Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. (10210 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / Smartphones With 13-megapixel Camera Discussion Thread / List Of Nokia Lumia Smartphones With Prices And Specifications In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by abdullkabar(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2012
Very soon,bendable cars,planes cheesy ...dis is called,i came,i say,i ......
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by ceejayluv(m): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2012
walescounis: Signs that the world is going to an end. Lol

Apple to also release water proofed smartphones before december 25. Trash!!!

There are water-proof smartphones in Japan already... One can use them in the shower...
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by hagma37yahoocom: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2012
Mehn wie all dis ideas are comin 4rm now na wa o naija make we try do one now
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by touchplay(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2012
ebamma: Oh Lord forgive me for i have sinned,i used my mb to click on this silly topic, Oh lord i promise never to do it again in the name of jesus christ your son amen
exodus 20:vs7 ;thou shall not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.for the LORD will not hold him guiltLESS that taketh his name in vain.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2012
WOW
Masters of innovation
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Am not buying it Period undecided
and?will the sun cease to shine,will Samsung stop innovating?you put too much importance in your self.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by kabaka1: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2012
charlsecy4: [size=14]I hope Apple won't sue them forrrrrrr, ehmmmmmmm?[/size]

Definitely not, Apple knows that it's a stupid idea for a phone, which won't gain much edge over the iphone
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by kabaka1: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2012
ehie: WOW
Masters of innovation

Yes, it's a great innovation, but doesn't change how a phone works. In fact it can make phones to look more like children's toys
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2012
it is still great innovation,all cars have the same function,and all cars have different functions, a car can take you from point A to Point B,but a ferrari is diffrent from a volkswagen,and a hybrid car is different from a non hybrid car
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by olaolaking: 10:27am On Nov 16, 2012
What do they use to do the screen, Glass or rubber?
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Maleeq(m): 10:29am On Nov 16, 2012
charlsecy4: [size=14]I hope Apple won't sue them forrrrrrr, ehmmmmmmm?[/size]
Funny thing is that even though Apple isn't this technology innovator, its has just last month submitted dozens of patents covering flexible screens! (Source1, Source2). Judging by the joke the US patents system has become, Apple just may be awarded patents over Samsung/LG with these tech in place already.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Maleeq(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2012
kabaka1:

Definitely not, Apple knows that it's a stupid idea for a phone, which won't gain much edge over the iphone
Apple fan boy, do your research atleast before you blindly support Apple. Read this link or any of the 2 in my previous post: Apple & Flexible Displays.

When you are done read, come back an apologize for your ignorance! cheesy

kabaka1:

Yes, it's a great innovation, but doesn't change how a phone works. In fact it can make phones to look more like children's toys
You gotta be kidding, right? Riddle me this, when Apple released the "never been seen before" rectangle with rounded-edges, you fanboys scream "Great innovation" !! I've known rectangles since kindergarten!
or is it the "slide to unlock" that is greater than this that affects how a phone works? Sorry o! You've lost this round of argument over innovation.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Dabss(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2012
Hmm this one will have 30 mins battery life.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2012
how? did u even bother to watch the embed youtube vid? that thing will have mad battery efficiency. read up on how screen lcd/AMOLED works presently and u will quickly see how this is much much more power efficient.

anyway 5 yrs ago if you were told phones would have screens that were practically unscratcheable u would think t was impossible. go try gorilla glass 2.

after them go say samsung no dey innovate. all the lawsuits in the world wont stop this company
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2012
BashToks: Its probably all GBEF jare... can't find any reputable news site talking about it.. Maybe in 5-10 yrs from now!

u did not see this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEHp15Hoo0

better stop browsing with series 4 nokia
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by caukerzee(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Am not buying it Period undecided
Let of remind you in case you've forgoten.
World population=6.5billion people. incase you wanna start feeling important. if you seize to exist today, the world will still contiue as tho u never existed. you speak as if, if you dont buy their device the company will go bankrupt. let me remind you again, you are jus 1 in 6 500 000 000 people. count the zeros and comeback again.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by caukerzee(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2012
kabaka1:

a ferrari and a pegeou 504 got the same basic funtions, that is to move from one place to another. but you dont need to be told which the average human will pick if he was given an opportunity to choose between the either of them.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by caukerzee(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2012
olaolaking: What do they use to do the screen, Glass or rubber?
plastic/rubber
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by 5much(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2012
cant wait to lay my hands on d phone.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by SisiKill1: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
OMO IBO:
I'm sure I read this somewhere . . . 2 months ago or there about.

It also said in 100years time technology would've been exhausted. Then the human race will go back to throwing stones to catch someones attention.

Really? You read that somewhere? shocked

Hmmmm, Maybe I should go apply for an ideas person job for phone manufacturers because I totally made that up. On the other it is not particularly innovative...I mean it is the only logical conclusion considering the leaps they are making with technology these days.

In them days of phone line dialup modems, if someone had said we would be able to access the world wide web outside the comfort of our homes we would have told them to GTFO yet here we are today... that was just some 15yrs ago.

Anyhoo, I guess I will be sticking to my day job.
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Samsung To Release Smartphones With Bendable Screens. by bigt2(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Am not buying it Period! wink i'll rather wait till the price drop undecided
dude, methinks i jez copleted ur sentence!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / Glo Sim Activation / Opsson IVO 8800 Genesis With 1GB R.A.M – Full Specifications & Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.