Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Where Did God Come From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did God Come From? (15959 Views)

The Evil Spirit That Corrupted Lucifer (satan's) Mind; Where Did It Come From? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did God Come From? by bawomol(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
did God appear from nothing. or did something create God. answers please.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by jagunlabi(m): 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2008
Do you really expect anybody here to have an answer to that question?Get real!.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by bawomol(m): 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2008
if there's no answer to the question, why believe in something u have no clue about. how did God come into existence
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
If we assume that God came from somewhere (call it point X) and settled at the point He is now, then we must also ask:

- Where was He before He came to point X?
- And where was He before that?
, and on, and on, and on.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by jagunlabi(m): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2008
And it leads to nowhere.
But just because we do not know where the creator comes from,does not mean that "IT" does not exist.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2008
jagunlabi:

And it leads to nowhere.
But just because we do not know where the creator comes from,does not mean that "IT" does not exist.
Beautiful. That's why God is called:

- the unmoved Mover
- the unchanging Changer
- Being itself
- etc, etc
Re: Where Did God Come From? by dafidixone(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2008

God is existence grin

Now ask your self where does existence come from? cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Where Did God Come From? by bawomol(m): 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2008
God is existence Grin

Now ask your self where does existence come from? Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

so how do u PROOF God is existence. is existence timeless?? why can't we just say the galaxy has always existed without claiming some God created it
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2008
Exodus 3:14 -> "I am that I am"

His name that He gave to Moses is loaded with theology/metaphysics/etc/etc
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Maykelly(f): 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
bawomol:

bawomol:

if there's no answer to the question, why believe in something u have no clue about. how did God come into existence

I want to believe your not an Anti-Christ or a DEVIL even worst than SATAN. If your answer is NO. Then be careful. Do not ask silly questions. I also want to believe that you worship somewhere - be you Moslem or Christain. AND AGAIN BE CAREFUL.

"WHEN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION - I WILL TELL YOU WHERE GOD IS FROM"

QUESTION:   WERE DID YOU COME FROM TO THIS EARTH.
And if you cannot tell us then there is no need believing in you. I quote you again
bawomol:

Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Him(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2008
bawomol:

how did the earth come into existence?

As soon as you provide a logical, coherent and proven answer i will promptly tell you how God came into existence.

If however there is no answer to my question then permit me to wonder why you believe that the earth exists.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by princeonx: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2008
God's existance is a MYSTERY that we will NEVER EVER know! so guy, leave it alone before you commit! if you can ask that smart question, I'm sure you can start a thread with other smart topic but pls leave this one cux no ONE, no ANGEL, or SPIRIT both in heaven or earth can answer your question.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by dafidixone(m): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ Poster,

I am happy you know that God exist. grin

Everything in life is about beleive. Just believe. grin

Or were were you there when your so call biological father was born? How do you he is your father?

Do you know you date of birth? How?

There are lots more to ask about yourselve but for God, grin grin grin GOd is the begining of all thing. It may interest you to know He (GOd ) is also the end of all.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

In the begining God created, cheesy
Re: Where Did God Come From? by bawomol(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2008

QUESTION: WERE DID YOU COME FROM TO THIS EARTH. And if you cannot tell us then there is no need believing in you. I quote you again

i came from my mothers womb after my father impregnated her. i'm reality, u can see, touch and feel me.

u are the one that claims GOd exists, the burden of PROOF is on u. all i know, is that the earth is made of matter. matter may have always existed through eternity for all we know.

God's existance is a MYSTERY that we will NEVER EVER know! so guy, leave it alone before you commit! if you can ask that smart question, I'm sure you can start a thread with other smart topic but please leave this one cux no ONE, no ANGEL, or SPIRIT both in heaven or earth can answer your question.

if GOd existence is a mystery, then how are u able to worship him or have a personal relationship with him. it's pretty hard to have a relationship with an unknown entity don't u think?? why can't the angel explain GOD's existence if they are always with him in heaven??

In the begining God created

the theory of Genesis has been shut down repeatedly. what do u think about evolution. did God start evolution??
Re: Where Did God Come From? by princeonx: 8:07pm On Feb 06, 2008
So are u saying that God doesn't exist? or are you simply losing it! u better go see a doctor if u believe that one exist!
Re: Where Did God Come From? by princeonx: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2008
u came from your mothers womb after your dad impregnated her! why didn't your dad have you himself since you originally came from him and don't believe in mysteries?

where and what do you do when you're sleeping? why is there day and night? I guess all that are science to you! men u better go check yourself na so e dey start.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Lady2(f): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ bAWOMOL

You won't get the answers u want. But I just wnat u to understand that the proof u need is in history. There is no historian on this earth that can claim that the events that led to our belief in God did not take place they happened and most importantly that Christ walked the earth and he performed miracles and he said the things he said.
Now if u choose not to believe that's all on u, keep in mind that the devil lurks everywhere and is looking for a way to get back at God for dismissing him. He's still challenging God.

If u want to believe that there's no God, then ask yourself why is it that all these things have happened and there are witnesses to it. Logically and with the backing of history u cannot prove that God doesn't exist.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2008
If anyone can SINCERELY look at nature (the impressive sun, the planets, the sea, the fishes, atoms, etc etc) and still claim that there is no God, there must be something blinding that person.

It (the blinding agent) could sometimes be a bad habit that the person is not willing to let go of. Check yourself.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Him(m): 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
bawomol:

u are the one that claims GOd exists, the burden of PROOF is on u. all i know, is that the earth is made of matter. matter may have always existed through eternity for all we know.

You are the one who claims the earth exists, the burden of PROOF is on you. all i know is that God is a spirit. Spirits may have always existed through eternity for all we know.

thank you.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Him(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2008
bawomol:

if GOd existence is a mystery, then how are u able to worship him or have a personal relationship with him. it's pretty hard to have a relationship with an unknown entity don't u think?? why can't the angel explain GOD's existence if they are always with him in heaven??

If the evolution of man is a mystery (that has NO proof), then how are you able to write it down in textbooks and teach your kids such bull? Its pretty hard to look an ape in the face and claim that he is your ancestor dont you think?
why cant science explain HOW you descended from an ape?

bawomol:

In the begining God created

the theory of Genesis has been shut down repeatedly. what do u think about evolution. did God start evolution??

The big bang theory has also been shut down repeatedly. What do you think about evolution? Have you ever witnessed it?
Re: Where Did God Come From? by KAG: 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2008
4Him:

As soon as you provide a logical, coherent and proven answer i will promptly tell you how God came into existence.

If however there is no answer to my question then permit me to wonder why you believe that the earth exists.

"The prevailing theory is that they [planets, including the Earth] are formed during the collapse of a nebula into a thin disk of gas and dust. A protostar forms at the core, surrounded by a rotating protoplanetary disk. Through accretion (a process of sticky collision) dust particles in the disk steadily accumulate mass to form ever-larger bodies. Local concentrations of mass known as planetesimals form, and these accelerate the accretion process by drawing in additional material by their gravitational attraction, " (sauciness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet#Formation)

Your turn
Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Play(m): 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2008
KAG:

"The prevailing theory is that they [planets, including the Earth] are formed during the collapse of a nebula into a thin disk of gas and dust. A protostar forms at the core, surrounded by a rotating protoplanetary disk. Through accretion (a process of sticky collision) dust particles in the disk steadily accumulate mass to form ever-larger bodies. Local concentrations of mass known as planetesimals form, and these accelerate the accretion process by drawing in additional material by their gravitational attraction, " (sauciness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet#Formation)
Your turn

"The prevailing theory" is your idea of a proven answer?
Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Him(m): 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2008
KAG:

Your turn

"The prevailing theory is that He [God] is timeless, incomprehensible, the alpha and the omega, the begining and the ending. He created the heavens and the earth, made man in His own image and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Through the process of redemption He came down to earth, took up the likeness of sinful flesh to die for the sins of you and me that through Him we might have eternal life.
After His ascension, He came down and shed Himself abroad in the hearts of those who believe in the form of the Holy Spirit . . . a process of drawing us to Himself by Spiritual attraction." (source: the bible)

Hope i've answered your question
Re: Where Did God Come From? by KAG: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2008
prince_onx:

u came from your mothers womb after your dad impregnated her! why didn't your dad have you himself since you originally came from him and don't believe in mysteries?

Men don't have the capability to get pregnant because human beings - like other mammals - are of two varieties. The female is the one with the evolved capacity to give birth to an offspring.

where and what do you do when you're sleeping?

Rest, dream. It's a lot more complicated than that, but it boils down mostly to those.

why is there day and night? I guess all that are science to you! men u better go check yourself na so e dey start.

The Sun. The Earth and the moons orbit around the Sun and vice versa.

~Lady~:

@ bAWOMOL

You won't get the answers u want. But I just wnat u to understand that the proof u need is in history. There is no historian on this earth that can claim that the events that led to our belief in God did not take place they happened and most importantly that Christ walked the earth and he performed miracles and he said the things he said.

Not quite. There's no evidence to support that Jesus performed miracles or that he said all that was claimed he said.

If u want to believe that there's no God, then ask yourself why is it that all these things have happened and there are witnesses to it.

It's likely they didn't happen. What witnesses? Are supposed witnesses always a reliable source, especially when they are biased?

Logically and with the backing of history u cannot prove that God doesn't exist.

You can try though

4Him:

If the evolution of man is a mystery (that has NO proof), then how are you able to write it down in textbooks and teach your kids such bull? Its pretty hard to look an ape in the face and claim that he is your ancestor don't you think?
why can't science explain HOW you descended from an ape?

Evolution isn't such a mystery. There's ample evidence for evolution. Human beings aren't descendants of other presently living apes. Science can explain how you descended from an ape and explain how it's possible for humans to have evolved from other extinct apes.

The big bang theory has also been shut down repeatedly.

No it hasn't.

What do you think about evolution? Have you ever witnessed it?

Evolution occurs. Yes.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Him(m): 11:14pm On Feb 06, 2008
KAG:

Evolution isn't such a mystery. There's ample evidence for evolution. Human beings aren't descendants of other presently living apes. Science can explain how you descended from an ape and explain how it's possible for humans to have evolved from other extinct apes.

Neither is God such a mystery except to those who are constantly trying to use this argument to justify their godlessness.
There is no ample evidence for evolution but ample theoriesa and speculations. If humans are not descendants of living apes then which apes were we descendant from? How did science know that we descended from pre-historic apes and can they prove it by creating another man?
Science can always explain anything . . . they just have a problem proving that their explanation is indeed correct.

KAG:

No it hasn't.

neither has creationism been completely shut down. Until science can accurately demonstrate that their "theories" are correct then i still have a basis to hold on to creationism.

KAG:

Evolution occurs. Yes.

the question is not whether it occurs but whether you have ever experienced it.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by KAG: 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2008
4 Play:

"The prevailing theory" is your idea of a proven answer?

No. Proof is for math and alcohol.

4Him:

"The prevailing theory is that He [God] is timeless, incomprehensible, the alpha and the omega, the begining and the ending. He created the heavens and the earth, made man in His own image and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Through the process of redemption He came down to earth, took up the likeness of sinful flesh to die for the sins of you and me that through Him we might have eternal life.

After His ascension, He came down and shed Himself abroad in the hearts of those who believe in the form of the Holy Spirit . . . a process of drawing us to Himself by Spiritual attraction."

Evidence? Is your assertion falsifiable? If you have no evidence and your assertion isn't potentially falsifiable, then it isn't a theory.

A few more pertinent questions:

1) If the God of your supposed theory is incomprehensible, how then do you know and understand all those properties attached to his (why his?) person?

2) For a being to be timeless, it means that thing should be transcendental. How, then, does a transcendental entity suddenly become so immanent as to descend not just into the universe, but to a "pale blue dot" somewhere in the universe?

3) How exactly did God create the heavens (what are the heavens?) and the earth, and humans?

4) Returning again to the concept of transcendence and immanence, why would a transcendent (amongst other properties) God need to become human and die as a human, to forgive human failings?

5) Finally, what principle(s) govern the Spiritual attraction concept, is/are it/they also falsifiable, and why would the being first mentioned in your "theory" require some kind of misplaced "holy spirit"? In fact, what exactly is a "holy spirit"?

(source: the bible)

I see.

Hope i've answered your question

Not even close.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by KAG: 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
4Him:

Neither is God such a mystery except to those who are constantly trying to use this argument to justify their godlessness.

Wait, so God isn't incomprehensible then? I guess we can now safely discard a part of your "theory" in your previous post. What do you mean by godlessness?

There is no ample evidence for evolution but ample theoriesa and speculations.

Actually there are several independent lines of enquiry that support the theory of evolution. These include:

- Shared endogeneous retroviral insertions between species, including humans and other apes

- shared genetic sequences and genes between species, and in particular, the presence of chromosome no.2 in humans. A very strong indication of the shared ancestry between chimps and humans.

- The fossils of transitional animals, e.g. Archaeopteryx and other dinosaur-bird transitionals.

- observed speciation both in anature and in labs. e.g Hybridisation peonies resultng in speciation

Those are just a few examples of the evidence available.

If humans are not descendants of living apes then which apes were we descendant from?

Extinct apes. humans and other currently living apes share distant common ancestors.

How did science know that we descended from pre-historic apes and can they prove it by creating another man?

It can be surmised from the shared characteristics - often of a unique combination - with other apes and the fossil record. Why would they need to create another man? And on earth would that prove anything? WTF, man?

Science can always explain anything . . . they just have a problem proving that their explanation is indeed correct.

It's not just about being able to "explain anything" with any cursory tale that comes to mind - that is left to religion and politics. It's being able to explain things using the scientific method and sometimes mathematics, and allowing for falsifiability. By the way, science doesn't prove.

neither has creationism been completely shut down. Until science can accurately demonstrate that their "theories" are correct then i still have a basis to hold on to creationism.

Then it's time you let go of Creationism, because several scientific theores have been shown to be correct.

the question is not whether it occurs but whether you have ever experienced it.

Well, we are all experiencing it now.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
Evolution is not true , First of all, let us define what yu mean by evolution is it cosmic evolution or is it macro evolution or is it micro evolution.

There is no evidence whatsoever for the speculation of evolution , you said there is evidence from extinct apes (another fantasy and speculation), animals are going extinct because of the curse not because of evolution!

Microevolution is not evolution instead it is just variation, within the same kind hence why a black man can give birth to an albino (because of variation in the makeup). A tall dog can give birth to a short dog, but it is still a dog, ,no matter how many times you try it will always give you an animal that is " kinda" like a dog.

Evolution requires faith, because you expect people to believe things dat hav no evidence whatsoever.
where did the matter come from.
Where did time and space come from.

And pls don't start me going on the lie that evolution is science, evolution is not science simply because it does not give any prove or scientific evidence that can be tested any where else,

the fossils records say nothing about evolution instead what they say it dat an animal died , You simply cannot say when or where the animal lived or died. You also cannot accurately say what the animal looks like.
Lucy, Java man, Pekking man have all been shown to be questionable/or downright frauds.

Dragons (what we now call dinosaurs) have always existed with man, check your bible Leviathan and Behemoth. There are ancient drawings showing that there were once dinosaurs that lived with man.

The amino acids experiment which was tried to see whether they could create protien was shown to falsified.
Big Bang theory assumes that there was initially matter or energy , yet not how come it did't start from nothing .

The earth's magnetic field is decreasing gradually at rate that if the earth were to be billions of years old, the early magnetic field would have been too strong for life.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by 4Him(m): 11:46pm On Feb 06, 2008
sysuser thank you . . . i get weary of KAG's seemingly intelligent posts that essentially have no basis.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by KAG: 12:09am On Feb 07, 2008
SysUser:

Evolution is not true , First of all, let us define what yu mean by evolution is it cosmic evolution or is it macro evolution or is it micro evolution.

No, I meant evolution as described by the theory of evolution; which is essentially what is meant when someone is talking about evolution in reference to humans, transitionals etc. basically, biological evolution. If I want to talk about cosmological theories, it would be just as clear - as you can dedce from my other posts where I mention both the Big bang theory and planetary formation. And if for some reason that wasn't clear, the context of my previous post should have indicated what was meant.

Also, microevolution and macroevolution aren't really different. Both occur due to the same mechanisms.

There is no evidence whatsoever for the speculation of evolution , you said there is evidence from extinct apes (another fantasy and speculation), animals are going extinct because of the curse not because of evolution!

Did you read my previous post? I'll repeat exactly what I wrote:

"Actually there are several independent lines of enquiry that support the theory of evolution. These include:

- Shared endogeneous retroviral insertions between species, including humans and other apes

- shared genetic sequences and genes between species, and in particular, the presence of chromosome no.2 in humans. A very strong indication of the shared ancestry between chimps and humans.

- The fossils of transitional animals, e.g. Archaeopteryx and other dinosaur-bird transitionals.

- observed speciation both in anature and in labs. e.g Hybridisation peonies resultng in speciation

In any case, what curse is causing animals to become extinct?

Microevolution is not evolution instead it is just variation, within the same kind hence why a black man can give birth to an albino (because of variation in the makeup). A tall dog can give birth to a short dog, but it is still a dog, ,no matter how many times you try it will always give you an animal that is " kind of" like a dog.

What exactly is a kind? Are lions and tigers the same kind? What about a donkey and a horse?

Evolution requires faith, because you expect people to believe things that hav no evidence whatsoever.

Actually, no. Please read both my previous post and this one.

where did the matter come from.
Where did time and space come from.

You realise that at this point we are no longer talking about evolution, right? In any case, if I bother to attempt an explanation, will you listen?

And please don't start me going on the lie that evolution is science, evolution is not science simply because it does not give any prove or scientific evidence that can be tested any where else,

the fossils records say nothing about evolution instead what they say it that an animal died , You simply cannot say when or where the animal lived or died. You also cannot accurately say what the animal looks like.
Lucy, Java man, Pekking man have all been shown to be questionable/or downright frauds.

Dragons (what we now call dinosaurs) have always existed with man, check your bible Leviathan and Behemoth. There are ancient drawings showing that there were once dinosaurs that lived with man.

The amino acids experiment which was tried to see whether they could create protien was shown to falsified.

It's easier to just point out that all of those are wrong. If you want me to go into further details, don't hesitate to ask.

Big Bang theory assumes that there was initially matter or energy , yet not how come it did't start from nothing.

Energy. Energy can arsie from quantum fluctuations in a vaccuum- essentially, from nothing; although, that is not to say that was what hppened in the case of our universe.

The earth's magnetic field is decreasing gradually at rate that if the earth were to be billions of years old, the early magnetic field would have been too strong for life.

That's Hovindite nonsense.
Re: Where Did God Come From? by KAG: 12:12am On Feb 07, 2008
4Him:

sysuser thank you . . . i get weary of KAG's seemingly intelligent posts that essentially have no basis.

I suppose we now know that you're not the honourable "kind".
Re: Where Did God Come From? by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 07, 2008
The so called dinosaur bird transitional form that you are talking about have been shown to frauds made from the gluing togther of various bones by scrupulous idividuals who sold them.

Can you explain why we have Stratafied fossils of tree trunks that are still standing uprigth and which go through different strata of coal.

I find it stupid the no scientific dating methods is accurate enough enough to give you consistent answers, yet you still go ahead to give you speculative dates for different fossils based on the geologic column.

About the geologic column, the geologic column is based on circular reasoning, e.g A saying A is true based on B , while at the same time B says B is true based on A. how do you explain petrified clamps (in a closed position) that are found on the top of everest , please note that being in a closed position means that they were still alive before a catastrophe brought them to everest.

How do you explain that even though there evidences bad mutations that show that animals are losing there genetic information, yet there is no evidence showing the existence of a beneficial mutation (which increases genetic information in an animal) that then makes an another become another animal.

Why is it that dating methods could not accurately date the shell of a living snail and a freshly killed seal (for which we already know the correct age). Yet we are expected to believe (in faith) that they can accurately date fossil bones as millions of years.

Explain to me why they found human foot prints and dinosaur foor prints within the rock,

Please there is no single scientific evidence that you can use to proof evolution.

You mentioned Archeoptrix , they have been shown not to be transitional forms as you have falsly claimed on this thread.

How come they are finding evidences of where children of isreal crossed the sea, evidences of desrtroyed chariots of the egyptians in the red sea, evidences of Noah's Ark.

How come they are finding metal shapes and works inside coals that is supposed to be "millions and millions years".

The simple truth is that Evolution is a religion of those that do not want God to exist, so that they can do whatever they like.

Even Charles Darwin himself knew that the "Eye" was to complexy to have occured by chance.

Genetic scientists specify that without the presence of about 20 specific aminoacids a protein cannot be formed.
Yet atheist and evolutionist still think live came from a primordial soup by chance.

If the moon were to be millions of years old the dust accummulation on the moon would have swallowed up the american astronauts, yet they walked on a relativley thin dust layer.

The is not one evidence showing how life could have came from nonliving materials to living things. Instead all we keep hearing is "could have " "Should have "may have ""might have" "would have", speculations that we are expected to accept without at least one prove.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? / Livinus Onuagha: Methodist Bishop And Priests Visit Onitsha Market Fire Scene / Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult To Overcome?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.