Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? (6434 Views)

China Is Building Its First Military Base In Africa. America Should Be Nervous. / China Is World's Fifth Arms Exporter / China Is Better For Africa Than The West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 12:38am On Nov 15, 2012
It seems like Africans are naturally unintelligent. What can we do about this?

https://www.nairaland.com/1094411/eugenics-purify-black-race
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^The bolded struck a chord with me; zeroing your assertion down to Nigeria: same could be said about our ethnic groups that can be so territorial and possesive; esp' if it's a fellow nigger Nigerian who isn't from your ethnicity.....and 'screw' issues of qualification and merit; we no get time for all that nonsense angry.

Can you imagine the uproar if it was just one Nigerian ethnic group (instead of caucasians) that -by merit- owned and ran the oil comapanies like Shell, Chevron, etc?......blood for don flow by now!; but oyibo man?.......no wahala, make he dey exploit dey go; no wonder we are getting royally screwed in every way possible. wink

The issue of our useless elite/leaders selling us and our resources to the highest bidder is another story altogether.

And what's the correlation between your rants and the topic?? undecided
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 15, 2012
pleep: It seems like Africans are naturally unintelligent. What can we do about this?

Bwahahahhahahahaha

Probably, Africans in Africa... grin
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 15, 2012
pleep: Not the land, the mineral rights under the land. For example my grandmas village is on top of a natural gas reserve, the land istelf belongs to the villagers but the right to extract the resources belongs to the government.

The gov can sell it to anyone they want at any time. Its a horrible law.

Assuming this right to extract minerals was exercised would this mean displacement of land owners/eviction? Do mineral rights take precedence over land ownership? Anyone with more info on this please explain.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

And what's the correlation between your rants and the topic?? undecided

^^^If you didn't have your brain in your arrse, you'd have noticed i quoted and was responding to Nnennas' post.

I suppose you don't take the trash you've posted earlier on this thread as 'rants'? wink
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 12:50am On Nov 15, 2012
nnenna.1:

Assuming this right to extract minerals was exercised would this mean displacement of land owners/eviction? Do mineral rights take precedence over land ownership? Anyone with more info on this please explain.
I don't know what the official law is.

But it think the people are usually displaced with monetary con-pensation. (chicken shite money) i don't know the protocol If they still refuse to leave. In documentaries i have seen examples were foreign companies have established mining operations within feet of peoples homes, the health and enviornmental risks this entrails would make leaving the only option.

The foreign firms are also allowed to shoot people who 'trespass' on their mining claims.

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^If you didn't have your brain in your arrse, you'd have noticed i quoted and was responding to Nnennas' post.

I suppose you don't take the trash you've posted earlier on this thread as 'rants'? wink

If your IQ wasn't 69 like that of the average Nigerian, you would know my post wasn't a rant... It was an attack on the stupid propaganda and the propaganda machine trying to blame China for the inefficiencies of the Angolan and other African leaders...

Yours on the other has has no correlation whatsoever with the topic, yet you kept on ranting and raving like a freaking lunatic...
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by OkparaIgbo: 1:08am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

Wishful thinking...

Africa/Africans are too cowardly and stupid to form anything like OPEC... Gaddafi started the same thing when the AU was formed and that was the initial plan... However, how many African leaders and Africans supported him when the Western hawks came smashing through his front door?? Nigeria was among the first country to vote for intervention and recognise the rebel... And most Nigerians sided with the west without actually knowing what was going on in Libya... The dictator narrative got everyone cheering for the west - however, what you just proposed was his biggest sin...

Africans deserve whatever they get, to be honest...

God bless you very much Shymexx, I'm not in anyway stalking you but your comment above is excellent and you have shown that you actually read deeper than a lot of people would do. I weep for Africa because they (and I mean majority are fools and cowards). We swallow every nonsense from the western media and that was exactly why everyone stood still and let them come and kill our only human hope My hero Ghadaffi and now we are moaning that they are robbing Africa blind. Like you said where were the leaders when Ghadaffi was being hunted for committing the crime of calling all African countries to stick together and repel the imperialists. Mtcheww I really weep for Africa and I am so saddened to know that we didn't learn a thing from history cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:20am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

If your IQ wasn't 69 like that of the average Nigerian, you would know my post wasn't a rant... It was an attack on the stupid propaganda and the propaganda machine trying to blame China for the inefficiencies of the Angolan and other African leaders...

Yours on the other has has no correlation whatsoever with the topic, yet you kept on ranting and raving like a freaking lunatic...

^^^I chuckled a bit at the bolded....oh boy, see vex now!

Lemme break it down into bite-sized chunks for your puny little brain: the topic is on fears that China is buying up Africa, not so?; Nnenna made a valid point, and i quote: "We are only territorial when fellow Africans are involved. But we go from one white-skinned colonizer to the next - no wahala"; i agreed with her, and went on to use the Nigerian situation as a case in point......kapish, olodo?

You likewise chose to look at the issue from the 'Ghadaffi' angle, and i could equally have said you're going off on a tangent as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I chuckled a bit at the bolded....oh boy, see vex now!

Lemme break it down into bite-sized chunks for your puny little brain: the topic is on fears that China is buying up Africa, not so?; Nnenna made a valid point, and i quote: "We are only territorial when fellow Africans are involved. But we go from one white-skinned colonizer to the next - no wahala"; i agreed with her, and went on to use the Nigerian situation as a case in point......kapish, olodo?

You're a joker!! - not surprised, anyway... I was just telling you to "watch this space" before you turn the thread into another Yoruba vs. Igbo nonsense... The topic has no correlation whatsoever with your analogy. However, you and chic who drew the indirect comparison are the biggest whiners about other tribes attacking Igbos... Yet, you lot are fond of comparing every darn thing with the struggles of Igbo people... I bet you'll start crying again when the Yoruba hawks invade this thread... And people are territorial because the country is a tribalised country and it has been like that for eons....

If your pint-sized cro-magnon wasn't so useless, you would know that China's rise has been a peaceful one with NON-INTERFERENCE... They render the services you want for whatever you sell to them... Whatever you do after that is none of their business... You don't expect them to start spoon-feeding Africans on how to make effective use of these services, do you??

Perhaps, if Africans were not so weak and dumb, you lot would be able to use your resources judiciously without anyone taking advantage of you... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

You likewise chose to look at the issue from the 'Ghadaffi' angle, and i could equally have said you're going off on a tangent as well.

How did I go off tangent?

Someone suggested an OPEC-like institution and I gave an example(citing Gaddafi's proposal) of how it's never going to work in Africa...

You're ridiculously dumb, trust me...
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:42am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

You're a joker!! - not surprised, anyway... I was just telling you to "watch this space" before you turn the thread into another Yoruba vs. Igbo nonsense... The topic has no correlation whatsoever with you analogy - and you and I the chic who drew the indirect comparison are the biggest whiners about other tribes attacking Igbos... Yet, you lot are fond of comparing every darn thing with the struggles of Igbo people... I bet you'll start crying again when the Yoruba hawks invade this thread... And people are territorial because the country is a tribalised country and it has been like that for eons....

If your pint-sized cro-magnon wasn't so useless, you would know that China's rise has been a peaceful one with NON-INTERFERENCE... They render the services you want for whatever you sell to them... Whatever you do after that is none of their business... You don't expect them to start spoon-feeding Africans on how to make effective use of these services, do you??

Perhaps, if Africans were not so weak and dumb, you lot would be able to use your resources judiciously without anyone taking advantage of you... undecided undecided

^^^You know what lil' boy?....i'm just not in the mood for a back and forth this night, so i'll let it slide; or else i would have surgically dissected this last post of yours with the contempt it deserves.

You 'win'.....happy? wink
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 15, 2012
lol
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:43am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

How did I go off tangent?

Someone suggested an OPEC-like institution and I gave an example(citing Gaddafi's proposal) of how it's never going to work in Africa...

You're ridiculously dumb, trust me...

^^^OK.....calm down now.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 15, 2012
You're my son..

Go to bed, mate..
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 15, 2012
lol@me using this E-Fight as my Nba Pre-Game
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by BlackPikiN(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2012
$tunna:

Oh, the TV documentary was of 2 Americans who went broke after the housing bubble in the US and went to Ghana to mine gold and made $130.000 in 3 months (20.000.000.00Naira) and are now going back to make millions of dollars and they show them arriving in Ghana and some Chinese with big guns where already mining the land the 2 guys got permit for and payed the local chiefs for and there was no damn thing the men could do!! poverty stricken africans living in mud houses were shown helping the Chinese with the work and i felt like i was going to explode in anger...!

TITTLE: "JUNGLE GOLD" on the 'Discovery channel' if you live in North America

I watched this documentary 3weeks ago.

I shout for my room tire.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 3:28am On Nov 15, 2012
Wow that documentary really pissed me off... every time those crackers said "my famuhlee, my famuhlee" i felt like puking. As if white people are the only ones with families.

And don't get me started on those Chinese monkeys everywhere. Its like an infestation

2 Likes

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 15, 2012
^^^I have a question for you on that Eugenics thread. Will post there in a bit.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 6:01am On Nov 15, 2012
nnenna.1:
I am sorry to say this but Africans are such a weak and passive race of people.

We are only territorial when fellow Africans are involved. But we go from one white-skinned colonizer to the next - no wahala.

As a man thinketh, so is he. If our habit is to continue kneeling in submission to others then our thoughts of inferiority will continue to manifest as fact until proven otherwise.

Yes, until proven otherwise WE ARE INFERIOR.

I agree with you dude! See how @Tpia dismissed the issue saying it has nothing to do with Nigeria?
in the article, they say Chinese think black Africans are lazy and therefore refuse to use them as workers in the construction of the cities; n referencing that, I said a lot of people will not have the energy to read the entire article just so people would try and read all of it, still...
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 6:12am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

Why do you keep spamming everywhere with dailymail? - get a life, mate!

I'm gonna ignore you and ur daily mail rant...since I do not live in London and have no intention of coming there to ask people their opinion of the paper.

There are laws against plagiarism where I live and I'm obligated to include the source of my story...so, you can go ahead and throw around "spamming everywhere" accusation just to try and derail the topic but I'm just gonna ignore you on this for now.

Does anyone here work for the daily mail?? I don't.
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by esere826: 6:22am On Nov 15, 2012
mmh,...
interesting
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 6:24am On Nov 15, 2012
Horus: The fact is that Africans can only rise together. It is important to note that it is in the interest of Asia and the West for us to remain divided because they will retain a massive bargaining power over us. Africa is resource rich and if we worked together, we could form a price fixing cartel like OPEC for all our resources, in the process extracting a bigger portion of value from the global economic system.

I'm with you on this...! I know some people say just because Africans who tried in the past to come together failed, we should not even bother today...read Shymexx's response to you for confirmation!
Lets just give up, he says, lets not blame China ever, lets blame Africans! ... but could somebody tell Shymexx that there are said to be 64.000.000 such empty luxury units in dozens of ghosts cities in China and 10 Chinese still share a room in Chinese cities because they can not afford those new homes and the Chinese Goverment does not care!

...and no, that is not from the dailymail!
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 6:41am On Nov 15, 2012
pleep: It seems like Africans are naturally unintelligent. What can we do about this?

You see, the typical African's interpretation of intelligence in messed up! If this thread was about the European soccer league or Tonto Dike or any of such banner topic on "entertainment" the Africans who deemed themselves smart will be all over it and take it to 10 pages already! If it was the US elections or a topic about BB that is made in Canada...they will be on it! If this topic was on how well we speak or use the language of the English man...the professors will be here to correct every word I have used so far...since that is how we as Africans judge our intelligence!!

Talk about removing the Gold and diamonds that God left on our Lands, no way! Talk of eventually leaving the Earth for the Stars to continue life...no way, we say we love our Land ooo and have no plans to work hard to build machines to take us to the Stars!! ....but come Sunday morning; Same Africans flock to churches to beg God to fly them to Heave in the Stars for free through the rapture!!!

My brothers and sisters una nor see how the mind of the African works??
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by stunna2(m): 7:06am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx:

Wishful thinking...

Africa/Africans are too cowardly and stupid to form anything like OPEC... Gaddafi started the same thing when the AU was formed and that was the initial plan... However, how many African leaders and Africans supported him when the Western hawks came smashing through his front door?? Nigeria was among the first country to vote for intervention and recognise the rebel... And most Nigerians sided with the west without actually knowing what was going on in Libya... The dictator narrative got everyone cheering for the west - however, what you just proposed was his biggest sin...

Africans deserve whatever they get, to be honest...

please let's not try and make a Hero out of Gaddafi!!!
he reportedly stole $200 Billion of his people's money...you have any idea where he kept it?!!

Oh I forget...you gonna have us blame his people for being Cowordly and letting him get away with it for so long, right...but then again you blame them or the rest of us for killing him or letting him be killed - so, wither way - you are always right!?! Right? Smh

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/23/as-libya-takes-stock-muam_n_1027160.html
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2012
$tunna:

I'm gonna ignore you and ur daily mail rant...since I do not live in London and have no intention of coming there to ask people their opinion of the paper.

There are laws against plagiarism where I live and I'm obligated to include the source of my story...so, you can go ahead and throw around "spamming everywhere" accusation just to try and derail the topic but I'm just gonna ignore you on this for now.

Does anyone here work for the daily mail?? I don't.

However, it becomes problematic when your source is overly pro-west, anti-China, and a big propaganda machine...
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 15, 2012
$tunna:

I'm with you on this...! I know some people say just because Africans who tried in the past to come together failed, we should not even bother today...read Shymexx's response to you for confirmation!
Lets just give up, he says, lets not blame China ever, lets blame Africans! ... but could somebody tell Shymexx that there are said to be 64.000.000 such empty luxury units in dozens of ghosts cities in China and 10 Chinese still share a room in Chinese cities because they can not afford those new homes and the Chinese Goverment does not care!

...and no, that is not from the dailymail!

And there are also thousands of empty luxury units around the UK(almost all the cities in the UK except probably London), and thousands of people are homeless because they can't afford the rent... I bet there also thousands of luxury units of this nature in America as well, yet thousands of Americans are still homeless... So your point is?
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 15, 2012
$tunna:

please let's not try and make a Hero out of Gaddafi!!!
he reportedly stole $200 Billion of his people's money...you have any idea where he kept it?!!

Oh I forget...you gonna have us blame his people for being Cowordly and letting him get away with it for so long, right...but then again you blame them or the rest of us for killing him or letting him be killed - so, wither way - you are always right!?! Right? Smh

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/23/as-libya-takes-stock-muam_n_1027160.html

Yeah, the same $200 Billion the west have shared among themselves lol...

He "stole" $200 Billion, however, the same $200 Billion he allegedly "stole" was used to invest under Libya's name, not Gaddafi...

I don't fall for cheap propaganda and that's more reason why you need to upgrade your IQ and start thinking critically...
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by esere826: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2012
I am not taking sides here, but IMO I think we need to be more cautious of the west, and their media/PR machines.

They'll easily paint a white dog red in order to hang it
and paint a red dog white if it suits their purpose
Think Ghadafi, Mubarak, Mandela, Saudi Arabia

All they do is highlight flaws that they've always known these leaders or systems have
and we the gullible lap the messages and are whipped up into a frenzy

Even GEJ can suddenly be accused of war crimes in his fight against BokoHaram and dragged to the Hagues

They are extremely calculating. Make no mistakes about this
Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
We have fucking Chinese ppl and spic monkeys buying all the land in Africa, but all you people can argue about is whether or not the "daily mail" is a propoganda site? This shows everything that is wrong with black people.

Stick to the damn issue! All niggers do is fight each other instead of fighting the enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
^^^^Says the same guy that created a thread about the eugenics of black people smh... Probably, if you know the history of eugenics and black people, you would check yourself first, before trying to counsel other people...

BTW, China isn't the enemy... The rise of Africa and rapid growth of the economies of African countries in the two decades has been as a result of the Chinese investments in Africa... And hell yeah, Africa needs China - and every intelligent African would attack any form of propaganda trying to bring a discord between the mutually beneficial relationship between China and Africa...

1 Like

Re: Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? by pleep(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx: ^^^^Says the same guy that created a thread about the eugenics of black people smh... Probably, if you know the history of eugenics and black people, you would check yourself first, before trying to counsel other people...
I know 100X more about the history of eugenics and black people than you do.

ill get to the rest of your post later.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy / Picture Of 88 Year Old Paul Biya Of Cameroun Being Led To Podium For Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.