Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database (785 Views)

Help Him Create Interdependent Fields Microsoft Access / Im A Java Expert Here To Teach Those Who Wants To Learn. / A Java J2me Application Developed By A Nigerian U Need To Have(must) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database by Danyl(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2012
hello house i have been battling with this issue for quite some time and i will like people to help contribute.
I intend to develop a quiz application but i want to use a java derby database. I'm using the netbeans and its has been working quite well but the problem is if i want to connect to the database from my codes the database is not running.
this is what i need help on:
1a. how can i retrieve fields from the table and store it in a label, though i know of ResultSet interface which could be used to store whatever is retrieved from the table, but its not working if someone can just give me a working sample based on the java derby database.
1b. how can i iterate through the fields i have retrieved such that i can scroll through it in the label, just like in quizes.

2. Do i have to bundle the java derby database into the main jar file for it to be accessible to the main program, or it can just be in the distributable (dist) folder
Re: How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database by naijaswag1: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database by Kennyinusa(m): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2012
I personally do not use Java DB but i also encountered such probs too, and solving it is quite simple.

First of all (introduction- Olamide)
You would need the Java DB driver, i do not know maybe you have it bundled with your IDE but you sha would need it.

Afterward you would have to specify that you project need to work on a JavaDB, just right click on your project then go to properties...

You should know that your ResultSet work as a List so... You can get your way around that by just going through some few materials...

Lastly Google is your friend
Re: How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database by Danyl(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Kennyinusa: I personally do not use Java DB but i also encountered such probs too, and solving it is quite simple.

First of all (introduction- Olamide)
You would need the Java DB driver, i do not know maybe you have it bundled with your IDE but you sha would need it.

Afterward you would have to specify that you project need to work on a JavaDB, just right click on your project then go to properties...

You should know that your ResultSet work as a List so... You can get your way around that by just going through some few materials...

Lastly Google is your friend
its already bundled with the Netbeans iam using, i can even log into the derby database, add the columns and tables. but the only is for me to access it from my codes but i will see to the google thing, if i can find my way around it. thanks.
Re: How Do I Retrieve Fields From The A Java Derby Database by Danyl(m): 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
naija_swag: Check this tutorial out http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ad-trifecta14/
thanks for the article....

(1) (Reply)

Programming / Help Pleas How Do I Use Database Created Via Wamp "Mysql Console" / How To Build Mobile Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.