Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe (13739 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by frank317: 8:28am On Mar 10, 2013
eldoradoxx: first let me tell u this, giving tithe does not stop one from doing charity. Tithe is a non negotiable payment made to God from whatever he provides for u. He commanded it in the scriptures and if the man above decides to obey , he should not be castigated. When an expensive perfume was to be used to anoint Jesus shortly before his death, people around him murmurred that the woman should have used the money to help the poor! Did u remember what Christ told them. He replied that service to him shouldn't prevent them from also helping the poor around him. God stil does miracles and grants uncommon favour. I am a witness to that. No giver ever lacks ! NEVER. And God said that we should give our tithes and now prove him/challenge him and see if he will not bless u. Blessing of tithing isn't necessarily limited to financial, it could be taking away sickness, death, and anything that devours your resources. The greatest spiritual key to break through is tithing and I see no reason why a christain should resist paying his tithe. Tomorrow am gona pay my tithe with happiness, its me that needs blessings and not God that needs my tithe.

witness to what? tell me what you witness and i will show you someone who does not pay tithe and even is happier. you only attribute ur gooluck to ur tithe because you payed it. most testimonies that have been given by tithers happens to me, and ppple around me who do not pay tithe. u only attribute urs to ur tithe becos u pay. u and i know u will be lying if u claim you have never had set back in ur financial life since u started paying tithe, how then do u explain that?

beside u didnt adress my post, doesnt this seem funny and dubious to u?

frank3.16:

Wow.N228,760 for just tithe? How much is his salary? About 1 point somthing million? Why are u believing the contract was gotten as a result of his tithe? U think such a man who earns such amount monthly does not know anybody in high places? How long will we continue decieving ourselves? U think he will tell u what he did to win such contract. Pls leave all that whole miracle talk, u can get such contract without pressing button.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2013
What are d devourers tithers r afraid of? Sickness,debt,poverty,failure,accident,lack,death etc? Can a tither tell me he has never experienced any of this before(except for death -dat is if d person is still alive)? Attributing ur successes to tithe paying is like giving urself d glory thereby neglecting God-remember d pharisee dat was boasting.
tithe is wrong
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
frank3.16:

witness to what? tell me what you witness and i will show you someone who does not pay tithe and even is happier. you only attribute ur gooluck to ur tithe because you payed it. most testimonies that have been given by tithers happens to me, and ppple around me who do not pay tithe. u only attribute urs to ur tithe becos u pay. u and i know u will be lying if u claim you have never had set back in ur financial life since u started paying tithe, how then do u explain that?

beside u didnt adress my post, doesnt this seem funny and dubious to u?

Far above what u get from paying tithe is the happiness that comes in seeing that u ve obeyed God's commandment. That's all I ve got to say.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by eldoradoxx: 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
Segeggs: What are d devourers tithers r afraid of? Sickness,debt,poverty,failure,accident,lack,death etc? Can a tither tell me he has never experienced any of this before(except for death -dat is if d person is still alive)? Attributing ur successes to tithe paying is like giving urself d glory thereby neglecting God-remember d pharisee dat was boasting.
tithe is wrong
People are ready to conjour any thing to evade obeying what God himself commanded. Its so disheartening to read ur comment. Have u taken ur time to read Malachi 3? Who was speaking in that chapter? I rather obey God and pay my tithe, is it not mere 10% ? than do follow the multitude to hell.
Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
eldoradoxx: People are ready to conjour any thing to evade obeying what God himself commanded. Its so disheartening to read ur comment. Have u taken ur time to read Malachi 3? Who was speaking in that chapter? I rather obey God and pay my tithe, is it not mere 10% ? than do follow the multitude to hell.
yes it was God speaking but to d crook levites stealing from God and not we christians. For ur information,its man's voice u are obeying and not God's. Ur pastor told u little about tithes and u just swallowed it like it was God's word. God's word is d bible and if u read d entire of it u will realise dat wat ur pastor describes as tithe is quite different from what God called it.

2 Likes

Re: Proper Method Of Calculating Your Tithe by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

“We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors / How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. / The Cain And Abel Nature In Every Human Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.