Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English - Jokes Etc (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English (76486 Views)

Where Are My English Lords? Translate This Pidgin To Standard English (photo) / Pls Help Translate This Pidgen English To Proper English / How Will You Say This In Correct English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Shadydamsel(f): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Of what age are u older than me
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Cutex01(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
What is our age difference??
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
what is our age difference...
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
harlos: By how many years are u older tham me?
Than me is not formally accepted but Than I or Than I am.

So, it should be better to say, by how many years are you older than I?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Galaxydon1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
Like how many years are you taller than me.
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by 111jayjay: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
What is our age difference....... correct wink
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by enkoby: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
are you older than I am? by how many years?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by JNdupu: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wiz-Prince:
Hi Peeps, Lets Test Our English Knowledge.

I Know Some of You Thinks English Is Simple But i Bet You'll Find It Difficult in This Aspect!

...Please Translate

"HOW MANY YEARS YOU TAKE SENIOR ME"

To Simple and Correct English... Let The Fun Begin.

The original question sef, is not efficient. The beauty of pidgin, proper pidgin mind, is how it strips the language to the bare minimum. Simple, effective, understood.

So instead of the above, you should say

WETIN U TAKE SENIOR ME?

Contd ../
U WAN COME HERE BEGIN DO YANGA?
U DEY CRAZE, WAIT MAKE I COMOT SHIRT FOR BODI

(Sorry - got carried away - love ma pidgin oh)
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Galaxydon1: Like how many years are you taller than me.
It is properly correct to say, by how much length are you taller than I am?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Anubiri(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
What is our age difference
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Wallie(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
Since the question implies that the person asking the question thinks the listener is older, here's one of the more accurate translations:

You are how many years my senior?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wiz-Prince:

I Know Some of You Thinks English Is Simple But i Bet You'll Find It Difficult in This Aspect!

...Please Translate

in simple english you just ask how old are you, s/he gives you a figure and you do your own calculation in your head to find the difference
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by mosupreme: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
what is our age difference?am i right..............?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by adefash(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
seyi47: with how many years do you senior me with?
"senior" should not be used as a verb. Simply say "whats our age difference".
Nice post though. I thought i would just provide the answer but guy it took me serious mental calculation before i could come up with this anyway

1 Like

Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Denlightened(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
what is the age difference between the both of us
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Damlesky(m): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
How many years do u collect from me cheesy
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
How much older are you than me?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Ozegbe(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wiz-Prince:

...Please Translate

are u kidding me...u stole my question without making reference to me...and it made the frontpage...#just imagine.
check it out here...BTW somebody already got it.
www.nairaland.com/1086805/say-english-add-yours
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by tinuolababy(f): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
by how many years are you older than I am?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Dawdy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
How older are u than I?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by SisiKill1: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
ItsModella:
Wrong. Much is used for uncountable nouns, many is used for countable. So the correct thing is "how many" whether it is days, weeks or years.
No Much can also be used to define degree or extent.

So MUCH is very MUCH correct in this instance.
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
By how many years are you older than me?

Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Afam4eva(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
ogugua88: By how many years are you older than me?

Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by fflamingo(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
English na English abeg no comot my brain
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Wallie: Since the question implies that the person asking the question thinks the listener is older, here's one of the more accurate translations:

You are how many years my senior?
Indeed, starting a question with 'you are' is not proper. Why not say,how many years are you my senior?( which is not even correct). Senior means older in rank not age!
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by tinuolababy(f): 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
By how many years are Ɣ☺ΰ older than I?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by paris10: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
What if I say... "By what margin am I your junior?". This tends to eliminate completely the use of senior or other colloquials.
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by harlos: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
all4naija: Than me is not formally accepted but Than I or Than I am.

So, it should be better to say, by how many years are you older than I?
thank you
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by harlos: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Damlesky: How many years do u collect from me cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by chievo: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
miredia: . The morning dawn is long past due.
....Mbanu!!...The day is bein far spent....
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
By how much more years are you older than I am?
Re: Translate This Pidgin English To Correct English by nnalove(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
nxanadu: how old did u use to older than me
ur totaly wrong dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hilarous Photo On Oba Of Lagos Threat On Ibos / Hilarious: Photos Of Foolish People Doing Crazy Things / Funny Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs And Their Loose Translations ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.