Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,249 members, 7,849,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? (2354 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Satan Is The Sweetest Name I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Todaynatoday: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2012
Delafruita: so you think singing kumbaya for eternity makes a lot of sense?why the heck did yahweh not just make his creation the way he wanted and make them do exactly what he wanted?
I really don't know why, guess He wanted us to decide for ourselves if we wanted to truly serve Him. He does not force His will on us.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
seriallink:

The bolded is very funny! grin grin grin
Is it my fault? All we hear is stuffs like devil whipping michael jackson koboko in hell etc, cartoons carrying people to hell, weaveons carrying people to hell.
Nobody says sh*i*t about heaven. Is it that highho and all these nairalanders never go heaven come back ni?

Or should we volunteer to sponsor someone a ticket to heaven? But na to get the return ticket be wahala. In fact, we already know the road to hell, what i need now is a shortcut to heaven make i escape from this Nigeria quick quick. I don tire sef. But mind you, i love the heaven with 72(+5) virgins.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Todaynatoday: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
*dhtml:

Is it my fault? All we hear is stuffs like devil whipping michael jackson koboko in hell etc, cartoons carrying people to hell, weaveons carrying people to hell.
Nobody says sh*i*t about heaven. Is it that highho and all these nairalanders never go heaven come back ni?

Or should we volunteer to sponsor someone a ticket to heaven? But na to get the return ticket be wahala. In fact, we already know the road to hell, what i need now is a shortcut to heaven make i escape from this Nigeria quick quick. I don tire sef. But mind you, i love the heaven with 72(+5) virgins.
Yes, I get your point. And to add to that, why must the demons be the ones torturing the people in hell afterall they are part of the problem and should be getting tortured themselves.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2012
Todaynatoday: Yes, I get your point. And to add to that, why must the demons be the ones torturing the people in hell afterall they are part of the problem and should be getting tortured themselves.
That part i do not understand to be honest. But from what i know, demons hate human beings because they see us as images of the almight God that banished them to hell. So it only makes sense that they torture human beings there out of loath.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Todaynatoday: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
*dhtml:

That part i do not understand to be honest. But from what i know, demons hate human beings because they see us as images of the almight God that banished them to hell. So it only makes sense that they torture human beings there out of loath.
I think that they will all be punished together meaning the demons will get the same punishment as those they decieved.

Rev. 20 vs 10 :>> And the devil, who decieved them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulphur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
(NIV)
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by pastormustwacc: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2012
^^^I understand all that. But who is to say that satan in hell will not be tougher than humans in hell? And he will not be able to vent his anger on humans in hell?

Immagine locking a shark and a frog in a big tank of water. Well, they are prisons, but one has the advantage over another. I dont know if this correctly applies. But i will immagine demons/devil still having an upperhand in hell compared to humans. Afteral, even in prisons there are ranks.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by cyrexx: 6:32am On Nov 21, 2012
Todaynatoday: I really don't know why, guess He wanted us to decide for ourselves if we wanted to truly serve Him. He does not force His will on us.

and you think he gave man freewill by demanding them to serve him or burn in hell? Is that freewill or forced worship? Why would an omnipotent being has to use hell to generate worship from humans? Can the omnipotent God just create humans and make them CHOOSE to worship and serve him naturally by instict, without heaven to lure them into serving him or hell to threaten them into serving him?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Todaynatoday: 6:54am On Nov 21, 2012
cyrexx:

and you think he gave man freewill by demanding them to serve him or burn in hell? Is that freewill or forced worship? Why would an omnipotent being has to use hell to generate worship from humans? Can the omnipotent God just create humans and make them CHOOSE to worship and serve him naturally by instict, without heaven to lure them into serving him or hell to threaten them into serving him?
Exactly my point, God doesn't force us to serve Him & He doesn't use hell to generate worship at all. You serve God when you love Him and not because you are afraid of hell. Get it?
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by kreamy28(f): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2012
This topic is very interesting,n I saw different comment dat makes me laugh,I personal think to knw the sweetest thing in heaven is to get there ursef.the questn
is hw will i get there? The bible says... Jesus is the only way.
All I can contribute nw is pple shuld give there life to JESUS CHRIST n leave the rest to him.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by kreamy28(f): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2012
Pls the guy or gal who said is only 144,000 pple that are going to make it to heaven,should pls read rev.7:1-17 but he shuld focus more on same rev7:4-10,he or she will understand betta.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Image123(m): 7:41am On Nov 21, 2012
kreamy28: Pls the guy or gal who said is only 144,000 pple that are going to make it to heaven,should pls read rev.7:1-17 but he shuld focus more on same rev7:4-10,he or she will understand betta.
people don't say such things except folks like Jehovah Witnesses. Some say worse though, that noone is going to Heaven.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Delafruita(m): 10:04am On Nov 21, 2012
Todaynatoday: Exactly my point, God doesn't force us to serve Him & He doesn't use hell to generate worship at all. You serve God when you love Him and not because you are afraid of hell. Get it?
what an irony.religion is slavery
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Todaynatoday: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2012
Delafruita: what an irony.religion is slavery
Have you ever tried serving the one true God in spirit and in truth? (forget about religion). You should know that there is a God and He loves you, He won't force you to serve Him, you have to come to Him willingly.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Boomark(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2012
obadiah777:
SO TO ANSWER THE INITIAL QUESTION-THE SWEETEST THING WILL BE THE SWEETEST THING TO YOU NOW WHICH IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW BECAUSE ITS THE SAME EARTH. WE WILL EAT DRINK MAKE MERRY HAVE WIVES AND KIDS, GROW VERY OLD ( AS OLD AS TREES ) BEFORE WE TRANSLATE INTO THE SPIRIT WORLD FOR REST. ALL THESE WE WILL DO IN RIGHTEOUSNESS. THE LEADERSHIP OF THE WORLD WILL BE RIGHTEOUS SO IT WILL BE A RIGHTEOUS WORLD.

What do you mean by the bolded? Do you have any scriptural backup for it.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2012
Boomark:

What do you mean by the bolded? Do you have any scriptural backup for it.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 65 VS 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Image123(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
Acts 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by deebrain(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
Religion and confusion...... grin

asper the 72 or 77 virgins {for guys i guess} does it mean that we are believers and strive to please God all because of a future great sexual jamboree we are going to experience in heaven? What about women? what are they going to get?
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Kslib(m): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
obadiah777:
A NEW HEAVEN MEANS NEW RULERSHIP ON EARTH. THE NEW RULERSHIP WILL BE THOSE WHO MADE IT INTO HEAVEN BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS. AND A NEW EARTH IS THOSE WHO DID NOT MAKE IT TO HEAVEN BUT WILL BE UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF HEAVEN.[b]

kai dis obadiah sef ehn... If person no make heaven,e mean say he/she make hell be dat nah... So which one come be new earth for people who did not make heaven under the authority of those who made it... Sin hinders one from making heaven,so it means those who didn't make heaven are sinners.. So why would GOD allow them to still exist.. There will be no more sin... Abi no be so bible talk am[THERE WILL BE NO MORE SIN]..
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Lasinoh: 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
No phocking for Christians! grin
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Boomark(m): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
obadiah777: ISAIAH CHAPTER 65 VS 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.

I thought we are going to rejoice forever in what our God is creating. So what is v20 saying? That people will die afterall?
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
Boomark:

I thought we are going to rejoice forever in what our God is creating. So what is v20 saying? That people will die afterall?
no human lives forever. not even in the kingdom. sorry to burst your bubble grin . what part of the scripture did you see humans living forever ?
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kslib:
kai dis obadiah sef ehn... If person no make heaven,e mean say he/she make hell be dat nah... So which one come be new earth for people who did not make heaven under the authority of those who made it... Sin hinders one from making heaven,so it means those who didn't make heaven are sinners.. So why would GOD allow them to still exist.. There will be no more sin... Abi no be so bible talk am[THERE WILL BE NO MORE SIN]..
brah ? where in the scripture did you see a place called hell ? cuz i havent. i suggest you stop listening to your lying pastors grin
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Kslib(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
obadiah777: brah ? where in the scripture did you see a place called hell ? cuz i havent. i suggest you stop listening to your lying pastors grin
Me?? I no dey even go church sef..lol
but seriously what i meant was that if you dont make heaven,it means you wont be in existence a..ka..a dead in the sight of GOD.. So answer my queshion??

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
deebrain: Religion and confusion...... grin

asper the 72 or 77 virgins {for guys i guess} does it mean that we are believers and strive to please God all because of a future great sexual jamboree we are going to experience in heaven? What about women? what are they going to get?

I believe the bolded is for the Muslim Heaven(Aljana) grin No be small thing oh!!!
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Boomark(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
obadiah777: no human lives forever. not even in the kingdom. sorry to burst your bubble grin . what part of the scripture did you see humans living forever ?

Revelation 21:1-4
New International Version (NIV)
A New Heaven and a New Earth

1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a
new earth,”[a] for the first heaven
and the first earth had passed
away, and there was no longer any
sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new
Jerusalem, coming down out of
heaven from God, prepared as a
bride beautifully dressed for her
husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice
from the throne saying, “Look!
God’s dwelling place is now among
the people, and he will dwell with
them. They will be his people, and
God himself will be with them and
be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every
tear from their eyes. There will be
no more death’
or mourning or
crying or pain, for the old order of
things has passed away.”

sorry to burst your blom blom grin.

Death will be no more. Who will do the killing when death has been destroyed?
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Boomark(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
obadiah777: no human lives forever. not even in the kingdom. sorry to burst your bubble grin . what part of the scripture did you see humans living forever ?

no more death’
or mourning or
things has passed away.”

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
Boomark:

no more death’
or mourning or
things has passed away.”

there will be no more spiritual death. thats what that is talking about. no human lives forever. you guys are caught up in roman catholic doctrine. no wonder atheists laugh at christianity. you guys come in with heresies. does that even sound right to you ? human body living forever and ever ? does that sound normal to you ?

spiritual death is spiritual darkness as most of the world is in now. however there will be no more spiritual darkness. we will all be connected to God forever through his son who will be amongst us. thats what that is talking about

BOOK OF ISAIAH CHAPTER 65 ELABORATELY DESCRIBES HOW OUR LIFE WILL BE IN THE KINGDOM AND HOW WE WILL LIVE TO BE AS OLD AS TREES BEFORE WE DIE PHYSICALLY. IS THE BIBLE A LIAR OR ARE YOU JUST CONFUSING PHYSICAL DEATH WITH SPIRITUAL DEATH ?
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
Kslib:
Me?? I no dey even go church sef..lol
but seriously what i meant was that if you dont make heaven,it means you wont be in existence a..ka..a dead in the sight of GOD.. So answer my queshion??
if you dont make heaven you will still be in the kingdom of heaven but you will not be a man of importance. you will be a citizen. you will be the least in the kingdom of heaven

let me reiterate. heaven means RULERSHIP in the context of trying to make heaven. RULERSHIP AND OWNERSHIP. not everyone is going to make heaven. many are called but few are chosen. those who are not chosen will be citizens in the kingdom of heaven

MATTHEW 5 VS 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 23, 2012
@Bro buzugee, could please explain this passage? Will there be marriage in the Kingdom?

Matthew 22:29-31 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink: @Bro buzugee, could please explain this passage? Will there be marriage in the Kingdom?

Matthew 22:29-31 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
MEANS THEY ARE NOT MARRIED TO IDOLS AND PHILOSOPHIES. THATS BIBLICAL WORD FOR WOMEN. IDOLS.

REVELATION 14 VS 4[b] These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure.[/b] SO IN THE RESSURECTION OF CHRIST, THERE WILL BE NO MORE IDOLS. THEY WILL BE FULLY DEDICATED TO GOD ( ANGEL MEANS A MESSENGER OF GOD ). <<<<< BROTHER SERIALLINK IF YOU DONT GET A DICTIONARY OF BIBLICAL WORDS AND WHAT THEY MEAN YOU WILL CONTINUE TO ERR IN THESE SCRIPTURES. FOR EXAMPLE DID YOU KNOW

TREES = MEN
MOUNTAIN = COUNTRY
LEAST = HATED
SUN = WISDOM
MOON = UNDERSTANDING
WOMAN = IDOLS
VIRGIN = UNWED ETC ETC ETC ETC. <<<< IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT BIBLICAL WORDS MEAN YOU WILL CONTINUE TO ERR IN SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
seriallink: @Bro buzugee, could please explain this passage? Will there be marriage in the Kingdom?

MEANS THEY ARE NOT MARRIED TO IDOLS AND PHILOSOPHIES. THATS BIBLICAL WORD FOR WOMEN. IDOLS.

REVELATION 14 VS 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. <<< WOMEN = IDOLS

SO IN THE RESSURECTION OF CHRIST, THERE WILL BE NO MORE IDOLS. THEY WILL BE FULLY DEDICATED TO GOD ( ANGEL MEANS A MESSENGER OF GOD ). <<<<< BROTHER SERIALLINK IF YOU DONT GET A DICTIONARY OF BIBLICAL WORDS AND WHAT THEY MEAN YOU WILL CONTINUE TO ERR IN THESE SCRIPTURES. FOR EXAMPLE DID YOU KNOW

TREES = MEN
MOUNTAIN = COUNTRY
LEAST = HATED
SUN = WISDOM
MOON = UNDERSTANDING
WOMAN = IDOLS
VIRGIN = UNWED ETC ETC ETC ETC. <<<< IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT BIBLICAL WORDS MEAN YOU WILL CONTINUE TO ERR IN SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION
Re: What Do You Think Would Be The Sweetest Thing In Heaven? by Kslib(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
@obadiah,i think those interpretation you gave doesn't apply to all bible passages.It just depends on the aim/message a particular bible verse is tryinng to pass across.. So claiming that those are the general interpretations for them whenever you see them,doesnt make sense...
Ok you said trees means MEN.. A bible verse says "FOR THEY SHALL GROW AS OLD AS TREES".. Try changing trees for men in that verse and see if it makes any sense...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Philosophy Of Reality / Healing And Deliverance On Nairaland By The Power Of God In The Name Of Jesus / Thread For Those That Have Opened Their 6th Chakra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.