Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,137 members, 7,957,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:55 AM

Was Jesus Referring To Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Referring To Islam? (1817 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Who Were Those Cain Was Referring To? / Pastor John Hagee Apologizes For Referring To Catholic Church As ‘Great LovePeddler’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by bolayei: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
please people i need your honest and open minded post on this question

was Jesus referring to being a muslim when he said "unless a man is born again he will not enter the kingdom of God"?

Does islam really mean "to be born again"?

IS to be born again mean to give(submit, surrender,dedicate)your life to God

Does islam mean the same thing except in their own religion dont use the word God but ALLAH because of translation not to associate another name with ALLAH?

How comes you cant be a muslim if you dont believe in Jesus?

Please dont base your reply on the culture of the majority that practice islam or christainity because there is culture and tradition and there is religion
Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by nakash: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
A little googling would have saved me the pain of reading your post. First Allah is not Yahweh so the question of God and Allah having anything in common does not arise. Secondly islam means admitting that allah the arabic moon god is a god and that muhammad is his last prophet means you become a muslim. Thirdly a lot of info is available on islam on the net. It was a religion created by muhammad who had allah to help him achieve his sexual delusions. Now stop being lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by kimond101: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
Islam means the submission to the will of God without associating any patners. Allah created the heavens and the earth in 6 days and he rose above his throne in a manner that suits his majesty. He created Adam (A.S) and told all the angels to prostrate to Adam of which they all did except Iblees(Satan) who was of the Jinnkind. Satan was asked why he refused to prostrate to Adam and he said Allah created Adam from clay and created him from smokeless fire. The arrogance of Satan made him accursed yet he sought respite from Allah. Allah granted him respite till the day of judgement and Satan promised to lead as many people astray.Allah vowed to fill as many people that follow him in hell and also forgive those that come back to him in repentance.
Man was created for a reason and this reason is to worship his creator alone without ascribing partners with him. God being the most merciful knowing that we tend to forget our purpose of life sent different messengers like Abraham, David, Moses, Jesus and the seal of all messengers Muhammed (peace be upon them all). All came with the same message to believe in the oneness of God without associating any partners to him. In the time of Jesus(PBUH), Allah inspired him with the gospel and being born again is submitting to the will of God according to the scripture which was revealed at that time although some of the scripture has been corrupted in this our time. The final revelation is the Quran which is the pure words of God in arabic as revealed to the seal of all messengers Muhammed (S.A.W).
To be truely born again is to follow the final revelation by submitting to the will of God and live your life as shown by the the best of mankind,Prophet Muhammed(S.A.W).To be a Muslim you have to believe in One God,his books,his messengers,his angels,day of judgement,and divine preordainment. So because Jesus is a messenger sent by God, that was conceived miraculuosly with no father and he spoke from the cradle,cured the leper,healed the blind,rose the dead all with the permission of God.Jesus was a Muslim and so was Abraham and all the other messengers of God cause to be a Muslim means someone that submits to the will of God.
God in Yoruba is Olorun, God in Igbo is Chineke. God in Arabic is Allah. Allah is not a moon god. He is the one that created the sun, the moon, the stars, planets, heaven and earth and all that is within it, the angels, things we can see and things we cannot see. They were all created by Olorun/Chineke/Allah. He does not beget neither was he begotton and there is nothing comparable to him. Exhaled is God above all that is being ascribed to him.
Salam.

3 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by seyibrown(f): 1:43am On Nov 20, 2012
bolayei: please people i need your honest and open minded post on this question
No probs, brother!

bolayei: was Jesus referring to being a muslim when he said "unless a man is born again he will not enter the kingdom of God"?
No, he was not. Following your logic, all born into muslim homes then need to convert to another religion to become 'born-again'.

bolayei: Does islam really mean "to be born again"?
No, Islam doesn't. It means submission.

bolayei: IS to be born again mean to give(submit, surrender,dedicate)your life to God
Yes, it does. Doing this will mean departing from all iniquity, loving God and loving your neighbour (as Jesus reminded us in Matthew 22:37-40).

bolayei: Does islam mean the same thing except in their own religion dont use the word God but ALLAH because of translation not to associate another name with ALLAH?
No, Islam does not mean the same thing. Islam has shown to the world that it does not love its neighbours, and it supports it's actions as being authorised by the Quran. If you love your neighbours, you don't bomb or kill them or incite others to do so.

bolayei: How comes you cant be a muslim if you dont believe in Jesus?
If muslims believed in Jesus, they will follow his commandments. If you believe in Jesus, you will not follow the commandments that are not in line with Jesus' teachings.

John 14:12-15 - King James Version (KJV)
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

It is one thing to say 'I believe in Jesus'; It is another to 'believe in Jesus'. Those who believe in Jesus walk in his way.
[John 14:6 - New International Version (NIV)[/b]
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No servant can serve two masters whose ways are totally opposite to each other! He will hate one and love the other! He will be loyal to one of them only, if he were to be true to himself. Mohammed and Jesus each teach a different way to God and to live! It is impossible to hold on to both unless one were an hypocrite. When Muslims say they believe in Jesus, they are merely paying lip-service (or are genuinely mis-guided, not knowing that their teachings differ) because they claim to love Jesus but do not follow Jesus commandments and instead follow Mohammed's. Same goes for a christian who claims to believe in Mohmammed.

bolayei: Please dont base your reply on the culture of the majority that practice islam or christainity because there is culture and tradition and there is religion
Some of the neck always goes with head.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by Sweetnecta: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
@Nakash:
by nakash: 7:45pm On Nov 17
A little googling would have saved me the pain of reading your post. First Allah is not Yahweh so the question of God and Allah having anything in common does not arise. Secondly islam means admitting that allah the arabic moon god is a god and that muhammad is his last prophet means you become a muslim. Thirdly a lot of info is available on islam on the net. It was a religion created by muhammad who had allah to help him achieve his intimate delusions. Now stop being lazy.
second. Yahweh is not Olorun [if you are not yoruba, ask seyibrown to tell you Who is Olorun], so the question of God [since we are communicating in english] and Yahweh having anything in common does not arise. the other issue is that christianity is actually worshiping Jesus the son god, Holy Ghost and Yahweh, the trinity gods definitely similar to the multiple gods of the hindus wherein krishna may be a god or son of god.

what nakash fails to see though is that the last means there is at least one before and none after. Islam was around long before Muhammad [sa] if we stick with its simple definition of submission to Allah The Almighty. Let think about the time of Noah. There was no jewish wall to wail on and there was no Jesus to say in the name of Jesus about. This simply means there was no Judaism and there was no Christianity. Islam says all prophets were muslims and we can not but acknowledge that each of them submitted to their God, Who is always 1, definitely minus ghost and Jesus. Even Jesus didnt submit or worship Jesus buy God Who was always never on earth but heaven [i say above heavens].

If intimacy is the drawback of prophet-hood, what happened to Abraham, Jacob, David and Solomon the wise, just to name a few of biblical prophets? were they not prophets, nakash, the deluded soul? Carry go for my presence, the guy who doesnt think at all at all [dont let break out in fela ransome kute and his kulalobito on you o].

@seyibrown:
by seyibrown(f): 1:43am
bolayei: was Jesus referring to being a muslim when he said "unless a man is born again he will not enter the kingdom of God"?

No, he was not. Following your logic, all born into muslim homes then need to convert to another religion to become 'born-again'.
you have no idea what Jesus meant. you were not a follower of Jesus in truth. if you believe what Jesus said, past prophets and their laws would be present in your life. You would have been curious about who the That Prophet, the another comforter was that could have easily led you into Islam where you will find solutions to all things that you will never find from the words of Jesus because he didnt tell the disciples everything. Being born again is simply making conscious decision to worship God in the way He lays it out for man. I wonder where God says you must clap, dance, sing and say in the name of Jesus as worship?

Yes, it does. Doing this will mean departing from all iniquity, loving God and loving your neighbour (as Jesus reminded us in Matthew 22:37-40).
Only God knows what is iniquity at anytime, just like He knows when idolatry is committed. For example, Jacob prostrated his face to Joseph and that was not idolatry, but prostrating your face to Jesus for example is idolatry. Samson committed suicide and mass murder and that may not be iniquity, but the suicide bombers are definitely committing iniquity. Moses and Joshua killed nations for example and definitely not iniquity. But Hitler killing people was definitely iniquity. How is similar act not iniquity? The answer is that God sanctioned it by commanding it. Note that neither Moses nor Joshua killed believers, but disbelievers. Muhammad [sa] the one you declared your enemy was mild compared to either of these two men of God [not the adegboye kind, but true men of God].

bolayei: Does islam mean the same thing except in their own religion dont use the word God but ALLAH because of translation not to associate another name with ALLAH?

No, Islam does not mean the same thing. Islam has shown to the world that it does not love its neighbours, and it supports it's actions as being authorised by the Quran. If you love your neighbours, you don't bomb or kill them or incite others to do so.
you argue with a simple mind of deception. here i am and i have never met you and i have shown that i like you even love you as a person without any string attached or selfish reason, except that i want the best for you on the day of Judgment. i have not ordered for any harm to reach you and i have been muslim all my life. the best part of my action is islamic based. so tell me how do you come to this your conclusion when i can simply show you how christians and others have harmed people in general?

bolayei: How comes you cant be a muslim if you dont believe in Jesus?

If muslims believed in Jesus, they will follow his commandments. If you believe in Jesus, you will not follow the commandments that are not in line with Jesus' teachings.
if you think the commandment and or teachings of Jesus are actually in the gospels and from the writing of Paul, there lies your mistake. Moses commanded. Jesus followed the commandment of Moses. Jesus said you should do the same and you seyi refused and you are here lecturing us. what right do you have to make any suggestion when you refused the past, present and future of Jesus. You dont obey the parts of Moses, the part of facial prostration of night prayers of Jesus [what were the elements and what were said in the prayers] and the following of the another comforter.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

It is one thing to say 'I believe in Jesus'; It is another to 'believe in Jesus'. Those who believe in Jesus walk in his way.
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
i importance of these verses were 25% because 75% of gospel writers disregarded them. In essence, John made them up because no single gospel writer forgot that Jesus was tortured. Seyi, I hope that the poor christians have asked for wealth in Jesus name and they have remained poor while a shinto from Japan became extremely wealthy. Who was the way to God in the time of Abraham or there was no way to God, the God of Abraham?

No servant can serve two masters whose ways are totally opposite to each other!
The way of Yahweh is different from the way of Jesus. According to you, Jesus wanted to live. But Yahweh wanted him dead because he must sacrifice him. Which of the two masters with opposite ways do you love and which one do you hate?

He will hate one and love the other! He will be loyal to one of them only, if he were to be true to himself.
so where is your loyalty? I must have an answer since you telling us you are bold.

Mohammed and Jesus each teach a different way to God and to live!
neither of them was a master, but God is their Master. 2 servants at different times may have common theme of message but different styles of deliveries. Example, Moses and Jesus of the Bibles. seyi, chew on that for a moment.

It is impossible to hold on to both unless one were an hypocrite.
hypocrisy is half commitment or pretending commitment. so when a person says he if holding on to Jesus of the Bible and refuses to even acknowledge Moses that Jesus acknowledged, thats hypocrisy. When the same person refuses to prostrate her face to God as Jesus did, thats hypocrisy. When that person refuses to follow the another comforter who taught to all things, thats hypocrisy. seyi, what are you? we in Islam say that what is necessary about Moses, Jesus are in the Quran that we struggle to follow. i not imagine that Jesus will say God is 1 in the tradition of Moses and then says He is 3 in the tradition of Paul.

When Muslims say they believe in Jesus, they are merely paying lip-service (or are genuinely mis-guided, not knowing that their teachings differ) because they claim to love Jesus but do not follow Jesus commandments and instead follow Mohammed's.
Thank God that Jesus was not a christian so i dont have to be a christian. Thank God that Jesus was not God, so I worship Who Jesus worshiped. Seyi, whats the commandment of Jesus that I must follow when God say He God is God and Lord of all and He is 1 and indivisible? Even America says she is indivisible. How do i opt for what God does not command?

Same goes for a christian who claims to believe in Mohmammed.
you people dont even believe in Moses in your Bibles, so Muhammad [sa] is a stretch.

make a cleaner cut. you should know where the head begins which is where the neck ends. is like succession of prophets with the last being Muhammad [sa].

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by larrymoore(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
seyibrown: No probs, brother!

No, Islam doesn't. It means submission.

No servant can serve two masters whose ways are totally opposite to each other! He will hate one and love the other! He will be loyal to one of them only, if he were to be true to himself. Mohammed and Jesus each teach a different way to God and to live! It is impossible to hold on to both unless one were an hypocrite. When Muslims say they believe in Jesus, they are merely paying lip-service (or are genuinely mis-guided, not knowing that their teachings differ) because they claim to love Jesus but do not follow Jesus commandments and instead follow Mohammed's. Same goes for a christian who claims to believe in Mohmammed.

popular ignorance! The end justifies the means.
Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by sunkoye: 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
Guy, u can't serve God and marmon. Wat is the relationship btw light and darkness.if you av been reading ur bible u won't be asking this question. I will recomend u start from the book of John. U will understand a lot of these tins..as prophesied by isaiah 6:1. God be with u
Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by Sweetnecta: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2012
i guess sunkoye wants us to scrap mark, luke and matthew, but t just use john.

1 of 4 is not a passing mark.
Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by Successfigure: 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
No Heaven without baptism of water, i.e immense in water.
Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by Successfigure: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
If you want make Heaven. Firstly, be Christ follower. Lastly, walking right with God.
Re: Was Jesus Referring To Islam? by seyibrown(f): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
larrymoore: popular ignorance! The end justifies the means.

I don't follow, Sire! . . . . and might I add that the end does not necessarily justify the means. A corrupt politician who embezzles government funds and is able to educate his children to world standards is not justified over the poor man who never stole and was unable to educate his kids even within the country; neither is armed robber who pays tithe in church justified over the man who cannot even afford to bring a widow's mite to church.

(1) (Reply)

The Christian And Music / Secret Of Midnight Praise / Be Careful Of The Kind Of Anointing Oil You Buy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.