Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) (1982 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 13, 2012
I am truly depressed for humanity when I see how some certain religious people behave. There are many educated muslims and christians that say things that will shock any literate person.

I was on youtube and saw a muslim woman who has a science degree claim that Darwins theory of evolution states that as man became more intelligent, he became whiter. She knows better but she is purposefully misinforming others.

Furthermore, I take a look at the tithe pastors who know better but they rob their congregation clean. I look at educated people who when asked the reason why Yaweh of the old testament committed genocides with flood and wars, they reply that God is omnipotent or good therefore, we should question him.

What excuse does an educated person have to misinform, lie and cheat people with religion? What excuse does an educated person have to support fallacies? How can an educated person with access to the internet read about religion and slavery (especially christianity and islam) and then claim that these religions are morally good?

I have no problems with people who dont have access to information as I myself, believed in the Old testament when I didnt have access to the internet and people of other faiths or no faith.

However, I wonder what excuse do people here on Nairaland really have to ignore the truth about their religion? You have access to the internet to read about slavery, misogyny, muder and genocide in these religions. What excuse do these people really have to claim that their religions are moral when the evidence clearly says otherwise?

I asked someone if God told him to sacrifice his son like Abraham, would he do it? He said "no". Then I asked him that why is he still a believer in Yaweh then when he knew that Yaweh was sadistic to ask Abraham to sacrifice his son? He said that times were different and god is mysterious.

Seriously? What kind of excuse is that? An educated person making such foolish arguments for God? How about I carry your son to an altar and claim that the pink Unicorn is mysterious?

I am really considering these people as wicked that they know that their religion is false but they dont care as long as it gives them a good feeling and they can feel among other people with this good feeling. Then there are the tithe receivers who are the most wicked of them all, who know what they are doing is wrong but they are greedy for money so they dont care.

Food for thought; How come these Private jet pastors never use their money for public service? When is the last time they fixed a major road? When is the last time they educated their congregation on family planning? A public library? When have they used their influence to make politicians do good things for the poor man? These pastors prefer to give the poor people little grains so that they come begging for more grains.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03: I am truly depressed for humanity when I see how some certain religious people behave. There are many educated muslims and christians that say things that will shock any literate person.

I was on youtube and saw a muslim woman who has a science degree claim that Darwins theory of evolution states that as man became more intelligent, he became whiter. She knows better but she is purposefully misinforming others.

Furthermore, I take a look at the tithe pastors who know better but they rob their congregation clean. I look at educated people who when asked the reason why Yaweh of the old testament committed genocides with flood and wars, they reply that God is omnipotent or good therefore, we should question him.

What excuse does an educated person have to misinform, lie and cheat people with religion? What excuse does an educated person have to support fallacies? How can an educated person with access to the internet read about religion and slavery (especially christianity and islam) and then claim that these religions are morally good?

I have no problems with people who dont have access to information as I myself, believed in the Old testament when I didnt have access to the internet and people of other faiths or no faith.

However, I wonder what excuse do people here on Nairaland really have to ignore the truth about their religion? You have access to the internet to read about slavery, misogyny, muder and genocide in these religions. What excuse do these people really have to claim that their religions are moral when the evidence clearly says otherwise?

I asked someone if God told him to sacrifice his son like Abraham, would he do it? He said "no". Then I asked him that why is he still a believer in Yaweh then when he knew that Yaweh was sadistic to ask Abraham to sacrifice his son? He said that times were different and god is mysterious.

Seriously? What kind of excuse is that? An educated person making such foolish arguments for God? How about I carry your son to an altar and claim that the pink Unicorn is mysterious?

I am really considering these people as wicked that they know that their religion is false but they dont care as long as it gives them a good feeling and they can feel among other people with this good feeling. Then there are the tithe receivers who are the most wicked of them all, who know what they are doing is wrong but they are greedy for money so they dont care.

Food for thought; How come these Private jet pastors never use their money for public service? When is the last time they fixed a major road? When is the last time they educated their congregation on family planning? A public library? When have they used their influence to make politicians do good things for the poor man? These pastors prefer to give the poor people little grains so that they come begging for more grains.

Flaming you is a far more attractive concept than engaging you intelligently. Your posts are essentially foolish, poorly informed tirades against Christianity, not much worth consideration. I've recently confirmed that bashing christianity is your hobby, so I'm justified in ignoring you.

However, I don't intend to always do so especially when it'll be more fun to make fun of your intellectually-bereft non-arguments.

Shall we talk about education? What sort of educated person never critically examines the information he's fed, but will take them wholesale when they serve some idiosyncrasy of his and reject them wholesale when it suits his fancy? What sort of educated person regards the fact that a subject is taught in school and fills schoolbooks as conclusive evidence for the validity of the subject especially while rejecting another subject taught in school for the same reason? Shall I go on, wonderfully-educated illogicboy?

Give me half a reason to and I might bury you. I assure you it'll be enormous fun for me. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2012
Cyrex stop peeping, ring the bell.

1 Like

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2012
Reyginus: Cyrex stop peeping, ring the bell.
Lmao...
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by ijawkid(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Lmao...

Muskeeto I just bought one new BAYGON for you.....

Get ready....lol.....

2 Likes

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by advocate666: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Flaming you is a far more attractive concept than engaging you intelligently. Your posts are essentially foolish, poorly informed tirades against Christianity, not much worth consideration. I've recently confirmed that bashing christianity is your hobby, so I'm justified in ignoring you.

However, I don't intend to always do so especially when it'll be more fun to make fun of your intellectually-bereft non-arguments.

Shall we talk about education? What sort of educated person never critically examines the information he's fed, but will take them wholesale when they serve some idiosyncrasy of his and reject them wholesale when it suits his fancy? What sort of educated person regards the fact that a subject is taught in school and fills schoolbooks as conclusive evidence for the validity of the subject especially while rejecting another subject taught in school for the same reason? Shall I go on, wonderfully-educated illogicboy?

Give me half a reason to and I might bury you. I assure you it'll be enormous fun for me. smiley

You should have continued to wallow in your ignorance (of Logic boy) instead of opening your mouth and spitting out utter nonsensical diatribe that might as well have come out of the pope's white asz.

Education is using your head. Simple. Not repeating everything you were told without evidence. Evolution seemed so far fetched to me before that I just simply disbelieved until I started asking questions. I was shown empirical evidence of evolution in action. In front of overwhelming evidence I had to rewire my brain to believe my eyes.
Upon all the questions I have asked of the godly, I have yet to see one, just one single evidence to support all your nonsense except that someone else told you and there are many of you.

Please go back to whichever school you attended and ask for a refund.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

You should have continued to wallow in your ignorance (of Logic boy) instead of opening your mouth and spitting out utter nonsensical diatribe that might as well have come out of the pope's white asz.

Education is using your head. Simple. Not repeating everything you were told without evidence. Evolution seemed so far fetched to me before that I just simply disbelieved until I started asking questions. I was shown empirical evidence of evolution in action. In front of overwhelming evidence I had to rewire my brain to believe my eyes.
Upon all the questions I have asked of the godly, I have yet to see one, just one single evidence to support all your nonsense except that someone else told you and there are many of you.

Who the heck are you? You sure you wanna argue evolution with me? Awful brave of you, dude.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Sadly, you have just proven my point. You didnt even address the issue and you went into a full tirade against me.

I really pity you.

Even the things you just said make no sense. What are you referring to? Be specific
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by advocate666: 11:48am On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Who the heck are you? You sure you wanna argue evolution with me? Awful brave of you, dude.

I really don't want to argue anything with you because you might pollute my knowledge with your ignorance.

Who am I? I am a devil worshipping atheist. When your programmed brain manages to disect and understand this, then you may start making sense. Until then, make sure you give 10% of your hard earnings to your lazy hungry god.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Evolution? Is that something that you boldly want to argue against?

With access to the internet and from many arguments here, dont you feel a bit silly because of the overwhelming evidence for it?
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

Thank you.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Sadly, you have just proven my point. You didnt even address the issue and you went into a full tirade against me.

I really pity you.

Even the things you just said make no sense. What are you referring to? Be specific

Sadly, you too have just proven my point. You did not see, did you, that my attack on your intellect completely invalidated the op? Until you redeem your intellectual integrity, what "issues" you have raised have been rendered non-issues and unworthy of consideration.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Sadly, you too have just proven my point. You did not see, did you, that my attack on your intellect completely invalidated the op? Until you redeem your intellectual integrity, what "issues" you have raised have been rendered non-issues and unworthy of consideration.

I would advice you to look at the topic and then ask yourself if you are not truly ignorant.

Go and derail somewhere else with your BS
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

I really don't want to argue anything with you because you might pollute my knowledge with your ignorance.

Who am I? I am a devil worshipping atheist. When your programmed brain manages to disect and understand this, then you may start making sense. Until then, make sure you give 10% of your hard earnings to your lazy hungry god.

Dude, you really should avoid arguing with me, it's not healthy for atheistic positions. For instance, what is a "devil-worshipping atheist"? A very contradictory term, if ever there was one.

As it is, my "ignorance" trounces your "knowledge" any day of the week. All one's gotta do to see if it's true is compare our first posts. cheesy
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Evolution? Is that something that you boldly want to argue against?

With access to the internet and from many arguments here, dont you feel a bit silly because of the overwhelming evidence for it?

Going by what illogicboy defines as evidence, I'm sure I can manage it. Question is, do you, logic boy, have the balls to argue evolution with me?

Logicboy03:

I would advice you to look at the topic and then ask yourself if you are not truly ignorant.

Go and derail somewhere else with your BS

You are so served, dude. I don't take cooking lessons from a guy whose only experience of food is donuts and diet coke.

So you go look at the intellectually-bankrupt, ignorance-shot op and set yourself straight!

Never mind that I'm not an atheist. You're not one either.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Going by what illogicboy defines as evidence, I'm sure I can manage it. Question is, do you, logic boy, have the balls to argue evolution with me?

You are so served, dude. I don't take cooking lessons from a guy whose only experience of food is donuts and diet coke.

So you go look at the intellectually-bankrupt, ignorance-shot op and set yourself straight!

Never mind that I'm not an atheist. You're not one either.

I have had so many debates here on evolution. Anony was recently destroyed on evolutionary biology
https://www.nairaland.com/1097131/strategies-dialoguing-atheists/2#12906664
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

I have had so many debates here on evolution. Anony was recently destroyed on evolutionary biology
https://www.nairaland.com/1097131/strategies-dialoguing-atheists/2#12906664

So what? Considering what "destroyed" in argument means to illogical species like you, your statement lacks merit in its entirety.

Your non-existent comprehension of genetics renders you totally incompetent to address arguments on evolution. (Please, give me a reason to fall your hand, the link is not too far away, genius.)

1 Like

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

So what? Considering what "destroyed" in argument means to illogical species like you, your statement lacks merit in its entirety.

Your non-existence comprehension of genetics renders you totally incompetent to address arguments on evolution. (Please, give me a reason to fall your hand, the link is not too far away, genius.)

lol.......that link was great testament to religious arrogance and the ignorance towards evolution. Anony tried to deny the evolutionary basis for morality that has been studied for years by scientists and there are numerous scientific journals for.

The explanation is simple. We adapt to environment. We evolve instincts (some of which are morals) that help us survive in the environment.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by cyrexx: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
@Ihedinobi,

Its really sad to see the self-attached and self-proclaimed anony twin bro reduced to a troll like this all because he wants ishilove to start cheerleading him like he saw her cheerleading davidylan. Anony is way smarter than this and he cant descend this low.

To think of it, you are not even trolling sensibly, at least davidylan utter some sense with his trolling.

Mr attachee, davidylan twin bro, check yourself before you wreck yourself and lose all the respect you still have.

A word shd be enough..
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
cyrexx: @Ihedinobi,

Its really sad to see the self-attached and self-proclaimed anony twin bro reduced to a troll like this all because he wants ishilove to start cheerleading him like he saw her cheerleading davidylan. Anony is way smarter than this and he cant descend this low.

To think of it, you are not even trolling sensibly, at least davidylan utter some sense with his trolling.

Mr attachee, davidylan twin bro, check yourself before you wreck yourself and lose all the respect you still have.

A word shd be enough..

What amazes me is his shameless idolatry for Anony.

The guy must really love kissing azz.

His trolling is quite pathetic and I'm used to it.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by cyrexx: 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
^^

pathetic indeed.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by advocate666: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Dude, you really should avoid arguing with me, it's not healthy for atheistic positions. For instance, what is a "devil-worshipping atheist"? A very contradictory term, if ever there was one.

As it is, my "ignorance" trounces your "knowledge" any day of the week. All one's gotta do to see if it's true is compare our first posts. cheesy

I transcend you. I am beyond the comprehension of the godly. Arguing with me will give you headaches.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Muskeeto I just bought one new BAYGON for you.....

Get ready....lol.....
Lol.. Ijawkid, wetin I do u and CrazyMan na? I'm just a lil mosquito minding my business.. cry
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.......that link was great testament to religious arrogance and the ignorance towards evolution. Anony tried to deny the evolutionary basis for morality that has been studied for years by scientists and there are numerous scientific journals for.

The explanation is simple. We adapt to environment. We evolve instincts (some of which are morals) that help us survive in the environment.

Lol.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
cyrexx: @Ihedinobi,

A word shd be enough..

Stop being so freaking insecure jare. grin Are you afraid I'll dance your house of cards down? Lol.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

I transcend you. I am beyond the comprehension of the godly. Arguing with me will give you headaches.

Lol. No need for talk o jare. Aspirins aren't difficult to get.

Tender that "empirical evidence" you spoke of. Let's examine it. Don't be a chicken, ehn. cheesy
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lol.

What? Seems you are happy that Anony was thoroughly debunked and exposed for his ignorance
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by cyrexx: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Stop being so freaking insecure jare. grin Are you afraid I'll dance your house of cards down? Lol.

LOL,

i'm just calling you back to order, if you'll let me. You may not believe me, but the fact is that despite my godlessness and disdain for religion i still like you guys so much, you and anony, and i think im just doing what a friend does, watching his friend's back and telling him bitter truth to his face.

Peace.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
cyrexx:

LOL,

i'm just calling you back to order, if you'll let me. You may not believe me, but the fact is that despite my godlessness and disdain for religion i still like you guys so much, you and anony, and i think im just doing what a friend does, watching his friend's back and telling him bitter truth to his face.

Peace.

You know, cyrexx, the feeling is mutual. But you need to learn to relax smiley The Igbo say, "ejighị m ụjọ too" (english: I am not accustomed to timidity). I'm having fun. I need it and logicboy is always easy pickings, the most vehement, the most ignorant and the most vociferous of you lot. He's the sweetest to flog because he's also the thickest-skinned. He's the trueblood baby atheist. cheesy

The rest of you are a bit too neurotic to have fun with. Your arguments are venomously emotional. Harmless comments put you on the defensive so easily. Anything that destroys your arguments provokes intense animosity from you.

Just relax and try to have fun, can you try? smiley
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You know, cyrexx, the feeling is mutual. But you need to learn to relax smiley The Igbo say, "ejighị m ụjọ too" (english: I am not accustomed to timidity). I'm having fun. I need it and logicboy is always easy pickings, the most vehement, the most ignorant and the most vociferous of you lot. He's the sweetest to flog because he's also the thickest-skinned. He's the trueblood baby atheist. cheesy

The rest of you are a bit too neurotic to have fun with. Your arguments are venomously emotional. Harmless comments put you on the defensive so easily. Anything that destroys your arguments provokes intense animosity from you.

Just relax and try to have fun, can you try? smiley

What is this one feeling like?

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

What is this one feeling like?

Whaaaaaat? grin grin
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by wiegraf: 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
We're talking about the ones that should know better, those that should be able to see beyond indoctrination/brain washing. My view would be

For those who usually inclined to objectivity, it's usually fear of one sort or the other. Fear of hell fire, fear of the unknown, fear of society's condemnation, fear of looking stoopid for having believed in the first place, etc etc. If fear is not the motivator then there's lazyness and/or self preservation. The objective that are the greedy/lazy type deserve little respect imo.
FLAME BAIT
Objective types... Anony, pastorwacking

Then there are people who MUST peer through everything via subjective googles. They think they're helping and sometimes do, but they tend to get carried away. They cannot help their nature and are generally nice enough. They just happen to be extremely unreasonable usually. They would build up a religion if there weren't one.

MORE BAIT
Ihe (maybe), davidylan, frosbel (although frosbel may not know better)

Then there's the crazy
NOT BAIT, UNDENIABLY TRUE
BUZUGEE

I'll Udate later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! / Does Jesus Have 23 Chromosomes? / A Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.