Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

The Economy Of Private Jet Ownership. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Economy Of Private Jet Ownership. (917 Views)

List Of Private Jet Owners In Nigeria (pictures) / President GEJ Said Private Jet Ownership Was Indication Of Economic Progress. / Nigeria Holds Record Of African Country With Highest Private Jet Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Economy Of Private Jet Ownership. by modicum: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
It is very important to educate some who really buy the excuse that owing a private jet by Pastors makes the work of getting around easier for them. That is NOT TRUE in any inference.

1) If private jets are a necessity in the first place, these guys can buy ones at less than $1 Million.Why buy gold-plated jets for $30M-$45M with all bells and whistles?

2) The cost of maintenance of private aircraft within the hangers and cost of running is 20 times more than flying first class. A trip from Lagos to London in a private jet for 5 days is enough to fly first class for several such trips in a year. Cost imperative is bad owing a private jet.

3) Having a private jet does not mean you can get into it and fly any time you want. You have to get series of permissions from your airport and your destination, and then you follow all same protocols other aircraft oblige to. Time and effort is severally more costly to own private jet. Its not like owing a private car.

4) Private jets cost a fortune keeping on the ground, so it is gulping money even when not in use. What sense is in that?

5) One yearly service call on a private jet is enough to keep several families happy all through the year. Why the waste, all in the name of showing "you are blessed".

Why this severe waste in a land where suffering is written in caps on people's faces? It is ungodly and outrightly wicked.

Corroborating my point is Warren Buffet. Here him

"Do you know that Warren Buffet owns the largest private jet manufacturing firm in the US? Yet he has never flown in one because he says "everyone who says they need a private jet to make important appointments is a liar". "They need it for their ego. Name me one of them busier than I am who owns more US corporations than I do". "I travel constantly across the US and the world in commercial jetliners, live in the same house since the 70s, still buy $9 ties and $75 suits and still drive my 22 year old immaculately maintained Lincoln". Buffet is one of the richest men in the largest economy on earth!"

British government DOES NOT OWN one jet because it is very expensive. The British Prime Minister flies BA. Think about that people. Call me names, call me whatever but you cannot fault the TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: The Economy Of Private Jet Ownership. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Very well said!!
Re: The Economy Of Private Jet Ownership. by markus1133: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
well spoken i shall say

(1) (Reply)

Dangote As President 2015 / CDS Advises Boko Haram To Form Political Party / Akpabio Forces Ibeno Community To Accept Mobil’s “insulting Relief Material”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.