Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight (7014 Views)

N1.4bn Fraud: Court Sentences Ex-kogi Lawmaker To 154-year Jail / Kidnapped Lawmaker’s Daughter Jessica Edionwele Found With Lover - ThisDay / Fayose Commissions Lawmaker Dayo Musical Instrument (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by youngies(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2012
There was free-for-all at the early hours of Thursday , with a member of the Kogi State House of Assembly losing two of his teeth at the state governor’s residence when a meeting held to find political solution to the leadership crises in the state Assembly ended in a deadlock.

The meeting held at ‘High Ground’, a private residence of the governor, had former governor Ibrahim Idris, the state governor, Captain Idris Wada and all the lawmakers, except the Speaker, Hon. Abdulahi Bello, who was hospitalised in a private hospital in Abuja, in attendance.

It was a follow-up to an earlier mediation meeting held at Ibro Hotel, Abuja last Monday.
The meeting slated for 9.pm eventually started at about 12.20 am.
But inner sources hinted that trouble started when the agenda of the meeting was perceived to have changed, which did not go down well with the pro-speaker Bello lawmakers.

According to a source, who was present at the meeting: “The meeting which was at the instance of the former governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris was meant to return the House to status quo ante, but when the meeting started, we suspected foul play and as such, we disagreed with their illegal proposition.”

The proposition, according to the source, was that the Majority Leader, Hon. Yunusa Yakubu, should write a letter of proclamation to the Speaker for endorsement and approval so that the Assembly could seat.

Though that would have nullified the initial impeachment, but the grouse was that the Speaker was to resign honourably at the resumed sitting of the Assembly:
“It was that suggestion that sparked the fight.

“The Minority Leader, Yori Afolabi, stood up to note that the suggestion was wrong and that, Kogi had been in the news for so many wrong reasons and there was every reason to first right the wrong before talking about Speaker Bello’s resignation.
“It was at that point that Hon. Friday Makama, who had been pacing around with a bottle of stout attempted to shut him up and that led to the fight,” the source said further.

It was during the melee, a notable member of the group of 12 lawmakers lost two of his teeth before other lawmakers present could separate the warring lawmakers.
Meanwhile, the elders of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who petitioned President Goodluck Jonathan over the state of affairs in the state have been accused of leaving “precincts of truth and probity to traverse the terrain of outright falsehood in order to vilify the administration.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kogi-lawmaker-loses-teeth-in-free-for-all/130778/
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by FreeGlobe(f): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2012
thats whats up grin

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 16, 2012
Animals

1 Like

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by SlyIg(f): 7:41am On Nov 16, 2012
Im just wondering why this news isn't a surprise to me! Sly,Why? Ans: This is Naija,anything can happen!
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Beetwo(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2012
royal ramble 9ja version comin 4rm political agberos. yeah, mo action please, am a fan of wwe.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by jamace(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2012
Those thieves will always fight. Vagabonds In Power (VIP). angry angry
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by acidtalk: 8:51am On Nov 16, 2012
Acidtalk - Goodday Honorable

Honorable - Ashidtalk (Acidtalk) how are you.

Acidtalk - I am fine sir. Sorry for the accident honorable. Hope you are better?

Honorable - Don't mind those small boys. I would have killed him if not because they held me.

Acidtalk - but Honorable, you are the one with the broken teeth. So I guess you meant he would have killed you.

Honorable - Don't be silly. Do you know how many yeras I spent as a motor park tout before joining politics?

Acidtalk - So you mean you were once a tout?

Honorable - once a tout, always a tout. How do you think I came about having two plastic teeths in my mouth or do you think those were my real teeths he punched out?

Acidtalk - oh really? So what next sir?

Honorable - The governor had promised to fund my trip to a german hospital were they are meant to get me a new set of plastic teeths.

Acidtalk - And, so do.....

Honorable - Ashidtalk (Acidtalk), I will talk to you later. I am enterying the Governors office now to collect my cheque for compensation. Bye.

15 Likes

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by 234GT(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2012
My only concern is that he may be flown abroad for treatment on the bill of taxpayers.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by lolaluv1(f): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2012
Show of shame....
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 16, 2012
Hahaha...these touts have made exchange of blows their hobby.so pathetic!
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by GARRIx7(m): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2012
Damn!!!............... grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by cheddarking(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2012
Ahahahahahahahahahahah

Won fun L'ese to le

Solid blow....

TKO

Roforofo Politics wins again!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Okijajuju1(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2012

1 Like

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by kalishay: 8:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Oh oh......mm
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Lusaint(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2012
Idiots, fighting has jst shown their inreposibility,where d pic self.
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by gulfer: 9:02am On Nov 16, 2012
That's where Melaiye too came from; they have tendency to get into fisticuffs every-time.
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Ganys: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2012
Eeewooo, What a new Gap-Toothed Fellow...Welcome to IBB hall of fame
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Khayordhe: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2012
Dat's wot i call,[size=28pt]ROYAL RUMBLE[/size]
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by mattsteve(f): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2012
Na today! They are displaying their God-given talents although they try 2 hide these award winning talents under their blowing babariga.mtsheww

1 Like

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 16, 2012
Ha ha ha..! Animals
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Nov 16, 2012
LOL. must have been some super solid upper cut blow. It first rattles your teeth, vibrates the head,leaves resounding echos on the ear before uprooting one or two teeth. cheesy

One dentist somewhere would be smiling to the banks soon. Ones man missing teeth is another mans saving grace.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Slapme(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2012
We have to establish wwe in Nigeria compromising of our lawmakers. So they could have more legal right in throwing punches. Including chairs, tables,ladders as they like.
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Tovot: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2012
no dey werent fightn,one waz practisn dental skilz by removn his memba's teeth,while d oda was practisn heavy weight boxing:-Dno offence meant!
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Oh Man, wish we had like a Video Recording of that.

Grand Slam - The new system of Law Making.
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by ofala(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2012
Idiots!
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by fittty(m): 9:15am On Nov 16, 2012
cheesy
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by bestower: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2012
Lawmakers or lawbreakers.Bunch of fools.
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by slimyem: 9:17am On Nov 16, 2012
This is not news...
Na naija way...
Next please!!!
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by KINGwax(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2012
acidtalk: Acidtalk - Goodday Honorable

Honorable - Ashidtalk (Acidtalk) how are you.

Acidtalk - I am fine sir. Sorry for the accident honorable. Hope you are better?

Honorable - Don't mind those small boys. I would have killed him if not because they held me.

Acidtalk - but Honorable, you are the one with the broken teeth. So I guess you meant he would have killed you.

Honorable - Don't be silly. Do you know how many yeras I spent as a motor park tout before joining politics?

Acidtalk - So you mean you were once a tout?

Honorable - once a tout, always a tout. How do you think I came about having two plastic teeths in my mouth or do you think those were my real teeths he punched out?

Acidtalk - oh really? So what next sir?

Honorable - The governor had promised to fund my trip to a german hospital were they are meant to get me a new set of plastic teeths.

Acidtalk - And, so do.....

Honorable - Ashidtalk (Acidtalk), I will talk to you later. I am enterying the Governors office now to collect my cheque for compensation. Bye.
crappy! It's what happens when u wanna copy d genius-redmosquito.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by guseman(m): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2012
grin
Okija_juju: .[img]http://rumorsontheinternets.files./2011/11/beard-slap.gif[/img]

The guy na magician. You never see where dey slap person and d person wey dem slap run mad!!!

You no go kill person. Don't mind those politicians_thugs
Re: Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight by Ramcie(f): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2012
Did you all read the part where a lawmaker HON FRIDAY MAKAMA was said to be pacing around with a bottle of stout in his hand . Hmm! O ma se o!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lovely Picture Of A Polish Woman That Married An Imo State Man And Their Kids / FG To Spend N88billion On Ex-militants In 2013 / An Attempt, Towards Reconstructing The South-east And South-south Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.