Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,724 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (75794 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
As one bros don talk say e no deep, lemme see as this next one go be
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by goldwaters(f): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nyc one.  lyk d Nigerian setting. I'm waiting o.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ifamuyiwa knew he was close to sealing the deal in this and very soon the life in the young lad will be passed into him. Of course, it will mean that the boy will die but that was a small price to pay for his as assent into power and this was not just power. This is the ability to wield the power of one of the most powerful gods. The thought filled his head and that made him oblivious to all else. The greed that circulated his act had made him forget one very important fact. A fact thathe did not know because the one who taught him the act of taking the life of another person did not tell him, possibly because he did not know that Ifamuyiwa would attempt to do that later on.

The calabash he was holding felt lighter in hishands as the life source form Akinola flowed into him directly and he felt stronger that he has ever being but Akinola was only mortal without any spiritual powers given, he was good will plants but he has neglected the gods.

He continued his incantation and with the boy on the floor, he knew the boy will soon be dead and his powers will flow into him making him stronger than he has ever imagined or dreamt of.

Akinola was lost in his own dreams, the woman stretched her hand towards him but he could not move any part of himself so howcan he take that hand? He tried to look away from her and towards Ifamuyiwa but his sight was fixed on the woman and her followers, he tried to remember where he has seen that woman from and his brain grew tired fast.

The hand she stretched towards him stopped short of his face and she smiled at him. that smile made him remember. It brought the thoughts in his subconscious to the conscious the woman leading her followers was the midwife who delivered his son, Ojoade. The one who has been called witch so many times and he heard her speak. In the hands of the woman next to her was a little lamp. The significance of it was still a mystery to him when she spoke;

“Fear not doctor, you have dedicated your liveto the helping of others even though you don’t get rewarded most of the times. You have stood with the weak and saved lives and yours is not going to be stolen from you like this”

Then he heard her say

“Sleep you should not see this”
He tried to find a reply to her, a call for help but still his words failed. He stretched her hands once again and she touched his check and it felt warm as he drifted away into oblivion.

Ojoade lay down on the floor in pains; he felt the energy within him increasing. He felt as if he was going to burst and just as it felt as if he could not take it anymore, he felt it leave him, but the energy did not just leave him, he felt the strength in him drain out. He felt like he was being torn open from all side as his life left him and flowed outwards. And soon he began to black out when he saw the same woman his father saw. She bent in front of him as in her hands a little lamp appeared. The flame from the lamp burnt dimly and even in the lit room, it still brought some light to Ojoade’s eyes. She carried the lamp with both hands and carried it around his head.

Suddenly the entire room was filled with lightand a loud rumble and both lightning and thunder struck at the same time. The witch who had brought the lamp and the others turned around and disappeared quickly and the whole room was filled more energy than was going out of Ojoade himself.

Ifamuyiwa did not see the witches come. He was not a priest yet and so he could not see them, he just noticed that Akinola’s eyes left the boy and focused on something else. He dismissed it thinking he was just dying and his eyes were failing. The energy in the room suddenly increased as though more were added, he felt the change around his but he could not see the reason why.

“Perhaps the boy has a source of strength of power elsewhere” he thought to himself.

Suddenly he heard the first flashes of lighting,he opened his eyes and looked towards the boy

“This might be the final rite of passage he thought” but another lightning struck and he closed his eyes to shield them from the powerful light. When he opened his eyes, he could not believe what he saw….

3 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by movmentish(m): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yeah!!!!! Now we talking
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
movmentish: Yeah!!!!! Now we talking
Smh. Humans
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by movmentish(m): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
Smh. Humans
Sorry,what was dat for
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by UjSizzle(f): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Damn i read this holding my breath...when's the next update? grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
Er... Mynd? Wetin the man see?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
brokoto: Er... Mynd? Wetin the man see?
I don't know oooo
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't know oooo
no try me o! *stern face*
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:06am On Jan 08, 2013
Right in front of him the boy stood but he was not really standing, his feet were not touching the floor. It was as though he was held by ropes from the roof of the hut. Ifamuyiwa could not believe what he was seeing, nothing in what he had been told about the exchanged had mentioned. The room was still charged but there was increase in the energy in the room. The energy was like the Oracle has never felt before. He had a taste of energy when the god Sango had taken over his body but this was more than he could imagine of control. The energy was almost godlike. Like there was the presence of the god himself in the room.

He looked outside and saw that lightning flashed in the surrounding as evening approached fast but it appeared darker whilethe room was misty in a way he could not explain. It was as though someone was cooking with firewood in that room and the smoke was everywhere. He looked at the boy who just floated in front of him with his headdropped like he was remorseful over something. His hair looked unkempt and every muscle in his body seemed to stand out. It was obvious to Ifamuyiwa where the upsurge in electricity came from. The boy is a container for the god and the incantation he had been reciting had been to gather the boy’s power and transfer them into him.

The final stage of the ceremony might have come. He finally has to stretch his hand and collect the power offered to him and he will have what he had converted for so long. He could be as strong as most of the priest and even stronger if he learns to wield this new power well. All he has to do now is the final part which was to kill the boy.

He looked around the room and saw his choice weapons. He had a dane gun in one corner and a machete hanging around. He made his choice more out of fear than out of common sense. The machete will require him going near the boy in order to kill him but theway he saw the boy, he was too scared to even go near him. He walked up to the gun and took it. He aimed for the boy who just drifted there seemingly lifelessly.

In the villages around, there was lightning and the normal thunder that accompanies it. There was the smoke of rain everywhere but the sky was as clear as it could be and every mother’s child in the village knew something was wrong. no one really knew where but they were sure that an abnormal occurrence was about to happen or was happening. All decided to stay indoors except one. The headof the mid-wives. She was just arriving from ajob where a woman had been pregnant for more that12 months and had just put to bed after a lot of pleading with the powers who held her back.

She had heard the rumbling and assumed it to be rain but when she felt a sudden charge in the atmosphere, she knew it was more. She rushed into her strong room and consulted with her mates. The source was found to be in the next village. Specifically, in the house of the Oracle.

She never liked him in the first place. He was an arrogant pig who was greedy and demanded for the most expensive things just because he was a mouth piece. A bird was sent to see what was happening in the houseand the report it brought back was not really pleasant. The bird reported that the old Oracle was performing an exchange of life source and not just with anyone but with the doctor and his son.

Such dark arts most times resulted to death and she could not really judge the Oracle because she has also done thing that could be considered evil and wicked. But there was something else involved. She remembered thebirth of the boy and remembered the thunder. She also remembered how Akinola had said his son will live even after the boy’s birth caused the death of his wife. And she remembered how Akinola never did but help people all around sometimes without payment and she decided to help him.

No doubt if the Oracle was performing that, it meant that the buy had powers within him which is being reaped and the thunder and lightning around told her that it had to do with no other go but Sango. Just one thing to carry and it was her little lamp. The bird had given her enough description of what was going on and how the people in the room stood so she knew what she was to do. Just incite the anger of the powers inside the boy and leave before anything crazy happened. Even at that, it could turn out deadly as the god might decide to react immediately and she will not be seen as trying to help but as the person who committed the abominable act.

Judgment will be swift on her but she had to try. She got her protective amulet and prayed to Oya to protect her. Afterall, Oya is wife to Sango still and favor might be found from her. She went there through the eyes of the doctor and not the boy as she tried to conceal her arrival from the Oracle

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:07am On Jan 08, 2013
When she got there, the first thing she did was put the doctor to sleep. She had entered through his eyes and she did she had to do to the boy. It was fast, easy but dangerous. Carry a fire across the head of a worshipper of Sango and it was done. Immediately she did that she left the way she came and sent the bird to come see what happened next as she watched in her waters with interest.

Ifamuyiwa held the gun steady and aimed it at the boy. His hands shook, his aim was off. The misty room did not help and he dropped the gun a bit. He wiped sweat off his forehead as he struggled to overcome his fear. He lifted the gun again and this time, there was no fear or anything wrong. it was just him and the boy in front of him. he pulled the trigger…………………………….

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by movmentish(m): 12:40am On Jan 08, 2013
Plz don't kill ojoade na........biko mynd44
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2013
movmentish: Plz don't kill ojoade na........biko mynd44
I will think about it. Make I update again? They will say yes oooogringringringrin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 08, 2013
Tah! The boy no die! Actor no de die.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:19am On Jan 08, 2013
brokoto: Tah! The boy no die! Actor no de die.
I can make him die you know. Forget about the actor no dey die thing
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by UjSizzle(f): 9:05am On Jan 08, 2013
If that boy die eh u no go chop food this night.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2013
uj_sizzle: If that boy die eh u no go chop food this night.

I am so scared
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2013
How d boy wan die,no be d same boy dey collect leaves from tree,b4 u decide 2 tell us abt his early life. Oya continue afasta afasta

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2013
The sound of the gun made Ifamuyiwa shake and his ears went numb. He could not see histarget because of the smoke from the gun partially blinded him and the fact that the visibility in the room did help the fact that he could now not see the front well.

He dropped the gun and held it to his side as he waited for the smoke to go down. He smiled to himself as now he thought, it was over. All he had to do now was stretch his hands and collect the powers in the boy and he would have more than enough powers than he could dream off. The job of being an Oracle can be left and he could do whatever he likedwithout hindrance.

He had had problems with people in the past but not anymore, the witches won’t be able to threaten him anymore and the will his command will be followed. These thoughts flowed through his head as the smoked wentdown and with his eyes looked into the mist and he saw the shape of the boy there. The body’s boy maintained the position he was before he shot him. His face was still dropped as he was lifeless. It was not moving; it just hung there in from of him with energy surrounding him.

The energy flowed out of his nostrils and mouth and entered other parts of his body. The oracle stood the confused. He did not imagine that this would happen as the priest who described the ceremony to him said the ceremony was without stress and should have been done by now.

He held the gun up again and prepared for another shot when he thought he saw the boy’s head move.

“Impossible” he said to himself. His head cannot move and he assumed it was becauseof all the smoke, energy and mist. He pulled the gun up and this time he took his aim withboth eyes opened.

In the distance, thunder rumbled and lightning flashed in little miniature flashes. The wind had picked up and the community and surrounding villages could not explain what was happening around them because the sun was still shining in the sky yet the conditions of the elements suggested otherwise. Most women took their children inside and the men stood at their door looking out for what could possibly be happening.

The witch stood in her room of power and monitored the events in the Ifamuyiwa’s hut, she was lucky that she left early as the conditions of the weather only said one thing. The god is pissed and his anger gathers, his anger would in two folds which will be that the Oracle try to reap his powers and the lamp thing she did. Sango is not known the spare people who offend him andshe might be in the receiving line after Ifamuyiwa got what he deserved.

She saw him pick the gun and shoot the boy and she shook her head.

“Fool, annoying an already pissed off god will you him no good”

At the gunshot, she knew it will have no effect. The god was already inside the boy. She doubted that the boy could have been killed and suspected that the god has just been sitting it out to allow the silly Oracle make a fool of himself but when the forbidden was done, he had to rise.

Ifamuyiwa raised the gun towards the boy and wanted to shoot when he saw the head rise. This time, he knew he did not imagine it.His head rose up and he looked straight ad Ifamuyiwa. His eyes were red as thought theywere on fire and his nostrils flared ad sparkles of fire came from them.
Ifamuyiwa’s fear grew and he raised the gun and shot again.

The bullet did not even leave the nozzle of the gun before bursting into flames. The Oracle moved back and stepped away from the boy/the boy’s body dropped to the ground and hewalked towards the Oracle. His left hand, he formed it into a fist and around the fist came an object made out of energy. The mythical hammer of the god-king himself. His Oshe.

Ifamuyiwa realized what was happening as he now knew it was not the boy in front of him again. He got on his knees and tried to beg for mercy but the boy coming towards him did not look like he cared. The boy’s left hand raised in the direction of the Oracle andthe Oracle felt heat from inside of him. it felt as though his insides were burning up and he was in pain. He screamed and begged but the boy just looked at him and the light in theboy’s eyes left and was reduced with the normal blueness of an human being.

At this point, Akinola started to rise from where he lied down and the first thing that hit him was the screaming of the Oracle of the floor who screamed that he was on fire but Akinola could see no fire. He saw his son sitting down alone and he went to him..

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by tijehi(f): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Osanobua! Mynd u be Wizard? Abi u join dem write evil dead? This is one freakingly interesting piece. I duff my gele for u. Please continue o. Best to read this story during d day, any attempt for reading at night na serious wahala, don't wanna see any sango in my dream.

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
tijehi: Osanobua! Mynd u be Wizard? Abi u join dem write evil dead? This is one freakingly interesting piece. I duff my gele for u. Please continue o. Best to read this story during d day, any attempt for reading at night na serious wahala, don't wanna see any sango in my dream.
thanks
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 1:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
tijehi: Osanobua! Mynd u be Wizard? Abi u join dem write evil dead? This is one freakingly interesting piece. I duff my gele for u. Please continue o. Best to read this story during d day, any attempt for reading at night na serious wahala, don't wanna see any sango in my dream.

Have faith my sister, with pray'r....

...Norrin do you. Even for night. cheesy cool

Mynd...hope you're "grounded" o?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
firestar:

I am babe
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
firestar:

Yes I am ma'am
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Yes I am ma'am

D'accord. cool
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by tijehi(f): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Osanobua! Mynd u be Wizard? Abi u join dem write evil dead? This is one freakingly interesting piece. I duff my gele for u. Please continue o. Best to read this story during d day, any attempt of reading at night na serious wahala, don't wanna see any sango in my dream.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by tijehi(f): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
sorry for the double post
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
i am truly and deeply impressed
mynd i owe you a box of chewing gum
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mynd,u 3 much,commot fila 4 u,*throws d fila*
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by movmentish(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ah!!! Mynd!!! U be winch!!! I dey fear oh!!! Ah!!! U get power oh!!!
**starts preparing his sango shrine**
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thanks y'all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance) / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.