Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,068 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? (2351 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Satan Is The Sweetest Name I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
Kslib: @obadiah,i think those interpretation you gave doesn't apply to all bible passages.It just depends on the aim/message a particular bible verse is tryinng to pass across.. So claiming that those are the general interpretations for them whenever you see them,doesnt make sense...
Ok you said trees means MEN.. A bible verse says "FOR THEY SHALL GROW AS OLD AS TREES".. Try changing trees for men in that verse and see if it makes any sense...
YOU ARE RIGHT. SOME WORDS ARE DICHOTOMOUS. HOWEVER IN THAT PARABLE ( AND IT WAS A PARABLE ) THE WOMEN WERE IDOLS. BASICALLY THE MESSAGE TO GET FROM THAT PARABLE IS THAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN THERE WILL BE NO IDOLS. PERIOD. KEEP IN MIND THE REASON ISRAEL WAS GOING THROUGH HELL WAS BECAUSE OF THEIR LOVE FOR WORSHIPPING IDOLS AND THINGS THEY CARVED THEMSELVES WITH THEIR OWN HANDS. ITS THE TRAIT OF EVERY BLACK MAN IN THIS WORLD FROM HAITI TO BRAZIL TO AFRICA. VOODOO AND IDOLATRY. ITS A CHARACTER FLAW FOR ISRAELITES. HOWEVER IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ALL THAT NONSENSE WILL BE PUT TO AN END
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2012
Brother buzugee, you know if you start reading that Matthew 22 from v23 down to 31, you'll find out that the sadducees asked Jesus a question about actual marriage (women) and not symbolic adultery or idol worship referred to in Revelation 14:4. Infact, that was why I asked that question! So, kindly re-check and give me your opinion. Thanks
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink: Brother buzugee, you know if you start reading that Matthew 22 from v23 down to 31, you'll find out that the sadducees asked Jesus a question about actual marriage (women) and not symbolic adultery or idol worship referred to in Revelation 14:4. Infact, that was why I asked that question! So, kindly re-check and give me your opinion. Thanks
i understand exactly where you are coming from brah. however christ only came for the elect. anyone who was not part of the elect, which the pharisees and saducees were not, he spoke to them in parables.

MATTHEW 13 VS 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO READ LITERAL MEANING INTO PARABLES. THE WHOLE NEW TESTAMENT IS WRITTEN IN PARABOLIC AND ALLEGORIC SPEECH. EVEN MOST OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by jaydude(f): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
Worshiping God!
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2012
Every good thing we ever wanted in the world that wasn't possible. Everything would be perfected including technology and the sons of Jah would enjoy it for eternity!

My view cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
doubleDx: Every good thing we ever wanted in the world that wasn't possible. Everything would be perfected including technology and the sons of Jah would enjoy it for eternity!

My view cheesy
NUFF RESPEK BLAD. I GREE PON THE POINTS YU RAISED RASTA. NUFF TEKNOLOGI PON HEAVEN cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boldness In Prayer / Bishop Solomon Koleayo Information. / The Philosophy Of Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.