Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! (16386 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
There are some news that just sounds like dreams!

America The Great is fallen!

Texas has reached the 25000 signatures for the petition for seccessation, what will be Obama's approach?

Now, Obama will likely react to it as if nothing is happening, but that might result in civil disobedience.

If civil disobedience starts, which of the wars will Obama prefer?

1. Roll out the tanks and raise Texas or
2. Attack a middle Eastern (Iran?) to start the 3rd world war?

Which ever way it goes, America has finally sank!

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Almost-50000-want-Obama-to-weigh-in-on-Texas-secession-179049481.html
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by redsun(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
If the story is true,that is the hate filled america trying to destroy itself.The people that will rather die than live by love and the people that thrive in oppression will go to any lenght to stop good.

The good americans voted for love,they voted for peace,hope and sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
Bros, it is very true.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
(White House petition page). Other states have started, but Texas have passed the minimum signatures required for government to respond.

http://cnntopstory..com/2012/11/online-petition-would-have-texas-secede.html
(This is from CNN top story).
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by lwise(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
it is getting serious
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by redsun(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
It is sad.That is exactly what the tea party wants.

Their only agony is that people are going to become equal and they will end up destroying themselves,because that is what evil does,it destroys itself at a point.

The only thing that endureth for ever is love.

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
They should make sure that while they are trying to secede, let them take a portion of the national debt. According to the Debt profile, every citizen has a share of $55,000 and more, so they should multiply that by their millions, let's see if they still want to exercise that option also...

SMH @ STUPIDITY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

4 Likes

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by kunlekunle: 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
redsun: It is sad.That is exactly what the tea party wants.

Their only agony is that people are going to become equal and they will end up destroying themselves,because that is what evil does,it destroys itself at a point.

The only thing that endureth for ever is love.

truth.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Mgbadike80: 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
I asked this same question on d other thread and none of this yankee nigerians answered it, instead they were busy maligning each other over nigeria and biafra. Pls can somebody tell me what happens now that the signatures have reached 25000.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Mgbadike80: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
It's on BBC now. How come american big media houses are not broadcasting it? Hypocrites
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by stevecantrell: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
MARSHAL LAW is around the corner

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by redsun(m): 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mgbadike80: It's on BBC now. How come american big media houses are not broadcasting it? Hypocrites

I am surprise this is the only place i have heard it so far.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mgbadike80: I asked this same question on d other thread and none of this yankee nigerians answered it, instead they were busy maligning each other over nigeria and biafra. Pls can somebody tell me what happens now that the signatures have reached 25000.

IMO, although I may be wrong because it's on federal level, but on state level and depending on states, when a signature has reached a certain amount, it doesn't really mean anything but it's an indication of interest. What happens next is that the state legislature will review the petition, it will go through FORMAL legislative process, before it's put on a state electoral ballot. After the ballot, the highest YES, the state will adopt it, and it becomes law.

Although, such signatures are often challenged rigorously through the judicial process, CA (ban of gay marriage) is an exemplary one. That case is about 6yrs old, and SCOTUS is yet to rule on the issue. As you can see, this is just a test phase, TONS AND TONS OF LAWSUIT will arise from this. Like I commented on a previous thread, by the time they are done, Obama would have finished his second term.

3 Likes

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Mgbadike80: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
^^ thanks for explaining. Nice to know that american judicial system can equally be hijacked into perpetual adjoinments.

3 Likes

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
Bwahahahahahahahaha

Martial law in Texas - the yanks have been planning for this for a long time, anyway...

Obama has Syria on his plate now, and his boy David Cameron has already started beating the war drums in the UK pretty much minutes after Obama won his re-election bid - freaking neo-liberals... undecided
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life: This is the petition I support -

[size=14pt]https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/strip-citizenship-everyone-who-signed-petition-secede-and-exile-them/ZbMjcwPf[/size]
This petition doesn't really hold water because majority of those people who signed the petition I'm willing to bet are citizens by birth and that can't be taken away from them.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mgbadike80: ^^ thanks for explaining. Nice to know that american judicial system can equally be hijacked into perpetual adjoinments.

How do you mean "perpetual adjournments"?

That it took up to 6yrs is not because of the adjournments, is because of the channel - though I do not remember the chain of events, however, it first started whan the state no longer recognized gay marriage. The people gathered signatures and then proposition 8 was created, it was put on it ballot, with A YES for majority.

Opponents filed several cases, it went through the state courts AND FINALLY at CA State Supreme Court. The court opposed the ban giving their reason. Like that was enough, opponents filed their appeal in the federal court, where the federal judge upheld the state supreme court and overturned the ban with a VERY LENGTHY DECISION, YET, opponents did not like the outcome. They filed an appeal to the federal courts of appeal, where they LOST AGAIN. Like that wasn't enough, this year, opponents filed to SCOTUS to review their position, where they're likely to LOOSE again.

This was a very lengthy process because it started from somewhere, I'm no attorney or lawyer, but like I read in papers, some of these cases took months before they could hear them because, third parties had to write their supporting/opposing views. It's on record that they were more than 500 interested parties that submitted their briefs, so YES, it was VERY LENGTHY and the court has to give time to allow parties to prepare and third parties to do to submit documentation for the side they're on.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life: They should make sure that while they are trying to secede, let them take a portion of the national debt. According to the Debt profile, every citizen has a share of $55,000 and more, so they should multiply that by their millions, let's see if they still want to exercise that option also...

gbam!!! let them carry part of the baggage with them....nonsense.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
watabambam:
This petition doesn't really hold water because majority of those people who signed the petition I'm willing to bet are citizens by birth and that can't be taken away from them.

Like I explained above, these petitions do not HOLD until legislative review is done, however, the one I supported, is that. While most are by birth, it can't be stripped, but hey, Congress is capable of anything.

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life: They should make sure that while they are trying to secede, let them take a portion of the national debt. According to the Debt profile, every citizen has a share of $55,000 and more, so they should multiply that by their millions, let's see if they still want to exercise that option also...

You know Texas has a right to secede, right?

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by cpacash: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
The whole world is watching with keen interest. Anyway, I learnt this is not the first time of such calls. It happened in 2004 also.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by ektbear: 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
meh
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by ektbear: 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

no, it does not
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

Did I say they don't have a right to do so? Isn't it enshrined in the U.S. Constitution - the right to institute a new government?

What I'm saying is if they have to go, let them take a share of their own debt, period.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Remii(m): 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Why not consider returning to their home countries after all only Indians are native Americans. Whites can all return to Europe where Christopher Columbus brought them from.

On a serious note, I hope they will not kill this Obama guy oo
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by JeSoul(f): 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
manny4life:

IMO, although I may be wrong because it's on federal level, but on state level and depending on states, when a signature has reached a certain amount, it doesn't really mean anything but it's an indication of interest. What happens next is that the state legislature will review the petition, it will go through FORMAL legislative process, before it's put on a state electoral ballot. After the ballot, the highest YES, the state will adopt it, and it becomes law.

Although, such signatures are often challenged rigorously through the judicial process, CA (ban of gay marriage) is an exemplary one. That case is about 6yrs old, and SCOTUS is yet to rule on the issue. As you can see, this is just a test phase, TONS AND TONS OF LAWSUIT will arise from this. Like I commented on a previous thread, by the time they are done, Obama would have finished his second term.
Well said.

@topic,
25,000 signatures is hardly a proper representation of the opinions of an est. 25 million Texans - infact is a very small percentage. While Texas may be a traditionally republican/conservative state, I think secession is a wee bit extreme...unless I'm out of touch with neo-texan politics - many are quite pissed Obama got re-elected.

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by manny4life(m): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
JeSoul: Well said.

@topic,
25,000 signatures is hardly a proper representation of the opinions of an est. 25 million Texans - infact is a very small percentage. While Texas may be a traditionally republican/conservative state, I think secession is a wee bit extreme...unless I'm out of touch with neo-texan politics - many are quite pissed Obama got re-elected.

It may even come down to the people of each state voting first if they want to secede or not. If the YES is about 3/4 of the population, then Congress will take them serious. As it affects the U.S., Congress "might" allow a legislative bill to know if the People of the U.S. will allow such, and that's a BIG FAT NO.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
JeSoul: Well said.

@topic,

Well said. Rick Perry laughed hard when his attention was drawn to it.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
ekt_bear:

no, it does not

It can leave the union if it wants to... According to the Texas Constitution, Texas is a free and independent state, subject to only the constitution of the United States... However, the POTUS and the US congress have no control over Texas...

Just read between the lines...

1 Like

Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by hotwax: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
They should make sure that while they are trying to secede, let them take a portion of the national debt. According to the Debt profile, every citizen has a share of $55,000 and more, so they should multiply that by their millions, let's see if they still want to exercise that option also...

This america and not Nigeria. They have the right if they want. Especially when china and muslims are running A̶̲̥̅​ xtian dominated country. They need to break that union.
Re: Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! by Chubhie: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
All through history, civilizations rise and fall. Lets see how America handles this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Death Toll In German Floods Rises To 81 (Video) / War In Sudan: Over 9 Million People Displaced / Migration To The UK Hit A 'record' 606,000 In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.