Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? (6758 Views)

Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled / Bible Was Untouched By Flames After Road Accident In Abuja / Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Kamxin: Hey guys, let lend some historical perspectives from D world oldest surviving institution(D Catholic church). In our 1979 years of existence we do not define truth unless errors abound on the matter(Act 5). There was no canon scripture in the early church, in other words there was no bible. The bible is the book of the church, she is not a church of the bible. It was the church; her leadership, faithful people guided by the authority of D spirit of truth(Jn 14: 16-17) which discovered D books inspired by God in their(apostles) writing. The church did not create the canon, she discerned the canon. The council of laodicea in 360AD produced a list of books similar to today's canon, but Pope Damasus in his decree listed the books of today's canon after the council of Rome in 382AD made a case for it. The council of Hippo created the list of both D new and old testament books in 393AD as it is today. The council of carthage(N.Africa) did D same in 397AD & 419AD. But D final infalliable definition of canonical books by D catholic church came from council of Trient in 1556AD, which upheld today's bible as it is. Only 27 from hundreds books written by the apostles. Contrariwise, Constantine who know only of Biblia(books) and not Bible(book) died on 22nd of May, 337AD. So your write up is based on malicious gossips & backed by no-facts or evidence, so no leg to stand on.

How can you read history and still belong to the catholic church
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Kamxin(m): 3:52am On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy:
Furthermore, it is of no surprise that the catholic church is worth a billion dollars.
The house built by solomon 4 D Lord worth billions of dollars.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 18, 2012
Kamxin: The house built by solomon 4 D Lord worth billions of dollars.

the same solomon that had 700 wives? see how foolish and wasteful your god and his people are?
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Kamxin(m): 4:26am On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

How can you read history and still belong to the catholic church
I am proud of of the institution that made civilization what it is today, what if lslam conquered W.Europe, Sharia would be practise on every corner of D globe, no science, no technology. Thanks to D trailblazing religion orchestrated by the catholic church, molded with infalliable word of God(new testament of D bible) leaving other religions copy-cating its fallouts eg; democracy freedom of of speech, marry 1 wife etc. VENI! VIDI!! VICI!!!.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Kamxin(m): 4:32am On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:
the same solomon that had 700 wives? see how foolish and wasteful your god and his people are?
Judaism is modified in christianity as we marry only 1 wife unlike most other religion
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
Kamxin: I am proud of of the institution that made civilization what it is today, what if lslam conquered W.Europe, Sharia would be practise on every corner of D globe, no science, no technology. Thanks to D trailblazing religion orchestrated by the catholic church, molded with infalliable word of God(new testament of D bible) leaving other religions copy-cating its fallouts eg; democracy freedom of of speech, marry 1 wife etc. VENI! VIDI!! VICI!!!.

You must be joking. The catholic church that held back science, torutured people and carried out wars on unbelievers? The same catholic church that encoded slavery into its canon law?
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Kamxin(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

You must be joking. The catholic church that held back science, torutured people and carried out wars on unbelievers? The same catholic church that encoded slavery into its canon law?

Total fallacy, we are moslems that torture unbelivers, quot the canon law if you have evidence, holding science while using education as number 1 means of envangelization. A brazen paradox! I'm sorry 4 ppl like you, who can't use logic 2 promote propaganda
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
Kamxin: Total fallacy, we are moslems that torture unbelivers, quot the canon law if you have evidence, holding science while using education as number 1 means of envangelization. A brazen paradox! I'm sorry 4 ppl like you, who can't use logic 2 promote propaganda

I am an ex-catholic. Allow me to debunk you into oblivion;

a) Catholic torture of heretics during inquisition;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition#Use_of_torture
http://www.medievality.com/heretics-fork.html

My favourite catholic choice of torture weapon is the heretics fork, which made the heretic unable to talk and to die slowly;

b) Pope Gregory IX puts slavery into catholic canon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery#Slavery_incorporated_into_canon_law

c) Galileo taken to court and sentenced for finding out that the sun was at the centre of the solar system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair#Trial
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by birdman(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2012
bolayei: the books in the bible are accurate accounts of events but some other books where omitted for certain reasons. books like the gospel of Judas and paul, the gospel of Mary magdalene. some omisions from the books we know today, some omissions about sorcery, women and even the story of the virgin mary was omitted and the fact that Eve was not the first woman and who cain married and how men and women are equal since woman was created sametime as adam from dust and not from his ribs. The truth is if you dig into christainity you will find out alot of things but at the sametime you will understand why constantine ordered for the book to be compiled by the bishop at that time

You are mixing up issues. Some of those omissions are legit. For example, the story of eve not being the first woman was cooked up by jewish mystics very late in the game. It obviously smacks of quackery. I agree that the bible as we have it today is very political, but it is up to a reader to figure out how to interpret what he reads. There is some good stuff in there still.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by ghazzal: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2012
jcross19: you are free man if you can remain till eternity , you are free if you can control time and if you can control the circumstances around you before it faces you then you are free man like gannicus . hahaha but bro you are slave to all those things , tomorrow might be last .
but God controls those things, is he a slave to God?
........just curious on that!
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by okeyxyz(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
ROSSIKE: Far from being ''inspired by the Lord'', the Bible was actually compiled from a wide variety of writings, by a VOTE arranged by Emperor Constantine of Rome and his cohorts including some bishops.

They simply VOTED to allow certain writings to be included in the bible and VOTED to exclude certain others.

I wonder how many Nigerian christians carrying bible up and down actually realise this FACT of history.

My guess is less than 0.0001%.

Tragic.

OK! True! So does that invalidate the message & truth(if any) of the bible?
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
ghazzal:
but God controls those things, is he a slave to God?
........just curious on that!
go back and check why i respond in that way to him , when you can't control something more powerful than your imagination then what are you? huh then please travel back to your mother's womb.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
birdman:

You are mixing up issues. Some of those omissions are legit. For example, the story of eve not being the first woman was cooked up by jewish mystics very late in the game. It obviously smacks of quackery. I agree that the bible as we have it today is very political, but it is up to a reader to figure out how to interpret what he reads. There is some good stuff in there still.
see brain here oh then please can you tell us the first woman on earth? huh with your record, i think is the same human that wrote that of your history too or the story just formed itself.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 11:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am an ex-catholic. Allow me to debunk you into oblivion;

a) Catholic torture of heretics during inquisition;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition#Use_of_torture
http://www.medievality.com/heretics-fork.html

My favourite catholic choice of torture weapon is the heretics fork, which made the heretic unable to talk and to die slowly;

b) Pope Gregory IX puts slavery into catholic canon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery#Slavery_incorporated_into_canon_law

c) Galileo taken to court and sentenced for finding out that the sun was at the centre of the solar system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair#Trial
Am not arguing about the atrocity committed by so called papa or pope in early time of the christian mobilization , they committed huge crime against humanity in name of religion for their selfish interest but not the interest of the sender.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 20, 2012
This thread is not about the inquisition but rather on the compilation of the christian canon.even history have records of atheist committing worst atrocities.the likes of stalin comes to mind.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 20, 2012
chukwudi44: This thread is not about the inquisition but rather on the compilation of the christian canon.even history have records of atheist committing worst atrocities.the likes of stalin comes to mind.

Stalin didnt kill in the name of atheism. He killed because he was a communist crackpot
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Stalin didnt kill in the name of atheism. He killed because he was a communist crackpot

The fact remains stalin was an atheist.I could also argue that the inquisitors did not abide by the dictates of the christian faith
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 20, 2012
chukwudi44:

The fact remains stalin was an atheist.I could also argue that the inquisitors did not abide by the dictates of the christian faith

Wrong. The inquisition was done in the name of god!

Just as the Isrealite destroyed the Amakelites with the backing of Yaweh!
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wrong. The inquisition was done in the name of god!

Just as the Isrealite destroyed the Amakelites with the backing of Yaweh!

No sir God did not order that.Even the most brutal inquisition the spanish inquistion was not even orchestrated by the church rather by spanish political rulers who just happen to be catholics
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 20, 2012
chukwudi44:

No sir God did not order that.Even the most brutal inquisition the spanish inquistion was not even orchestrated by the church rather by spanish political rulers who just happen to be catholics

And the catholic torture sanctioned by the church? The Killer Jesuits as an arm of the church nko?
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

And the catholic torture sanctioned by the church? The Killer Jesuits as an arm of the church nko?

Jesuits as a killer organisation? I don't really think so.There are the most intellectual arm of the catholic church which so many schools,hospitals and social institutions.There also actively partcipated in evangelical works during the counter-reformation and even to this day.

Even you are talking about the monita secreta it is a confirmed forgery and has nothing to do with the Jesuits.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Mgbadike80: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2012
Can the atheists come to the shrine of my village ogwugwu ani and challenge d existence of God and the supernatural? It's seems they are taking the forgiving and slow to anger nature of the christian God for granted.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Joeiordye: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
Bad men are every where. Do not hold d organisation to which they belong accountable. But if you must, no organisation is worthy. Not even one.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by birdman(m): 2:02am On Mar 13, 2013
I hate to to break into this "self-service" party several atheists are having on this thread cheesy. But the fact that the bible was compiled to be used as propaganda does not invalidate the authenticity of the individual books compiled. All you can conclude from the original post is that the bible may not be the end-all-be-all as far as spiritual knowledge is concerned. Any other conclusion you draw is biased and makes you just as irrational as the chrisitnas you are lambasting.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 13, 2013
birdman: I hate to to break into this "self-service" party several atheists are having on this thread cheesy. But the fact that the bible was compiled to be used as propaganda does not invalidate the authenticity of the individual books compiled. All you can conclude from the original post is that the bible may not be the end-all-be-all as far as spiritual knowledge is concerned. Any other conclusion you draw is biased and makes you just as irrational as the chrisitnas you are lambasting.

lmao.....it invalidates the completeness and message of the whole bible since the bible is now known to be missing parts.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by dokie: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Mgbadike80: Can the atheists come to the shrine of my village ogwugwu ani and challenge d existence of God and the supernatural? It's seems they are taking the forgiving and slow to anger nature of the christian God for granted.
Mgbadike80: Can the atheists come to the shrine of my village ogwugwu ani and challenge d existence of God and the supernatural? It's seems they are taking the forgiving and slow to anger nature of the christian God for granted.

i agree with you brother. when these guys see devil in action, thier eye go clear. but on a serious note, all atheists are fo ols. it is only a foo l that says there is no God psalm 14:1. it is the greatest of stupidity to say there is no God. that is why scripture calls them fo ols. split all the parts of a wrist watch and put them into a box,keep shaking the box from now till forever, and check from time to time to see if it has formed anything reasonable. Try the same for anything else and lets see if you come up with something that makes sense. yet the atheist still thinks he just came into being without any supernaturally minded action. The atheist is indeed a compound and comprehensive fo ol who needs to plead for God's mercy that he does not die that way.

But i dont think the op and others in support of his position are atheists, they are merely under the captivity of demons and would maintain these positions until they are delivered by the mighty Jesus (i pray) or they see things for themselves clearly when they depart this world of theirs. so rather than wasting time arguing so much with them, spend more time praying for them and others like them.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
dokie:

i agree with you brother. when these guys see devil in action, thier eye go clear. but on a serious note, all atheists are fo ols. it is only a foo l that says there is no God psalm 14:1. it is the greatest of stupidity to say there is no God. that is why scripture calls them fo ols. split all the parts of a wrist watch and put them into a box,keep shaking the box from now till forever, and check from time to time to see if it has formed anything reasonable. Try the same for anything else and lets see if you come up with something that makes sense. yet the atheist still thinks he just came into being without any supernaturally minded action. The atheist is indeed a compound and comprehensive fo ol who needs to plead for God's mercy that he does not die that way.

But i dont think the op and others in support of his position are atheists, they are merely under the captivity of demons and would maintain these positions until they are delivered by the mighty Jesus (i pray) or they see things for themselves clearly when they depart this world of theirs. so rather than wasting time arguing so much with them, spend more time praying for them and others like them.

grin grin grin

You're brainwashed
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
dokie:

LMAO.......Really brainwashed!!!
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by birdman(m): 2:18am On Mar 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

lmao.....it invalidates the completeness and message of the whole bible since the bible is now known to be missing parts.

LOL. Thats like saying a physics textbook missing a chapter invalidates the truth in the other chapters.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 14, 2013
birdman:

LOL. Thats like saying a physics textbook missing a chapter invalidates the truth in the other chapters.

unlike the physics textbook, the bible is the complete word of God and meant to be 100% true. Any missing part od the bible makes the context of the bible skewed. Remember that some books are meant to predict/expalin others in the bible.

Even the bible tells us not to add or subtract from the word of God, ironically
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Rossikki: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
okeyxyz:

OK! True! So does that invalidate the message & truth(if any) of the bible?
Insofar as claims go that God 'inspired' or even wrote the bible, yes it does invalidate the message. Does 'God's word' amount to little more than a rigged vote in some medieval despot's palace? I'd say a James Hardly Chase novel has more credibility.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Rossikki: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
bolayei: the books in the bible are accurate accounts of events but some other books where omitted for certain reasons. books like the gospel of Judas and paul, the gospel of Mary magdalene. some omisions from the books we know today, some omissions about sorcery, women and even the story of the virgin mary was omitted and the fact that Eve was not the first woman and who cain married and how men and women are equal since woman was created sametime as adam from dust and not from his ribs. The truth is if you dig into christainity you will find out alot of things but at the sametime you will understand why constantine ordered for the book to be compiled by the bishop at that time
Will we understand how the money they shared round prior to the vote impacted on its outcome?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Horrific Facts About Hell That Your Pastor Never Told You / VIDEO: Pastor Caught With Another Man's Wife!! Oh Nooo! (VIDEO) / Nigeria, Write Down The Date MAY 16th 2018 | New TB Joshua PROPHECY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.