Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,455 members, 7,843,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) (1984 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Whaaaaaat? grin grin
Heehee. Ihe, having fun ain't you?
So you've given up trying to convince atheists and non-believers, you now seek to troll them to Christ.. lol.. good move..
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2012
wiegraf: We're talking about the ones that should know better, those that should be able to see beyond indoctrination/brain washing. My view would be

For those who usually inclined to objectivity, it's usually fear of one sort or the other. Fear of hell fire, fear of the unknown, fear of society's condemnation, fear of looking stoopid for having believed in the first place, etc etc. If fear is not the motivator then there's lazyness and/or self preservation. The objective that are the greedy/lazy type deserve little respect imo.
FLAME BAIT
Objective types... Anony, pastorwacking

Then there are people who MUST peer through everything via subjective googles. They think they're helping and sometimes do, but they tend to get carried away. They cannot help their nature and are generally nice enough. They just happen to be extremely unreasonable usually. They would build up a religion if there weren't one.

MORE BAIT
Ihe (maybe), davidylan, frosbel (although frosbel may not know better)

Then there's the crazy
NOT BAIT, UNDENIABLY TRUE
BUZUGEE

I'll Udate later

hehehehe . . . Wonderful! cheesy Classification. Categorization. I think this is fun. I see I'm not certainly fixed for any class, hmmm undecided Why is that, I wonder?
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Heehee. Ihe, having fun ain't you?
So you've given up trying to convince atheists and non-believers, you now seek to troll them to Christ.. lol.. good move..

lol @ "troll them to Christ".
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by wiegraf: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

hehehehe . . . Wonderful! cheesy Classification. Categorization. I think this is fun. I see I'm not certainly fixed for any class, hmmm undecided Why is that, I wonder?

You display both blind passion and an objective bent. But I think it's mostly emotion that drives you (as opposed to say curiosity among a variety of other factors), not too sure.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by advocate666: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lol. No need for talk o jare. Aspirins aren't difficult to get.

Tender that "empirical evidence" you spoke of. Let's examine it. Don't be a chicken, ehn. cheesy

Has a mosquito ever bitten you? If yes, that's evolution right there happenning on your body. If no, then you have already evolved.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

Has a mosquito ever bitten you? If yes, that's evolution right there happenning on your body. If no, then you have already evolved.
angry

2 Likes

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

Oh come on. You can dumb it down a bit more, can't you? sad
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
wiegraf:

You display both blind passion and an objective bent. But I think it's mostly emotion that drives you (as opposed to say curiosity among a variety of other factors), not too sure.

hehehehehehe........ Damn! But I just love being labeled an enigma. grin I don't think I'm one though. cheesy

Anyhow, I'm utterly human . . . and utterly Christian too. In fact, they're both the same to me. That's the explanation for any confusion you got cheesy
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

hehehehehehe........ Damn! But I just love being labeled an enigma. grin I don't think I'm one though. cheesy

Anyhow, I'm utterly human . . . and utterly Christian too. In fact, they're both the same to me. That's the explanation for any confusion you got cheesy

......and utterly foolish wink
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

......and utterly foolish wink

Reminds me of a blind man calling a prince's garments rags. cheesy
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Reminds me of a blind man calling a prince's garments rags. cheesy

Reminds me of a foolish king that wore an invisible robe cheesy

Reverse trolling for teh lolz!
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by F00028: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
advocate666:

I really don't want to argue anything with you because you might pollute my knowledge with your ignorance...

you cant do that. once you know you cant unknow...i think you're afraid.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
F00028:

you cant do that. once you know you cant unknow...i think you're afraid.

Wazzup? F00028?
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by F00028: 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wazzup? F00028?

nuthing much, logic!

jus passin thru. bored as heck.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
F00028:

nuthing much, logic!

jus passin thru. bored as heck.

lol...nice
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by F00028: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
@ihedenobi, advocate666

what're you guys, 13? get on with it already!
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Reminds me of a foolish king that wore an invisible robe cheesy

Reverse trolling for teh lolz!

Ah yes, I remember that one. Me and my bro bawled at your royal na.ked.ness then. grin
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
F00028: @ihedenobi, advocate666

what're you guys, 13? get on with it already!

Hey, how'm I to blame? Dude said a mosquito bite is evolution or some incomprehensible thang like that. Waiting on him to turn it into english. undecided
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by UyiIredia(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

I have had so many debates here on evolution. Anony was recently destroyed on evolutionary biology
https://www.nairaland.com/1097131/strategies-dialoguing-atheists/2#12906664

I can only imagine how that debate went. Most of your arguments for evolution are weak indeed.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I can only imagine how that debate went. Most of your arguments for evolution are weak indeed.

Stop trolling
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by UyiIredia(m): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Stop trolling

Okay. I recall this thread being for atheists only.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. I recall this thread being for atheists only.

You can join in but dont make false and BS comments angry
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by UyiIredia(m): 12:38am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

You can join in but dont make false and
BS comments angry

Okay. Here's what I have to say. Christians aren't myth-believers. We believe that the Bible contains actual events experienced by people incredible as they might seem. That said most of the claimed contradictions in the Scripture come from either a misunderstanding of the text or taking things out of context.

You seem to be concerned about slavery so here's my reply in that respect. Slavery wasn't regarded as evil in Bible times. It was infact a necessity since people of that time didn't have the luxury of machines that would make their jobs simpler. It is with the advewnt of machines since the Industrial Age that made slavery to be needleass and therefore evil since there are other options available.

Let's also talk about the genocides that occurred in the Bible. It's all about justice. Note beforehand that mercy usually means a witholding of justice and justice means following due process mercilessly. God in ordering those genocide was carrying out justice. Their crime was serving false gods which usually involved making human sacrifices (which was disgusting). In anycase what's to say that these tribes wouldn't have carried out the same attack on Iarael if the Israelites hadn't gone on the offensive. Note that tthe places where this genocides took place would later fall under Israel. I think that looking at this issue without getting emotional would reveal that God was right in what He did.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 14, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. Here's what I have to say. Christians aren't myth-believers. We believe that the Bible contains actual events experienced by people incredible as they might seem. That said most of the claimed contradictions in the Scripture come from either a misunderstanding of the text or taking things out of context.

Simple contradiction for you. How can god dislike incest but then allow Adam and Eve to engage in incest? Adam was the parent of Eve.

Uyi Iredia:
You seem to be concerned about slavery so here's my reply in that respect. Slavery wasn't regarded as evil in Bible times. It was infact a necessity since people of that time didn't have the luxury of machines that would make their jobs simpler. It is with the advewnt of machines since the Industrial Age that made slavery to be needleass and therefore evil since there are other options available.

When I said that people like you were wicked you didnt believe me. You are foolish and wicked. Slavery in the bible was not evil? You also support the use of African slaves to work in American farms because they didnt have tractors in the 16th century?

Uyi Iredia:
Let's also talk about the genocides that occurred in the Bible. It's all about justice. Note beforehand that mercy usually means a witholding of justice and justice means following due process mercilessly. God in ordering those genocide was carrying out justice. Their crime was serving false gods which usually involved making human sacrifices (which was disgusting). In anycase what's to say that these tribes wouldn't have carried out the same attack on Iarael if the Israelites hadn't gone on the offensive. Note that tthe places where this genocides took place would later fall under Israel. I think that looking at this issue without getting emotional would reveal that God was right in what He did.

Justice? By your idea of justice you wouldnt be born. human sacrifice was also pervasive in Nigerian tribes and Yaweh should have killed them all.

Think of Noah, think of the flood. Think of the innocent children and babies drowning. Choking slowly to death. Struggling to breathe in terror while water fills their lungs.

Yaweh is a monster
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by UyiIredia(m): 1:38am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Simple contradiction for you. How can god dislike incest but then allow Adam and Eve to engage in incest? Adam was the parent of Eve.

Eve was created seperately from Adam. Never mind that she was made from Adam's rib.

Logicboy03:
When I said that people like you were wicked you didnt believe me. You are foolish and wicked. Slavery in the bible was not evil? You also support the use of African slaves to work in American farms because they didnt have tractors in the 16th century?

How am I wicked ? BTW let's keep our conversation to the Bible. Talking about African slaves in American farms is an aside.

Logicboy03:
Justice? By your idea of justice you wouldnt be born. human sacrifice was also pervasive in Nigerian tribes and Yaweh should have killed them all.

Think of Noah, think of the flood. Think of the innocent children and babies drowning. Choking slowly to death. Struggling to breathe in terror while water fills their lungs.

Yaweh is a monster

God wouldn't be God if He couldn't take the life He so freely gave. People die everyday. As for the Nigerian tribes let's attribute that to God's mercies.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 2:28am On Nov 14, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Eve was created seperately from Adam. Never mind that she was made from Adam's rib.

How am I wicked ? BTW let's keep our conversation to the Bible. Talking about African slaves in American farms is an aside.

God wouldn't be God if He couldn't take the life He so freely gave. People die everyday. As for the Nigerian tribes let's attribute that to God's mercies.

I have nothing to say to you. You are a sick psychopath. You have no proper understanding of right and wrong.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by UyiIredia(m): 2:35am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

I have nothing to say to you. You are a sick psychopath. You have no proper understanding of right and wrong.

Just because you have nothing to say doesn't give you the right to start making things up about me. I am not a psychopath.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by onetrack(m): 9:54am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yaweh is a monster

My all time favorite has to be the story of Job. God lets poor Job be tortured tested with all kinds of difficulties, including his wife and kids dying, just because of a bet he made with Satan. God is the very essence of evil.
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2012
onetrack:

My all time favorite has to be the story of Job. God lets poor Job be tortured tested with all kinds of difficulties, including his wife and kids dying, just because of a bet he made with Satan. God is the very essence of evil.

Like I said, Yaweh is a monster!
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03:

Like I said, Yaweh is a monster!

And logicboy is, as always, a grand ediot. grin
Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

And logicboy is, as always, a grand ediot. grin
So you agree Yahweh's a monster?

2 Likes

Re: Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
Thank goodness u guys have started talking. I guess the gorilla balls I donated worked.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Again! Starts Mega Church In Ethiopia And Nazareth / Fake Preacher Rob Bell Who Questioned Hell Turns Self Help Guru On Oprah's Show / Why Do Some Muslim Clerics Dye Their Beards To Wine Colour??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.