Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Philosophy Of Reality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Philosophy Of Reality (2341 Views)

What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... / The Philosophy Of Truth Through Pictorial Arguments / Rapsody Of Reality***how This Words Can Change Your Life*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Of course my philosophy is based on and is knowledge of Gods word.

What is reality? Is it subjective? Or objective?
Is what is real there? Is it the same and unchanging irrespective of time and space, thoughts, etc?
Let this be spoken of in reference to ones thoughts of God and reality.

Here is my own opinion. You can give yours later.
The bible God is objective of course. He has always existed and is always there and all-powerful irrespective of ones thoughts or perception of him. So if you think he's non-existent, that does not change anything. He is self-sustaining and allpowerful, omnipotent and omniscient. He is the sustainer and upholder of reality, physical, spiritual, etc(that's what connects him to the topic in case you were wondering). He is reality himself.

Now I'll say one other thing. Aspects of his reality are also written in our mentality.
These verses support that.
Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
One of the aspects of Gods reality, and ours also, as beings created in Gods image, is his law, written in our hearts:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

You cannot claim that we evolved a moral code. No. Animals have no law.

If we're animals, then we're lawless, we cannot be blamed for acting like animals. This very mentality is what is producing lawlessness and immorality among some people today.
So the fact that we have a moral code written in our hearts show that aspects of Gods reality are known in our consciousness.

You see, gods are a figment of imagination, of subjective reasoning of reality, there are absolute truths written in our consciousness, like what is right and wrong, and how to discern between right and wrong in particular situation. There is also an absolute God. Our subjective perceptions of him will not change his objective reality. One other example of an objective truth is sin. Sin is also subject to the reasonings of subjectivity, but its reality is inherent in us. It is also written down in the bible.(That's why the gospel pierces hearts, all men identify with sins objectivity, and the fact that sin must be punished).

So here's what a doctor of optical physics I know said.(In my words)
God is real and unchanging, objective, we view him from different perspectives and have different images of him. Some are real, some are virtual, some are even at infinity(to these ones, God is non-existent and cannot have an image, I think), so if you claim to have Gods real image, let us see him in the screen of your life.

So our subjective reasonings of God and reality all end up as nonsense most times. According to scripture, since men kept denying the objective truth of God inherent in them, he gave them away, and chose to reveal his objective self over a period of time, from abraham, to israel, to the world in the person of Christ Jesus.

Oya make una tok una own. I don finish.

1 Like

Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Good post. I love this scripture.

(Titus 2:11-14) For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, {12} teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, {13} looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, {14} who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

1 Like

Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Bidam: Good post. I love this scripture.

(Titus 2:11-14) For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, {12} teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, {13} looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, {14} who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
thank you sir.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
1/10

Try again.

You cannot claim that we evolved a moral code. No. Animals have no law.

If we're animals, then we're lawless, we cannot be blamed for acting like animals. This very mentality is what is producing lawlessness and immorality among some people today.
So the fact that we have a moral code written in our hearts show that aspects of Gods reality are known in our consciousness.

^^^
poor philosophy based on ignorance on evolution and man's thinking ability.

We have laws because we think
We have a better morality than animals because we can bypass our survival instincts with reasoning
The same way I can remove God from my mind because god is a shallow idea
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
Logicboy03: 1/10

Try again.

^^^
poor philosophy based on ignorance on evolution and man's thinking ability.

We have laws because we think
We have a better morality than animals because we can bypass our survival instincts with reasoning
The same way I can remove God from my mind because god is a shallow idea
smh. I did not bring you here to rate the thread. I invited you so you'd see truth.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. I did not bring you here to rate the thread. I invited you so you'd see truth.

in other words, you invited me to acknowledge faith....to close my brain to reasoning abi?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
BS.

Big one.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

in other words, you invited me to acknowledge faith....to close my brain to reasoning abi?
Faith requires thinking or else one does not know in whom one is believing. It does not exclude it, but in fact encourages it, although the thinking process, like anything else in the Christian sense is to be under the captivity of Christ.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
Bidam: Faith requires thinking or else one does not know in whom one is believing. It does not exclude it, but in fact encourages it, although the thinking process, like anything else in the Christian sense is to be under the captivity of Christ.

madness
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

so acknowledging faith closes your brain to reasoning?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: so acknowledging faith closes your brain to reasoning?

Yes....or else why would you believe in a talking donkey? Or that a magnificent God would prefer to scribble on stone like a caveman?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst:
The bible God is objective of course. He has always existed and is always there and all-powerful irrespective of ones thoughts or perception of him. So if you think he's non-existent, that does not change anything. He is self-sustaining and allpowerful, omnipotent and omniscient. He is the sustainer and upholder of reality, physical, spiritual, etc(that's what connects him to the topic in case you were wondering). He is reality himself.
Show me one God that this argument can not be made for and why.

Joshthefirst:
You cannot claim that we evolved a moral code.
Funny. Didn't God's moral code also evolve? What's that old feeble argument about New Testament/Covenant and Old Testament? Grace vs Law?

TBC
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2013

FAITH is walking into an ocean with paddles.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes....or else why would you believe in a talking donkey? Or that a magnificent God would prefer to scribble on stone like a caveman?

Cue allegory.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

I anticipated this.
1. Why would you believe in evolution which states a monkey is your distant cousin? Instead of that you're made in Gods image, you ridiculously believe with no single evidence that you're an animal. Is that not foolishness.
2. He gave the law in a means the people would understand.
3. Once you acknowledge God, you realize that nothing is impossible for him
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
aManFromMars:
Show me one God that this argument can not be made for and why.

Funny. Didn't God's moral code also evolve? What's that old feeble argument about New Testament/Covenant and Old Testament? Grace vs Law?

TBC
God's moral code never evolved, but that is for another thread.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: God's moral code never evolved, but that is for another thread.
Of course it did. Christ did that. Check your Scriptures again. Compare the Sermon on the Mount to the Old Testiment. I am not saying this in defiance to your words here Joshthefirst. Please, parden me. I simply could not let that one pass.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:
Of course it did. Christ did that. Check your Scriptures again. Compare the Sermon on the Mount to the Old Testiment. I am not saying this in defiance to your words here Joshthefirst. Please, parden me. I simply could not let that one pass.
no need to say that ma'am. I might be wrong. We can open another thread for this issue later.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by MrTroll(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. I did not bring you here to rate the thread. I invited you so you'd see truth.
hehehehehe. I couldn't resist quoting this. For some reason i just couldn't stop laughing.grin

@Tex, i hope you realise the implications of saying that your gods morality changed from the old testament to the new testament?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: no need to say that ma'am. I might be wrong. We can open another thread for this issue later.
Not to make too fine a point on it, Mr. Troll, but you were right here. I did not, however, intercede on your behalf. I was simply stating a fact. Something that can be proven conclusively with the bible.

Imagine that. wink
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by MrTroll(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
^^^

I'm confused here. Were you addressing me or Josh?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mr Troll: hehehehehe. I couldn't resist quoting this. For some reason i just couldn't stop laughing.grin

@Tex, i hope you realise the implications of saying that your gods morality changed from the old testament to the new testament?
Of course I do.

The death and reserection of Jesus Christ fulfilled the law. Because of this, a higher law was given.

And no I don't now want to now have a debate about it.

We will have plenty of that when we all get together. Lord help us on that day. tongue
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by MrTroll(m): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:
Of course I do.

The death and reserection of Jesus Christ fulfilled the law. Because of this, a higher law was given.

We will have plenty of that when we all get together. Lord help us on that day. tongue
What!? You want to get me lynched abi? Debating the existence of god in public in 9ja? Hahahahaha. Nice try tongue
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2013

heb 11:1 faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

pro 3:5 never stick to your own understanding

from the two case.....the brain is not involve
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2013
Mr Troll: What!? You want to get me lynched abi? Debating the existence of god in public in 9ja? Hahahahaha. Nice try tongue

Hadn't thought of that. Hmmm. Guess we will actually have to have a civilized conversation. Do you think the group we are putting together can pull that off? grin wink
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:
Of course I do.

get together? Cool. Plus, we're saying the same thing ma'am
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
texanomaly:

Hadn't thought of that. Hmmm. Guess we will actually have to have a civilized conversation. Do you think the group we are putting together can pull that off? grin wink
I think its near impossible grin
But don't listen to mr troll. angry He's even trolling his own home country. Smh
Edit: @ troll, who told you we'd be lynched for talking about gods existence?
Stop making a bad impression. angry
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: get together? Cool. Plus, we're saying the same thing ma'am
smiley
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

heb 11:1 faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

pro 3:5 never stick to your own understanding

from the two case.....the brain is not involve
read bidams post. The one logicboy called madness. We reason on the lines of God's word.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

madness
To you may be.

Isaiah 1:18.Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God has from time to time permitted man to reason with him (Genesis 18:23-32; Exodus 4:1-17; Job 23:3-7; Micah 6:2)
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by MrTroll(m): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
texanomaly:

what group? who are the members of said group?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by MrTroll(m): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: I think its near impossible grin
But don't listen to mr troll. angry He's even trolling his own home country. Smh
Edit: @ troll, who told you we'd be lynched for talking about gods existence?
Stop making a bad impression. angry
nah! i'm being careful bros. we are a fanatic people, afraid of shaking up the status quo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Church Posters !!!!! / Identify The God Thread / 7 Myths About Babalawos And Iyanifas You Should Know [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.