Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property (2592 Views)

Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) / SSS Ejects Kayode Are From Home In Lagos / Abuja Landlord Ejects Buhari Over N20 Million Rent - Newsdairyonline (2012) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by BlackPikiN(m): 1:25am On Nov 15, 2012
[size=15pt]SAN FRANCISCO, November 13, (THEWILL) – Controversial former Lagos State Governor and leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has taken over a prime property that was once the headquarters of Ikoyi-Obalande Local Government Development Area and relocated the local government secretariat to Obalende, a district in the commercial city of Lagos.

The huge and strategic parcel of land located at the junction of Alfred Rewane Road (Kingsway Road) and Glover Road in highbrow Ikoyi has been demolished to make way for prime construction believed to be blocks of serviced luxury flats.

The acquisition of the property is coming on the heels of the ACN’s defeat in the local government chairmanship election for Ikoyi-Obalende Local Council Development Area by the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) candidate, Mr. Ibrahim Babatunde Obanikoro.

The politician has also cornered the contract to reconstruct Glover Road using a proxy company P.W. Nigeria Limited.[/size]

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/17058.html

This man, Tinubu go collect Lagos state land finish.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by BlackPikiN(m): 1:28am On Nov 15, 2012
Though THEWILL has not been able to get details of the transaction, several sources say the politician is recklessly acquiring properties in prime locations across the state with the assistance of current Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN).

Tinubu’s acquisitions since he left office cuts across real estate, media and aviation. His company AlphaBeta Consulting collects all Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) for Lagos State and some ACN controlled states. It gets to keep a sizeable chunk for itself. AlphaBeta is believed to rake in as much as N7 billion naira monthly as commission for its work.

The politician is also believed to own FirstNation Airlines, The Nation Newspaper, stakes in Oriental Hotel Victoria Island, Renaissance Hotel Ikeja, Eko Hotel Lagos, and the yet to be completed InterContinental Hotel located along Kofo Abayomi Street, near the popular Mega Plaza in Victoria Island. Tinubu also owns TV Continental (TVC) and Radio Continental.

The former Governor who was engulfed in a University certificate scandal during his tenure as Governor, also owns a huge shopping mall complex in Alausa, Ikeja, popularly called Shoprite by its mainland patrons.

THEWILL gathered that the shopping complex was constructed on a large parcel of land believed to have been hijacked from the Lagos State Government.

In a similar gestapo-style move, the governor also bullied Lagosians and acquired the Lekki-Epe highway, reconstructed and tolled the road under a highly controversial agreement.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/17058.html
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:00am On Nov 15, 2012
I wonder what his networth/assets were b/4 he became governor compared with today; this is nothing but immoral, underhand, avaricious and primitive accumulation of wealth just for the heck of it.....and the Lagos state gov't is letting him get away with this daylight robbery.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by NegroNtns(m): 2:16am On Nov 15, 2012
........and guess what, we dont care if he acquires the land. You should be crying foul if his land acquisitiin is in Umuahai, but its not! So whats your heartache. The man is acquiring land on his own soil.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:59am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns: ........and guess what, we dont care if he acquires the land. You should be crying foul if his land acquisitiin is in Umuahai, but its not! So whats your heartache. The man is acquiring land on his own soil.

^^^Can you explain further please; Lagos is home to ALL Nigerians who pay school fees for their kids, set up businesses and pay taxs there.....so why do you reckon it's only Yorubas that should be interested in and have a right to voice their opinions about how the states resources are in the pockets of one individual, and how the state gov't is being run by proxy in the name of godfatherism?

Don't you know that if gov't tenders were opened up to a fairer competitive process, the state gov't could make more savings from contracts and sales, and more individuals will get opportunities that are presently being greedily coveted by one man?.....this in turn would lead to either lower taxes or larger state revenue?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by NegroNtns(m): 4:48am On Nov 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Can you explain further please; Lagos is home to ALL Nigerians who pay school fees for their kids, set up businesses and pay taxs there.....so why do you reckon it's only Yorubas that should be interested in and have a right to voice their opinions about how the states resources are in the pockets of one individual, and how the state gov't is being run by proxy in the name of godfatherism?

Don't you know that if gov't tenders were opened up to a fairer competitive process, the state gov't could make more savings from contracts and sales, and more individuals will get opportunities that are presently being greedily coveted by one man?.....this in turn would lead to either lower taxes or larger state revenue?

....it's difficult to separate your concern from your hatred. How much of similar concerns have you shown to address the nonsense your Eastern givernors are doing? Charity begins at home.....practice and effect transformative "concerns" in the eastern nugerian territory before you bring it acrosss the border into Yoruba nation.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Maxymilliano(m): 5:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Really won't be surprised if the news is real, he is simply leaving up to his 'ideals'. It is the same way LASPOTECH was moved from Ikosi to their permanent site at Ikorodu only for Tinubu to convert the space to his personal fiefdom and establish a private radio and TV station (Continental Broadcasting Service)...

This is the gospel truth of 'Progressiveness' as preached by Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by markus1133: 6:08am On Nov 15, 2012
not suprised at all
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:13am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns: ........and guess what, we dont care if he acquires the land. You should be crying foul if his land acquisitiin is in Umuahai, but its not! So whats your heartache. The man is acquiring land on his own soil.
Drink SMA progress today.

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by gbanikiti(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2012
and you see nothing wrong with it my friend? Na wa o! If tinubu acquires all the land in lagos,what would be left for people like you and other native lagosians? I can't believe you just wrote this! How many former lagos state governors have acquired so much lands like Tinubu? And you see nothing wrong with it because its his state? What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Pharoh: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2012
I don't know why people support somethings just because it is done by ACN politicians.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by GARRIx7(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2012
If the man is really as corrupt as some people want us to believe, then it's a shame if he's still walking as a free man....

What is ur PDP-led FG doing to bring this "THIEF" to book...

Smear campaign isn't the way to go. If you've got proof that he's corrupt, then blame GEJ and Co. For not doing their jobs...

EFCC, ICPC, CCB, SSS, NPF etc are all controlled by the PDP-led FG, yet they do nothing about ur "thief"...

I think you f00ls should give up on the smear campaign, it isn't working. While the man may not ßξ a saint, he's definitely not as corrupt as you'D want us to believe...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by NegroNtns(m): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2012
gbanikiti: and you see nothing wrong with it my friend? Na wa o! If tinubu acquires all the land in lagos,what would be left for people like you and other native lagosians? I can't believe you just wrote this! How many former lagos state governors have acquired so much lands like Tinubu? And you see nothing wrong with it because its his state? What a shame!

....if we allow foreigners to acquire land occupancy with no qualms, i dont see why we should restrict a son of the soil.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by suskumayaya(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2012
I don't believe everything i read. All i know is that ACN is Bad but PDP is worst.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by solomon111(m): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

....if we allow foreigners to acquire land occupancy with no qualms, i dont see why we should restrict a son of the soil.
Are you for real?
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by solomon111(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2012
GARRI (x7):
If the man is really as corrupt as some people want us to believe, then it's a shame if he's still walking as a free man....

Smear campaign isn't the way to go. If you've got proof that he's corrupt, then blame GEJ and Co. For not doing their jobs...

EFCC, ICPC, CCB, SSS, NPF etc are all controlled by the PDP-led FG, yet they do nothing about ur "thief"...

I think you f00ls should give up on the smear campaign, it isn't working. While the man may not ßξ a saint, he's definitely not as corrupt as you'D want us to believe...
So you are telling me that there is no govt in lagos state to bring him to justice?
Are you saying that the lagos state govt should turn a blind eye to every economic criminal in the state,just because the EFCC has not yet gotten involved.?
What is the duty of the Lagos state judiciary and house of assembly?
All hail the 'progressives'.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2012
Well as long as he is not acquiring these properties and collecting these taxes in Imo, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi he is not tresspassing.

Why is it that its Iboz that always cry more than the Yorubas that are suppose to?

What is it with your fixation with Tinubu, Fashola and Yoruba land in general Do we go asking why Chime.. Orji..Chekwas..and the others governors are acquiring in your states or are you saying none is acquiring properties over there too?

Wetin be your problem gangan sef??
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by GARRIx7(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2012
solomon111: So you are telling me that there is no govt in lagos state to bring him to justice?
Are you saying that the lagos state govt should turn a blind eye to every economic criminal in the state,just because the EFCC has not yet gotten involved.?
What is the duty of the Lagos state judiciary and house of assembly?
All hail the 'progressives'.

EFCC, CCB, ICPC, SSS, NPF.... which of them is controlled by LASG?? Abi na KAI and LASTMA go arrest am??

My point is that the PDP-led FG is in a better position to arrest nd prosecute him.... IF INDEED HE IS AS CORRUPT AS YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE..
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

This kind of reasoning circumscribes the potential of those drawn from the progressive wing of politics like no other.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Elueme: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Cheii! Some people are still in the primitive stage of life.. That is arrested development. I shake my head for you. Because it's Tinubu or ACN , you see nothing wrong but if it were any PDP member, this thread would have been in the 8 th page by now. Which way Nigeria!!?
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by SOHKAHTOA: 11:41am On Nov 15, 2012
I maybe tempted to say this nut is irredeemably a waste to his country but nope, I know he's more than what he's reducing himself to. Bro, wake up, it's dawn.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by solomon111(m): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2012
ilugunboy: Well as long as he is not acquiring these properties and collecting these taxes in Imo, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi he is not tresspassing.

Why is it that its Iboz that always cry more than the Yorubas that are suppose to?

What is it with your fixation with Tinubu, Fashola and Yoruba land in general Do we go asking why Chime.. Orji..Chekwas..and the others governors are acquiring in your states or are you saying none is acquiring properties over there too?

Well said.
Extremely brilliant reply.
What a genius.
Smh
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2012
solomon111: Well said.
Extremely brilliant reply.
What a genius.

Am not sold on your sarcasm.

Keep shaking your head till it falls of your neck...na your problem.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Idokojimmy: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
It is a pity. If this is what the so called opposition can give us, then PDP remains the best option. Just because PDP won that LG, he is trying to frustrate the council. They are gradually making PDP more formidable.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by bubadaniel13: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
This is not news,we all know TINUBU is capable of doing,my problem is the shamelessness most of these politicians exhibit,they only see the specks in other people's eyes while they have a big log in their s it's so disheartening,ACN has corrupt members like TINUBU but they only see PDP as corrupt,corruption is corruption whoever commits it.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
Idokojimmy: It is a pity. If this is what the so called opposition can give us, then PDP remains the best option. Just because PDP won that LG, he is trying to frustrate the council. They are gradually making PDP more formidable.
that is just the reason! So if PDP wins maybe in 2 other LG,then Tinubu and Fashola will fustrate them by taking their lands not forgetting they are also in Lagos.Now that Tinubu has taken the land,is Fashola expecting PDP to build another LG secreteriat? It is still Fashola and ACN that will build another secreteriat.so who is loosing?
What right does Tinubu have to eject a LGA from its headquarters that have been there for long?
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Desola(f): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2012

Haba! Olori oko, e je ka wa idi oun gbogbo, ka di eyi ti o n se otito mu. Aa gbodo laju wa sile ki talubo ko wo o. Ti iroyin yi ba je ooto, o di dandan ki a fariga.

ogun gbogbo awa omo eko ni ipinle eko n se o.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Desola(f): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
GARRI (x7):

well said, but we shouldn't have to wait for that mo.ron in aso rock. He is all for the rot and nothing would make him happier to see Yorubas rot.

If it must be, it is up to us.
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by gilmaro(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
ilugunboy: Well as long as he is not acquiring these properties and collecting these taxes in Imo, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi he is not tresspassing.

So because tinubu is yoruba now makes all his currupt practices legal,
Na wa for una ooh
Re: Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
gilmaro: .

So because tinubu is yoruba now makes all his currupt practices legal,
Na wa for una ooh

Far from it....!!

I won't support any illegality whatsoever. My grudge is when some people mischievously attempts to paint all the actions of either Tinubu or Fashola as wrong without verifying the story itself or reason for such action.

They do this with either tribal or political lens most often.

Let our critique of government actions be devoid of ethnic and political sentiments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: Why Al-mustapha And I Are Plotting A Tsunami – Dokubo-asari / Very Graphic: See Pics Of Boko Haram Militants Killed By Nigerian Troops / EFCC Arraigns UNIBEN Undergraduate Over $12,000 Internet Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.