Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again (811 Views)

Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN / It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. / Do You Think Pastor Chris Okotie Should Re-marry Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by uchkochi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
ONCE YOU ARE DIVORCED AND YOUR SPOUSE IS STILL ALIVE, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY AGAIN EXCEPT THAT SPOUSE DIES. If you re-marry, you are only living in adultery and no matter what you do for God, on the last day you will still go to hell.

This is the truth, You can divorce your wife or husband for certain reasons especially infidelity, but can you remain single all your life? Especially after you have tested the bliss in marriage? MATTHEW CHAPTER 19:3-9. So you must apply wisdom and make things work, divorce is never an option.

It is better not to be married than to be married to a bad wife or a bad husband. The bible says it is better to stay on top of the roof of a house than with a nagging woman. That is why God must be involved in choosing your life partner, not all that glitters is gold, God knows your life till forever, He can see the end, so let Him be involved. Yes you have the responsibility to find, but you are to find God's choice for you, that is to recognise her. If it is God that gave you that partner and it becomes bad tomorrow, you can meet Him to fix it in prayers. Proverbs 18:22. Romans chapter. 7.

The reason why God is against divorce is this; In marriage, the man and the woman are one flesh, being one Flesh, is ONE BODY. And that union cannot be broken by divorce, it can only be separated by death. Genesis 2:24. BB PIN IS 2739F228.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by JeSoul(f): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
uchkochi: ONCE YOU ARE DIVORCED AND YOUR SPOUSE IS STILL ALIVE, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY AGAIN EXCEPT THAT SPOUSE DIES. If you re-marry, you are only living in adultery and no matter what you do for God, on the last day you will still go to hell.

This is the truth, You can divorce your wife or husband for certain reasons especially infidelity, but can you remain single all your life? Especially after you have tested the bliss in marriage? MATTHEW CHAPTER 19:3-9. So you must apply wisdom and make things work, divorce is never an option.

It is better not to be married than to be married to a bad wife or a bad husband. The bible says it is better to stay on top of the roof of a house than with a nagging woman. That is why God must be involved in choosing your life partner, not all that glitters is gold, God knows your life till forever, He can see the end, so let Him be involved. Yes you have the responsibility to find, but you are to find God's choice for you, that is to recognise her. If it is God that gave you that partner and it becomes bad tomorrow, you can meet Him to fix it in prayers. Proverbs 18:22. Romans chapter. 7.

The reason why God is against divorce is this; In marriage, the man and the woman are one flesh, being one Flesh, is ONE BODY. And that union cannot be broken by divorce, it can only be separated by death. Genesis 2:24. BB PIN IS 2739F228.
This is quite an unfortunate statement. Its sad that many believe it, but it is wonderful that it is not true.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
ONCE YOU ARE DIVORCED AND YOUR SPOUSE IS STILL ALIVE, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY AGAIN EXCEPT THAT SPOUSE DIES

.-_-.

You have GOT to be kidding me....
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Snowwy: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
@Op,
This is a matter of he who has an ear, let him hear.
I have gone through the bible and indeed it is true that divorcees are bound to the ex-spouses as long as any of them are still alive:

2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man.
Romans 7:2-3; I Cor7:39

18 “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery.
Luke 16:18; Matthew 19:9...Words of Jesus Christ Himself.

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
I Cor 7:10-11

Marriage is not child's play at all that is why people should ensure they have the leading of God as they are one as long as they both live. If for any reason one of them commits sexual immorality and the other divorces him or her, they both have to remain unmarried and celibate or reconcile. Simple truth of the matter, our opinions do not count beside God's express command.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by advocate666: 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
JeSoul: This is quite an unfortunate statement. Its sad that many believe it, but it is wonderful that it is not true.

JeSoul is divorced grin grin
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Joagbaje(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
@op
It depends . Even though God hates divorce , but there are some divorces God sanction
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Segunagagu(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
Very very very correct and true..God will give us our destined wife and husband in Jesus name...@OP are u a pastor?
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Snowwy: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
Joagbaje: @op
It depends . Even though God hates divorce , but there are some divorces God sanction

@Joagbaje,
Pls can we have instances?
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Joagbaje(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Firstly the bible permits divorce on the ground of unfaithfulness . Though it still depends on individual to forgive or overlook

Secondly , the bible permits divorce on the ground of faith .

1 Corinthians 7:15
But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Snowwy: 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
Joagbaje:
Firstly the bible permits divorce on the ground of unfaithfulness . Though it still depends on individual to forgive or overlook
True, but it did not give grounds to remarry either. It simply gave permissible reason for divorce.

Joagbaje:
Secondly , the bible permits divorce on the ground of faith .

1 Corinthians 7:15
But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

True again. However note that the topic is about divorcees not marrying again while the spouse is alive.

The bondage here is not marriage as marriage was never described as God to mean bondage. The believer is not bound to hold back the unbelieving spouse form departing if they so wish. The unbelieving spouse may depart but it did not say she/he should divorce him/her.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Zikkyy(m): 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
@Joagbaje, you need to throw away that fraud inspired version of bible you've been reading. See as small boys & girls dey use you do ye.ye for here. Snowwy is very correct.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Joagbaje(m): 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2012
Zikkyy: @Joagbaje, you need to throw away that fraud inspired version of bible you've been reading.

I quoted king James , what makes it fraud?

See as small boys & girls dey use you do true for here. Snowwy is very correct.

It's a discussion , he has something meaningful to say , but do you ? cool
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Joagbaje(m): 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
Snowwy:
True, but it did not give grounds to remarry either. It simply gave permissible reason for divorce.

I believe if a divorce is backed by God then the couple have freedom for remarriage . Remarriage only becomes wrong when the divorce is not based on good reason

However note that the topic is about divorcees not marrying again while the spouse is alive.

Its because you asked me for instances.

The unbelieving spouse may depart but it did not say she/he should divorce him/her.

To depart is divorce and it takes two people to do that. Of course you're right that the bible advise such step should be initiated by the unbeliever .
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Snowwy: 7:16am On Nov 18, 2012
Joagbaje:

I believe if a divorce is backed by God then the couple have freedom for remarriage . Remarriage only becomes wrong when the divorce is not based on good reason

Hmmmmn, do not forget that God hates divorce. God will not back divorce up, He only gave a concession and ofcourse as you said earlier it depends on the individual whether to forgive or not though I am sure God will prefer forgiveness especially if the other party is contrite.

However, I am not of the opinion that it authorises remarriage. And every other scripture confirms this. They are bound to each other as long as they live.
Jesus's words were clear enough and that is why His disciples could say is it not better one doesn't even marry; read in context. It is either you forgive and live with the adulterous wife or divorce and stay unmarried...this is the only thing I presume could make them say is it not better to be unmarried.

Joagbaje:

Its because you asked me for instances.

To depart is divorce and it takes two people to do that. Of course you're right that the bible advise such step should be initiated by the unbeliever .

Let me paste I Cor 7:10-15 so we can read in context:
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
I think we should try reason why Paul said to the married based on God's command that they should not depart from each other and why to the 'rest' he alludes to the fact, based on his words not God's, that the believing spouse is not bound to ensure continuity of the marriage if the other unbelieving party prefers to depart.
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by mekaboy(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2012
OP HOW WILL GOD JUDGE THIS CASE?

A YOUNG GIRL IN NIGERIA MEETS A NIGERIAN GUY THAT IS BASED ABROAD, THEY DATED FOR A WHILE, THE GUY CAME BACK FOR THE NEXT VISIT AND SAYS HE WANTS TO GET MARRIED, TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE IS ARRANGE, COURT , ETC.

THEY GUY RETURNS ABROAD, INSTEAD OF FILING PAPERS FOR THE GIRL TO COME OVER, HE STARTS TELLING STORIES. HE DOES NOT SEND MONEY CLAIMING THINGS ARE HARD. AFTER SOME INVESTIGATIONS, THEY FOUND OUT THE GUY WAS MARRIED TO A WHITE WOMAN AND WANTED TO HAVE KIDS IN NIGERIA.

LUCKILY FOR THE GIRL SHE DID NOT GET PREGNANT, THE GUY WAS DISAPPOINTED, HE STOPPED TAKING HER CALLS, CHANGED HIS NUMBER, AND THAT WAS IT.

AFTER 2YRS OF THE MANS DISAPPEARANCE, A NIGERIAN BASED BUSINESS MAN WANTS TO MARRY HER, SHOULD SHE GET A DIVORCE AND MARRY THE NIGERIAN MAN WHO SHE LOVES AND KNOWS WELL? OR SHOULD SHE REMAIN ETERNALLY MARRIED TO THE MAN THAT RAN AWAY ?
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by esere826: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
@Topic

Yes, it is not a great idea to divorce. Afterall, if divorce comes cheap, then there is no need to marry in the first place
but what exactly is marriage. Is it sex or the bonding of two soul mates?
Were adam and eve married? who married them?
or was seth married? who directed the exchange of wedding vows

1st Corinthians that was referred to says a lot of stuff about sex and marriage within a context
within that context, Paul who was a bachelor didnt even want his church to have sex whether married or not
1 corinthians 7: 1-2 Now for the matters you wrote about: “ It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman .” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

*just musing*
Re: Divorcees Are Not Suppose To Marry Again by Zikkyy(m): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
Joagbaje:
I quoted king James , what makes it fraud?

Always shine your eye when reading my posts. not referring to the source of your quote. Quoting KJV is no proof that KJV influences your opinion. am more concerned with the bible versions you are using to support your views.

Joagbaje:
It's a discussion , he has something meaningful to say , but do you ? cool

You don't need my views Jo, no need for it. Snowwy already doing a good job cleaning the floor (with your afro grin. )

(1) (Reply)

Pastorpreneurs Or Prosperity Preachers / SHILOH 2012 On Blackberry Phones / A Friend's Excuse For Not Going To Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.