Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,877 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (5251 Views)

R.I.P Psalmwise / The Thomas....(a Family) / A Poem To AGAGU And The 16 - R.I.P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2012
Yes.. True to hype, Dr Ozodi is a doctorate degree holder from a renowned university. Getting down to specifics, he spent the better part of his education and practice in science and psychology and thus, has better knowledge in that field. However, he makes a living, of recent, writing essays on politics and economy-related issues, a highly expert-sensitive issues, which almost every individual has a fair knowledge on. As a result, his amateurish jabbers and irrational views hardly go unnoticed, as people constantly highlight his errors. Well, like I said, since the issues directly affects the people, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Though it's a tad unreasonable to spend time and money publishing such unrefined facts. No envy though. Ride On!
But just recently, he's ventured into Literature, probably now bored with politics and economics, as he did get bored with science and psychology much earlier too. Well, this time, it definitely will backfire, because we're not just talking 'effects on people' here. We're talking about 'understanding literature' as pure and natural skill, harnessed and honed over the years, to create ideas that unfolds our inner desires and yearns, one which judging by the educational background and interests of Dr Ozodi, cannot be developed overnight. But he dared venture and successfully enacted an absolute irony, albeit humourous scene.
In Nigeria per say, there are three Literature experts. One is 'Prof. Wole Soyinka'. Another is 'Dr. Chinua Achebe' while the third is 'Others'. Dr Ozodi, in spite of his 'egg-stage' in literary conception, did launch a scathing attack on one of the two finests Nigeria has ever produced in the 'Literature World', Dr Chinua Achebe, criticizing and defaming the facts embedded in his book 'There was a Country'. Well, I have just three facts to outline for Dr Ozodi..which he must take seriously.

1. You are no literature scholar, talk less, a mogul. So, where is the proof that you can decipher the tone of that text? Everybody is entitled to his/her own moods, regarding a piece, but the tone, which defines the truest feelings and messages imbedded in such texts, remains the sole property of the author, and except he lets you into it, you can only guess at it flaily, which you just did and went on to publish.

2. Congratulations once again, at redefining your seemingly fading tag 'Igbo-Hating Igboman'. With the enthusiasm at which you set out to do that, and with the amazing success recorded, one always imagines if you get paid by 'SOMEONE' to focus on it?

3. Finally, I'm beginning to feel, you're really living your name, 'Osuji'. Like the biblical 'Jabez', I have no doubt you believe in your name and the impact it has on your life. Need I remind you, a variant of 'Osuji' means 'Yam Pounder' or 'Pounder of Yam'. And when a person is called Osuji ordinarily, it's not because the person naturally pounds yam, it's because of a trick used by lazy yam pounders to escape hard work continuously. The trick is to focus on chasing any little animal in sight, especially domestic fowls, assuming they're always a bother to you, instead of focusing on pounding the yam, so that at the end of the day, they do no work, but still get their pay.. So, Dr Ozodi.. Are you an Osuji?
Re: R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y by Ice4jez(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
dr osuji will neva been welcome in any ibo gathering for give his opinion which i feel he is entitled to.its clear u re written dis article cos u feel betrayed that the man his an ibo.no vex oh me just dey give my own opinion too cheesy :Ddr osuji will neva been welcome in any ibo gathering for give his opinion which i feel he is entitled to.its clear u re written dis article cos u feel betrayed that the man his an ibo.no vex oh me just dey give my own opinion too cheesy

1 Like

Re: R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
I fully agree with you brother.. He's not one of us.. There's an article I came across that denounces him as an Igbo man. Though I can't say if the article is for real.

(1) (Reply)

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods / A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat / Intellectual Property Removed On Owner's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.