Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method (19945 Views)

7 Natural Birth Control Methods You Probably Didn’t Know / shocking traditional Birth Control Methods / Common Birth Control Myths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by vicjoke: 6:38am On Nov 11, 2012
Withdraw method works perfectly as long as u know ur body n how to control it, I ve bn using it for 4 years now wit 100percent success.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by dljbd1(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2012
Points taken! Withdrawal mthd...100%
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by bobolekepee(m): 7:06am On Nov 11, 2012
Just passing by and whistling... cool
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by ITbomb(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2012
Cherechy: There's an app, works on all phone platforms. It's called JX Ovulation calendar. You input ur cycle details and the goal (e.g avoid pregnancy) and voila it automatically marks your safe & unsafe days with your pre-ovulation and ovulation days highlighted in GREEN.
I've been using it for over 5yrs, infact it's d first thing I download on every new phone.
In order to enjoy the benefits however, your Cycle must be like clockwork, accurate, with probably jst slight variations between months.
Lot of terms I can't understand there in details for me to supply , can u explain the usage of that app. Don't tell me to ask her
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Ehinafe: 8:29am On Nov 11, 2012
Princessaleeza: my husband is good in that,he has never been carried away.

I have been using withdrawal method since I got married but failed me twice. It is not that I got carried away because I always withdraw my joystick as soon as i receive the signal from my brain that I am about discharging and I thought I have been so perfect at it. The problem, as we later got to know, is that if you run in after the 1st withdrawal and clean-up, there is bound to be some remnant that is as effective as the original discharge. So, guys be careful.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by 2kurupt(m): 8:40am On Nov 11, 2012
Tropilo: If you are not married must you f*ck?

Contraceptives generally are not safe. Anything that distorts a natural occurence is usually harmful.

FYI contraceptives are used by the married for child spacing & family planning
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Ehinafe: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2012
Vasectomy, they claimed is reversible but not. I know a man who carried-out a vasectomy surgery as result of request from his wife, but later got divorced. After re-marrying, the new wife wished to bear children for him, the man has been trying all within his capacity to have vasectomy reversed but is virtually impossible.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2012
Red-Light:
Mine is not here..
Mine is withdrawer..
I just withdraw my Di.c.k when am abt to c.um.. And spit it on her tommy, bo00bs, or a.sss when am on doggggy

it never fails me

...Dan iskah she gay!!!

2 Likes

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 11, 2012
ogugua88: I've heard horror stories about depo provera. A good number of women struggle to conceive once they stop using it. Maybe it's good for someone who is done with having children but isn't ready for a hysterectomy.

The withdrawal method is the worst and shouldn't even be considered a method. As una dey shout withdrawal method, I dey think. How common is this method and can it be resppnsible for Nigeria's overpopulation issue? Lol. I don't even want to know the success rate for it. My guess is 58%.
thank u... withdrawal method has never work for me. my guess is 20%::: i used it twice on two diff gals and they both got pregnant. now it condom or no sex...
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Obinoscopy(m): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
Withdrawal method has a very high failure rate. It is the reason why we have high incidence and prevalence of abortion. Guys beware!
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
ITbomb:
Lot of terms I can't understand there in details for me to supply , can u explain the usage of that app. Don't tell me to ask her

Hmmm I don't know why u're the one interested. Lol
But to answer ur question, where you're asked for 'length' u're to input the length between the periods which varies for diff women but is usually btw 28-30days. Say for e.g the length btw one period and d next is 30 days, so u input 30days there.
When u're asked for 'Luteal phase' you input 15days cos that's the highest it can be. Though it may vary too, depending on the length of periods.
Then where u're asked for menstrual days, you put the number of days the period usually lasts. E.g 5days
Then under the program settings, go to goal, and choose 'avoid pregnancy'
Voila!
The days in red are the period days, and d days in green are the pre-ovulation and ovulation days, ovulation day being d greenest.
By clicking on d date in d calendar 'show day details', you'll see something like 'warning u're strongly advised to abstain from sexual intercourse in order to avoid unwanted pregnancy' Ovulation and most fertile day'
Or
'Non-fertile day, ur chances to conceive a baby are very low'
So depending on what day it is. So far I've used this app with no hitches. At least ur fertile days are Glaring and it'll be foolhardy to have unprotected sex on those days.
I hope that helped.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by ITbomb(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
^^^@Cherechy, thanks so much .
As for why I should be the one asking
If e happen ,dem dey talk say d guy is responsible, so let me be responsible for all my actions not leaving the cleaning up for her alone.
Its a two way lane, remember?
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by fatai2: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
Red-Light:
Mine is not here..
Mine is withdrawer..
I just withdraw my Di.c.k when am abt to c.um.. And spit it on her tommy, bo00bs, or a.sss when am on doggggy

it never fails me

True talk!
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by fatai2: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
candieangel12: Withdrawal method sucks, lots of ppl get pregnant from it. Tried it once n was so paranoid that I had 2 go buy the Plan B pill.

But I've been on nuvaring 4 sum years now n its a really great form of contraceptives.

I do carry around atleast 1 condom in my purse just incase I hv a fling or sumtin, I can be protected in case the guy has an std. You kno, a girl always gotta be prepared wink

U are a tru Naija gal! Alwyz havain 2nd option.

1 Like

Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by fatai2: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ehinafe:

I have been using withdrawal method since I got married but failed me twice. It is not that I got carried away because I always withdraw my joystick as soon as i receive the signal from my brain that I am about discharging and I thought I have been so perfect at it. The problem, as we later got to know, is that if you run in after the 1st withdrawal and clean-up, there is bound to be some remnant that is as effective as the original discharge. So, guys be careful.

Wats wrong wit washin ur joystick wit Dettol b4 2nd round.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by sherrylo: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
Obinoscopy: @OP, you failed to mention the Standard Day Method (Cyclebeads). Its 95% effective and its nonhormonal, and natural. Its acceptable even by the roman catholics

It has always failed me.
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by bridgebaby: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2012
...Reading these posts and comments makes me feel HOORNY! wink wink wink
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Obinoscopy(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2012
sherry lo:

It has always failed me.

Serious? shocked
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by rbatty: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2012
Red-Light:
Mine is not here..
Mine is withdrawer..

it never fails me

don't<<count<<<on<<dat<<too<<led<to<d<birth<of<my<2nd<son grin grin grin grin
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by rbatty: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2012
candieangel12:

Nuvaring is a small flexible ring that you insert into your vagin@, the muscles in your vagin@ keep it in place so it doesn't fall out. You only need to change it once a month. The ring releases low doses of progestin and estrogen which prevents you from getting pregnant.I like the nuvaring because I only change it once a month and I havent had any wierd side effects and I havnt gotten pregnant. It works for me.

And yep haha I carry cds in my purse, if a woman is sexually active then I dont see why she shud be ashamed to carry cds. She is only protecting herself. Safe sex is not only the mans responsiblity, it shud also be the womans because in the end, if there is any pregnancy, the woman suffers more.

ododo<<<oro<<<<we<didn't<<replaced<<<d<<ring<<<<<on<time<<<<n<<<thus<<<our<<3rd<<child<<<<<gbam grin

now<<<we've<<<inserted<<<at<<d<<hospital wink
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by sessydoo(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
candieangel12:

Nuvaring is a small flexible ring that you insert into your vagin@, the muscles in your vagin@ keep it in place so it doesn't fall out. You only need to change it once a month. The ring releases low doses of progestin and estrogen which prevents you from getting pregnant.I like the nuvaring because I only change it once a month and I havent had any wierd side effects and I havnt gotten pregnant. It works for me.

And yep haha I carry cds in my purse, if a woman is sexually active then I dont see why she shud be ashamed to carry cds. She is only protecting herself. Safe sex is not only the mans responsiblity, it shud also be the womans because in the end, if there is any pregnancy, the woman suffers more.

u this babe.....ogbona felifeli, dying to hav a blind date wt u ooo winkwinx
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by sessydoo(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
bridgebaby: ...Reading these posts and comments makes me feel HOORNY! wink wink wink

u re funny!!!
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Ralph30: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Before you can do an effective birth control your menstrual cycle must be under good condition
This is a project for students of medicine or health science but every lady needs to read this
.....Pattern and Effects of Common Menstrual Abnormalities...
click
http://uniprojectsearch.com/pattern-effect…emale-students/
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Gigihealth: 2:26am On Jul 03, 2016
Birth control pills when taken as ordered, is 99 percent effective in preventing pregnancy. Moreover, most women often practice what’s called “typical use.” A typical use means when a woman misses a pill or two or is a bit late with a new pack, or some other situations which might prevent her from taking the pill every day at the same time. There are also some side effects associated with birth control pills and shots. Click on the link below to read more..
http://www.gigihealth.com/birth-control-pills-are-there-safe/
Re: Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method by Ubiquity: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2017
Me thinks withdrawal is the best and most natural. Al these methods and medications have terrible side effects. undecided
With withdrawal method aka C.O.I.T.U.S. INTERUPTUS, you may be able to avoid pregnancy but you can still end up with an STI... Above all, just hold body, if the matter too much for your body, make plans and get married...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 COVID-19 Patients Die In Anambra State / Coronavirus: Nurses In Enugu Protest Over Lack Of Medical Equipment For Work / Abibat Kehinde Welcomes Twins, Abandoned By Her Husband At Epe Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.