Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (75795 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:08pm On May 05, 2013
Akanni screamed as he felt his strength drained. His entire body was in pains and his head felt like it would burst in pieces. The lightning stopped and he tried to get on his feet but he could not. He was on his knees and he looked up towards Tunde and then looked towards Lekan. He tried to raise his hand and just as he did, something grabbed him by the neck, it was long black and the grip was strong.

Mila had taken Awero to the hut and set her down but before the snake could get medication, she had died and the snake went back to the site of the fight in a mad rush to avenge the deaths. She was on her way when she felt the essence of her queen pass out of the world and her anger rose to where she could not imagine. She knew for certain that she could not fight the man herself but she would try. She did not mind if she died at least she would be meeting her queen and sisters in the afterlife but she would not live and watch them taken apart one after the other while she watched.

The snaked held on to Akanni’s neck as both Lekan and Tunde watched and the snaked wrapped the man with her huge and strong body and constricted him. There was a soundof bones breaking as Akanni’s eyes opened and the right eyeball popped out of the socket. His body continued to struggle but there was not much he could anymore. The series of lightning from the old man, the boy and the attack by the witch had weakened him to the barest minimum and the snake was too powerful. More powerful than a normal snake and he could not fight it. He gave up as his body jerked in spasm while life passed out of his body leaving him lifeless.

Mila uncoiled herself and the body dropped with a thud to the ground. She turned around and saw Lekan looking at her in amusement. The amulet around Lekan was shinning as brightly as ever and there was a look of relief on his face as he tried to get to his feet. The fear and shock he had over the few hours had drained him of his strength ad he fell back to the ground. He tried to get up again but this time the snake aided him with her huge body as he staggered while trying to walk and he heard the snake’s voice.

“It is done. The enemy is dead”

“What do we do next? Everything has been lost. How do we explain what happened to outsiders?

Lekan heard the snake say hissingly;

“That is no business of mine. You are the one concerned about them not me. They can think what they want”

Tunde’s voice broke into their conversation.

“My father is dead. I always suspected he could control lightning but I was never sure and I never knew I could. How is this possible that I could do all this and why is it that I rose from the dead without anyone touching me”

As he spoke, Lekan and Tunde looked towards the snake.

“It is old magic. More like rules which every living thing must live by. She narrated to them how Tunde was found in the forest by Ojoade and how Ojoade spared his life and raised him as his son and loved too “

“But why is it that I have his strength?” Tunde asked after Mila was done narrating the story.

The snake replied while Lekan and the boy listened.

“You are not Ojoade’s son granted but all these powers you exhibited were gotten from your fathers”

“Fathers?” the both said questioning Mila.

“When the spirit tried to feed on the boy while as a child certain parts of him had crossed into the boy. Just as a snake will continue to inject venom into a prey it is swallowing to aid digestion, the spirit passed part of him into you so as to feed on you but he was stopped by Ojoade before he could finish you off and so the boy had part of the spirit with him.

It is not something that could be done intentionally so it rarely ever happens but it is true because, two beings cannot exist while having the same essence, the boy could not exhibit the traits of the spirit which is one of his fathers. His biological father gave him life and Ojoade raised him and became his father by love. When the spirit whose essence had been passed into shadow, the rule no longer held his power in you and his immortality became yours. That is why you were brought out of the grave. The reason you have Ojoade powers of controlling lightning is that he has it in him and through love, you became his son. You could not wield this power as long as Ojoade lived and so when he died, yours was ready to come out and you used it. You combined the powers of both the spirit and the thunderer making you very strong”

Lekan who heard it all but it seemed like it was a dream.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:12pm On May 05, 2013
“You mean the has three different fathers? A mortal, a spirit and the doctor?”

“Yes" was the snake’s reply.

“Since they had to die so that I would live, if I died, the power would go back into them and they can come back to life". Tunde inquired.

“No boy, they are dead already and they cannot be brought back.

The boy walked back towards his father’s body and Lekan walked to him too, he put his hand around him and tapped his back.

“I guess it is the three of us now” the snake said.

Lekan looked back amused.

“Just yesterday you wanted to kill me Mila”

“My queen trusted you with her amulet and brought you into her circle so you are trusted. The boy has been entrusted into the order which I belong by the queen before my queen and so my allegiance is also with him. You too should hurry up and think of something as I feel the presence of outsiders in the village to see what has been happening. I cannot be seen so I will not be captured but I will be around when you need me”

Lekan’s hand went to the amulet on his chest and felt it burn a little as it disappeared. He looked inside the shirt he was wearing and saw that there was a mark on his chest resembling the amulet exactly.

“Don’t worry about the amulet. It is inside you to protect you now and when it is not enough, I can use it as a transport portal to reach you so have no fear my friend and for the boy, I pity anyone who tries to harm. Just keep a naked flame away from his head and you will be okay”

With that, Mila went into the bush as the sounds of sirens were heard all around as the first squad of policemen arrived in the village to investigate why no one could enter the village.

People had called the police as there was a force keeping people out and when a fire rose out from the village and they saw it, they knew something was wrong. The firemen tried their best but they were kept out. Higher authorities were called in to help them access but the force kept them out and then, the governor was contacted by the traditionalists from all around the region that what was happening could not be explained by reason and logic but the force would be broken sooner or later and so they waited.

The police commissioner although could not gain access he still would not stay away as immediately the force broke with the death of Akanni, he ordered his men into the village and the sights they saw made them shake with fear. They searched until they found out that everyone in the village were dead except for two people. A young scientist who worked with the mining company and a young boy of about 20 years.

They tried to hold and interrogated the survivors but the governor had them released and left them with the traditionalist. A story was cooked up by the government about how the hill which was blasted containing some poisonous gases which burnt the forest down and also poisoned the village. The gases were also blamed for the rocks which were found all over as they said when the hill was blasted; the gases exploded and carried the rocks over great distance.

Both Lekan and Tunde were questioned by the traditionalist and told not to tell anyone the true story not that people would believe them anyway but such things should be kept under wraps and hidden to only ears of those who should hear it.

This thank you goes to everyone who has made this story a reality as I could not have done it without you. My special thanks to Ijebabe for her support and insight in times when I need her opinions and to Dubem3, I cannot thank you enough for that hook up.

To every other person, thank you cannot be enough but it is a start.

Mynd_44 May, 2013

3 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 05, 2013
Hmm!
Finally, my heart beat can come back to normal.
Gr8 job
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by goldwaters(f): 6:05pm On May 05, 2013
Very unusual but interesting read! More ink to your pen.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by fiolaP(f): 6:11pm On May 05, 2013
hmm.finally.great
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by JoBle(f): 9:30pm On May 05, 2013
Finally!! I must say this is a wonderful story. You're very talented. Thank you for this story.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by oyestephen(m): 9:32pm On May 05, 2013
fiolaP: hmm.finally.great
Yea FINALLY!!!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:35pm On May 05, 2013
Seems I came through after all. Next stop.....quitting
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 10:51pm On May 05, 2013
Mynd this story was good, it kept me spell bound. You did a great job.

Please don't quit yet, the burning cold is still pending including the other one.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:00pm On May 05, 2013
j-slimz:
Mynd this story was good, it kept me spell bound. You did a great job.

Please don't quit yet, the burning cold is still pending including the other one.
I am having some difficulty writing burning cold. I will need some sessions with a shrink before I can finish that one. And what other one are you referring to?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 11:38pm On May 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am having some difficulty writing burning cold. I will need some sessions with a shrink before I can finish that one. And what other one are you referring to?

Shrink ke? Then see one and lets get to the end of the story.
"The guardians: rise of ....." Thats the other one i meant.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by zinylizzy(f): 2:52am On May 06, 2013
mynd mundane,great job
very wonderful story dt kept me spell bound... keep it up...u are really good
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:27am On May 06, 2013
j-slimz:

Shrink ke? Then see one and lets get to the end of the story.
"The guardians: rise of ....." Thats the other one i meant.
How are you even sure it is a NL story?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:28am On May 06, 2013
zinylizzy: mynd mundane,great job
very wonderful story dt kept me spell bound... keep it up...u are really good
Thank you
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 8:25am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
How are you even sure it is a NL story?

I'm reading it on NL, though i'm yet to finish it.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:41am On May 06, 2013
j-slimz:

I'm reading it on NL, though i'm yet to finish it.
It might not be meant for NL

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by MariaGoretti: 9:14am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
It might not be meant for NL
this your english construction sef...anyways, how has it been?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:33am On May 06, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
this your english construction sef...anyways, how has it been?
So MTN don manage dash you 5MB abi?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by MariaGoretti: 9:39am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
So MTN don manage dash you 5MB abi?
lol, my broda, I need am o....
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:56am On May 06, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
lol, my broda, I need am o....
God will move your browsing ministry foward this month in Jesus name
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by MariaGoretti: 10:10am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
God will move your browsing ministry foward this month in Jesus name
I postpone dat blessing in jesus name..amen
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:16am On May 06, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I postpone dat blessing in jesus name..amen
So this month is covered abi? Well done
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by MariaGoretti: 10:21am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
So this month is covered abi? Well done
covered frm another angle...
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:27am On May 06, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
covered frm another angle...
May that angle never run dry oooo. And may that angle continue to cover the remaining months of this year
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by MariaGoretti: 10:30am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
May that angle never run dry oooo. And may that angle continue to cover the remaining months of this year
now thats mor like it....amen to that..!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:35am On May 06, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
now thats mor like it....amen to that..!
Okay oooo
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by finishing(f): 10:48am On May 06, 2013
I am impressed........Thanks for the good read.Can we have this as a movie?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:56am On May 06, 2013
finishing: I am impressed........Thanks for the good read.Can we have this as a movie?
I don't want to say one thing now and my oga at the top will say another thing
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 06, 2013
Oga mynd, pls continue d "burning cold" also o, and nice finishing, so dat small boy get 3 papa, wow, and helep us tell aunty ije say make she update more of "the sting" story o.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 1:17pm On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't want to say one thing now and my oga at the top will say another thing

Lol!!! Your the oga at the top ojare.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 1:40pm On May 06, 2013
Ahh! Finally. You're welcome Mynd smiley

I wish Sango took Ojoade rather than him dying. He didn't get the chance to say anything to his son since the nightmare started. So sad cry

Good job Mynd, you brought this childhood story to life and it was a success, yay!! cheesy
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Dammol(f): 2:54pm On May 06, 2013
Finally
very nice story. More ink to your pen. I've never commented on this thread but i'll say this ''Please dont stop writing, you've got it in you''.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance) / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.