Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) (43890 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Stayo90(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Naija no dey carry last
Bt one a serious note, instead of govt creatin more job opportunities they re abolishing d self creatd ones. Its nt gud enuf

tempex88: 9jerians are creative.....
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by oswardic(m): 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
9JA, WE TOO SABI THIEF.. HOW ARE WE SO SURE THIS IS NIGERIA?? UMMMM!!! IN MALI EVEN IN BENIN REP THERE, THEY USE SOMETHING LIKE THIS .. SO MAKE UNA PACK UNA LIES UP... TIME NO DEY
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

I am an engineer so I know all about making the impossible possible.. However, I am simply wondering how this picture works.. Two bikes, two different gear systems, two different brake systemts, Both brakes located originally on the right side of the bikes, both gear systems on the left side of the bikes.. How does he manage to work them and maintain a stable ride.. Or does he leav on bike on neutral and just ride one?! If so, what about braking?!

Basically, his design though ingenious, does not look plausible from here.. I need to see his design modifications upclose..

Take a chill pill and enjoy d humour in the pic. Y so serious with analysis all the time?! Chillax!!!
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Princessaleeza: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
vascey:

If only you know how many times this has been said in the history of man. From cave dwellers to space travellers, there was a lot of "I don't think its plausible".

IMO, its very creative. Given a few tweaks, you could have something. Admire the guys belief in his idea that made him follow through with his idea to create this contraption.
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by dartsidius7(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
obadiah777: PRECIATE YOU BRAH OH OK. MY MISTAKE. WOULD IT BE STRANGE IF A NIGERIAN BOUGHT A BRAND NEW KEKE MARWA AS A MEANS OF TRANSPORT FOR HIMSELF AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ? IF A FRIEND OF YOURS CAME TO VISIT YOU AND HE WAS CRUISING IN A KEKE MAWRA WOULD YOU LAUGH AT HIM ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva:
I doubt that very much.

Keke should be somewhere close to 380 -450000k
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by danjalingo: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva: That's pure stupidity. Instead of joining two bikes together why not just buy a keke Marwa.
i dont u know the price of keke.
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by urpee28(m): 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
man must survive oo
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

How about the back?! You know motorcycles use the 'CHAIN DRIVE' system to work.. My ultimate question now is how does he power both back wheels and have them move in perfect unism for a smooth ride.. Remember that the accelerator mechanism operates one bike at a time.. same as the clutch..

If indeed this works, I will love to see his mods..

i am curios too. even if one machine dont ve engine.the brake system how do u do dat. the only way is to change the motorcycles brake system to one dat can handle both okadas.
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 15, 2012
vanstanzy: I tot it would be a bike that goes invisible whenever it senses the presence of the cops or law enforcement officers. grin grin grin grin grin

We don dey watch too many james bond. But seriously na wetin I think as I open dis thread after noising sophia dis night.
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by InvertedHammer: 4:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Okija_juju: ...Am I the only one interested in knowing how this contraption can possibly work? ..

This is how it may work. You use it to carry 2 students to the campus. The one on the right jumps down and takes off.
The rider stops the bike and start chasing him/her. On coming back, the one on the left side is a gonner!
One of the skills of every okada rider is the ability to apprehend and fight whoever wants to evade payment.
This new invention has doubled the wahala for okada people especially the ones plying Uni and
secondary school roads
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by badesco(m): 6:41am On Nov 15, 2012
good innovation at least to sustain body and soul together
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by melomelo: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
Cutecharlz: Dats a good inventment and should be called DAKAO not OKADA
Should be called AKODA
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by dothis(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pls can sum1 tell me how much is a new 195/15c Firestone Tubless tyre.Urgent pls
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Neob04(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
Creativity
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
tempex88: 9jerians are creative.....
hmmm you call that join join creativity? He should have created his own not joining two already made okada together.
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by futurelion: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
at least his bike would not be a waste but something that can follow any kind of sharp corner to avoid hold up will do
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by ceetowl: 1:29am On Nov 16, 2012
Good idea. Av least they creat sometin they can improve on. That is where china ,india and other asia country start
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by ceetowl: 1:29am On Nov 16, 2012
Good idea. At least they creat sometin they can improve on. That is where china ,india and other asia country start
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Dede1(m): 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

I am an engineer so I know all about making the impossible possible.. However, I am simply wondering how this picture works.. Two bikes, two different gear systems, two different brake systemts, Both brakes located originally on the right side of the bikes, both gear systems on the left side of the bikes.. How does he manage to work them and maintain a stable ride.. Or does he leav on bike on neutral and just ride one?! If so, what about braking?!

Basically, his design though ingenious, does not look plausible from here.. I need to see his design modifications upclose..

What field of engineering did you study? To simplify your curiosity, one of the bikes is a dummy and it is only used for support and balance. The man only needed to figure how to get the breaking system applicable on both bikes to avoid over steer.
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by TeeBigday: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
LOL ! All Terrain Okada (ATO)
Re: Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) by Vallter192(m): 2:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Fashola dey use him brain, dis man too dey develop him brain.... No be small thing grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Time A Car Cost N3,984 In Nigeria In 1982 (Photos) / 6 Dead,many Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Lagos [photo] / All New BMW X3 Unveiled And You'll Definitely Love It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.