Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims (6217 Views)

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / Canoes For Flood-prone Areas In Sokoto (photo) / Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Noraokon: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2012
The Dangote-Agbakoba Presidential Committee on Flood Relief Thursday realised over N11 billion in what was described as the first leg of its fund raising.
What was realised represents only about ten per cent of the N100 billion targeted by the committee.

Co-chairman of the 34-man committee, Aliko Dangote, and the Federal Government donated the sum of N2.5 billion each, making both the highest donors at the event held at the Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja.
Investigation revealed that banks, international and local oil companies and telecommunications companies did not make any donation.
Most of the banks pledged to donate after holding their board meetings to decide what to do.

The Ministers of Petroleum and Communication Technology pledged to mobilise the IOCs and telecommunications companies respectively, to respond to the donation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dangote-committee-raises-n11bn-for-flood-victims/130136/
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by lacasa: 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Yet Nigeria has one of the Poorest citiizenry in the world

#Foolishness
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Hotdiamond(m): 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
nice

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by timpaker(m): 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
I'm impressed. Hope the money sees the light of the day sadI'm impressed. Hope the money see the light of the day
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by kingingkinging: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Good move. Morepower to you Aliko.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by piica(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
Impressive,hope it gets to my flood ravegd village. D main issue na d people wey don ready to paunch on d cash once it arrives anambra state. GOD IS WATching
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Abujafood: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
Great job but still more is needed!
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by vislabraye(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hope they'll use the money well O. I no fit shout.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
many flood victims don leave camp and don go their houses.
so how will they now locate them and what will the funds do?
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Smartiegurl(f): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hope the money gets to the victims.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by yuzedo: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
TF?! N11B!!!!! shocked

Omo na to go pour bucket of water for my sitting room make I for claim flood victim too, pocket N1B from dat money! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Smartie gurl: Hope the money gets to the victims.

For where?!!!
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
On this issue that International and Local Oil Companies did not make any donations, That is not correct, most of those companies made significant donations through NEMA and you dont expect them to double dip for the same cause.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by yuzedo: 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
By the way, what does it say when one man donates as much as one country?
#Boss! cool

..... I wish dad (Dangote) will finally come and claim my paternity.. I miss him! cry

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Emmy9ite(m): 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
Dangote is a Big time philantropist. He donated the same amount the federal Government donated! Mehn! I respect you man. I want to be more than you sir!

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Wsdm: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
It is a welcomed development. But our problem is not the money but how to reach the solution with the money.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Donald7610: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
Respect grin
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Bidexnoni: 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
Weldone mr dangote, may God bless u more dan dat. Nice job.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by falansa: 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
piica: Impressive,hope it gets to my flood ravegd village. D main issue na d people wey don ready to paunch on d cash once it arrives anambra state. GOD IS WATching

that's even if it safely arrive the flood ravaged states.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by garrigangster: 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
yuzedo: By the way, what does it say when one man donates as much as one country?
#Boss! cool

..... I wish dad (Dangote) will finally come and claim my paternity.. I miss him! cry
Wake up from your bad dream Charlie

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by misterh(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
Inasmuch as i'm tempted to praise dz act, i'm refrained by the 'Nigerian factor' whereby the money'll end up in the pockets of some pipoo. Moreover, the govt should be proactive next time. Nice one, Aliko Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by taharqa: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
yuzedo: TF?! N11B!!!!! shocked

Omo na to go pour bucket of water for my sitting room make I for claim flood victim too, pocket N1B from dat money! grin grin
Hahaha.... Thief, Ole..no let them catch you o
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Clemzy16(m): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Na now mak the flood don almost dry finish dem com raise dis kind huge amount of money! Hmmm... Nice one sha.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by ochallo: 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2012
yuzedo: By the way, what does it say when one man donates as much as one country?
#Boss! cool

you are a bastard!
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by mylesJ: 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Na Aliko go pack all d money @ d end through Dangote Group.correct man

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by princechozy: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Is not about releasing the money.Will it get to the people is is meant for?
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
yuzedo: TF?! N11B!!!!! shocked

Pour na, na u go use ur hand clean am when dem ignore u

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by chakula: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
lacasa: Yet Nigeria has one of the Poorest citiizenry in the world

#Foolishness

I wonder wo Bros, anyway sha na them know. it is the matter of time and it will happen oneday they will reach their early grave and their loots will remain on earth.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by ITbomb(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
I hope they will established Orientation Camp and pay allowances
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by BarryX(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Am sincerely hoping that the names and the head count they compiled in most of the camps by NEMA and the respective state governments are used to the latter in administering the funds and still wishing it gets to my super grandma for her doggedness throughout the ravaging flood crises. Moreover, they should give them cash and raw materials rather than some buyback''dangote noodles as relief materials.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by thelastPope(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
nice. Lord please protect the money from wolves and let the supposed recipients get it, In Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
jim ovia and authur eze donated 1 billion naira each during d fund raising ceremony.
To me dangote n authur r d big time philantropists we hv. Others r doin it hopin 2 get smetin in return 4rm d govt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Council / MISSING $20BILLION Can Build 10 Burj Khalifa ─ FASHOLA / Kanu Arrest: Biafra Leaders Write Buhari, Call Him "His Excellency"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.