits here. I dont care how beautiful a female passenger is, but you donot disrespect my car. It's a big DON'Ts for me.

I don't like people fiddling with the radio when am driving. My car, my goddamn choice of music! angry

I think these annoying issues with some passengers is lack of respect and no manners. You can't work into a man's house, meet him watching 24 series on MBC Action, and you just take the remote and turn it to African Magic. So what's the difference with this in a car? All you have to do is to ask. "Hey, can you tune to Raypower fm? There is a program I would love to listen to." I dont think any driver would not happily grant you your request. But passengers shouldnt take things for granted. Yes, you can receive call when someone is giving you a lift. The driver would understand and lower the radio volume for you. But you shouldnt start making unnecessary calls, expecting him to grant you another favour with the radio volume, when he/she is already doing one by giving you the lift.

As for me: My Car, My rules! Get in, keep quiet or talk when necessary. Allow me my music i find comfortable driving with or listening to. If you are not ok with that, of course you should know what to do. Its called PRIVATE CAR please!

What's your own story?

Ikenna.

11 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by obowunmi(m): 1:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Serious matter
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Gboliwe: 3:38am On Nov 09, 2012
Hmmm, a really serious matter.
I dont have a car yet, so i'll just watch from the sidelines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by obowunmi(m): 6:58am On Nov 09, 2012
OP sounds like a taxi driver not a car owner.

31 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by jeezybuck: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2012
I do see some cars, with Paseengers placing their foots on the dashboards. I keep wondering, why no one has done that to my car? Because i would simply tell the person to respect him/herself or get the Hell out of my car. Women are mostly culprits here. I dont care how beautiful a female passenger is, but you donot disrespect my car. It's a big DON'Ts for me.

THAT IS WHAT I HATE MOST
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by aieromon(m): 11:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
Fiddling with my car stereo

#thatsdshytidontlike angry
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
I don't like it when peeps eat anyhow in the car, most especially eating groundnut, and having the thin brown layer blown all around by the wind.

I don't like it when the seat gets adjusted anyhow! Leave am as i put am.

WTF are u luking for in ma pigeon hole?

9 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
[size=18pt]Farting in the car.

It's the silent one that kills!

Even worse when the windows are up!

angry angry angry angry angry[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by mashnino(m): 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
PHONE CALLS: This guy, whenever i am giving him lift, he would always pull out his phone, dial and speak with contact A. After he is done with contact A, he would dial contact B. After contact B, contact C it is. The guy will never allow me to listen to my music. Before you know it, the journey dont end be dat. Even when i leave the radio volume as it were before his phone call madness starts, he would reach out himself to turn down the radio volume. This is the one that really pisses me off. How dare you touch my radio you fool! angry Why would my car become a phone booth for him, I would wonder? Why cant a passenger a allow a driver that owns his/her car enjoys his goddamn music? Cant the calls wait till he get's the HELL out off my car? This is a private car for crying out loud, and not some mobile phone booth. angry Very upsetting!

LAFF WAN KILL ME
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Owoinukolo(m): 11:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
How about you picking someone and as soon as you setp on the gas he/she starts snoring like no mans business, worst still when you are in traffic or going for a business meeting..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by meerkat(m): 11:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
obowunmi: OP sounds like a taxi driver not a car owner.

you are dead wrong cos I have experinced similar things. But the difference between me and the OP is that I do not hesitate to read you the riot act shekina smiley

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by emmanwandud(m): 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Op u too complain every thing pisses u off seems u just got ur mobility recently with time ull understand that its all shit

11 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Lagusta(m): 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
The worst is if someone tells me "driver o wa ooo" meaning "driver e dey here ooo" shey I be danfo driver

But the thing is, I just can't get over it, I just have to pick one or two pple......
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by freecocoa(f): 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
One thing I particularly hate are passengers shouting "driver take am easy na, na human beings you carry o, I never wan die, I still young, I never even marry not to talk of borning pikin" whenever he enters a pot hole or increases his speed.
If he overtakes a car from the right side(abi na left sef) dey continue "Driver athink you no dey hear, if them send you tell them say you no see me, blood of jesus cover me, God pass your power, no be me you go kill, holy ghost fire consume people wey wan kill me, driver no be your motor be the first wey I ever enter so e no go be the last too"
Nna menh I keep wondering what is wrong with them.
Ofcourse I'm talking about a bus going to Lagos from Aba.

11 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by safarigirl(f): 12:00am On Nov 10, 2012
Leaving the car untidy- Most Nigerian passengers are guilty of this, wherever they go, they must leave a trail of pure water sachets, biscuit or gala wrappers, empty cans or bottles of coke, and the most annoying of them all- banana peels. Nothing irks a dude more than leaving his ride in a messy state, especially when he's the one left with all the cleaning

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by dabrake(m): 12:00am On Nov 10, 2012
Was returning home from Lag after my IT program and this nonsense man was calling imaginary business associates, shouting ". . .hope you were able to clear those 17 fleets of Maybach . . .", ". . .have you paid the 60million naira into my account . . .", " . . . If I lose that 4 million dollars contract . . .", " . . . please, reserve 47 hectares of land for me. I will pay the money into your account as soon as I land uyo . . .", " . . . So how much will an estate of 300 units go for . . . I'm ready to pay, just name your price and it's a deal . . .", . . .
I was sufficiently angry but refused to let his notice it. I then told him he is disturbing us and his response " . . . and how is that your problem? I'm making some important business calls with real money in question and you are trying to dictate how I should express myself. Must everyone be as poor as you are? . . ."
I responded "na so you get money reach na him dem smuggle you inside this bus like eegbo" (for those who travel with aktc, they know what I'm tryina portray.
Na so everybody for bus begin dey yab the numskull.

10 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Psaalmuel(m): 12:02am On Nov 10, 2012
When d passengr nxt 2 me z bweastfeedn a baby..aargh..badtin

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by bee444: 12:04am On Nov 10, 2012
PHONE CALLS: This guy, whenever i am giving him lift, he would always pull out his phone, dial and speak with contact A. After he is done with contact A, he would dial contact B. After contact B, contact C it is. The guy will never allow me to listen to my music. Before you know it, the journey dont end be dat. Even when i leave the radio volume as it were before his phone call madness starts, he would reach out himself to turn down the radio volume. This is the one that really pisses me off. How dare you touch my radio you fool! Why would my car become a phone booth for him, I would wonder? Why cant a passenger a allow a driver that owns his/her car enjoys his goddamn music? Cant the calls wait till he get's the HELL out off my car? This is a private car for crying out loud, and not some mobile phone booth. Very upsetting!

Are you a cab driver? If not, your friend should be able to touch your radio irrespective of you not liking it. I think you're intolerable and lack patience and love. Pls don't call this diplomacy because it is not.

9 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Sagytarius(m): 12:09am On Nov 10, 2012
obowunmi: OP sounds like a taxi driver not a car owner.
Taaa!! Chattap!
I've observed that too.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by tunnytox(m): 12:21am On Nov 10, 2012
bee444:

Are you a cab driver? If not, your friend should be able to touch your radio irrespective of you not liking it. I think you're intolerable and lack patience and love. Pls don't call this diplomacy because it is not.

I disagree with you, I deserve some respect from a friend I'm giving a lift to especially if its not a one off! I will definitely tell such a friend to give me the respect I deserve I'll not be a prisoner in my own f***king car!

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 10, 2012
wen som1 especialy a fat person sit next 2u in d cab nd takes al d sit makin it inconvenient 4 u.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2012
Are we just talking about private cars?
Ever shared a taxi and the dude on one end is playing music loudly from his phone? Anytime this happens I make sure I let the person know what common sense is.
Secondly, when you quickly pull out your phone to tweet or chat and some f00l close to you stretches his neck reading every bit of what is on your screen!
On one occassion, the guy was bold enough to ask me what LMFAO meant as I was chatting with one babe oblivious of the fact that someone was reading our chat!
The embarrassment I gave him that day he won't forget it in a hurry.

12 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by freecocoa(f): 12:42am On Nov 10, 2012
What of those ones that sing at the top of their voices? the annoying thing is usually that they don't know the lyrics of the songs yet them no go let person hear word.
Or the ones that lean on you while sleeping.
One time I was traveling
the fat woman beside me was sleeping her life away with me as the pillow, I lost count of how many times I woke her up only for her to fall back asleep almost immediately, my beef with her was not really the sleeping but the fact that smelly saliva was dripping out of her wide mouth and straight to my shoulder, it was really irritating.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by bee444: 12:43am On Nov 10, 2012
tunnytox:

I disagree with you, I deserve some respect from a friend I'm giving a lift to especially if its not a one off! I will definitely tell such a friend to give me the respect I deserve I'll not be a prisoner in my own f***king car!

Best bet, stop giving them a ride!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Dagods(m): 12:45am On Nov 10, 2012
Ikennaya'u finìsh efely tin gboam.hey don't u guyz tink smtin is misin?ever gave a ride 2 da show-show type,e'g wen u r on motion he wil sudenly ask u 2 stop 4 him 2 show off,'i paid a bill of#5000.k,2 LASTMA'@akowonjo/dopemu axis,simply b'cos d guy ì gave a lift ask me 2 slow down,tougt it was smtin serious,i neva new da cassanova was gonna show off 4 sm 4kin LovePeddler,& b4 u could say jonathan-gudlu---a lastma official walk up,it tuk me 5k 2 clear dat mess while dat 'Anuofia' was watchin,,mtcheeeeewww.next joooor.
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by jeyne(f): 1:16am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: One thing I particularly hate are passengers shouting "driver take am easy na, na human beings you carry o, I never wan die, I still young, I never even marry not to talk of borning pikin" whenever he enters a pot hole or increases his speed.
If he overtakes a car from the right side(abi na left sef) dey continue "Driver athink you no dey hear, if them send you tell them say you no see me, blood of jesus cover me, God pass your power, no be me you go kill, holy ghost fire consume people wey wan kill me, driver no be your motor be the first wey I ever enter so e no go be the last too"
Nna menh I keep wondering what is wrong with them.
Ofcourse I'm talking about a bus going to Lagos from Aba.
be like say u b bus driver

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Duduconfirm: 1:27am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa abeg no use laff kill me
Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Farting! I did that a lot in school bus to the point that em white kids gets scared whenever I hoop into the school bus

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by glimpse(f): 3:19am On Nov 10, 2012
wat kind of car do u own, n hw much did u buy it? Na u 1st buy car ni? Abeg, carry d car on ur head so dat ppl will knw hw important it is 2 u. Shior...oshi ni ile pako. #spits on d car#

13 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Passengers Do? by abbeycial: 3:31am On Nov 10, 2012
I believe d poster dnt ve a cloooose frnd,if u do den u wld realize dat wit true frnds anyting is possible and ol rules cud b broken except touching each odas spouse sha kiss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos / How To Care For Your Car Windscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.