Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams (12088 Views)

Finally Jamb Release Results Of 12th March 2015 / JAMB to release results with no biometric verification nxt wk Thursday.mayorall / University Of Ibadan Release Results For Post-utme Screening Excercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by WizPrince1(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2012
OkwaIfugo: How have jamb gone with sentisitisation of candidates to get them ready for the CBT of 2013?
For me Nigeria is not even ready in 2015 for the CBT.

How many of jamb officials is computer literate?

How many of those computer they will bring to the exam hall will still function on that day?

How will they provide security nationwide for the computers?

How will the computers withstand hot sun and also virus from fingers and classroom atmospheres of Nigeria?

How are we sure in the process of taking the exams one computer will not break down and what's the faith of the student that might encounter this.

Jamb for me to believe you guys are ready for CBT in 2015 email me and clarify the above.

Ndewonuooo.
You've Said It All...
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by pastie(m): 9:53am On Nov 10, 2012
30 minute after Exam??

This prof must be joking,cuz if it happen that i failed, deffinately i will go with 1 lappy in place of my reg fee plus the wasted 1 year.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by sauceEEP(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2012
a1solution: Jamb is moving forward Like Gov Fashola of Lagos state which is always ahead of others. Assuming we have people in federal govt thinking forward like this, Nigeria would have been ahead of other African countries. I love positive changes like this. I believe one day American citizens would beging to come to Nigeria for schooling. If you believe me press like button.
yes we can!!! Unto obama levels nah? Where hate button make i click am...
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by sholasho(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2012
I just hope they test run properly first before setting it up for the students.
Cos we Nigerians we don't test run new things + how are they gonna get computers to serve the whole students.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2012
kodewrita: Most sensible way to implement this is to have designated computerised exam centers.

The computers only connect to download the exam to the machine, then they disconnect and run the exam on there.

Also the exams will not be done on a single day and will be done over 2 weeks or 3.

And once the exam is scored, it connects with the central server and reports the result, then prints out your paper results immediately.

each student takes his or her exam in an enclosure and cannot communicate with any one.

Feel free to bring in any books you like, you'll only lose time as the questions will keep coming at you and once your time's over, the computer cant be argued with, TIME UP IS TIME UP.

Great stuff. Hope it works and is not frustrated by the nigerian system. I also hope they implement it for Poly UME too.
Did You Just Say Poly UME...
I Guess You Just Came Into The Country From Kuala Lumpur..!!
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by kufzy: 10:10am On Nov 10, 2012
I would have like d plan cery well if dey consider d security of d student and staff working dat day
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2012
THIS IS A NICE DEVELOPMENT. BUT I SEE INCREASED MADNESS AND SUICIDES CASES grin. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by kodewrita(m): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2012
Harjibode:
Did You Just Say Poly UME...
I Guess You Just Came Into The Country From Kuala Lumpur..!!

Nope sir, i am an effing graduate. In my time (8yrs+ ago), we called it PolyJAMB. Dont know what you call it nowadays.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2012
kodewrita:

Nope sir, i am an effing graduate. In my time (8yrs+ ago), we called it PolyJAMB. Dont know what you call it nowadays.
Bro,
Don't Call Me ''Sir'' Am Just 20Y Dude,It's That JAMB Is Comprising All Admission Nowadays!!
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Johnnoah1st: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2012
Pls does it means dey we set different questions 4 defferent candidate
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by cecegorz(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2012
Well, this will be a good idea if JAMB won't make the mistake of cramming students into a computer lab same day for the exams.
Let them have a duration, say 6months between March and August yearly. Licence Prometric centres where you can walk in any day of your choice, write your exam (you can only write once a year) pick up your result and leave.
Then at the end of August, they'll publish the prospective successful list to all the Universities.

1 Like

Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Khayordhe: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2012
Let's kip our finger cross,only tym will tell
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2012
No need 4 jamb,jzt walk down to abia state poly nd purchase ur admission form,the non-jamb appilcant form,and keep ur skool fees ready...simple....
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by dnawah(m): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2012
upchair: The key question is will they have enough computers for all candidates round nigeria to sit for the exam. That is going to be a major challenge.
is wat i have in mind.wat of network.and those interior villages that used to get their question paper when some must have finished?
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Dejiro(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
If we perfect this, we should start planing for e-voting too.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Modishguy(m): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
Well, its not a bad idea but also, they shuld b ready to fac Bad 9ja Hackerz & Anti virus . . . Jamb iz jst a waste of tim nd money! At al at al. . Up 9ja!
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by God2man(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
RIchibabe: I will advise those writting Jamb next year to choose the formal method which is the perper and pencile type plssss, it will help to be on a saver side

I agree with you. Candidates are advised to stick to the old method before things get better.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by blushmg: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
Will there be admission 30 minutes after too?
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't think it will work out as expected
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Madawaki01(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
a1solution: Jamb is moving forward Like Gov Fashola of Lagos state which is always ahead of others. Assuming we have people in federal govt thinking forward like this, Nigeria would have been ahead of other African countries. I love positive changes like this. I believe one day American citizens would beging to come to Nigeria for schooling. If you believe me press like button.
u wan turn nairaland to facebook?
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Sike(m): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hmmm... Wahala go dey!
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by Emmyk(m): 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Good development.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by olumyde5(m): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
blushmg: Will there be admission 30 minutes after too?

e never reach like that
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by xcitedjay(m): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
Candidates should be able to see and print result immediately after the exam ends, since it's a computerized exam. I guess the 30minutes is to allow for tweaking of extra special candidate's results and some other things like making sure Victor Dangote is really the son of Dangote.
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by harlos: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
It can't work for 30mins maybe they should say a day unless they will marking it at the exam center,cos think if there will be traffic if they should be taking it to their headquarter, or something else may cause delay...
Re: JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams by kpozite(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
There is always a resistance to change in every society, but amuses me when people who lament and say negative things about Nigeria resist positive changes in the making. nice one JAMB carry on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ebonyi State University Post Ume Test Is Out / Osun Government Reassigns Students To Different Schools / 8 Helpful Tips For Getting A Study Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.