Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Glo's Illegal Deductions Through 8888. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo's Illegal Deductions Through 8888. (1373 Views)

Help, Etisalat Recharge Deductions / Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! / Credit Deductions On Bold 9900 BIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Glo's Illegal Deductions Through 8888. by Mpeace(m): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
Don't know if am the only one, but I notice a new practice whereby Glo sents an sms claiming that I subscribed for a particular service and that N100 has been deducted from my account. The first time I got the message, I thought I had mistakenly subscribe for the service, so I let it pass. Weeks later, I got a call from 8888 advertising a service. I dropped the call and the next thing I got was an sms saying that N100 had been deducted for my subscription to the advertised service. Each time I call to complain, the say sorry and give a code they claim will stop it.This morning, I loaded my phone, forgot it on the table and left for work. On my return this evening, I saw a missed call and ansms from Glo reading: ''Dear customer, Your subsription of Dating at 8888 has been successfully renewed. You have been charged N100. I called them and as usual all they said was sorry, send stop to 8888. I've confirmed from my friends that am not the only one . They too had one time or the other experienced same. This is a serious thing and since we can no longer look up to NCC for these things. So I'm bringing this here believing that they will bow to public pressure and stop this unfairness. And what better place to do this than Nairaland. Moderator please take this to front page for proper action.
Re: Glo's Illegal Deductions Through 8888. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
i experienced exactly thesame thing.
just send unsub to 8888 and it will stop

(1) (Reply)

Bricked Infinix Hot Needs Help.. Engineers Please Come In / I Want To Buy A Phone / How To Run Linux OS On Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.