Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,173 members, 7,845,850 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland (5362 Views)

Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / BREAKING NEWS: Former Ondo State Governor Olusegun Agagu Is Dead / Efcc Arrest Former Ondo State Governor, Segun Agagu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by geez1: 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
ifechez:

the op may be right but we care less. Taraba state is bigger than the entire south east but its not economically vibrant as sokoto road, onitsha. So its nt abt quantity or hw big bt abt substance and productivity.

How on earth do people reason like this?

Even from the GDP of states Nigera, the GDP so Anambra isn't double that of Taraba so how can you a street in Onitsha is more economically vibrant than a whole state?
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by geez1: 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
ifechez:

the op may be right but we care less. Taraba state is bigger than the entire south east but its not economically vibrant as sokoto road, onitsha. So its nt abt quantity or hw big bt abt substance and productivity.

Even from the GDP of states Nigera (which measures the total economic output of the state), the GDP so Anambra isn't double that of Taraba so how can you a street in Onitsha is more economically vibrant than a whole state?
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by hakanai(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
@op you don buy market for people!! Which one you bring this kind argument? Now see people don go back to all sorts of tribal attack. grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
Check this stats from the government here. I can help you with some extract

Oyo state Poverty 51.8% Unemployment 8.9%
Osun State Poverty 37.9% Unemployment 3%
Ogun State Poverty 62.3% Unemployment 22.9%
Ondo State Poverty 45.7% Unemployment 12.5%
Ekiti State Poverty 52.4% Unemployment 12.1%
Lagos State Poverty 48.6% Unemployment 8.3%

Anambra State Poverty 56.8% Unemployment 12.1%
Enugu State Poverty 62.5% Unemployment 25.2%
Imo State Poverty 50.5% Unemployment 26.1%
Abia State Poverty 57.4% Unemployment 11.2%
Ebonyi State Poverty 73.6% Unemployment 23.1%

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information

Osun Oyo and Lagos State have Unemployment under 10 % and Only Ogun State have over 20%. No single Igbo state has Unemployment under 10% actually 3 of them have over 20%

In terms of Poverty Lagos, Osun and Ondo have Poverty under 50% , While No single Igbo state have Poverty under 50% Ebonyi has almost 3/4 of the people living in abject poverty

No wonder every Igbo man wants to flee the hunger and poverty in Igbo land to the Southwest
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by geez1: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
dayokanu: Check this stats from the government here. I can help you with some extract

Osun Oyo and Lagos State have Unemployment under 10 % and Only Ogun State have over 20%. No single Igbo state has Unemployment under 10% actually 3 of them have over 20%

In terms of Poverty Lagos, Osun and Ondo have Poverty under 50% , While No single Igbo state have Poverty under 50% Ebonyi has almost 3/4 of the people living in abject poverty

No wonder every Igbo man wants to flee the hunger and poverty in Igbo land to the Southwest

Men! Poverty is an epidemic in the SE. The lands are barren, the productive ones have been washed away by erosion and the hunger and starvation real in the face of squalor and abject poverty. The landmass is also small and the resources limited. Seems like there's a war between prosperity and the indigenes. It's no wonder the few successful ones are kidnapped for even as low as 50k ransom. Banks and bankers operate in fear. It's a region close to the Sahel and as bare as the Sahara. cry cry cry

Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by danjohn: 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
TGlobe you need to have your head examined. My guess is that you are an illiterate. Your ignorance, though offensive, is very funny. Even if Oyo has more land mass than the entire South East, so what?? Sudan, Algeria, Nigeria, Mali, Niger, and Democratic Republic of Congo all have more land than Japan. But that does not make those countries more viable than Japan. Russia has more land than the US but that does not make Russia the world's global super power.

I cannot believe that I am dignifying the garbage you posted with a response. For goodness sake Lagos is the smallest state in the country yet it is the commercial capital of Nigeria. By your disjointed logic, Niger, Borno, and Taraba should be the most viable states because they have the most land. I do not understand why some nairalanders love to engage in ethnic bashing. If at all you want to engage in ethnic bashing, the least you can do is make sense.
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by kettykin: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Please all enlightened people will do them selves a lot of good by disregarding the errors being propagated by an unidentified fellow as being the GDP , poverty and employment figures from some state in Nigeria , these figures are cooked up and do not measure the real data or else how can one explain Anambra having the 4 largest number of banks and financial houses after lagos , abuja and port harcourt being placed below oyo, osun , ondo states that are purely civil service states , how come this data is coming from an unknown government agency and not the CBN
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by ifechez: 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
geez*:

Even from the GDP of states Nigera (which measures the total economic output of the state), the GDP so Anambra isn't double that of Taraba so how can you a street in Onitsha is more economically vibrant than a whole state?

u are a hopeless, jobless yoruba cow. Unlike u lots dat go abt looking for IGBOS where they are nt, we dnt live in denial. A wel travelled nigerian knows where poverty is more pronoused. Wen i wrote abt economic vibrancy, i implied dat more people are likely to become millionaires in sokoto road, onitsha than d entire taraba state. Its nt a fallacy dat there are more banks at sokoto road, onitsha than d taraba state as a whole. Ewu yoruba make sure u no shit for nylon bag b4 u reply my post.
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 20, 2012
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by odumdesmond: 9:54am On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu: Check this stats from the government here. I can help you with some extract

Its funny that we now have statistics in Nigeria that is accurate! It only gets accurate when we want to use it to smear another tribe and glorify ours. Is it not same statsitics that put poverty at below 40% in Nigeria, that says our economy is witnessing boom with a double digit growth rate( even in the absence of critical infrastructure like power, good road etc) statistic also shows that Nigeria's return on investment is almost 100%, that infant mortality is now less than 3 in every 10 thousand , same statistic that puts literacy in Nigeria as over 70% (even where 75 in 100 kids in Borno, Yobo and most states in the north don't go to sch), same statistics that says that in 8 years time (2020) Nigeria will join the league of 20 economic super powers eventhough it currently generates less than 4000 megawatta for a population of 160million( that if this statistic is correct) . is it where you got your own figures too? There is no problem if SE is the poorest in Nigeria, but being the most commercial active people in Nigeria have the greatest potential to move out of poverty in the nearest future, faster than an Ekiti professor who might die in poverty depending on the government and teaching students your kind of statistics!!! Facts are sacred, the most progressive people are people who travel a lot to other land where they tap the resources lying dormant that citizens of the place due to complacency of being home are not seeing. That is the secret of Ibo success in business in Nigeria. Give a well bred ibo man 1k, give others same amount and after one year, ask them to account. It is not juju, it simply runs in the blood, resilience, independence, ''shrewdness'' etc. Ibo man you see wearing short trousers in Alaba market owns mansion somwhere. Virtually everywhere in my own small village has witnessed this rapid growth by these "boys" you guys choose to insult as beggars in your land. Yet u guys paint south east as aplace where all their citizens ve abandoned, a place where no one wants to live, yet mega cities are found in Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba, Enugu, Owerri, with very dense population. Poverty is aNigerian phenomenon and not any tribes inheritance, stop saying " I am better than you in poverty" poverty is what units Africans

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by geez1: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2012
ifechez:

u are a hopeless, jobless yoruba cow. Unlike u lots dat go abt looking for IGBOS where they are nt, we dnt live in denial. A wel travelled nigerian knows where poverty is more pronoused. Wen i wrote abt economic vibrancy, i implied dat more people are likely to become millionaires in sokoto road, onitsha than d entire taraba state. Its nt a fallacy dat there are more banks at sokoto road, onitsha than d taraba state as a whole. Ewu yoruba make sure u no shit for nylon bag b4 u reply my post.

What do you mean by 'likely to become millionaires'. If only you understood business or entrepreneurship, then your sorry a** will realize that the more underdeveloped the place is, the greater the potential but the black man mind sees it the other way round, not surprising your people gush to the SW like water from over the Niagara
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by geez1: 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by SpearHead: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
obitwo:

Very funny. Comparing the erosion in Yorubaland to that in Igboland is like comparing Lake Chad with the Atlantic Ocean
This is kwara state. Stop exaggerating igbo issues with your good for nothing afonja media

Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by SpearHead: 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
geez1:

Men! Poverty is an epidemic in the SE. The lands are barren, the productive ones have been washed away by erosion and the hunger and starvation real in the face of squalor and abject poverty. The landmass is also small and the resources limited. Seems like there's a war between prosperity and the indigenes. It's no wonder the few successful ones are kidnapped for even as low as 50k ransom. Banks and bankers operate in fear. It's a region close to the Sahel and as bare as the Sahara. cry cry cry
This is kwara state.... To mention but a few

Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by noah91(m): 6:42am On Sep 11, 2018
But in truth, the SE should be the most developed region in the world with 5 states and lots of run away indigenes, and each state has a governor, many commissioners, HOA members, Local govt chairmen for a land that covers only abt 29,00square km compared to a state like Kwara which is larger and has only one governor and 16 local govt areas. In truth, Igbos should hold their leaders more accountable. The Federal Govt has marginalized every region in the south including the SW. The SE leaders be more proactive and learn to do something by themselves even if it requires collaboration
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by capitalzero: 7:07am On Sep 11, 2018
is it by size? op and those supporting him are slowpokes. population or land mass does not matter. It is quality of human resources and technology that matter.
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by ForumNL(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2022
SE supposed to be just one state, it's just like saying EDO state divide into 5

in terms of development, truth be told South west is ahead every other region in nigeria, in fact in every area - Education, infrastructure, development, civilization etc

I don't know why Igbo are always trying to compete with Yorubas when they are not even up to we EDO

IGBOS HATRED FOR YORUBAS IS TOO MUCH
I'm Edo and by extension I'm still Oduduwa
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by gidgiddy: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
ForumNL:
SE supposed to be just one state, it's just like saying EDO state divide into 5

in terms of development, truth be told South west is ahead every other region in nigeria, in fact in every area - Education, infrastructure, development, civilization etc

I don't know why Igbo are always trying to compete with Yorubas when they are not even up to we EDO

IGBOS HATRED FOR YORUBAS IS TOO MUCH
I'm Edo and by extension I'm still Oduduwa

Bro, elections are coming, the population of Edo State is not even 3 quarters of that of Anambra State

When elections come, will it be population that will vote or will it be land that will vote?

You can have all the land in the world, but if you dont have the population, you are no where
Re: Do You Know That Oyo State Or Former Ondo Or Kwara Are Bigger Than Igboland by ForumNL(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
gidgiddy:

Bro, elections are coming, the population of Edo State is not even 3 quarters of that of Anambra State

When elections come, will it be population that will vote or will it be land that will vote?

You can have all the land in the world, but if you dont have the population, you are no where

EDO population is more than 2 states in East

Eastern Nigeria supposed to be single state, I don't have your time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

America No Longer Need Nigerian Oil- Pres. Obama / Update On The Biafra Agitation In Onitsha (photos) / NASS Crisis: National Assembly Strike Can't Stop Plenary – Femi Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.