Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,770 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? (869 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. / Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? by Ayomax(m): 9:47am On Nov 18, 2012
I prayed for Nigeria this morning, can't really give a good reason why I did it but da spirit just came over me to do. can't even remember the last time I prayed or say something good about naija coz I'm one of those Nigerian tht swear or say bad things abt this country.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hmm..not surprised this thread is empty. If it had been something about tithes, sex or private jets it would have been like oshodi by now.
Just goes to show u the mindset of most people, not just christians.
Its also another reason nigeria isn't letting go of corruption anytime soon.
There's really no spirit of nationalism anymore, just individualism, myopic views, and way off priorities.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? by Ayomax(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
inurmind: Hmm..not surprised this thread is empty. If it had been something about tithes, sex or private jets it would have been like oshodi by now.
Just goes to show u the mindset of most people, not just christians.
Its also another reason nigeria isn't letting go of corruption anytime soon.
There's really no spirit of nationalism anymore, just individualism, myopic views, and way off priorities.
I wonder oooo, just 5 views and two comments. I cry for this country
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
Ayomax:
I wonder oooo, just 5 views and two comments. I cry for this country

U know, pple always blame the government for the state of nigeria. But its not the governments fault, its the peoples.

And the government is merely a random representation of the average nigerians. Everybody is so fixated on money and on themselves that nobody's able to look at the bigger picture.

If only people weren't so focused on battling the person from the other tribe, cursing the person with a different belief, trying to get a job in that big oil company; if people weren't so busy trying to elevate their ego; maybe, just maybe we might get it right...if only everybody truly cared about everybody else.

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Contnuies To Grow In The Islamic Maghreb / Does Christianity Breeds Arrogance, A Chosen-people Mentality / Is Death God Made Or Man Made?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.