Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) (3726 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. / 10 Basis For Scripture Interpretation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Well I am not surprised. There are atheists who dont understand science.

No offence logicboy but u do have issues. U seem to be very pompous and agressive.
U attack and challege people with joy but when someone does challenge u, u get agressive.
Thats a big weakness which exposes insecurity and incompetance.

U have been on this forum for way longer time than I have but its seems I have learnt more than u...and no, not about science, but about life. I have learnt to be more tolerant, considerate and less agressive. I have learnt to put myself in the shoes of others before taking some actions. I have learnt to be fair and reasonable and to do what will make the world a better place, not neccessarily my own dream world.

Circles of bloody and futile battles have tired me, but it seems they strenten u.

1 Like

Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
inurmind:

No offence logicboy but u do have issues. U seem to be very pompous and agressive.
U attack and challege people with joy but when someone does challenge u, u get agressive.
Thats a big weakness which exposes insecurity and incompetance.

U have been on this forum for way longer time than I have but its seems I have learnt more than u...and no, not about science, but about life. I have learnt to be more tolerant, considerate and less agressive. I have learnt to put myself in the shoes of others before taking some actions. I have learnt to be fair and reasonable and to do what will make the world a better place, not neccessarily my own dream world.

Circles of bloody and futile battles have tired me, but it seems they strenten u.

I am aggressive no doubt. Arrogant at times as well.

But I AM DAMN RIGHT ON THIS TOPIC! cool

Ask Anony, I am a cool guy in real life. However, arrogance sells on the internet cool
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am aggressive no doubt. Arrogant at times as well.

But I AM DAMN RIGHT ON THIS TOPIC! cool

Ask Anony, I am a cool guy in real life. However, arrogance sells on the internet cool

But what exactly have u gained from it. I mean, everybody else thinks they are right.
How many people on nairaland have u been able to convert?

I was reading ur thread about JeSoul and I realised that, upon all u wrote about her, she's still a christian.
I have also realised that most pple don't change their beliefs through the arguments of others, but by thinking for themselves. People are way to proud to be convinced by others.

So what exactly is ur goal?
To make theists like u? To make them tolerant of u? Or just to have fun?

1 Like

Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
By the way, I actually support ur idea in the argument, I just don't think u were able to put it right.
I know its meant to be a summary, but u could have made ur argument more justified. It wasn't too clear.

And u insulting theists did not help matters at all.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
inurmind: By the way, I actually support ur idea in the argument, I just don't think u were able to put it right.
I know its meant to be a summary, but u could have made ur argument more justified. It wasn't too clear.

And u insulting theists did not help matters at all.

What didnt I make clear? Because, I believe that my point was made clear.

I know the abuse doesnt help but its hard to keep cool when people are wrong and they claim that you are the one that is ignorant. It takes patience.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
inurmind:

But what exactly have u gained from it. I mean, everybody else thinks they are right.
How many people on nairaland have u been able to convert?

I was reading ur thread about JeSoul and I realised that, upon all u wrote about her, she's still a christian.
I have also realised that most pple don't change their beliefs through the arguments of others, but by thinking for themselves. People are way to proud to be convinced by others.

So what exactly is ur goal?
To make theists like u? To make them tolerant of u? Or just to have fun?

Jesoul could be an atheist but still using the christainity as a cover. Who knows?

It took me years to change my beliefs. Jesoul took 4-5 years for her transformation (thanks to the other atheists who were around that time)

I want to serve as the catalyst for the change in belief. Look at Ijawkid, he doesnt know it but he is even becoming very tolerant of atheists. The best change is gradual.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Jesoul could be an atheist but still using the christainity as a cover. Who knows?

It took me years to change my beliefs. Jesoul took 4-5 years for her transformation (thanks to the other atheists who were around that time)

I want to serve as the catalyst for the change in belief. Look at Ijawkid, he doesnt know it but he is even becoming very tolerant of atheists. The best change is gradual.

Cool! But u have to keep ur cool. Nobody's going change when u are agressively trying to impose ur beliefs on them.
And its not really about how much fact u have and how little the other person has, but how u are able to package and present the facts and also urself.

Have a great night.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 4:56am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol, Evangelist Logicboy shares his conversion story. You would make a half-decent atheist apologist if only you learnt a bit of logic. For now, you are just a bigot.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 5:00am On Nov 17, 2012
inurmind:

Cool! But u have to keep ur cool. Nobody's going change when u are agressively trying to impose ur beliefs on them.
And its not really about how much fact u have and how little the other person has, but how u are able to package and present the facts and also urself.

Have a great night.
While I agree with your advice to your brother in the faith, it is interesting how you use the word beliefs here. I thought atheism was not a belief. Lol. You guys amuse me sha. Time to call a spade a spade wouldn't you agree?
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 5:16am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

We get value from a god that

-you can not prove
-you are confused about (Is Jesus god or is Jesus man?)
-endorses slavery in the old testament
-commits genocide
-is jealous

Furthermore, which god? Allah, Zeus, Shiva?
Lol, there is only one God and I know Him. What proof would you accept for Him?

You are seriously deluded. You choose to ground your values on something that you cant prove or even give empirical evidence for. Wouldnt it be a better and more logical thing to acknowledge that human life has value because of the need for survival. It has value because we want to live. Our decisions are centered around our survival. Life in itself holds value to the living that lives it because death in itself is the nullification of experiencing the life.
Lol, what exactly is the value of human life? Is it more valuable than the life of a cockroach? Mind you both want to live.

There has been empirical evidence and and tudies on the issue of survival and animal behaviour. Something tangible and scientific to this morality, yet you choose the immaterial and possible non-existent to ground your values in.
What exactly have those empirical studies proven about the basis for morality?

Fail. All I claimed was that sharks engage in cannibalism more commonly not infanticide. For you to mention sharks with infanticide means that you were ignorant of this fact

You, on the other hand were contradicting yourself. But that is another story
Lol, do shark kill their young or not? Also notice here that the same nature that detests cannibalism for one animal allows it for another. How does cannibalism help with survival? Is cannibalism good or evil and why so?

The focus here is infanticide and evolution. You have no point. The evolutionary reason for infanticide is of two fold.

1) A mother kills babies that are deformed or have less chance of survival to focus on the ones who are fit. (Morality/instincts from survival)

2) An adult kills a baby to eat. Eating, feeding to survive. (Morality from survival)
Lol, so if a shark does not eat it's youmg, it won't survive?

Thanks logicboy, when next I'm hungry, I'll eat my children...it's all about survival isn't it? Lol, as usual you score zero points for logic

So I have shown you the evolutionary basis for infanticide (survival of the mom and more viable offspring) and caring for offspring (survival of the offspring). I fail to see what your problem is.
The question that will make this relevant to our discussion. Is infanticide good or evil?
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
While I agree with your advice to your brother in the faith, it is interesting how you use the word beliefs here. I thought atheism was not a belief. Lol. You guys amuse me sha. Time to call a spade a spade wouldn't you agree?

Belief is simply what u believe in. I believe there is no god. Whats the problem here?
And pls don't use the term brother in faith again, way too weird and unlike atheism.
I'd prefer ''brothers in enlightenment''. Though thats also weird.
I guess we are just normal human beings trying to live, learn and give. We don't really need some ego filling title.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by cyrexx: 5:45am On Nov 17, 2012
^^

he is projecting the brotherliness attitude of his religion on you. They normally project their ideas falsely on non-christians. E.g. they believe atheism is a religion, they believe atheists are angry with god, they believe atheists are people who wants to live an immoral life devoid of yahweh's commandments etc etc
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 6:02am On Nov 17, 2012
inurmind:

Belief is simply what u believe in. I believe there is no god. Whats the problem here?
And pls don't use the term brother in faith again, way too weird and unlike atheism.
I'd prefer ''brothers in enlightenment''. Though thats also weird.
I guess we are just normal human beings trying to live, learn and give. We don't really need some ego filling title.
Lol, of course of course......it is not like I was expecting you to agree with me outrightly. Lol, so it is a belief but not a belief abi? You are entitled to your beliefs all the same. Lol
Even funnier is "brothers in enlightenment" more like "brothers in darkness" if you ask me.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 6:06am On Nov 17, 2012
cyrexx: ^^

he is projecting the brotherliness attitude of his religion on you. They normally project their ideas falsely on non-christians. E.g. they believe atheism is a religion, they believe atheists are angry with god, they believe atheists are people who wants to live an immoral life devoid of yahweh's commandments etc etc
Lol, doesn't it go both ways? Y'all normally falsely project your beliefs on christians e.g. y'all believe christianity is a religion, y'all believe that faith is incompatible with reason, y'all believe that God ought to have a creator, y'all believe that God created evil etc etc
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, Evangelist Logicboy shares his conversion story. You would make a half-decent atheist apologist if only you learnt a bit of logic. For now, you are just a bigot.

Bigot how?

You have the nerve to call me a bigot when you use words like "atheist apologist" or "evangelist" to describe atheists. How ironic. Fail!!!!
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2012
I knew we would get to this point. A point where the evidence and logic works so much against you that you'd have to resort to asking silly irrelevant questions and mocking.

Mr_Anony:
Lol, there is only one God and I know Him. What proof would you accept for Him?

Only one god? Christians cant decide who god is- whether Jesus is man or not, talkless of even providing empirical evidence for him. You are not making any sense. Hanging your morality on nothing.

Silly question; What proof do you require of him? Normally someone would provide the evidence rather than ask what kind of evidence do you require.

Ypu define your god and put evidence for him and your moral grounding.

Mr_Anony:
Lol, what exactly is the value of human life? Is it more valuable than the life of a cockroach? Mind you both want to live.

Silly question. Very irrelevant. After being destroyed on your use of "sacred" you now want to shift to the "exact value" of human life? What kind of silly and irrelevant question. The exact value? What answer do you expect? 1 million dollars for a small Nigerian kid? The exact value has nothing to do with the whole evolutionary basis of morality; living things try to survive and they get instincts from that trying to survive. simple

Now, this is where you get silly. You act like I havent explained that human life is valuable to the human because the human by default aspires to live to survive. Is a cockroach the same species as human?

Mr_Anony:
What exactly have those empirical studies proven about the basis for morality?

Silly question- what have I been saying on this thread all this while? Did you read the op? Did you look at the links left? You ask this question as if I have not been explaining away and away. You ask this silly question only to frustrate

Mr_Anony:
Lol, do shark kill their young or not? Also notice here that the same nature that detests cannibalism for one animal allows it for another. How does cannibalism help with survival? Is cannibalism good or evil and why so?

Silly question again. Very silly. You have acted like a blockhead towards all that I jhave explained so that I can repeat what I have explained in frustration. undecided

Sharks can kill their young. Cannibalism occurs in the animal world. However, you will notice that animals will become cannibals if there is no other ready source of food. Survival. I have explained this before. This is the last time you act foolish, please.

By the way, what do you mean that nature "allows" cannibalism? Can it reject cannibalism?

Why would you ask if cannibalism is evil? Are you still using your primal instincts/morality in a shortage of food or do you have a brain to also logically reason out the problem with cannibalism?

Mr_Anony:
Lol, so if a shark does not eat it's youmg, it won't survive?

Silly question. If you dont soak garri, would you survive?

Why do animals eat in the first place? To survive. Do sharks eat their young always or so frequently? No. but remove all their prey and it could get ugly.

Mr_Anony:
Thanks logicboy, when next I'm hungry, I'll eat my children...it's all about survival isn't it? Lol, as usual you score zero points for logic

Mockery and foolery. The evolutionary basis starts from your primal instincts. We then use our brains to reason things out.

First off, you are not starving without any other source of food.

Secondly, yo can weigh the problems of doing so with your brain.

BTW, can you give me a biblical reason to not eat dead people?

Mr_Anony:
The question that will make this relevant to our discussion. Is infanticide good or evil?
[/quote]

Irrelevant question. I have already explained this. Infanticide is evil n certain circumstances;

1) Evolutionary instincts prohibit infanticide (survival of the young and future of the species) except where there is little chance of survival of the infant or the adult has to eat it o survive because of lack of food or the survival of the adult is at stake.

2) We have evolved brains to take us beyond our primal animalistic instincts. We add reasoning to these instincts and so we weigh the pros and cons to find out that infanticide is evil in many cases but might be justified in some

I know you want to shift the argument to abortion. Gladly. Cos you will be debunked. cool
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 7:31am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Bigot how?

You have the nerve to call me a bigot when you use words like "atheist apologist" or "evangelist" to describe atheists. How ironic. Fail!!!!
Lol, calling you an athiest apologist/evangelist is actually me putting it mildly.

Apart from the fact that you have separate beliefs, the only other difference between you and your boko haram counterparts is that they are bold enough to back up their hate for other religions with physical violence. You are not so bold so you resort to verbal abuse by insulting people from behind a keyboard. All the same I rather prefer you this way; the world has seen enough religious bloodshed already.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, calling you an athiest apologist/evangelist is actually me putting it mildly.

Apart from the fact that you have separate beliefs, the only other difference between you and your boko haram counterparts is that they are bold enough to back up their hate for other religions with physical violence. You are not so bold so you resort to verbal abuse by insulting people from behind a keyboard. All the same I rather prefer you this way; the world has seen enough religious bloodshed already.

See how deranged you are? You still use the words "atheist apologists" or "evangelists" even when told and explained that you are wrong and insulting. This is the hallmark of fundamentalism and bigotry.

You are truly projecting here. You are projecting your hate of atheists towards me, thinking that I hate religions. Fail.

I only insult when I am insulted. Ido not lie about religions. I use their holy books to talk about them. You on the other hand, keep lying about atheism and keep treating it like a religion.

Fail
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03: I knew we would get to this point. A point where the evidence and logic works so much against you that you'd have to resort to asking silly irrelevant questions and mocking.

Only one god? Christians cant decide who god is- whether Jesus is man or not, talkless of even providing empirical evidence for him. You are not making any sense. Hanging your morality on nothing.

Silly question; What proof do you require of him? Normally someone would provide the evidence rather than ask what kind of evidence do you require.

Ypu define your god and put evidence for him and your moral grounding.

Silly question. Very irrelevant. After being destroyed on your use of "sacred" you now want to shift to the "exact value" of human life? What kind of silly and irrelevant question. The exact value? What answer do you expect? 1 million dollars for a small Nigerian kid? The exact value has nothing to do with the whole evolutionary basis of morality; living things try to survive and they get instincts from that trying to survive. simple

Now, this is where you get silly. You act like I havent explained that human life is valuable to the human because the human by default aspires to live to survive. Is a cockroach the same species as human?

Silly question- what have I been saying on this thread all this while? Did you read the op? Did you look at the links left? You ask this question as if I have not been explaining away and away. You ask this silly question only to frustrate

Silly question again. Very silly. You have acted like a blockhead towards all that I jhave explained so that I can repeat what I have explained in frustration. undecided

Sharks can kill their young. Cannibalism occurs in the animal world. However, you will notice that animals will become cannibals if there is no other ready source of food. Survival. I have explained this before. This is the last time you act foolish, please.

By the way, what do you mean that nature "allows" cannibalism? Can it reject cannibalism?

Why would you ask if cannibalism is evil? Are you still using your primal instincts/morality in a shortage of food or do you have a brain to also logically reason out the problem with cannibalism?

Silly question. If you dont soak garri, would you survive?

Why do animals eat in the first place? To survive. Do sharks eat their young always or so frequently? No. but remove all their prey and it could get ugly.

Mockery and foolery. The evolutionary basis starts from your primal instincts. We then use our brains to reason things out.

First off, you are not starving without any other source of food.

Secondly, yo can weigh the problems of doing so with your brain.

BTW, can you give me a biblical reason to not eat dead people?

Irrelevant question. I have already explained this. Infanticide is evil n certain circumstances;

1) Evolutionary instincts prohibit infanticide (survival of the young and future of the species) except where there is little chance of survival of the infant or the adult has to eat it o survive because of lack of food or the survival of the adult is at stake.

2) We have evolved brains to take us beyond our primal animalistic instincts. We add reasoning to these instincts and so we weigh the pros and cons to find out that infanticide is evil in many cases but might be justified in some

I know you want to shift the argument to abortion. Gladly. Cos you will be debunked. cool
Yawn........fuss over petty details all you want, the underlying argument remains that nature/evolution has no will/purpose and as such cannot ascribe value to any particular organism over another and as a result cannot possibly serve as a basis for morality.

Until you can properly show me "nature's value system". your argument remains void.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 7:46am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

See how deranged you are? You still use the words "atheist apologists" or "evangelists" even when told and explained that you are wrong and insulting. This is the hallmark of fundamentalism and bigotry.

You are truly projecting here. You are projecting your hate of atheists towards me, thinking that I hate religions. Fail.

I only insult when I am insulted. Ido not lie about religions. I use their holy books to talk about them. You on the other hand, keep lying about atheism and keep treating it like a religion.

Fail

Of course you only insult when insulted. In fact I witnessed Uyi Iredia's "grevious insult" to you here:
Uyi Iredia:
I already knew that which is why I tackled one of your examples and pointed out that you assume morality without telling us how the brain developed it. The bolded is an example of how you assume morality. You just said that natural instincts serve as morality without giving an explanation as to how it does.

to which you replied by calling him a fool and a foolish troll:
Logicboy03:
You didnt read the article I wrote. Fool

Foolish troll.
Did you miss the part where I said that survival is our basic natural instinct? We shape many decisions around our survival. Please, read the damn article and stop asking questions that have been answered.

Obviously you don't lie about other religions, you only just lie about what you do. Lol...what a liar you are.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Yawn........fuss over petty details all you want, the underlying argument remains that nature/evolution has no will/purpose and as such cannot ascribe value to any particular organism over another and as a result cannot possibly serve as a basis for morality.

Finally, Anony is cracking! cheesy

1) Who said evolution has a will or purpose? Do you like straw men? You have to be ignorant to read the op and my comments and make such an argument. The argument is simple; we as living things need to survive and our basic instinct to survive forms a basic morality for us.

Natural selection is a natural system that forces the "value" of survival (life) on living things. You dont have the means to survive, you die. You want to survive? You need instincts.

Mr_Anony:
Until you can properly show me "nature's value system". your argument remains void.

Unless I address your straw man, my argument remains void? Has it really come to this?

Fail!
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 7:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Finally, Anony is cracking! cheesy

1) Who said evolution has a will or purpose? Do you like straw men? You have to be ignorant to read the op and my comments and make such an argument. The argument is simple; we as living things need to survive and our basic instinct to survive forms a basic morality for us.

Natural selection is a natural system that forces the "value" of survival (life) on living things. You dont have the means to survive, you die. You want to survive? You need instincts.

Unless I address your straw man, my argument remains void? Has it really come to this?

Fail!
Lol, I keep assuming that you understand logic and it keeps backfiring. My apologies, I as low as I rate you, I still manage to somehow rate you higher than you truly are in the logic department.

So you are saying that evolution is purposeless? If evolution is purposeless, how then does it serve as a basis for morality?
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Of course you only insult when insulted. In fact I witnessed Uyi Iredia's "grevious insult" to you here:

to which you replied by calling him a fool and a foolish troll:

Obviously you don't lie about other religions, you only just lie about what you do. Lol...what a liar you are.

Anyone can read Uyi Iredia's first two comments which clearly show that he did not read the OP and he was just pulling nonsense questions to try to show that
evolution is wrong.

That is an insult to my intelligence and a matter of trolling. I have no remorse and I am very jutified in calling him a foolish troll. Next time he would read the article first, rather than jumping the gun to spout whatever nonsense he doesnt understand about evolution.

So Anony, you fail at calling me a liar. Can you try again?
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

Anyone can read Uyi Iredia's first two comments which clearly show that he did not read the OP and he was just pulling nonsense questions to try to show that
evolution is wrong.

That is an insult to my intelligence and a matter of trolling. I have no remorse and I am very jutified in calling him a foolish troll. Next time he would read the article first, rather than jumping the gun to spout whatever nonsense he doesnt understand about evolution.

So Anony, you fail at calling me a liar. Can you try again?
Of course knowing how self-righteous you are, I didn't expect you to see your flaws. Nothing worse than a bigot that doesn't know he is a bigot. I rest my case
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I keep assuming that you understand logic and it keeps backfiring. My apologies, I as low as I rate you, I still manage to somehow rate you higher than you truly are in the logic department.

So you are saying that evolution is purposeless? If evolution is purposeless, how then does it serve as a basis for morality?

Does gravity have a purpose? then why does it serve as a basis for human design and architecture?

Evolution does not have a purpose. You project god unto morality and that is why you make the failed assumption that purpose drives morality because your god supposedly has a purpose for humans.

We survive. We adapt to our environment. The basic instincts that we have are necessary to meet our goals for survival and adaptation. These instincts serve as a basic morality for us humans which we then hone with reasoning and social interactions.

oops! did I debunk you cool
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Of course knowing how self-righteous you are, I didn't expect you to see your flaws. Nothing worse than a bigot that doesn't know he is a bigot. I rest my case

For me to be a bigot, I have to be bigoted against something. What is it that I am bigoted against? Christianity? When numerous times, i have even defended the catholic church (a position I dislike) from protestants and christians from muslims here on Nairaland.

Please, tell me?

You on the other hand, cant stand atheism. You have to lie that atheism leads to satanism and defend the bigot that is image123 when he says that all atheists are fools
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, of course of course......it is not like I was expecting you to agree with me outrightly. Lol, so it is a belief but not a belief abi? You are entitled to your beliefs all the same. Lol
Even funnier is "brothers in enlightenment" more like "brothers in darkness" if you ask me.

U really think u know how to twist stuff.
Anyway thanks. U got laughter from my post, I got boredom from urs. U know it would be nice if u guys tried to be a little creative once in a while.
I'd really love to read something new.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 5:07am On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Does gravity have a purpose? then why does it serve as a basis for human design and architecture?

Evolution does not have a purpose. You project god unto morality and that is why you make the failed assumption that purpose drives morality because your god supposedly has a purpose for humans.

We survive. We adapt to our environment. The basic instincts that we have are necessary to meet our goals for survival and adaptation. These instincts serve as a basic morality for us humans which we then hone with reasoning and social interactions.

oops! did I debunk you cool

Sorry, I don't quite see exactly how gravity relates to morality. . . .or are you somehow suggesting that we were designed based on evolution? What exactly is your point here?
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2012
inurmind:

U really think u know how to twist stuff.
Anyway thanks. U got laughter from my post, I got boredom from urs. U know it would be nice if u guys tried to be a little creative once in a while.
I'd really love to read something new.
Lol, me twist stuff? how? It was you who was rebuking your brother for imposing his beliefs on others. (I actually believe with you that atheism is a belief by the way).

.....one more thing, when I post, the aim usually is not to entertain you (sorry I don't know what kind of stuff you like), however I must say that I find your posts very entertaining and it will be rude of me not to say; Thank you for making me laugh.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, me twist stuff? how? It was you who was rebuking your brother for imposing his beliefs on others. (I actually believe with you that atheism is a belief by the way).

.....one more thing, when I post, the aim usually is not to entertain you (sorry I don't know what kind of stuff you like), however I must say that I find your posts very entertaining and it will be rude of me not to say; Thank you for making me laugh.

U are welcome.
Although u do have a talent for findind humour where there is none.
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by MrAnony1(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2012
inurmind:

U are welcome.
Although u do have a talent for findind humour where there is none.
lol, Why so Serious?
Re: The Evolutionary Basis For Morality (A Lesson For Christians) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
Gee! I sure love this thread. It's some serious fun up in here. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charles Martel The Hero Of France Who Saved Christian Western Europe In 732 Ad ! / What The Quran Teaches About Holy Spirit And Jesus Birth (shocking Revelation) / Creating From Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.