Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning (29079 Views)

Tied Of Calling 180 You Can Reach Mtn Customer Care Via Whatsapp / MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / MTN Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by fitzmayowa: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2012
puffpuff: Hello mr etiqutte,Save yourself those sermons.Check d thread from page 1 to see QA previously mentioned by others. As for my centre,u can make it your job to dig it out. Abeg let me pass.
Could you please state out where some1 mentioned QA apart from you i guess you are one of the new guys in ilorin or lekki, i would suggest you watch what you bring here.
You have been warned.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by mavinc4u(f): 11:53am On Nov 10, 2012
Joe980: Seems some of us don't really dig what is wrong. I once called MTN CC to inform them we need 3G signal around my axis...to my dismay, the lady told me nothing like 3G that she has never heard that. She told me what should appear is edge. I ended the call immediately, called back and reported to the next guy that picked. He apologized, laughed and told me she must be a new member of staff.

yes,most of them are not I.T professional but the guy shouldn't have laughed and addressed the lady as a new staff, that was wrong. He should have apologized to you and also defended the staff by saying may be there was a miss up in the question
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by mavinc4u(f): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
puffpuff: Just thank your star that I wasn't d CCR,I would have inform QA that u are becoming abusive,hence my need to end the call.Then,I will do you a big favour by 'exempting' you from using 180 for some hours,if not all through the day. That will calm and humble your burning nerves
CCRs are human beings like you. They deserve being properly treated and addressed.
#my attitude depends on how you treat me#

what exactly are you talking about? Are you a customer care represenatative or rather a call center agent? I would really be disappointed if you are one or were one, as far as i know,op was not rude to the agent but was a concerned customer that needs explanation on what happened to the air time on his phone then on the other part the agent was rude on her replies;firstly by replying a pidgin speaking customer with English- does she understand that your customer is your boss and you should come down to their level and why on earth would she be laughing at a customer,even if what the customer is saying sounds funny,you just have to be professinal and endure till you are done with the customer. Have you tried calling a professional body outside Nigeria and have a feel of what customer agents should be.as an agent,is wrong to hang up on customers cos it speaks volume of the organization.no customer is rude but you can use the word irate customer,always put yourself in customer's shoes then you would understand that the cusotmer is not happy about what is happening.

2 Likes

Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by puffpuff: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
fitzmayowa:
Could you please state out where some1 mentioned QA apart from you i guess you are one of the new guys in ilorin or lekki, i would suggest you watch what you bring here.
You have been warned.
Could u tell me if QA is not d same as quality control as indicated by EXPONENTIAL on page one? As for me being a new guy in ilorin,i could only laugh.But before u kill yourself over what is not,I'm formerly of MEMCOS/APAPA(2009-2011)now of a federal agency@d centre of unity.
Thank u for updating me on the new call centre in ilorin.
Meanwhlie,i threw caution 2d wind cos I'm no longer binded by your professional brouhaha.
Hope this will calm your tempered nerves,MR MTN,MR WARNER,MR ETIQUETTE,MR TEACHER,MR whatever?
#catch me if u can#
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by mavinc4u(f): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
puffpuff: Just thank your star that I wasn't d CCR,I would have inform QA that u are becoming abusive,hence my need to end the call.Then,I will do you a big favour by 'exempting' you from using 180 for some hours,if not all through the day. That will calm and humble your burning nerves
CCRs are human beings like you. They deserve being properly treated and addressed.

what exactly are you talking about? Are you a customer care represenatative or rather a call center agent? I would really be disappointed if you are one or were one, as far as i know,op was not rude to the agent but was a concerned customer that needs explanation on what happened to the air time on his phone then on the other part the agent was rude on her relies;firstly by replying a pidgin speaking customer with English- does she understand that your customer is your boss and you should come down to their and why on earth would she be laughing at a customer,even if what the customer is saying sounds funny,you just have to be professinal and endure till you are done with the customer. Have you tried calling a professional body outside Nigeria and have a feel of what customer agents should be.as an agent,is wrong to hang up on customers cos it speaks volume of the organization.no customer is rude but you can use the word irate customer,always put yourself in customer's shoes then you would understand that the cusotmer is not happy about what is happening.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by Joe980: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
He apologized, there was no way he could cover up for her because I told to him the lady wasn't ready to learn when I tried explaining what 3G is...and that was why I ended the call.
mavinc4u:

yes,most of them are not I.T professional but the guy shouldn't have laughed and addressed the lady as a new staff, that was wrong. He should have apologized to you and also defended the staff by saying may be there was a miss up in the question
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by luluosas(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
puffpuff: Spy? Very funny of u. Spy don't comment but read and feed his lords back. I'm unrepentant fan of nairaland
Thank God for that. I was thinking you are MTN spy due to the tone of your comment.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by mavinc4u(f): 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2012

what exactly are you talking about? Are you a customer care represenatative or rather a call center agent? I would really be disappointed if you are one or were one, as far as i know,op was not rude to the agent but was a concerned customer that needs explanation on what happened to the air time on his phone then on the other part the agent was rude on her relies;firstly by replying a pidgin speaking customer with English- does she understand that your customer is your boss and you should come down to their and why on earth would she be laughing at a customer,even if what the customer is saying sounds funny,you just have to be professinal and endure till you are done with the customer. Have you tried calling a professional body outside Nigeria and have a feel of what customer agents should be.as an agent,is wrong to hang up on customers cos it speaks volume of the organization.no customer is rude but you can use the word irate customer,always put yourself in customer's shoes then you would understand that the cusotmer is not happy about what is happening.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by puffpuff: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
luluosas:
Thank God for that. I was thinking you are MTN spy due to the tone of your comment.
I was moved by how d guy was responding 2d CCR's questions. We are all human with blood flowing in our veins.
Enjoy your weekend
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by mavinc4u(f): 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2012

what exactly are you talking about? Are you a customer care represenatative or rather a call center agent? I would really be disappointed if you are one or were one, as far as i know,op was not rude to the agent but was a concerned customer that needs explanation on what happened to the air time on his phone then on the other part the agent was rude on her replies;firstly by replying a pidgin speaking customer with English- does she understand that your customer is your boss and you should come down to their level and why on earth would she be laughing at a customer,even if what the customer is saying sounds funny,you just have to be professinal and endure till you are done with the customer. Have you tried calling a professional body outside Nigeria and have a feel of what customer agents should be.as an agent,is wrong to hang up on customers cos it speaks volume of the organization.no customer is rude but you can use the word irate customer,always put yourself in customer's shoes then you would understand that the cusotmer is not happy about what is happening.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by luluosas(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
puffpuff:
I was moved by how d guy was responding 2d CCR's questions. We are all human with blood flowing in our veins.
Enjoy your weekend
Thank you. My weekend is slow as Glo is slowing my browsing using my LG GX500 phone as a modem.
Hope your end is Ok.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by puffpuff: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
luluosas:
Thank you. My weekend is slow as Glo is slowing my browsing using my LG GX500 phone as a modem.
Hope your end is Ok.
I'm so sorry about d inconvenience you are experiencing. Why not try other networks? U could got a bail out.
Yeah,I'm ok. Thanks
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by luluosas(m): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
puffpuff:
I'm so sorry about d inconvenience you are experiencing. Why not try other networks? U could got a bail out.
Yeah,I'm ok. Thanks
Sure, there would have been a bail out especially with Airtel but you see, I only recharge my Glo line as I am 'always' comfortable with their service. It's just that the network is extremely slow right now. Besides, I just subscribed to Always Micro this evening.
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by chakaz(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2012
The OP encountered that problems/response from the CCR because she do not know her job as a customer care agent. That is what you see when an organisation is not consistent in what they do. Their customer care reps is nothing one should rely on because most of them do not last long on the job to master it. What the contractor incharge of the centerz does is 'sack and recruit' anytime. When one can hardly spend one year on the job b4 he or she is send packing and a new person takes over. Very few of them knows what they need to do to solve your problems when you call.

3 Likes

Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by zada(m): 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
@ all, it is a welcome response to everyone of us dat has contributed to this thread. Really, #34 is a large amount considering wat it can do for its owner in times of need. Like one person said the customer care agent is monitored on all calls by a QA officer (quality assurance) so I believe if the affected person calls 180 to register his displeasure hw he was handled. Something will surely be done to dat CCA. Every CCA has been trained to handle every caller be it passive,assertive or Aggressive customer. You must show empathy and can do attitude towards ur customer, so no matter hw aggressive a customer gets it is the CCA's duty to calm the customer and provide solutions.

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by ajibaye2: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
hello , please next time you're cooking a joke please kindly do proper consultation, justification or experiment before doing it, i stand to correct you that all you said is not possible when you call MTN180 or any other Customer care unit. so kindly stop painiting green as red. thanks
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by physise(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
mc~evans:
It all started this morning when i woke up to check my MTN balance to find out that #32 naira has been deducted from my account. I called the MTN customer care helpline to know the reason why and this was what transpired between us.

Customer Care: Good Morning Sir! My name is Oyindamola. How may i help u?

Me: My Name is Alex calling from Lagos.

Customer Care: Okay Mr. Alex. Are you calling from your own MTN number?

Me: YES

Customer Care: OK. How may i help u?

Me: For the fact that i haven't called anyone on my cellphone does not give MTN the right to tamper with my airtime.

Customer Care: (She started laughing) Sir, can you please repeat yourself again?

Me: (Angry) Dem tell you say i come here come play?

Customer Care: Okay sir! I remember now. You said MTN deducted your airtime right?

Me: Hot tea dey your mouth when i talk am before?

Customer Care: (she chuckles) Okay sir. What kind of phone are you using?

Me: Chinko dey subscribe to BIS services?

Customer Care: Okay sir. You are using a Blackberry right?

Me: Ask me again

Customer Care: Okay sir. Please hold for a moment while i check your number. (LAUGHING)

Customer Care: Sir! R u there? Hello?

Me: I no say una sabi lie. So tell me the lie. I dey hear you.

Her laughter became obvious and i could hear another lady asking her the reason why she was laughing.

Customer Care: Ok Sir. From my computer

Me: "Cuts In" I dey hear you

Customer Care: I see that your BIS subscription is still active but the reason why your airtime was deducted was because you are using MTN default wap settings. So, please follow these steps to change it.

Me: Abeg tell me another LIE.

Customer Care: Oga, abeg i no wan laugh. Thanks for choosing MTN

LWKMD O
Re: My Conversation With MTN Customer Care This Morning by earnest858: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Please deactivate me from mtn music plus (09036537539). In the name of God please do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria / Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.