Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? (9345 Views)

Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies / “nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / How Did You Spend Your First Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by akoraye(m): 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
I spent the five naira!
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by casestudy: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
how 'bout these ones??

Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by kcreal(f): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
Spent only 10kobo and 25kobo.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by wizard01(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Live to remember 50k and 5naira!!
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by wizard01(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
I'll Live to remember 50k and 5naira!!
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by mercurie(f): 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
Yeah I spent d 50 kobo coin
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Korrection(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
See old people for nairaland.. Tot its filled with kids.. Lol
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Korrection(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
I could remember picking these coins on the ground while rusted,used back of leg,put small water on a sandy soil and bring it back to life just to buy foodball chewing gum card or kwuli kwuli, memories sha.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by bennieman: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2012
okeyxyz: But what has this got to do with the religion section

Bros, at that early morning wey u make that comment, I'm suspecting that you are a pastor thinking of the people wey go come pay tithe for your church. I sure say now adays, business get everything to do with most churches. But seriously!
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Thekeeper(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
@Sirniyeh i hail o. . .u just forget ur boy..i'l b on 2go by 8pm for our chat
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by MPEROR: 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
Spent all of them except the cowrie and the manilla (sp) who can guess my age?
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
Thank you, OP. Now I know what Biafran pounds looked like.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
Case-study, good of you. I have searched for those kobo coins and i couldnt...... That 5kobo coin was around 1973-1979 infact I spent am tired. When we entered 80s, 10kobo coin and 50kobo note was the reigning currency then while the highest denomination was N20.
In late 70s when we use to go to school, all those ritual stuff, where they will put EBO (sacrifice) at the junction with pap, egg and coins. Infact, if all these things dey kill person, we for don die. We chop EBO tired, picked the coins and spent in the school. Wahalahi, I don dey brave from pikin. In early 80s, oyinbo full naija berekete because our N1 was equivalent to $2. But the whole thing changed when IBB took over in 1985. He change curriculum year to 1989/1990 and 6-5-4 was changed to 6-3-3-4.
See wetin den turn naija to.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Optimisticgondy(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2012
I spend those currencies when then first born me for naija. Na because naija sweet then make me come back again, but on getting to this place, I realise some fools don spoil all my igbadun then. Make I grow reach my 140 years again make I go better country jare
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by CzarChris(m): 5:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Good old days u can say that again. I sent the 50k and N1 notes and i can't remember the particular coins denominations then i think it was 25k and 10k, not sure though.
Back then my dad used to give me N5 as allowance evry 2days. I would buy fanta at N2.50k and then use the remain N2.50k to pack biscuits, back then who cared to know the name of the biscuits. It was either 4-corner or round biscuits. God i loved the four corner ones.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by 2sexy(m): 8:30am On Nov 18, 2012
I used 1 naira, 5 naira, 50 k only

Wow... man don old oooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Sirniyeh(m): 8:59am On Nov 18, 2012
Sirniyeh: Case-study, good of you. I have searched for those kobo coins and i couldnt...... That 5kobo coin was around 1973-1979 infact I spent am tired. When we entered 80s, 10kobo coin and 50kobo note was the reigning currency then while the highest denomination was N20.
In late 70s when we use to go to school, all those ritual stuff, where they will put EBO (sacrifice) at the junction with pap, egg and coins. Infact, if all these things dey kill person, we for don die. We chop EBO tired, picked the coins and spent in the school. Wahalahi, I don dey brave from pikin. In early 80s, oyinbo full naija berekete because our N1 was equivalent to $2. But the whole thing changed when IBB took over in 1985. He change curriculum year to 1989/1990 and 6-5-4 was changed to 6-3-3-4.
See wetin den turn naija to.

Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by truckconsultant: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Contact me if you be in need of the currencies they are available in stock.
Reach on +2347039182734
Regard
Engr.Lanre
martyns303: i would like to own the first coin, am a collector, mostly currencies, if anyone i've got them pls let me know, i'll buy.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by luluosas(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
I used the N5 note.
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by TableLeg(m): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
Yes .... I spent it all
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
I spent everything except the shillings ...50k note brand new in my wallet can slit your finger open grin , good old days... Naija I hail thee smiley
Re: Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? by Alert(f): 6:57am On Nov 19, 2012
I remember spending the #50k paper note when I was small mostly to buy akara and sweets. Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Presidency Vows To Recover $7 B CBN Bailout To Banks / Jim Ovia Lauds Nigeria’s Economic Rebound, Forecasts Peaceful 2019 Elections / NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.