Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 (5539 Views)

Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem / Advice On Mercedes C Class / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
Transmission problem on Mercedes R350
First of all I must applaud people like car-doctor, Ikenna351, Siena and others for making this forum what it is today. I must confess that you guys at this car talk are the best and one of the reasons I still visit NL. This is the only sector that you didn’t hear about all this tribal nonsense that has taken control of NL.
My brothers I had an issue and its bothering me because I am not in Nigeria right. I shipped one 2007 R 350 from California and it just cleared the customs on Friday. The car was in good sharp when I shipped it because I used it for some time in California before shipping it.
To my greatest surprise my brother called me and informed me that the car will engage in all the gears but will not move. It will rev but the car will not move. I am confused because I have no idea what can be the problem.
I have done some research online and some people will say it could be the conductor plate. Some said it’s the Valve body, TCM and all sort of things. Some professional suggested I check for blown fuss and service the transmission oil some suggested flashing the ECU. From what I gathered online, its seems it’s a common issue with 722.9 transmission on Mercedes because a lot C, M, R and GL brands are all having one transmission issue or the other,
My brothers I will need some input here because I need some good electrician that can handle 722.9 transmissions on Mercedes. I will love to hear if anyone had experience this issue before. I want to know what I am dealing with because it’s all confusing to me.
Does anyone know someone with STAR diagnosis in Lagos as the car is still in Lagos?
Brothers your input is required because I want to cut cost to the minimal right now as I am still planning on come back on the 24th.
Thanks all for your help.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
Please I need some ideas and suggestion. The car gurus please help. Even recommendation to anyone that can fix it is highly appreciated.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
Where ever that car is located, pls DON'T LET our mechanics clowns in greasy overalls touch that car. Take it to a competent garage for scanning and fixing. Its not a common purewater car you see every 5 minutes when standing on a street.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
Please I need help locating some good garage as my senior brother that went to Lagos to get the car does not know Lagos well and I am not around. I need it checked and fixed but I need good information on good places to take it to by Monday. Please ikenna I see you are viewing this topic I need your input please. I can see you are in Abuja but you may as well know some good garage to recommend. I really need your input on this on.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by sultaan(m): 1:39am On Dec 01, 2013
First question you need to ask is if they let a mechanic. Work on it, if nobody has touched it then you need to ask who drove it and what happened.

Just in case they bumped the oil pan and the fluid leaked, a 2007 is still very young.

I'm sure your brother is very familiar with driving auto, I just need to make sure he is not throwing the gear to the manual shift position or forgot to take off the electronic hand/leg brake bleeping a car up in naija in a week is not impossible if you don't know what you are doing.

By the way what is the color of the transmission fluid?
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by cardoctor(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2013
Your car problem could be one of many reasons and I can't speculate on what's not so clear. You need an experienced mechanic and auto electrician to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Unfortunately we are based in Abuja and can't help you much but you can try Ben on 08033044026. I'm sure he would be able to help you out.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2013
thanks Car doctor I will call him today or first thing on Monday.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by mejai(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
My bro, pls take heart. Blame no one ryt now. Last year I had similar xperience with same model but 2006(year). Like play, d gear oil was changed and d filter yet no remedy. D tranXmsn ended up jammin. D car wouldn't move.
I can giv u dis no to call....08033729709. His name is IK, has a garage at surulere, b4 nysc office(off bode thomas).
NB: b4 I knew d guy above, my benz was fixed by m/benz place at lekki for same issue. Though dey condemnEd d gear box and a new one was both at a staggerin amount.
So u choose btw d guy(ik) or benz place. But avoid road side clowns. Goodluck.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by Trac: 10:21am On Dec 05, 2013
People should refrain from using numbers that they are unsure of. 7gtronic sounds better than the numbers erroneously stated. How does a coupled 906 to 967 sound? That is the actual description. 722.9 says nothing. I am aware of at least 4 variants of that specification.

So, expect confusion when dealing with internal numbers and sourcing the web. It is easier detailing R350 or R350 4Matic. No further explanation will be needed. Only one designation was mounted for that chassis (R350). Core information may never be on the web. People do not put information on the web. It's their source of daily-bread. So, you are urged (willfully or unwillfully) to stimulate the economy. The internet has swallowed many businesses and everyone has woken. You'll have to interact with people.

There are two possible factors. Multiband related: it's a worn clutch or brake or combination of both within the packs. Nevertheless, the transmission will have to be dissociated from the vehicle and disassembled. It's not a job that forgives the slightest clumsiness. Environment has to be clean while the overhaul is done. Choose your serviceman wisely.

mejai: My bro, pls take heart. Blame no one ryt now. Last year I had similar xperience with same model but 2006(year). Like play, d gear oil was changed and d filter yet no remedy. D tranXmsn ended up jammin. D car wouldn't move.
I can giv u dis no to call....08033729709. His name is IK, has a garage at surulere, b4 nysc office(off bode thomas).
NB: b4 I knew d guy above, my benz was fixed by m/benz place at lekki for same issue. Though dey condemnEd d gear box and a new one was both at a staggerin amount.
So u choose btw d guy(ik) or benz place. But avoid road side clowns. Goodluck.

It is great you promote these people. I do hope the original poster would take good caution and choose wisely.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by TheGrandMaster: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2013
My advise is to take it Benz place in Lekki, they will do a full diagnosis of the vehicle and give you an estimated bill. If you decide to go ahead you can make a down-payment and work begins and when it is finished you pay the balance but if you decide to take it away after they have diagnosed the vehicle you just need to pay a fee of N25k and you r free to take your vehicle away.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Thank you Car-doctor and mejai for all the support and interest. They have fixed the car by Ik as recommended by mejai. Ik is the best, he dictated and fixed the car in less than an hour. I will recommend him to anyone with such a car anytime.
The problem was that the suspension was too low to drive the car. I am happy right now. Thanks all nairalander as you people have treated me like a family. I thank all that contributed with advice.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by sultaan(m): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
You need to really explain how a "low suspension" prevents a car from driving, I don't get it.
urchmanx: Thank you Car-doctor and mejai for all the support and interest. They have fixed the car by Ik as recommended by mejai. Ik is the best, he dictated and fixed the car in less than an hour. I will recommend him to anyone with such a car anytime.
The problem was that the suspension was too low to drive the car. I am happy right now. Thanks all nairalander as you people have treated me like a family. I thank all that contributed with advice.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
To answer you question. The air bag suspension sensor is faulty and when you engage the car in gear it will not left it up to engage driving. After changing the unite the car was able to left up and drive.
I was surprise what little failure can cause in our modern day cars. I was also surprised because the car is in no way Airmatic but regular suspesion. I never knew the still have air bags on them.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by sultaan(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
So there would have been a warning on the dash that was not included in you description as in Range Rover
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by mejai(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
urchmanx: To answer you question. The air bag suspension sensor is faulty and when you engage the car in gear it will not left it up to engage driving. After changing the unite the car was able to left up and drive.
I was surprise what little failure can cause in our modern day cars. I was also surprised because the car is in no way Airmatic but regular suspesion. I never knew the still have air bags on them.
Tanx bro, wat r brodas in NL for! Enjoy d ride. It's still d best among its class.
Meanwhile, make I call Ik to buy me one bottle of Hero. Peace.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by cardoctor(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
urchmanx: Thank you Car-doctor and mejai for all the support and interest. They have fixed the car by Ik as recommended by mejai. Ik is the best, he dictated and fixed the car in less than an hour. I will recommend him to anyone with such a car anytime.

That means that you had a suspension problem and not a transmission problem.

The TCM on your car is programmed to detect the ride height level of the car in order to avoid damaging the gearbox, axle or engine components that are underneath the vehicle. If the vehicle is too low, it will disengage the drive and display a warning on the dash to visit the workshop. You should have observed these.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Transmission Problem On Mercedes R350 by urchmanx(m): 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
I agree with you Car-doctor. The issue was that i was not around as at the time all this is happening. And my brother who happened to talk control of the car in the wharf couldn't understand the situation. The messed up with the car and get it into alots of problems. Ended up breaking the gas tank while trying to tow the vehicle.
But all the same I am happy because its all over.

(1) (Reply)

Whose Duty Is It To Check Vehicle Papers??? / Engine Oil For Servicing Toyota Matrix / FRSC Tasks Motorists On Proper Vehicle Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.