Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,982 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. (11069 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / UK Launches Campaign Urging Illegal Immigrants Go Home / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Clemzy16(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
I know alot of Nigerians are going to be deported. BTW, i wonder what Nigerians are still looking for in the U.K?!
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by stupor(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
cheddarking: CAPITA again?

Is the CEO of Capita shagging the Queen?

How do thay get all the public works government contracts?

Haba ! Too harsh !
Can you be sleeping with a grandmother.
Lewd !
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Pataki: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
So much with the UK. undecided

There we go now.......bounty hunters for illegal immigrants? UK has finally lost it. I can't be bothered anyways........
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by dotcomnamename: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
worry 359: [size=14pt]Capita gets contract to find 174,000 illegal immigrants[/size]
Services company Capita has won a government contract to help find and remove more than 150,000 migrants who have overstayed their visas, it has been revealed.

The payment-by-results deal is worth up to £40m, chief executive of the UK Border Agency Rob Whiteman told MPs.

He was unable to tell MPs what target the company had been set for removals.

The 174,000 have been denied permission to stay in the UK but have gone missing.

DON'T MIND THIS PEOPLE JOR, THE SAME UKBA WILL START ISSUING PAPERS SOON

MPs say the UK Border Agency's attempts to clear a massive backlog of cases could become an amnesty for immigrants with no right to be in the UK.

Keith Vaz, who chairs the Home Affairs Committee, said the backlog was almost equivalent to Iceland's population and spiralling out of control.

Immigration Minister Mark Harper said the UKBA was taking "robust action".

The MPs also criticised the way the agency had dealt with mentally ill immigrants facing removal.

In its latest regular report on the workings of the agency, the committee said the total of all the separate backlogs of cases across the immigration system stood at more than 302,000 at the end of June. That was up 25,000 over three months.

Some 174,000 of the cases were in what is known as the "migration refusal pool". These are people who are recorded as having no permission to be in the UK, but officials do not know if they have left or have stayed without authorisation - or have perhaps been accepted lawfully after a separate application.

The pool, set up in 2008, came to light only earlier this year when it was discovered by the chief inspector of immigration, John Vine.

As of August, a further 95,000 cases were in what the agency calls "controlled archives" - piles of unresolved applications made by individuals with whom officials are no longer in touch.

The UKBA has pledged to close the controlled archives by the end of 2012 - but MPs said they were not convinced final checks on each case could be done to an acceptable standard, given that only 149 staff were dealing with them.

"We are concerned that the closure of the controlled archives may result in a significant number of people being granted effective amnesty in the United Kingdom, irrespective of the merits of their case," said the MPs.

"Preparations should be made for the event that a number of people whose applications are closed may subsequently be discovered to be in the country. We expect to hear from the agency what the consequence of this would be both for the individual concerned and for the taxpayer. We are particularly interested to find out whether any such individuals would be offered an amnesty."

'Robust approach'

Keith Vaz said: "Entering the world of the UKBA is like falling through the looking glass. The closer we look, the more backlogs we find, their existence obscured by opaque names such as the 'migration refusal pool' and the 'controlled archive'.

Every day it gets harder to live illegally in the UK - we are tracking people down and taking action against them”

"UKBA must adopt a transparent and robust approach to tackling this problem instead of creating new ways of camouflaging backlogs."

But Immigration Minister Mark Harper said: "This report raises some legitimate concerns but we are taking robust action and it is working.

"Every day it gets harder to live illegally in the UK - we are tracking people down and taking action against them. We are restricting access to benefits, free healthcare and financial products, and businesses can be fined up to £10,000 for every illegal worker they employ.

"We are winning more deportation cases in the courts, exceeding visa processing targets and have introduced interviews to test whether foreign students are genuine - all of which are praised in this report."

The MPs also said they were concerned that since 2011 the UK Border Agency had lost four court cases in which judges said immigration detainees with mental health problems had been falsely imprisoned and subject to inhuman or degrading treatment.

"We are concerned that the cases... may not be isolated incidents but may reflect more systemic failures in relation to the treatment of mentally ill immigration detainees," said the MPs

http://www.manchesterwired.co.uk/news.php/1462923-Border-Agency-may-hand-amnesty-to-migrants-MPs-warn
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
Some people wey dey form for that shiite of a place go clear eyes now. I bet some are already looking for cave to hide instead of swallowing their prides and egos and relocate home to Lasgidi. I did my studies in uk and after graduation I didn't bother to stay behind and waste my life like some senseless folks are doing. Their is no place like naija. In the states I still think of settling down in naija, though usa is far better than that shiite of a place called uk. Guys, pack your things and face naija. No shame, you don try...

1 Like

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
ballabriggs: Oya Shymexx, back to naija...

lol

Bros, I beg why Shymexx of all Nlanders?
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by ballabriggs: 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
Burger01:

Bros, I beg why Shymexx of all Nlanders?

Naaaahh, just having a laugh.

No pun intended.
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
ballabriggs:

Naaaahh, just having a laugh.

No pun intended.

OK. Though, I knew years ago that the british govt would make a move like this. Uk is just too small and not diversify enough to cope with high influx of immigrants of this magnitude. Well, I wish our brothers and sisters well....
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
Burger01: Some people wey dey form for that shiite of a place go clear eyes now. I bet some are already looking for cave to hide instead of swallowing their prides and egos and relocate home to Lasgidi. I did my studies in uk and after graduation I didn't bother to stay behind and waste my life like some senseless folks are doing. Their is no place like naija. In the states I still think of settling down in naija, though usa is far better than that shiite of a place called uk. Guys, pack your things and face naija. No shame, you don try...
as soon as that lagos tube station project finishes you will see 10 million naijas will fall in asap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTuzWRaprxk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2NWnhnAt8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb-K8xg28Ek&feature=relmfu
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by controlseven: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
They better start coming back quickly b4 relief materials for flood victims get exhausted!
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Richtronix(m): 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
Burger01: Some people wey dey form for that shiite of a place go clear eyes now. I bet some are already looking for cave to hide instead of swallowing their prides and egos and relocate home to Lasgidi. I did my studies in uk and after graduation I didn't bother to stay behind and waste my life like some senseless folks are doing. Their is no place like naija. In the states I still think of settling down in naija, though usa is far better than that shiite of a place called uk. Guys, pack your things and face naija. No shame, you don try...

Hello Burger,

Everywhere has its advantages and disadvantages, I was born here in the UK yet went to secondary school (Baptist Academy) and university (UNILAG) yet I have chosen to live in the UK, despite the fact I own a house in Lagos and return every Xmas. While I feel sorry for the plight of illegal immigrants and their daily struggle, I'm enjoying everything this country (UK) has to offer and when I'm good and ready to return to Nigeria (possibly when there is decent governance or a better quality of life) I shall return permanently.

Until then I will continue to enjoy the best of both worlds without slagging off one end just to prove a point.

I'll leave that for unsuccessful and non enterprising haters. wink

5 Likes

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
obadiah777: as soon as that lagos tube station project finishes you will see 10 million naijas will fall in asap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTuzWRaprxk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2NWnhnAt8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb-K8xg28Ek&feature=relmfu

Abi o. Hope dey for naija..

1 Like

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
Richtronix:

Hello Burger,

Everywhere has its advantages and disadvantages, I was born here in the UK yet went to secondary school (Baptist Academy) and university (UNILAG) yet I have chosen to live in the UK, despite the fact I own a house in Lagos and return every Xmas. While I feel sorry for the plight of illegal immigrants and their daily struggle, I'm enjoying everything this country (UK) has to offer and when I'm good and ready to return to Nigeria (possibly when there is decent governance or a better quality of life) I shall return permanently.

Until then I will continue to enjoy the best of both worlds without slagging off one end just to prove a point.

I'll leave that for unsuccessful and non enterprising haters. wink

Bros, I understand your point. Yours is different. You, like some of my pals, were born in UK, still u had your elementary studies in naija and eventually decided to stay in uk due to your status. I probably would do same as you did. Its nice and better that way since you won't have issues with home office. I only encourage undocumented nigerians in uk not to make staying in uk a do or die affair. I get your points bro..
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Smooyis(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Well we should stop blaming the British for being wicked. They are just trying to protect their citizens in view of global economic depression. Howeva, we should appeal to them to temper justice with mercy. Any law dat does not have a human face cannot serve d intended purpose. Once these illegal immigrants have stayed up to 3years without violating any rule or engaging in any criminal activities they should be considered for a stay. Deporting them wil multiply their woes and those of their families back home especially those of African descents. Afterall they also add some value to their economy as well. Capital aids which they give to African countries should be cut to accomodate these category of immigrants. Afterall much of it is embezzled by our leaders back home. I know the British are a crop of civilized and hospitable people who will not derive pleasures in worsening the conditions of these immigrants.
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
BUTONEDAY: The brits should learn from their friend US who accommodates many on a yearly basis through the visa lottery scheme.

I can't believe you just said that! Does britan have even one 5th of the land mass the USA has? Do they run the same type of economy??

1 Like

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by samfibby(m): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
The nothing good thing that has come out of the brits over a century existence is the english premier league. Fuc...king country nothing good to offer de human race.Nigerians, i think its about time u start packing out dat rat hole filled gay oriented men. I 'm so angry. angry
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by mastersr95(m): 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2012

Word!!!
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by tunnytox(m): 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2012

Good for you but the fact that you relocate back to Naija and becomes successful doesn't mean 'there's no place like Naija'. if it works for you fine but that doesn't mean it's going to work for others, many who stay behind are also doing well.

1 Like

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
tunnytox:

Good for you but the fact that you relocate back to Naija and becomes successful doesn't mean 'there's no place like Naija'. if it works for you fine but that doesn't mean it's going to work for others, many who stay behind are also doing well.

You are right bros. The point I am trying to make is that is it worth my peace of mind and freedom in every sense of it to stay illegally behind in uk?. Is it worth it for any reason at all to be undocumented in a foreign place like UK knowing fully well the risk of such adventure?
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by dotcomnamename: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
tunnytox:

KORRECT
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Ignatio(m): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
Our government need to emulate this from the Brits. A lot of youths are unemployed and it won't be a bad idea to use them fish out and deport the illegal immigrants( Chinese, Niger, Chadeans, Indians etc) in Nigeria.
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Gombs(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
shol: 3rd τ̅☺ post, watch this space can be first 2mao.Praaaaa!!!! + *UK* leave this pipu alone because the earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof meaning Ti Oluwa ni ile ati ekun re aiye ati gbogbo awon τ̅☺ tedo sinu re.

Rubbishh!...u r 3rd to post n so?...the earth's the Lord's shey?...wen cameroon come claim Bakassi, u didn't come here and support them n tel bakassi peeps, The Earth's the Lord's...all those Niger,Chad etc peeps in 9ja shd stay too because the Earth's the Lord's...wait first,did u miss ǖя̩̥̊ medication?
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by TableLeg(m): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
Fish them all out and fling them back to their home countries ...
We na want illegals .... Rasclaarts! undecided
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by 360command: 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2012

I believe you must be living under the care of somebody back in 9ja which I believe on why you write this way.
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by nairaman66(m): 3:16am On Nov 10, 2012
(Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K.)

All of them go be 9ja.. This na war against 9ja in the UK... Na wah oo!!
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by zubbainno123: 4:40am On Nov 10, 2012
Ok Ω̴̩̩̩̥α!
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Ticklishmummy(f): 5:39am On Nov 10, 2012
Well,well,well another white elephant project waiting to gulp the tax payers money! Bounty hunters to track down immigrants,means more jobs,now who are those that will be employed? The very people the project is intended to track down.At the end of the day only a few scape goats will be caught cos a large proportion will be employed already to do the job.It will then be a classic case of it takes a thief to catch a thief,what a joke!
Already,loads of these people they intend to track down have found alternative means around it cos they have to earn a living. The ideal thing would have been to grant long standing illegal immigrants a status,many have established a family life here,become parents of children born in the UK and until recently article 8(Human rights treaty or whatever its called) seemed to do the trick for many illegal immigrants,all they had to do was apply for leave to remain on a discretionary basis.Now there's been debates to stop the use of article 8,not sure what the outcome of this is but the question is why remove people from the country when the borders are not even strengthened enough? Loads of Asian and East European Nationals cross the border on a daily basis!(Thanks to UK border force on TV)

Oyinbo no dey work oooo,only to collect benefit and do reality shows na wetin them sabi be dat.Even to go school na herculean task for most of them.They want to be celebrities over night.So if they planning to remove people,they they should also have a plan in place to force all those benefit recipients to work cos this economy thrives on the immigrant workforce and whether they choose to realise and acknowledge this is a story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by jovi: 6:08am On Nov 10, 2012
well, its crazy and at the same time its quite sad...
The British have rights to go anywhere...its funny, but the ones that are abroad especially in Asian/middle East countries, do not ever want to go back to Britain! They are free to do as they please, get presidential treatment especially with jobs asking for western applicants many times..

But rewind...and they fume when people want to come into their country..perhaps if they had laid better legacies for the countries they plundered to build up theirs they wouldn't be in this immigration mess now!

But on another level, i do blame our GOVERNMENT!!(African in General) Who really wants to live abroad? in a cold climate? My prayer is that at a certain age I am back to Nigeria, with its good weather..family life e.t.c...

How can someone be in control of resources and instead of fixing your country, your thoughts are based on which country you can buy houses in?

In Dubai, the sheik drives himself around...no escorts..no nothing...He goes into restaurants that you and I can enter....again...no one trailing behind him...I can imagine he feels s proud looking around at the way his country has grown ...

Its a sad case. I love Nigeria, i would never want to live past 50 years abroad. 9 (do you see how old people are treated abroad?, in UK, they often get mugged!) and pray that God will send God fearing leaders that will indeed make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Burger01(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
360command:

I believe you must be living under the care of somebody back in 9ja which I believe on why you write this way.
Negative bro. In care of somebody at my age and exposure! I doubt that. But, why can't we call a spade exactly what it is.. A spade?. Well, naija go sweet for December. Cheers..
Re: Bounty Hunters For Illegal Immigrants In U.K. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2012

You obviously don't know what you're saying if you think US is better than UK. I live in the UK and would rather live in Nigeria than live in the US having seen all 3 countries. With your low wages yuck!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LRU Commissions A Brand New Super Metro Multipurpose Equipment (photos) / How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada / Pictures Of The Real Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.