Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! (5541 Views)

My Lexus RX 300 Is Consuming Lots Of Fuel, I Need Help,forum!!! / HELP: My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel. / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by omamokta: 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hi,my ride is a 406 (PRESTIGE), EW10 Engine, it has not given me any problem whatsever since i bought it. Inshort, with a three quater tank it takes me to the eastern part of the country from Abuja. Of late, i was moving when i heard a beep, it showed a warning on the dash board "ANTI POLLUTION FAULT, which disappeared till about last week when i wanted to travel, it started showing regularly, i went to my mechanic, he serviced the injector, changed the plugs, change oil and filter, timing belt and so on. It stopped for that day, as i was travelling, the check engine sign kept appearing and disappearing, inshort i bought two full tanks of fuel before getting to the east, when i came back to abuja, i went to my mechanic and we went to pit cos am suspecting the exhaust pipe might be leaking, we noticed one of the pots is leaking, which the panel beater fixed but to my suprise, the ANTI POLLUTION FAULT comes on every time my car is started and my fuel is going down fast. Two days ago, i went to a peugeot dealer, after diagonizing the car, they listed alot things to be changed, these are things i ve changed about a week before. From my observation, they are not competent cos i dont see what concerns gear box mounting with ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. Please nairalanders where do i take this my ride to in abuja and the problem will be solved asap. thanks.
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by omamokta: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
Is nobody @ home?
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by omamokta: 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
Is it not unfair that we have sienna and ikenna and co in d house and nobody responded to my post. Seun, hope u ve not turned nairaland to man know man?
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by Ikenna351(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Since you knew my name, it means you knew about Peugeot thread but chose to find a better solution elsewhere.

Peugeot issues are dealt with collectively in Peugeot thread, where other Lion owners also learn from. I donot know it all, if thats what you think. But if you had gone through Peugeot thread, you needed not to have started this thread, because the Anti-Polution issue has been treated severally there. There is nothing wrong in learning from other Lion owners aside Ikenna. And there is nothing wrong with others learning from your issue. Your issue is not a peculiar one.

If you need my attention on Peugeot matters, visit https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community.

You can repost your first post here there, if you want to.

Thats all i have for you here.

Ikenna.
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by intobrian: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
what is the best spark plug for my 406 please?
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
omamokta: Hi,my ride is a 406 (PRESTIGE), EW10 Engine, it has not given me any problem whatsever since i bought it. Inshort, with a three quater tank it takes me to the eastern part of the country from Abuja. Of late, i was moving when i heard a beep, it showed a warning on the dash board "ANTI POLLUTION FAULT, which disappeared till about last week when i wanted to travel, it started showing regularly, i went to my mechanic, he serviced the injector, changed the plugs, change oil and filter, timing belt and so on. It stopped for that day, as i was travelling, the check engine sign kept appearing and disappearing, inshort i bought two full tanks of fuel before getting to the east, when i came back to abuja, i went to my mechanic and we went to pit cos am suspecting the exhaust pipe might be leaking, we noticed one of the pots is leaking, which the panel beater fixed but to my suprise, the ANTI POLLUTION FAULT comes on every time my car is started and my fuel is going down fast. Two days ago, i went to a peugeot dealer, after diagonizing the car, they listed alot things to be changed, these are things i ve changed about a week before. From my observation, they are not competent cos i dont see what concerns gear box mounting with ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. Please nairalanders where do i take this my ride to in abuja and the problem will be solved asap. thanks.

you wasted your money

on servicing the injectors, timing belt, oil change and filter all that was needed was to scan the car a pulled a code

and that code was tell straight what needed changing

always get the manual of your car it always saves you lots an anti pollution fault does not need timing belt change,oil change etc
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by mayor2013: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
Scan that ride of yours. Call 08156087872 for the service
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
mayor2013: Scan that ride of yours. Call 08156087872 for the service

Guy ur back!!! Welcome back straight to business......... Meanwhile u just responded to a january post. U sholud check dates. Welcome back again.
Re: My 406 Is Consuming Too Much Fuel, HELP! by mayor2013: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2014
grin

(1) (Reply)

Report Your BMW To Mayor / Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 / Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.