Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live (2143 Views)

Oluwaseun Samuel-Fajilade With Male And Female Sex Organs Cries Out For Help / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help.. / Pimple Al Over My Face Help 4 4yr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by floxyrangy: 1:55am On Nov 15, 2010
I am in tears as I write this. I just finished reading yesterday's edition of the Nation newspaper and saw a story of Adekeye I. Rahman.
She is suffering from brain damage and needs urgent surgery. She has been given only 4 weeks more to live. If nothing is done before then, by 12th of December, she'll die! I do not know her from anywhere, I just feel I should cry for help on her behalf. She needs 10million naira before then for her brain surgery. As soon as it's daybreak, I am going to give the little I can to help. Her details are Adekeye I. Rahman, 2200001011403, Oceanic bank. There is power in numbers. If each Nairalander donates 1000naira to her, and spread the word around, we can help save a life. If in doubt, find a copy of yesterday's edition of The Nation-14th nov.
Remember, she has only 4weeks to live, we can make that difference. Time is not on our side, delay is dngerous, hurry please!!!! It could happen to you or someone close to you, don't ignore this.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by r231(m): 1:58am On Nov 15, 2010
undecided
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2010
floxyrangy:

I am in tears as I write this. I just finished reading yesterday's edition of the Nation newspaper and saw a story of Adekeye I. Rahman.
She is suffering from brain damage and needs urgent surgery. She has been given only 4 weeks more to live. If nothing is done before then, by 12th of December, she'll die! I do not know her from anywhere, I just feel I should cry for help on her behalf. She needs 10million naira before then for her brain surgery. As soon as it's daybreak, I am going to give the little I can to help. Her details are Adekeye I. Rahman, 2200001011403, Oceanic bank. There is power in numbers. If each Nairalander donates 1000naira to her, and spread the word around, we can help save a life. If in doubt, find a copy of yesterday's edition of The Nation-14th nov.
Remember, she has only 4weeks to live, we can make that difference. Time is not on our side, delay is dngerous, hurry please!!!! It could happen to you or someone close to you, don't ignore this.

grin grin grin grin
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by floxyrangy: 2:17am On Nov 15, 2010
Zimdrill, what's funny? This is a human life we're talking about here and you are laughing. If you don't have anything useful to post, please don't post, this could have been you or someone close to you.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Tinksh(f): 3:36am On Nov 15, 2010
Could also be a scam, had plenty of those tried but never worked. Im too smart for that!!
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by omega25red(m): 3:51am On Nov 15, 2010
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  grin grin grin a person who has brain damage will not be given 4 weeks to live because you are already gone. the brain controls all the functions of your body if damaged up to the extent of 4 weeks to live then you are already in a vegetative state. poster come up wwith a better scam than this one

if your story is true may god help that person
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Nobody: 3:54am On Nov 15, 2010
floxyrangy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 15, 2010
Poster, have you forgotten that you're amongst Nigerians?

Try that in any Non-African or indian website. Goodluck getting caught.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Cosmass(f): 4:59am On Nov 15, 2010
LMAO cheesy Nigerians are clowns. U guys are funny! cheesy
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by floxyrangy: 6:12am On Nov 15, 2010
Well, there's no way it could be a scam since The Nation published it. They must have carried out checks before putting it up. Like you said, it could be a scam, but what if it's genuine? Well, I'll do my bit, I just pray none of you finds himself/herself in this situation cos as you've also laughed over it and called it a scam, it's the same way someone'll laugh and wave you off.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Akinagirl(f): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2010
Ok post the newspaper you say you saw that at or the link. Some sort of reference. But sounds like a scam to me!
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by kay177(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2010
Nigerians are too wise because of adequaTE KNOWLEDGE of events, they hardly fall for cheap scam, grin
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by playette4u: 8:52am On Nov 15, 2010
cool  cool I have got brain damage too ,my bank account is Lloyds Tsb 12345678 and sort code 003456.I have 24 hours to live,   tongue
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Phate07(m): 8:56am On Nov 15, 2010
Is there a Scam Section?

Mod pls move it to that section. undecided angry
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by playette4u: 9:02am On Nov 15, 2010
Phate07:

Is there a Scam Section?

Mod pls move it to that section. undecided angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by patwhizkid(f): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2010
Hi floxxy, i've deposited the sum of 10 milion naira into yur account this morning. . .plz manage it, am sorry. 'll pay in another 20 million naira before Dec. 12. . .enjoy!
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by r231(m): 9:48am On Nov 15, 2010
patwhizkid:

Hi floxxy, i've deposited the sum of 10 milion naira into yur account this morning. . .plz manage it, am sorry. 'll pay in another 20 million naira before Dec. 12. . .enjoy!

hahahahahahaha

i want some money too

playette4u:

cool  cool I have got brain damage too ,my bank account is Lloyds Tsb 12345678 and sort code 003456.I have 24 hours to live,   tongue 

chk you acct grin grin

i made a deposit tody
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by mykali(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2010
I can't believe i'm seeing this.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by femmy2010(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2010
A daily like the NATION wouldnt post such if it had not made findings on the genuiness of the need in view.
Money is hard to come by but if we have an helping heart and have the means to help we can always call the Nation and verify that claim.
A gift is given and we know in our heart that we gave it in gud faith and if it is a scam then it is left for the person and his/her God.
N500 or N1000 is not too much too risk on doing a great good.
May God not make us face desperate times(Amen).
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Ugmama(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2010
How can i meet dis gurl and see 4 myself
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by floxyrangy: 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2010
You can look her up on facebook. Her name is Adekeye Rahmat. I don't know her personally, I just thought I could do something, no matter how small to help.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by chic2pimp(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2010
^^^^^^^ Dude post the Link and let us see it with our 2 kro kro eyes jor. The saying Seeing Is Believing rings true in this case.

playette4u:

cool cool I have got brain damage too ,my bank account is Lloyds Tsb 12345678 and sort code 003456.I have 24 hours to live, tongue
patwhizkid:

Hi Playette4u, i've deposited the sum of 10 milion naira into yur account this morning. . .plz manage it, am sorry. 'll pay in another 20 million naira in the next 24 hours . . .enjoy!
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by uche13: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
Please things havent gotten so bad in Nigeria that we should believe that every cry for help is a scam. There are some posts directly referring to the poster which i find very disturbing. Firstly, i say this because i also read the same story on the paper and the poster actually mentioned that the story can be verified by simply checking the nation newspaper which we know will not publish unverified stories. Its possible that no link was provided because the poster does not know how to do so. If we have to give fine and if we do not have lets not discourage others with a willing heart.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by chic2pimp(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
^^^^ Stop ranting and post the link jor.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by spikedcylinder: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2010
"WITHIN the past one week, I have received over 100 text messages and over 200 calls from sympathisers. I have been overwhelmed with various suggestions, including funny ones. Not a few suggested spiritual solution; some even asked me to visit Sat Guru Mahara-ji. But the fact remains that I need medical attention. The past week was like a decade in hell as my pains worsened. I just hope I will live to tell my full story.”

These were the words of anguish from the tortured heart of 29-year-old Rahmat Adekeye on Saturday. She is the Okuku, Osun State-born lady whose pathetic story was published on Page 60 of The Nation last Saturday.

For four years now, the helpless lady has been pushed to death’s door by a deadly ailment known as congenital malformation of the brain otherwise known as Arnold-Chiari Malformation Type 1.

Besides spending grueling times in acute pains at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan and the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) where she had countless Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests/scans, the motherless holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) had undergone three major brain surgeries within four years.

Two months ago, when her plight exacerbated as she was inching towards the verge of death, her scary medical status caught the attention of experts in a German hospital, who, after a critical appraisal of her situation, said that she must do a comprehensive surgery that would get to the root of her problem within 10 weeks!

However, it won’t be for free. Judging by the estimated bills sent down from the German infirmary, the helpless girl must cough up N10 million covering medical expenses, drugs and transport to the hospital.

Last week, when, by medical calculations, it remained five weeks ‘for her to live,’ Rahmat made a passionate appeal to Governors Olagunsoye Oyinlola of her home state and Babatunde Fashola of Lagos, including other Nigerians blessed with the milk of human kindness to help her to live. “This is too much for me; I don’t want to die,” she had pleaded.

For possible assistance from Nigerians, The Nation had published her phone number, 07088975917 with bank account details thus: Account Name; Adekeye I. Rahmat and Oceanic Bank account number, 2200001011403.

As she was crying yesterday while alerting the reporter that time was running out on her as she had only four weeks left to do the surgery, she showered fervent prayers on Nigerians who had responded so far.

“So far, a little above N700,000 is in my bank account, but I’m sure that none of those kind-hearted Nigerians who have so far responded to my plight will suffer in life. Besides their prayers, they have donated sums ranging from N50 to N500,000, which was paid into my account on Friday by one Mr. Baba. Most of them don’t want me to mention their names, but God knows them and will reward them. Nigerians must know that my condition is redeemable if I have access to appropriate medication,” she sobbed, adding: “Many have called to make pledges and I pray God to let them redeem them.”

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/thumbnail.php?file=ADEKEYE_R._986377844.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/18846.html
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by floxyrangy: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2010
Thanks Spikey, I browse from my phone so I couldn't copy and paste. Thanks.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by sexxxxy(f): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2010
so sad,

PPL laughing ,are u not going to say anything now? embarassed

anyway,its not to late,we can all still do our parts

Can the moderators put this on the home page
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2010
oh wow this story is real shocked shocked shocked shocked damn I feel so ashamed of even laughing. I agree with sexy moderator,
put this on the front page.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Tunsbobo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2010
Mtchewwww, i'm sure this is a scam!
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Tinksh(f): 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2010
Its sad but in reality it happens everywhere in every family. Sorry but i am supporting those close to me. Cant help everyone but as long as we are helping someone.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by Nektar(f): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2010
playette4u:

just look at the kind of statement u made and u thot its just a casual talk wtout thinking abt the consequence,its beta u change that because sickness is nt what u shuld be playing like that.dnt pray for that or anyoda to come your way bcus u re a multi billionaire for just bn healthy.
Re: A Cry For Help; 4 Weeks To Live by dominique(f): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2010
you people that ridiculed the poster ought to be ashamed of yourselves. its absolutely normal to have doubts,  thats why we have google is at our fingertips. the poster's claim is very verifiable after-all she didn't say it was for her personal use. i'll stick this topic for the next couple of weeks. hopefully, well meaning nairalanders can come to her aid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sleeping Near A Cell Phone: What You Need To Know / How To Take Care Of Your Face / What Is Mouthwash? The Best Mouthwash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.