Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A (685 Views)

Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S / Buhari Rejects US Gay Marriage. / Are Stun Guns Legal In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
Voters in Washington have approved gay marriage, joining Maine and Maryland as the first states to pass same-sex marriage through popular vote.
Six other states -- New York, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont -- and the District of Columbia already allow gay marriage. But Maryland, Maine and Washington are the first to enact it by public vote.

With huge financial supports from Microsoft CEO Bill Gates it raised $12 million for the support.
Gay couples in Washington could start picking up their marriage certificates and licenses from county auditor offices Dec. 6, a day after the election is certified.
The law doesn't require religious organizations or churches to perform marriages, and it doesn't subject churches to penalties if they don't marry gay or lesbian couples.

Washington's measure establishes a system of state-licensed marijuana growers, processors and stores, where adults can buy up to an ounce. It also establishes a standard blood test limit for driving under the influence.

"Marijuana policy reform remains an issue where the people lead and the politicians follow," said Ethan Nadelmann of the Drug Policy Alliance, which opposes the co-called "war on drugs." ''But Washington state shows that many politicians are beginning to catch up."

Estimates show pot taxes could bring in hundreds of millions of dollars a year, but the sales won't start until state officials make rules to govern the legal weed industry.

http://www.ngnewspapers.com/gay-marriage-news-usa-legalise-gay-marriage/#more-2344

Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by inspirenet: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
undecided
Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by felifeli: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
Stup. id country. Pot smoking a$$ fu.ckers. Definely going the way of Sodom and Gomorrah.
I am sticking to Nigeria thank you. Even though people do it it will not be epidemic.
Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by oluwatonyi: 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
4 sha not bad
Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Poster, since when did Washington become USA? I thought Washington is a State [b]in [/b]USA/America? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, since when did Washington become USA? I thought Washington is a State in America? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Washington na state in Naija, better still she's a country on her own.... How bout dat? cheesy
Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
emmysenior: Washington na state in Naija, better still she's a country on her own.... How bout dat? cheesy

Now you want to believe Washington is a State in Nigeria? Which kind people be this one ooo??

Back to my post, if Lagos makes a law to legalize gay marriage in Lagos, that to you means gay Marriage is legal in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided
Re: ELECTION HEAT: Gay Marriage And Marijuana Are Now Legal In U.S.A by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Now you want to believe Washington is a State in Nigeria? Which kind people be this one ooo??

Back to my post, if Lagos makes a law to legalize gay marriage in Lagos, that to you means gay Marriage is legal in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided
I pity your spouse, cos people lyk you who twist & bend people's talks to suit ur sadomasochistic way of livin can be dangerous to live with. Anyways, I aint goin to reply any further comment frm U, I gat stuvs 2 do. Mercí. N.B: Accordin to ur baseless example of Lagos, is Lagos not in Nigeria? Are Lagosians not Nigerians? What a f.uck is ur problem?

(1) (Reply)

The Foiled Nigerian Kidnap Plot / How Naval Helicopter Crashed - Villagers / TB Joshua’s ‘negative’ Predictions And Adeboye’s ‘non-existent’ Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.