Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council (4875 Views)

Photos From The Federal Executive Council Meeting Today / BREAKING : Oshiomhole Sacks Four Commissioners / Wike Sacks State's Accountant-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by news9ja: 6:29am On Nov 10, 2012
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Friday sacked all his commissioners and special advisers.

Oshiomhole, who addressed a valedictory session of the State Executive Council in Benin, thanked all its members for assisting in the delivery of his programmes in his first term as well as ensuring his re-election.

The governor made the surprise announcement ahead of his swearing in for a second term on Monday.

He also told the commissioners and special advisers that their appointments would subsist till midnight on Sunday, when his first term would officially end.

He said, “I want to use this opportunity to say how much I appreciate your efforts.

“Four years down the road, working together, arguing, debating, even sometimes disagreeing, we have provided a collective leadership to the people of Edo State.”

Responding on behalf of his colleagues, the state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Osagie Obayuwana, thanked Oshiomhole for giving them the opportunity to serve the state.

“The experience of working with the governor had been a school of leadership for us, which was defined by the highest level of congeniality,” Obayuwana said

http://naijajaw..com/2012/11/oshiomhole-sacks-state-executive-council.html
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2012
He'll call them back after swearing in.
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by qplus(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2012
I don't wanto comment
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by adonisyung(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2012
Gud m0ve.....brilliant man
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by Nuzo1(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2012
For a progressive Edo state, its only rational that he appoints new people with new ideas, and of course re-appoint those ones who have done well.

The problem now is that it might take him months like it took him in his first tenure to reconstitute another executive coucil.

Edo state state had no executive council for over 6 months when he took power.
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by afimihanyahoo(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2012
Na new thing
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by sonyjacobs(m): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2012
now its time to start lobbying for appointment/position. Let me call my Godfather. I would love to be finance commissioner. grin
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by godstino(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2012
i laud his effort provided he has no ulterior motive...bt if he has,for sacking these teachers instead of demoting them,THEN NA HOT WATER WE GO GIVE AM DRINK FOR EDO STATE.
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by GeJ79: 8:48am On Nov 10, 2012
PERECT MOVE BY THE GOVERNOR
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by awuf2008: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2012
GeJ79: PERECT MOVE BY THE GOVERNOR
There is nothing perfect instead the move would end up being an avenue to enriched some party members and cronies of the Governor.
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2012
Sack letter!
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by Maxymilliano(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2012
What sort of journalism is this? Oshiomole only dissolve the cabinet as his first term officially ends on Friday and to be sworn in next week for the second term, how can that be termed as 'sacks'?
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by carolrex: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2012
we need new hands to be at work in the executive. let them give chance to new ideals
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by doofanc: 9:14am On Nov 10, 2012
@OP, he didn't sack the council, he dissolved it. Don't be surprised to see a number of them will be recalled.
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by Myself2(m): 9:24am On Nov 10, 2012
He employed them in the first place,so he has every right and power to sack them,even for any reason
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by koolg: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
Sharp man! Wants to hold sway for sometime
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by sirp2007: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
The headline is misleading,our press men should try & use appropriate diction in their news delivery. Dissolve should have been used instead of ''SACKS''

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by Aizebioje(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
godstino: i laud his effort provided he has no ulterior motive...bt if he has,for sacking these teachers instead of demoting them,THEN NA HOT WATER WE GO GIVE AM DRINK FOR EDO STATE.
Smh for You. Where in the article did it say He sacked TEACHERS?MTCHEW.
But The State Of Journalism in this country sef.HE DISSOLVED IT,HE DIDN'T SACK THEM! CHRIST!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by GARRIx7(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
Maxymilliano: What sort of journalism is this? Oshiomole only dissolve the cabinet as his first term officially ends on Friday and to be sworn in next week for the second term, how can that be termed as 'sacks'?

I don't know why Nigerian journalists like using sensational ‎​Άnd misleading titles...

Maybe its the same reason why Seun and his Mods tacitly endorse tribalism on NL.. grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by otokx(m): 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
nice move by the governor
Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by damilolaandrew: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
The headline is misleading,the Comrade Governor is a good man to have allowed this young artist to come close to and draw him.
Oshiomhole is not that heartless as to Sack State Executives Council if their is no genie reason to do so.

Re: Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council by kelvincoll(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
GeJ79: PERECT MOVE BY THE GOVERNOR

Why change a winning team if they had delivered to help gain him a 2nd tenure?..... well an arrangeeee turn by turn..chop i chop party things sha..... grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Denies Obtaining $15m From Export-import Bank / BREAKING NEWS: Plane Crash In Ikeja, Lagos / Buhari Is Sitting On A Time Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.