Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. (5231 Views)

Print On Demand Now In Nigeria:why Print A 1000 Copies Of Your Book When You Can / Thousand Free Occult Books For Study / My Book Of Rants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by kay29000(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
I finally did it; i got my first book out, thanks to God Almighty. But right now i am thinking of how to sell the thousand copies off without depending on bookshops. I want to achieve that goal in a month. I believe anything is possible, but a lot of us av been thought to think one way, and that does not give room for creativity.

I would appreciate any comment, anything that comes to ur mind, no matter how funny it may seem.

By the way, my book title is THE LAW OF ATTRACTION: BECOMING A MONEY MAGNET.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by MyJoe: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ They sell books house to house in America. Thought of that?  smiley
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by DeepSight(m): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
Thought of selling rights for online copies?
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by tonnyboy: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
You should try dwaytosuccess.com They may help you sell some e-version of your book.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by MyneWhite1(f): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2010
Has the book been launched? You can also go to schools and offices.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by Godmother(f): 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2010
Start from the known to the unknown; sell to friends and aquaintances first.After you have exhausted that, go to bookshops and strike a bargain with them. ive them a certain percent on every book sold or you could also do sales on return.

Note:Bringing out the book is the easy part, creating awareness for it is where the work starts.Most importantly, dont forget to always commit your project to God daily
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. by zubike01(m): 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hi, my name is A.A Ahubelem i am the Author of "JOIN DON'T" a bold fast selling book in Nigerian. While Selling your book in Nigerian you would encounter a major problem which is distribution but here is how i handled mine.

1st of all i created a Facebook Page where i posted my book preview and invited my friends and urged them to invite others.

2nd I created a simple website http://www.jollyrogueseries.com/ you can create a blog if you can't create a website.http://jollyrougeseries..com/

Next when i got loads of comments on Facebook and people began to demand for the book, I began to deliver the book to them personally and charge for deliver. When i got request outside lagos, i gave them a discount and added the posting fee. I use ABC they charge 1100 for delivery.

When i had sold enough and broken even i began to visit bookshops and request that they showcase my book on their shelf. I issues them an invoice to collect payment after. After which i listed all the bookshops on my website.

When my fans on Facebook get bored i encourage them by posting an excerpt of my book (http://www.facebook.com/388942974500182/posts/432686380100262) to keep them engaged.

So far my book has sold 350 copies cash for the initial price of 2000 Naira and about 100 copies @ 1000 naira(i dropped the price after i broke even) I have about 200 unevenly distributed at bookshops at a 40 percent discount i.e for 600 naira.

What next i put the book on Amazon (Don't Join
by Azubike a. Ahubelem
Link: http://amzn.com/1496986970)so i can target the international market.

Selling E-book is very hard so you might need to invest in Google adds and Facebook adds and buy targeted emails if you don't have a mailing list from your initial profit but trust me . Once your eBooks start selling you would keep smiling. I've current sold about 43 eBooks for the price of 4$ each and i am hoping to sell more.

Hope this was able to help. .

(1) (Reply)

Academic Writing Professional / A Little Brain Teaser Guys!!! / The Witch Hunters: To Hunt A Level Four - A Contemporary Fantasy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.