Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (7229 Views)

Controversy Surrounding The Significance Of Ashura (10th Day Of Muharram) / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ghazzal: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
'Ashura' commemorates the day that Allah saved the Children of Israel from Pharaoh.

Fasting on Muharram 10, known as the Day of 'Ashura', expiates for the sins of the past year. When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) arrived in Madinah in 622 CE, he found that the Jews there fasted on Muharram 10 and asked them the reason for their fasting on this day. They said," This is a blessed day. On this day Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy (in Egypt) and so Prophet Musa [Moses] fasted on this day giving thanks to Allah."

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

"We are closer to Musa than you are."

He fasted on that day and commanded Muslims to fast on this day. (Al-Bukhari) The following year, Allah commanded the Muslims to fast the month of Ramadan, and the fasting of 'Ashura' became optional. It is also reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) intended to fast on the ninth and tenth. Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah fasted on the day of 'Ashura' and ordered the people to fast on it. The people said, "O Messenger of Allah, it is a day that the Jews and Christians honor." The Prophet said, "When the following year comes, Allah willing, we shall fast on the ninth." The death of the Prophet came before the following year. (Muslim and Abu Dawud)
source: http://www.islamicity.com/articles/articles.asp?ref=io0801-3489
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ghazzal: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
in the above, what makes me curious is, if the reason is to celebrate Moses` victory that the Jews fast on this day, and the christians fast too (recognise it, what kind of calender do they refer to. how do they know the exactness of this day since gregorian callender was not in existence then but the Julian calender is close to it anyway.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ghazzal: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
A fast-day among the Muslims, observed on the tenth day of the month MuḦarram, and derived from the Jewish Day of Atonement, celebrated on the tenth of Tishri (Lev. xvi. 29, xxiii. 27). The name is an Aramaic form of the Hebrew word "'Asor" (the tenth), still to be found in a liturgical poem for the Day of Atonement (, M. Sachs, "Festgebete der Israeliten," 4th ed., pt. iv. 88).
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by tbaba1234: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Christian in this age are oblivious of such an event. It is only observed by religious jews and muslims.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by LagosShia: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
[b]The Fabricated Fast of Ashura (10th Day of the Holy Month of Muharram) to Conceal the Beheading and Martrydom of the Grandson of Prophet Muhammad (sa),Imam Hussain (as),in the Tragedy of Karbala-in which members of the Prophet's (sa) Household were massacred and taken as prisoners by so called Muslims (Ummayyads) who held the reigns of power.many muslims (sunnis) who are victims of a distorted history thanks to Ummayyad reign of terror and fabrications against the Ahlul-Bayt (as) imagine they are following the sunnah (teaching) of the Prophet (sa) by fasting on the 10th of Muharram known as Ashura Day;while the fasting was fabricated and other symbolic meanings attributed to the day to conceal what really happened and because it is undeniable the Prophet (sa) did speak of Ashura and its significance relating to the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) in Karbala.

On the other hand and unlike Sunnis,Shia Muslims do not fast since it has been proven the fasting of Ashura was never implemented by the Prophet (sa);it is therefore bid'ah.Shia Muslims commemorate this day annually as a very sad day in honor of the Household (Ahlul-Bayt) of Prophet Muhammad (sa),particularly Imam Hussain (as).
[/b]

Please watch the below lecture in six parts on youtube.here is part 1:

Ammar Nakshawani - "The Origin of the Fast of Ashura" - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtd20xnxWNQ
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by LagosShia: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
The Fast of 'Ashura 

Sayyid Saeed Akhtar Rizvi
Vol VIII No. 3 & 4

Some traditions are found in Sunni books to the effect that the Prophet (s.a.w.) on migrating to Medina found the Jews fasting on the 10th of Muharram. He asked them why, and was told: "It is an auspicious day; it is the day when God delivered the children of Israel from their enemy (i.e. Pharaoh); and, therefore, Moses fasted on that day." The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, "I am worthier of Moses than you are." Thereupon, he fasted on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to fast.

1. al-Sahih of al-Bukhari, Vol.3; Egypt ed.; p.54

2. Mishkatul-Masabih; Delhi ed.; 1307 A.H.; p.l72

It is noted by the commentator of Mishkatul-Masabih that "it was in the second year, because in the first year the Prophet had arrived at Medina after 'Ashura, in Rabi'ul-awwal."

How much importance was this fast supposed to have may be judged from another tradition narrated in al-Sahih of. al-Bukhari: "The Prophet (s.a.w.) ordered a man from the (tribe of) Aslam: Announce to the people that whoever has eaten should fast the rest of the day, and whoever has not eaten should fast (the whole day), because today is the 'Ashura (10th day of Muharram)."

That very year the fast of Ramadan was ordained and the obligation to fast on 'Ashura was abrogated, as has been claimed in other traditions narrated in the same book. Still, reportedly, it carries much importance as a voluntary fast.

Now let us look closely at these traditions:

First: The Jews had their own calendar and months. There is no logic in saying that they fasted on the 10th of Muharram - unless it could be proved that this date always coincided with a Jewish day of fast.

It was mentioned in my article, "Martyrdom of Imam Husayn and the Muslim and the Jewish Calendars" (Alserat, Vol.VI, No's 3 & 4; Muharram 1401 Nov.1980) that the first month of the Jews (Abib, later named Nisan) coincided with Rajab of the Arabs. W.O.E.Oesterley and Theodore H.Robinson have written that in Arabia "the most important of all the new-moon festivals was that which fell in the month of Ragab (sic), equivalent to the Hebrew month 'Abib, for this was the time when the ancient Arabs celebrated the Spring festival." (Hebrew Religion; S.P.C.K., London; 1955; p.128)

Probably, in ancient times the two branches of Abraham's house followed the same system of intercalating an additional month 7 times in a cycle of 19 years. And in this way the 7th Jewish month, Tishri I, coincided with Muharram. And the 'Ashura of Muharram synchronized with 10th of Tishri I, the Jewish Day of Atonement - a day of fast. In that article, it was observed that the two calendars lost their synchronization when Islam, in the 9th year of hijra, disallowed intercalation. But on deeper consideration it transpired that that parity was lost long before the advent of Islam, because the Arabs did not follow any mathematical calculation in their intercalation. That was why the Muharram of the 2nd year of Hijra began on 5th July, 623 C.E. (Al-Munjid, 21st ed.), months before Tishri I (which always coincides with September-October).

Clearly, 'Ashura of Muharram in that year (or, for that matter, during the Prophet's whole life at Medina) had no significance whatsoever for the Jews.

The question is: Why did they fast on that day?

Second: The Jewish Midrashic literature relates the 10th day of the 7th month (Yom Hakippurim - Day of Atonement) to the event of bringing the tablets of the Covenant from Mount Sinai, as Dr. Mishael Maswari-Caspi has written in his letter, quoted in my previous article, mentioned above.

The question is: If the Jews had wanted to keep the long-lost synchronization of Tishri I and Muharram in view, how was it that they forgot to narrate this tradition to the Prophet?

Third: The month in which God delivered the Israelites from Pharaoh was Abib (i.e. Rajab), as the Bible clearly says: "Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the Lord thy God: for in the month of Abib the Lord thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night." (Deut., 16:1)

The question is: How could the Jews transfer an event of Abib (originally coinciding with Rajab) to Muharram, in open defiance of their Torah?

And lastly here is a point to ponder for the Muslims: The Prophet (s.a.w.) was sent with a religion to abrogate all previous religions and shari'ah. How was it that he deigned to imitate the custom of the Jews?

It is clear from above-mentioned facts that the Jews had no reason at all to fast on 'Ashura of Muharram at that period; and this story, built on that premise, is just that - a fiction. Obviously, it was invented by a narrator who only knew that once upon a time Muharram coincided with the Jews' Tishri I; but was totally unaware of contemporary Jewish religion and culture.

One feels constrained to mention here that this and other such traditions were forged by camp-followers of the Umayyads, after the martyrdom of Imam Husayn, as a part of their campaign to turn the 10th of Muharram into a day of rejoicing. These traditions are of the same genre as those which say that it was on the 10th of Muharram that Noah's ark rested on Mount Arafat, the fire became cool and safe for Abraham, and Jesus ascended to the heaven. In the same category came the traditions exhorting the Muslims to treat 'Ashura as a festival of joy, and to store one's food-grain on this very day as it would increase one's sustenance and bring the blessings of Allah to the household. 

http://www.al-islam.org/al-serat/fastofashura.htm
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
The Fasting of Ashura

Narrated: Abdullah Ibn Abbas:  The Prophet came to Medina and saw the Jews fasting on the day of Ashura. He asked them about that. They replied, "This is a good day, the day on which Allah rescued Bani Israel from their enemy. So, Moses fasted this day." The Prophet said, "We have more claim over Moses than you." So, the Prophet fasted on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to fast (on that day). 

Reference : Sahih al Bukhari Vol 3 Hadith 222

Let us analyse and contemplate on whether this Hadith is Sahih or not. Let us bear in mind the words of Allah when He states:

“Do they not consider the Qur’Än?  Had it been from other than AllÄh they would surely have found therein much discrepancy.†Qur’an 4:82

Allah is teaching us that if the Qur’an had been written by anyone other than Him we would find that there would be many mistakes in it and so any book written by anyone other than Allah is bound to have mistakes in it, there is no book on the face of the earth, which is perfect except the Book Allah.

Having accepted this, the Hadith that we find quoted by those who are claimants to the followers of the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh and his family) contains many discrepancies in it that can be stated and we should not be afraid to state them:

Let us look ponder on this verse of the Qur’an:

“Has not the time arrived for the believers that their hearts in all humility should engage in the remembrance of AllÄh and of the truth which has been revealed (to them) and that they should not become like those to whom was given the Book aforetime?  But long ages passed over them and their hearts grew hard, for many among them are rebellious transgressors.â€Â  Qur’an 57:16

Are we acquainted with those people who were given the Book foretime the coming of the Prophet (pbuh and his family)?  Obviously they were the Jews and the Christians and what could it mean to not become like them?  We could state that that Allah is teaching us that the Jews and the Christians changed the ways of their prophets or turned away from what their prophets taught them, rejecting what their prophets came with, we could even state that they fabricated or ascribed lies to their prophets by stating that they said or did such and such.  We all know as Muslims that we are instructed not to resemble the ways of the Jews and the Christians to the extent that men were taught by the Prophet (pbuh and his family) not to keep their beards like the people of the previous scriptures.  The question that needs to be asked is, how is it that Prophet (pbuh and his family) keeps with a tradition that the Jews followed when what he brought to the Muslims cancelled the way of fasting of the people of the previous scriptures?

Let us break it down:

1)  The Prophet (pbuh and his family) came with a new Shariah.

The Qur’an teaches us that the Jews and Christians will not be happy until you follow their way:

“Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion.  Say: "The guidance of Allah that is the (only) guidance."  Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee then wouldst thou find neither protector nor helper against Allah.â€Â  Qur’an 2:120

2)  Was it the Jews who taught the Prophet (pbuh and his family) matters in regards to the Shariah or Allah?  

3)  Prophet (pbuh and his family) taught us that even if Moses-Musa (AS) was alive today he would have to follow him i.e what he brought.

Reference: Sahih Al-Tirmidhi Hadith No 194

Narrated Jabir Ibn Abdullah: Umar ibn al-Khattab brought to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) a copy of the Torah and said: Allah's Messenger, this is a copy of the Torah. He (Allah's  Messenger) kept quiet and he (Umar) began to read it. The (colour) of the face of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) underwent a change, whereupon AbuBakr said: Would that your mother mourn you, don't you see the face of Allah's Messenger? Umar saw the face of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) and said: I seek refuge with Allah from the  wrath of Allah and the wrath of His Messenger. We are well pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion, and with Muhammad as Prophet. Whereupon Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, even if Moses were to appear before you and you were to follow him, leaving me aside, you would certainly stray into error; for if (Moses) were alive (now), and he found my prophetical ministry, he would have definitely followed me. Transmitted by Darimi.

How is it that in this practice of the fast of Ashura the Prophet (pbuh and his family) follows Moses?  

We need to understand that we can find contradictory statements in regards to the fast of Ashura:

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith 1865

“After the Hijrah when the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) came to Madinah, he found that the Jews of Madinah also used to observe this day with fasting. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked them the reason of their fasting on this day. They said? ‘This is a blessed day. On this day Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy (in Egypt) and so Prophet Musa fasted on this day giving thanks to Allah?’ The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:  ‘We are closer to Musa than you are.’  He fasted on that day and commanded Muslims to fast on this day.â€Â Â Â 

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith 1866

In another report it is mentioned that Jews of Madinah used to hold feast on this day.  The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told his Companions to fast instead. 

Within the first narration, we find that the Prophet notices the Jews are fasting, and so commands the Muslims also to fast, but within the second narration it is stated that the Jews held a feast on this day but the Prophet informed his companions to fast instead.

Also it is narrated:

Reference: Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 31, Number 222

Narrated ibn Abbas: “The Prophet came to Medina and saw the Jews fasting on the day of Ashura. He asked them about that. They replied, "This is a good day, the day on which Allah rescued Bani Israel from their enemy. So, Moses fasted this day." The Prophet said, "We have more claim over Moses than you." So, the Prophet fasted on that day and ordered (the Muslims) to fast (on that day).â€

Reference: Sahih Muslim, Book 35 Number 2528

Ibn 'Abbas reported that when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) fasted on the day of 'Ashura and commanded that it should he observed as a fast, they (his Companions) said to him: Messenger of Allah, it is a day which the Jews and Christians hold in high esteem. Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When the next year comes, God willing, we would observe fast on the 9th But the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) died before the advent of the next year.

Take note, in the first narration it is the Prophet (pbuh and his family) who asked the Jews why they were fasting on the day of Ashura and they in turn explained to him the reason, whilst the second narration portrays that the companions explained to the Prophet (pbuh and his family) why the Jews and also the Christians fasted on the day of Ashura, and within it we are informed that this fast was explained to the Prophet the year before he passed away.

Reference: Sahih Muslim, Book 35, Number 2529:

Abdullah b 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said: If I live till the next (year), I would definitely observe fast on the 9th, and the narration transmitted by Abu Bakr is: "He meant the day of Ashura."

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 224

Ibn `Abbas also quotes the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying:  If I live next year, I shall also fast on the 9th day.â€

We need to contemplate; does a Prophet of God need explanation from the people of the previous scriptures, or his followers in regards to a practice, which was existent amongst them?  

“And this is a Book which We have sent down, bringing blessings, and confirming (the revelations) which came before it.â€Â  Qur’an 6:92

We cannot doubt that whatever was revealed pre-Muhammad was known by Muhammad.

However, it is also observed:

Reference: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 220

Narrated Aisha: “Quraish used to fast on the day of 'Ashura' in the pre-lslamic period, and Allah's Apostle too, used to fast on that day. When he came to Medina, he fasted on that day and ordered others to fast, too. Later when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, he gave up fasting on the day of 'Ashura' and it became optional for one to fast on it or not.â€

It was a day on which people of Makkah used to change the covering (Kiswah) of the Ka`bah.  Quraysh also used to fast on this day. (Al-Bukhari, Hadith 1489 and 1760)

Here we find it stated that the Prophet (pbuh and his family) already fasted on the day of Ashura as a pre-Islamic custom and later gave it up leaving it as an option, meaning, if one wished to fast on that day, they could do so voluntarily.  These narrations indicate that fasting on this day was already practiced by the Quraysh if they wished to do so, regardless of whether or not the Jews fasted on this day.

The fact that the traditions ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh and his family) bear such contradiction and also the Imams of Ahl al-Bayt have totally called them innovations portrays to us why Shiahs do not observe such a thing on the day of Ashura.  

We really need to ponder on how such traditions have been brought into the fold of Islam, which also contradict the teachings of the Qur’an.

Sayyid Saeed Akhtar Rizvi stated (May God Bless his soul) in an article on the fast of Ashura (Al- Serat, A Journal of Islamic Studies):

“One feels constrained to mention here that this and other such traditions were forged by camp-followers of the Umayyads, after the martyrdom of Imam Husayn, as a part of their campaign to turn the 10th of Muharram into a day of rejoicing. These traditions are of the same genre as those which say that it was on the 10th of Muharram that Noah's ark rested on Mount Arafat, the fire became cool and safe for Abraham, and Jesus ascended to the heaven. In the same category came the traditions exhorting the Muslims to treat 'Ashura as a festival of joy, and to store one's food-grain on this very day as it would increase one's sustenance and bring the blessings of Allah to the household.â€Â 

May Allah guide us all, Ameen.

http://www.almujtaba.com/en/index.php/left-menu-articles/79-shia-sunni-debates/94-the-fast-of-ashura
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Rafidi: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Fasting on Ashura
By MELJ

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) entered Medina in the first year of Hijra and noticed the Jews fasting. He asked one of his companions: “Why are the Jews fasting?”. His companion replied: “The Jews are remembering when Prophet Moses (pbuh) and the children of Israel were saved from the Pharaoh”. The prophet said: “I have a greater right on Moses than what they do. Therefore, my people will fast on Ashura in the same way they are fasting on Ashura”. One of the companions exclaimed: “O Messenger of Allah, but we are going to be copying the Jews” and the prophet then replied: “You are right, from now on we will fast on the 9th and 10th”.

The above narration and the fast of Ashura is one of the most controversial acts of worship in Islam. It is an act of worship that requires thorough dissection and analyses in order to examine it from a variety of angles.

When examining the hadith above; we must carefully consider the following:

When is the hadith mentioned and in which books is it narrated?

Who narrated the hadith and what is their personal history?

What is the meaning of the word ‘Ashura’ and does it possess more than one meaning?

According to the Jewish calendar, did the Jews fast on the day of savior of the children of Israel? Did this day correspond to the 10th of Muharram?

When did the Arabic calendar begin and how does this coincide with the above hadith?

Why would the prophet copy the practice of the Jews?

Are there other areas of the Sunnah which have been neglected?

The fast of Ashura upholds both historical and contemporary significance. In terms of its contemporary significance, people from all over the globe engage in a fast on the day of Ashura. According to some scholars, the fast of Ashura ‘Is one of the most beloved fasts to the holy prophet, after the fast of Ramadan’. Due to its contemporary significance, it is important to understand the basis of the fast on Ashura, where this particular act of worship originated from and whether this act is recognized by all schools of Islam.
 Have you ever wondered why the fast of Ashura is the only Sunnah of the holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh) which is provided with such a vast propaganda?

As the 10th of Muharram approaches, all the Imams are preparing lectures that highlight the significance of the fast of Ashura. Millions of pamphlets, books, posters and many more media machinery operate to encourage the population to fast on Ashura. It seems that on the 10th of Muharram, the fast of Ashura is the only momentous incident in the history of Islam. Yet, the savior of Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) from the king Namrud and the fire, the savior of Prophet Noah (pbuh) and his people, the curing of Prophet Ayyub’s (pbuh) illness and the returning of Prophet Yaqub’s eyesight all occurred on Ashura. Yet, why are such significantly notable events NEGLECTED?  Why is everything devoted to the fast of Ashura?

Subsequently, the act of fasting on Ashura originated from the day of savior of Prophet Moses (pbuh) and the children of Israel. The comprehensive analysis of this act of worship requires delving into the worlds of history and ahadith as well as studying the Jewish and Islamic calendars.

The hadith relating to the fast of Ashura is narrated in Imam Bukhari’s Sahih; Imam Muslim’s Sahih and Imam Tarmizi’s Sahih. Thus, it is narrated in three of the six available Sahih’s. When we look at any narration which tells us about an act of worship such as fasting, we must analyze the chain of narrators in order to confirm its reliability. Ibn Abas, Abu Hurraira, Abu Musa al ashari and Muawiya are the narrators who claim that the prophet recommended the fast of Ashura.

The above hadith is meant to have been mentioned when the prophet arrived in Medina in the 1st year of Hijra. Hence, we will examine the activities of the narrators at that period of time:

Ibn Abas was four years old when the prophet arrived in Medina and the hadith was mentioned. Ibn Abas was born three years before Hijra. If we assume that he was with the prophet at Hijra and Ibn Abas heard every single bit of the narration, he would have been four years at that time. According to many scholars of hadith, a four year old child is not exactly the most reliable resource.

Abu Musa al Ashari came from the tribe of Ashar in Yemen. He converted to Islam before Hijra and since that day till Khabar, he was no where to be seen. This is because the prophet sent him back to Yemen to spread the religion of Islam and consequently he could not have been with the prophet in the 1st year of Hijra since he was in Yemen. The first glimpse anyone had of Abu Musa was after Khaibar.

Abu Hurraira converted to Islam in his early years and was only seen in Medina after Khaibar which occurred in the 7th year of Hijra. Now, if you weren’t even at the event, then how can you narrate what happened?

Muawiya converted to Islam in the 8th year of Hijra which is seven years after the mentioning of the hadith relating to the fast of Ashura. Thus, can you label Muawiya as being a reliable source?

Further examination of the narrators broadens our understanding of the validity of the above hadith:
 Abu Hurraira was made the governor of Bahrian by Omar al khatab in the 21st year of Hijra. In the 23rd year of Hijra, Omar discovers that Abu Hurraira was gaining an income through the narration of ahadith. Omar said to him: “When I let you go to Bahrain, you didn’t even have shoes on your feet and now in Bahrian, you are buying horses for 1600 dinars each and I hear that you are narrating ahadith and making an income from it”.

This incident emphasizes that the narration of Ahadith became a profession after the death of the holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Can we possibly accept a narration from a person like Abu Hurraira? How can we accept the hadith as being valid if the narrators weren’t even present at the incidence?

Furthermore, it is important to consider the meaning of the word “Ashura” in order to analyze the hadith above from a different angle. Ibn Ather who was one of the greatest scholars of the Arabic language highlights that the word ‘Ashura’ possesses an old and a new meaning. Taking the old meaning into perspective, “Ashura” refers to the 10th of any month. Moreover, the new meaning of the word Ashura was established after the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (pbuh) and it refers to the 10th of Muharram in particular as it was on this holy day that the prophet’s grandson was murdered in the land of Kerbala.

Upon Ibn Ather’s examination of the hadith relating to the fast of Ashura, he raises the question: “When was the hadith mentioned?”

The narrators of the hadith claim that the prophet mentioned the hadith in the 1st year of Hijra. Thus, the old usage of the word “Ashura” applies and when the hadith is put into context, the prophet’s statement “My people will fast on Ashura in the same way they are fasting on Ashura” means that the Muslims will fast on the 10th of the month in which the prophet was in, when he was at Medina. As a result we must be fasting on the 9th and 10th of the month in which the prophet met the Jews at Medina. Why are the Muslims fasting on 10th of Muharram?  Why is the propaganda always behind the 10th of Muharram? The prophet never mentioned Muharram!

The propaganda and media machinery indoctrinate the population by emphasizing that the prophet entered Medina in the month of Muharram and thus he met the Jews on the 10th of Muharram. Let’s assume that this is valid as we analyze the Jewish and Islamic calendar.

Hence, for an assumption: Ashura= 10th of Muharram in 1st year of Hijra.
The Hadith relating to the fast of Ashura claims that the Jews fast on the day of the savior of prophet Moses and the children of Israel on the 10th of Tishri (Jewish calendar) and this corresponds to the 10th of Muharram (Islamic calendar). The hadith also claims that when the prophet (pbuh) acknowledged that the Jews were fasting on Ashura, he commanded the Muslims to fast on the 9th and 10th of Muharram.  Consequently, the existence of Judaism today further assists the recovery of truth. Ask the Jews whether they fast on the day that prophet Moses (pbuh) and the children of Israel were saved by the Almighty Allah. Ask them whether the day in which they fast corresponds to the 10th of Muharram. The answer is simply NO. The Jews have no such fast and it NEVER corresponded to the 10th of Muharram in the first year of Hijra. The only time the 10th of Tishri corresponded to the 10th of Muharram was in the 29th year after Hijra. Yet, the hadith claims that the prophet met the Jews in the first year of Hijra!

Moreover, the 10th of Tishri is not related to the savior of Moses and the children of Israel but rather the 10th of Tishri is the day the children of Israel paid atonement for worshipping the calf when Prophet Moses and some companions went to Mount Sinai. As a result of this incident, the Jews fast on the 10t of Tishri. However, the hadith relating to the fast of Ashura claims that the Jews were fasting on the 10th of Tishri due to the savior of Moses and the children of Israel! Rather, the savior of the children of Israel occurred on the 15th of Nissan in the Jewish calendar and the 15th of Nissan in the 1st year of Hijra corresponded to the 23rd of Ramadan. Hence, if there should be a fast which is recommended then it should have nothing to do with the 10th of Muharram but rather the 23rd of Ramadan.

When narrating the hadith relating to the fast of Ashura, were did this massive mistakes come from?
 The mistake was as a result of the naivety of the hadith writer. Since the Islamic calendar begins with Muharram, the hadith writer wrote the hadith on the basis that the prophet entered Medina in Muharram. It is well known that the prophet reached Medina in Rabi al awal. This big mistake is due to a hadith writer that didn’t understand how the Islamic, Jewish and Arabic calendars work. The prophet entered Medina in Rabi al awal but the Islamic calendar began with Muharram due to the suggestion of Ali Ibn Abi Taleb (pbuh):

“The Islamic calendar will start just like the lunar calendar begins. It will start from the year of Hijra but the month of Muharram.”

When the prophet entered Medina, the hadith claims that he exclaimed: “I have a greater right on Moses than what they do. Therefore, my people will fast on Ashura in the same way they are fasting on Ashura”. But we now ask, O messenger of Allah! You entered Medina in Rabi Al Awal and not in Muharram. So, how were the Jews fasting?

It is unbelievable how many people were paid to write ahadith. Plan and plot as much as you want, for “Allah is the best of those who plot” (Holy Quran. Chapter 3, Verse 54). Write as many fake Ahadith and narrations as you will. Allah will expose them all. 

Also, when a law is given in Islam, the law may then be changed depending on the circumstances. For example: A law which makes the consumption of alcoholic drinks unlawful has been put into perspective. However, if you were dehydrating in the middle of the desert and possessed nothing but alcohol, then you are permitted to consume it. The consumption of alcohol becomes lawful for you. This is a secondary law. Similarly, there may have been a recommended fast on the 10th of every month (Ashura) and this may have been a Sunnah of the prophet. However, Imam Muhammad al Baqar narrates that as the fast of Ramadan became compulsory, the fast of Ashura was made void and then completely stopped.

Ironically, some people claim that the fast of Ashura is such an important Sunnah to be practiced while there are so many Sunnah of the holy prophet which they neglect. If you are so concerned about the Sunnah of the prophet then why didn’t you speak out when the Sunnah of the prophet was changed! Wasn’t it a Sunnah of the prophet that the phrase “Haya ala khair al amaal” is included in the Azan?
When the second Islamic ruler (Khalifa) came in, he simply altered the Sunnah of the prophet and removed the phrase above from the daily Azan. This is because he wanted Jihad to be known as the ‘good task’ (khair al amaal) and not prayer.  

Why weren’t you concerned when the Sunnah’s of the prophet were changed? Is the fast of Ashura the Sunnah of the prophet or the Sunnah of someone ELSE?

The fast of Ashura is receiving the most propaganda because it has an agenda behind it and this agenda involves diverting attention from what happened to the grandson of the holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh) at Kerbala. The aim of the fast of Ashura is to divert people’s attention from the incident which resulted in the remorseless slaughter of the prophet’s own grandson. There is no greater event in the history of Islam than the martyrdom of the master of the youth of paradise; the murder of the Grandson of the greatest messenger and the grandson of the greatest message.

Imam Hussain (AS) said: "Don't you see that the truth is not followed and the falsehood is not discouraged? (The situation is so severe) that a Believer wishes to meet Allah. And today I don't see death but prosperity, and living with tyrants is nothing but disgust and disgrace."

What a shame it is that we honor people whom the prophet himself forbade them his intercession in the Day of Judgment. What a disgrace it is that we praise people whom the prophet declared war against.

In a famous Hadith, the Holy prophet (pbuh) said: “Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain”. (This manifests that Imam Hussain’s pathway and message is similar to that of the prophet. It is as if he is a replica of the prophet (pbuh)).

The face of the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) lit up upon seeing his newborn grandson. He took him in his arms and then recited the Azaan in his right ears and Aqama in the left one. The prophet then placed the baby in his lap and wept.

"May my father and mother be your sacrifice," Asma asked him: "why are you crying?"

"Because of my son," the prophet (pbuh) replied.
"He is a newborn baby," she said.
"O Asma…..After me, the transgressing party will kill him. May Allah never grant them my intercession."

The Messenger of Allah also said: "Al-Hassan and al-Hussain are the chiefs of the youth of Paradise and Fatimah is the chief of their women."

It has been narrated that the Prophet (pbuh) looked at Ali (as), Hassan (as), Hussain (as) and Fatimah (as) and then said: "I am in war with those who will fight you, and in peace with those who are peaceful to you."

The Messenger of Allah said: "He who loves al-Hassan and al-Hussain, has loved me, and he who makes them angry has made me angry."

Regarding Imam Hassan and Hussain, it has been narrated that the prophet said: "These are my sons and my daughter's sons. O Allah, I love them, so I beseech Thee to love them and those who love them.”

Moreover, it has been narrated that as the Prophet was passing the house of Fatima (SA), he heard young Hussain crying. The Prophet stopped, went into the house and said: ‘Fatima, don’t you know it hurts me to hear Hussain cry.’

We know ask you, O messenger of Allah! If you couldn’t even bear to see your son’s tears, then how did you cope while witnessing your son’s brutal murder? How did you endure the very sight- your son dying of thirst in Kerbala–Your son gazing at the dead corpses of his friends and family—Your son comforting the women—your son all alone—Your beloved son being attacked from every direction …. Arrows, spears and swords piercing his pure body— ten horsemen stepping on the body of your son…breaking his ribs and whatever remained of him into pieces. O messenger of Allah, how did you withstand seeing the daughters of Fatima Al Zahra running from one burnt tent to the other? The daughters of the chief of the woman of paradise being taken as prisoners of war… being dragged like sheep from one country to the other…. Being harassed by the naïve and ignorant… O messenger of Allah!  How did you endure the sight of Karbala and the very incident of Ashura- the day the skies wept tears.

http://www.muharram.shiasisters.net/articles/fasting_on_ashura.html
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by vedaxcool(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
ghazzal: in the above, what makes me curious is, if the reason is to celebrate Moses` victory that the Jews fast on this day, and the christians fast too (recognise it, what kind of calender do they refer to. how do they know the exactness of this day since gregorian callender was not in existence then but the Julian calender is close to it anyway.

i think they knew the exact date the same way muslims were able to determine the exact date of the Hijra, and remember most people tend to have a way of marking important invent, teh arabs designate elephant invasion as the year of the Elephant hence, the Jews could have easily determined it right from the time of Moses a.s till date, now even in nigeria here certain tribes had their own weeks, months and in some cases years before the advent of Islam or Christianity in Nigeria, meaning before formal calendars, people actually had informal calendars that kept track of time, and it will be really ridiculous to think the Jews did have such being that they had a way of righting (the ten commandment was in existence little after the red sea trial)! Secondly I don't think Muhammed pbuh would have been marking a wrong date without Allah correcting his mistake, it is beyond marking Moses a.s victory it is a remembrance of the greatness of Allah in the face of trial, it was Allah that made Moses A.S victorious!
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ghazzal: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
May God guide us aright. Actually, i read once in d bible Where it was instructed that they fast in the 9th month and i was hoping that somehow/sometimes the calender for the Muslims and that of the Jews had somethings in common.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by BetaThings: 11:37am On Nov 20, 2012
Every conscious muslim will fast on the day of Ashura.
It is haram to hurt oneself, tear at ones's hair or rend one's dress!

1 Like

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by tiarabubu: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
tbaba1234: Christian in this age are oblivious of such an event. It is only observed by religious jews and muslims.

Sorry to burst your bubble, you are obviously oblivious to Christianity and its practices.

We do not follow Mosaic law, ok? We follow the new testament provisions as specified in the Bible itself (Hebrews 8:13, Luke 22:20, 1 Cor. 11:25, 2 Cor. 3:6, etc)

Guess what? Apart from not commemorating Moses' activities, Christians also do not slaughter sheep in sacrifice, banish people because of some Mosaic hygiene laws, etc which are in the old testament.

Also, we do not fast cos some Jews did so. wink
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by lekzy007(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
well said and heard,are we to fast only on the 10th alone or on 9th and 10th?
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
lekzy007: well said and heard,are we to fast only on the 10th alone or on 9th and 10th?

You can fast on the 9th,known as Tasu'aa.

To fast on the 10th (Ashura) is bid'ah because those who advocate for it,do so on false premise.the 10th of Muharram (Ashura) got to do with the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (as) and the Tragedy of Karbala,for anyone who calls himself Muslim and is of the Ummah of Muhammad (saw).anyone who wants to fast and commemorate a jewish tradition,should stop fooling himself and should rather become a jew.its as simple as that.the holy Prophet (saw) never copy any Kafir and therefore didn't fast on the 10th of Muharram.in fact it is more often forbidden and also makrooh (undesirable) to copy non-believers.the Prophet (saw) is recorded in Sunni hadith as saying we should make our beards long and moustache short JUST to look different than Jews. in fact based on the articles earlier posted,there was no coincidence between the 10th of Muharram and the day that Jews fast (Yom Kippur).the Prophet (sa) also arrived in Medina (during the Hijrah) in Rabbiul-Awwal and not in Muharram.moreover if we Muslims are strictly to base our islamic calendar on the hijrah of the Prophet (saw),the new year is in Rabbiul-Awwal and not in Muharram,which Sunnis mark and celebrate as the new islamic hijri year (on 1st of Muharram).so that's bid'ah no. 2!!!

You clearly can see the facts in the 3 articles earlier posted in the thread.but from the short while I've stayed in this forum,I've come to learn an important lesson.religion to most people is tradition and personal choice.they care less what is right and wrong.so they fellow and even create excuses no matter how funny to defend and justify themselves.a staunch christian will keep believing that Jesus (a) is "god".likewise I don't expect Sunnis to realize or admit that they are following bid'ah.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by tbaba1234: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
lekzy007: well said and heard,are we to fast only on the 10th alone or on 9th and 10th?

Fast on the 9th and the 10th.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Souljaboi1: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
LagosShia:
On the other hand and unlike Sunnis,Shia Muslims do not fast since it has been proven the fasting of Ashura was never implemented by the Prophet (sa);it is therefore bid'ah.Shia Muslims commemorate this day annually as a very sad day in honor of the Household (Ahlul-Bayt) of Prophet Muhammad (sa),particularly Imam Hussain (as).

cry

Yaa Muqalibal Quluubi thaabit qalbi 'ala deenik

1 Like

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
tbaba1234:

Fast on the 9th and the 10th.

Ala la'natullahi Alaz-zolimeen!!!
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
Soulja-boi:

cry

Yaa Muqalibal Quluubi thaabit qalbi 'ala deenik

Ameen!

The deen of Allah is reached through the path of Hussein (as);not through the sunnah of Yazeed (la) and the fabrications of Banu Ummayya.it was the blood of Hussein (as) that preserved Islam from the chains of tyranny and the distortions of the oppressor.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2012
"Hussein is the lamp of guidance and the ark of salvation"-Prophet Muhammad (s)

"Hussein is from me and I am from Hussein"-Prophet Muhammad (s)

Imam Hussain (as) went to his grandfather Prophet Muhammad's (saw) grave, and recited the following prayer before departing to Karbala:

"O God, This is the grave of your Prophet, Muhammad (saw) and I am his daughter's son, and I have come to know what you undoubtedly know. O God, I like to enjoin the good and reject the evil. I ask you O All-Mighty God by this grave and by who is in it to choose for me what would please You and Your Prophet".

Imam Hussain's (as) will to his half brother, Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiyyah (ra) explaining his revolution and refusal to accept the rule of tyranny:

"...I did not revolt for the cause of evil, tyranny or corruption, but to reform my grandfather's (Prophet Muhammad (saw)) nation. I want to enjoin the good and denounce the evil, and take the course of my father and grandfather".
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Souljaboi1: 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
Zhul-Fiqar.:

To fast on the 10th (Ashura) is bid'ah because those who advocate for it,do so on false premise.

Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about observing As-Saum (the fast) on the tenth day of Muharram, and he replied, "It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year.'' [Muslim].

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If I remain alive till the next year, I shall also observe fast on the ninth of Muharram.'' [Muslim].

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted on the day of ‘Ashoora and told the people to fast, they said, “O Messenger of Allaah, this is a day that is venerated by the Jews and Christians.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Next year, if Allaah wills, we will fast on the ninth day.” But by the time the following year came, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had passed away.

Narrated by Muslim, 1916.

Al-Shaafa’i and his companions, Ahmad, Ishaaq and others said: It is mustahabb [recommended] to fast both the ninth and the tenth, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted the tenth and intended to fast the ninth.

likewise I don't expect Sunnis to realize or admit that they are following bid'ah .

I don't know who your Sunnis are in this context, but the People upon the Manhaj of the Prophet and His companions never engage in acts that negate the backbone of their religion.

From your comments you show some of the ideologies of the Shia. sad embarassed
May Allaah rectify us all...

1 Like

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Souljaboi1: 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
Zhul-Fiqar.:

Ameen!

The deen of Allah is reached through the path of Hussein (as);not through the sunnah of Yazeed (la) and the fabrications of Banu Ummayya.it was the blood of Hussein (as) that preserved Islam from the chains of tyranny and the distortions of the oppressor.

What happened to the blood of Khaleed bn Walid, Umar bn Khataab, Ammar bn Yasiir, Julaybii {radiya Allaahu anhum ajma'een}.

cry May Allaah guide you back to the path of Islaam, for indeed you are upon Kuffur.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
Soulja-boi:

What happened to the blood of Khaleed bn Walid, Umar bn Khataab, Ammar bn Yasiir, Julaybii {radiya Allaahu anhum ajma'een}.

cry May Allaah guide you back to the path of Islaam, for indeed you are upon Kuffur.

A person who calls a muslim a "kaffir" is himself the kaffir,according to Prophet Muhammad (sa).

All those you listed that were killed,with the exception of Ammar Ibn Yassir (ra),didn't die for Islam.and regardless,there was no tragedy in Islam greater than the Tragedy of Karbala.I don't blame your comment because you should learn more.Ammar Ibn Yassir (ra) was killed by the "deviant" group as the Prophet (s) foretold.Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) was killed by the forces of Muawiya,Yazeed's father.you see clearly the source of ignorance and terror: Banu Ummayyah.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Soulja-boi:

Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about observing As-Saum (the fast) on the tenth day of Muharram, and he replied, "It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year.'' [Muslim].

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If I remain alive till the next year, I shall also observe fast on the ninth of Muharram.'' [Muslim].

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted on the day of ‘Ashoora and told the people to fast, they said, “O Messenger of Allaah, this is a day that is venerated by the Jews and Christians.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Next year, if Allaah wills, we will fast on the ninth day.” But by the time the following year came, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had passed away.

Narrated by Muslim, 1916.

Al-Shaafa’i and his companions, Ahmad, Ishaaq and others said: It is mustahabb [recommended] to fast both the ninth and the tenth, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted the tenth and intended to fast the ninth.

I don't know who your Sunnis are in this context, but the People upon the Manhaj of the Prophet and His companions never engage in acts that negate the backbone of their religion.

From your comments you show some of the ideologies of the Shia. sad embarassed
May Allaah rectify us all...

Those fabrications you pass for hadith have been refuted.read the 3 articles earlier presented.

It is no "sunnah" of the Prophet (s) to copy the Jews.

And I am a proud Shia of the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet (sa).you're not a follower of the righteous sahaba;you follow the deviant ones among them like Muawiya,whose forces killed the righteous companion,Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra).so if you claim to follow the sahaba,are you a follower of Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) or Muawiya? The sahaba themselves as Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) showed,are expected to follow the lead of the Ahlul-Bayt (as),as commanded by the Prophet (s) and recorded in Hadith al-Thaqalain.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by tbaba1234: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2012
Be careful about calling people kaffirs, no matter how misguided you think they are.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Souljaboi1: 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
tbaba1234: Be careful about calling people kaffirs, no matter how misguided you think they are.

Whoever negletes the clear teaching of the Qur'an, insults the companions of the Prophet (sallaLLaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) shocked , says the authentic traditions of the Prophet (sallaLLaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) are lies angry .
I think know without an atom of doubt that they are Kuffars.

I pray Allaah rectifies them. cry

1 Like

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
Soulja-boi:

Whoever negletes the clear teaching of the Qur'an, insults the companions of the Prophet (sallaLLaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) shocked , says the authentic traditions of the Prophet (sallaLLaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) are lies angry .
I think know without an atom of doubt that they are Kuffars.

I pray Allaah rectifies them. cry

Who told you the nonsense you copied about the greatest Messenger of God copying from Jews,is authentic?

Ignorant people only know how to pass takfir with zero atom understanding.you've been showed that those hadiths are wrong and therefore not authentic.

You have not answered my question.

Muawiya was a companion.

Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) was a companion.

The forces of deviation (as the Prophet called them in prophecy) killed Ammar Ibn Yasser.Muawiya's forces killed Ammar (ra).

Which of the two companions do you follow? Do you follow Muawiya who headed the "deviant group",or Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) who was a Shia of Imam Ali (as),and a follower of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) of the Prophet (s).answer now,you that is calling other "kaffir" left and right! How would you expect a Shia to like Muawiya and not curse him,just for being a "companion",when Muawiya is responsible for the killing of Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra),a righteous companion who the Shia love and honor?
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Souljaboi1: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2012
Zhul-Fiqar.:

Who told you the nonsense you copied about the greatest Messenger of God copying from Jews,is authentic?

Ignorant people only know how to pass takfir with zero atom understanding.you've been showed that those hadiths are wrong and therefore not authentic.

You have not answered my question.

Muawiya was a companion.

Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) was a companion.

The forces of deviation (as the Prophet called them in prophecy) killed Ammar Ibn Yasser.Muawiya's forces killed Ammar (ra).

Which of the two companions do you follow? Do you follow Muawiya who headed the "deviant group",or Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra) who was a Shia of Imam Ali (as),and a follower of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) of the Prophet (s).answer now,you that is calling other "kaffir" left and right! How would you expect a Shia to like Muawiya and not curse him,just for being a "companion",when Muawiya is responsible for the killing of Ammar Ibn Yasser (ra),a righteous companion who the Shia love and honor?

I follow neither of them. I give both of them my complete love. Insult Muawiya all you like, he was a scribe of the Prophet (sallaLLaahu 'alayhi wa salaam), and is more high in ranking than you and I can ever imagine.

The conflict that happened that time was a great blow to the Ummaah at that time. But the Message has been delivered and Islaam is complete, we should focus on the basics of the deen and leave such events in the past.

You claim those hadith are fabricated. Could you please provide references and evidence for such claims.

Lastly, I as a person have no authority to call you a Kaffir, I am only acting on the sayings of the Prophet and verdicts of the scholars.

Can we pray behind a Shia?

Praise be to Allaah.

We need to describe the beliefs (‘aqeedah) of the Shi’a so as to know the ruling on praying behind them.

With regard to praying behind one who is of this nature, Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“It is not permissible to pray behind any of the mushrikeen , including those who seek the help of anyone other than Allaah and seek support from him, because seeking help through anyone other then Allaah, such as the dead, idols, the jinn, etc. is shirk, the association of others with Allaah, glorified be He.”

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (vol. 2, p. 396)

It is clear from the above that whoever associate himself with the ideologies of the Shi'ahs is MUSHRIK.

Now I've brought up the issue of Shaykh Ibn Baz, I know you would take the opportunity to insult the Saudi regime and call the scholars there Hypocrites.
As I keep saying, May Allaah rectify us all....
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 12:46am On Nov 24, 2012
^
don't run from my question.you claim to be a follower of the companions and said the Shia curse the companions.I gave you an instance of one companion killing another.I asked,which of the two do you follow? Do you follow the one Shia curse and who is the killer,or do you follow the killed who the Shia love? You say you love both the killer and his victims.very confused! By the way Hujr Ibn Adi (ra) is another righteous companion murdered by Muawiya.

As for the hadiths,simple calendar calculation show that the day jews fast and the 10th of Muharram didn't coincide when the Prophet (s) entered Medina as the hadiths claim.those who fabricated them were not "experts".grin and in fact the Prophet (s) did not arrive Medina in Muharram but in Rabiul Awwal.before touching the chain of narrators and looking to grade the hadiths on the fast of Ashura,the content of those hadiths is silly and incorrect.and besides the Prophet Muhammad (s) I believe in doesn't copy from Kuffar.you're trying to offend me by calling me a kafir,yet you see nothing offensive in saying your Prophet (s) was a "copy-cat" of the kuffar.you need to do tawba.

As for the fatwa of the Wahhabi heretic-Ibn Baz- you presented,it isn't good enough to use for shit toilet paper.all the Wahhabis and their cockroach brains know is how to accuse others of shirk (polytheism) and declare them kuffar (unbelivers).their job is to divide muslims and create a phobia through deception.we Shia are not mushrikeen.it is Bin Baz and his likes that are mushrikeen-they are the ones who believe in Tajseem and give Allah body parts.

You can see in the below video,the successor of Bin Baz (the current saudi mufti),who is also blind like bin bas defending his father,the devil aka Yazeed.the followers of Yazeed can never approve of the followers of Hussain (as).but do the followers of Hussain (as) really need Yazeed's followers to show them approval in the religion of Islam? That would be catastrophe! Bin baz doesn't see Yazeed who denied the Quran and called the Prophet (s) a fraud after beheading Imam Hussain (a),as a kafir.but he is good in calling the Shia names.you should wonder why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bK3V7JNfY

Soulja-boi:

I follow neither of them. I give both of them my complete love. Insult Muawiya all you like, he was a scribe of the Prophet (sallaLLaahu 'alayhi wa salaam), and is more high in ranking than you and I can ever imagine.

The conflict that happened that time was a great blow to the Ummaah at that time. But the Message has been delivered and Islaam is complete, we should focus on the basics of the deen and leave such events in the past.

You claim those hadith are fabricated. Could you please provide references and evidence for such claims.

Lastly, I as a person have no authority to call you a Kaffir, I am only acting on the sayings of the Prophet and verdicts of the scholars.

Can we pray behind a Shia?

Praise be to Allaah.

We need to describe the beliefs (‘aqeedah) of the Shi’a so as to know the ruling on praying behind them.

With regard to praying behind one who is of this nature, Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“It is not permissible to pray behind any of the mushrikeen , including those who seek the help of anyone other than Allaah and seek support from him, because seeking help through anyone other then Allaah, such as the dead, idols, the jinn, etc. is shirk, the association of others with Allaah, glorified be He.”

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (vol. 2, p. 396)

It is clear from the above that whoever associate himself with the ideologies of the Shi'ahs is MUSHRIK.

Now I've brought up the issue of Shaykh Ibn Baz, I know you would take the opportunity to insult the Saudi regime and call the scholars there Hypocrites.
As I keep saying, May Allaah rectify us all....
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by vedaxcool(m): 2:18am On Nov 24, 2012
Zhul-Fiqar.:

You can fast on the 9th,known as Tasu'aa.

To fast on the 10th (Ashura) is bid'ah because those who advocate for it,do so on false premise.the 10th of Muharram (Ashura) got to do with the martyrdom of Imam Hussein (as) and the Tragedy of Karbala,for anyone who calls himself Muslim and is of the Ummah of Muhammad (saw).anyone who wants to fast and commemorate a jewish tradition,should stop fooling himself and should rather become a jew.its as simple as that. the holy Prophet (saw) never copy any Kafir and therefore didn't fast on the 10th of Muharram.in fact it is more often forbidden and also makrooh (undesirable) to copy non-believers.the Prophet (saw) is recorded in Sunni hadith as saying we should make our beards long and moustache short JUST to look different than Jews. in fact based on the articles earlier posted,there was no coincidence between the 10th of Muharram and the day that Jews fast (Yom Kippur).the Prophet (sa) also arrived in Medina (during the Hijrah) in Rabbiul-Awwal and not in Muharram.moreover if we Muslims are strictly to base our islamic calendar on the hijrah of the Prophet (saw),the new year is in Rabbiul-Awwal and not in Muharram,which Sunnis mark and celebrate as the new islamic hijri year (on 1st of Muharram).so that's bid'ah no. 2!!!

You clearly can see the facts in the 3 articles earlier posted in the thread.but from the short while I've stayed in this forum,I've come to learn an important lesson.religion to most people is tradition and personal choice.they care less what is right and wrong.so they fellow and even create excuses no matter how funny to defend and justify themselves.a staunch christian will keep believing that Jesus (a) is "god".likewise I don't expect Sunnis to realize or admit that they are following bid'ah.

In reaction to this,

Jewish Law
The “Qaem” or Imam Mahdi of
the Shia will rule according to the
Laws of David and the family of
David, according to the Shia
Hadith in Al-Kafi, the most
reliable of the four books of Shia
Hadith. All of the following Shia
Hadith come from the same
section in Al-Kafi reported by Al-
Kulyani, located in Al-Kafi
(Volume No.1, p.387-398):
Narrated Ali ibn Ibraheem -from
his father-from ibn Abi Umair-
from Mansour-from Fadhl al Aour-
from Abi Ubaidah who reported:
“When the Qaem of the
household of the Prophet
appears, he will rule according to
rule of David and Solomon.”
Muhammad ibn Yahya-Ahmad ibn
Muhammad-Muhammad ibn
Sinaan-Abaan who reported: “I
heard Abu Abdullah[as] saying:
‘The world will not fade away
unless a person from us appears
who will rule according to the
rule of the family of David’”
Ahmad–Ahmad ibn Muhammad–
Ibn Mahboob–Hisham ibn Salim–
Ammar as Saabati who reported:
“I asked Abu Abdullah [as] : ‘On
what will you rule if you are made
the rulers.’ He replied: ‘By the
rule of God and the rule of David.
And if we are confronted by a
situation which we cannot solve,
Gabriel (Ruh al Quds) will reveal
it to us.’”
Muhammad ibn Ahmad–
Muhammad ibn Khalid–Nazr ibn
Suwaid–Yahya al Halabi–Imran ibn
Oueiyn–Jaeed al Hamdani–Ali ibn
al-Hussein [as] said: “I asked him
by which law will you rule?” He
said: “By the rule of David, and if
there is something which we are
unaware of, Gabriel (Ruh al Quds)
will reveal it to us.”
Ahmad ibn Mahran[ra]–
Muhammad ibn Ali–Ibn Mahboob–
Hishaam bin Salim–Ammar as
Saabati reported: “I asked Imam
Abu Abdullah [as]: ‘By what will
you rule?’ He replied: ‘By the rule
of God, and by the rule of
David.’”

the same lagosshia wrote

LagosShia:

this is based on the following Quranic verses:

Holy Quran 5:68
"Say, "O People of the Scripture, you are [standing] on nothing until you uphold [the law of] the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord." And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. So do not grieve over the disbelieving people".

note that the Mahdi (as) will judge the jews and christians based on the Tawrat,Zabur (revealed to Prophet Dawud i.e. David ) and Injil,which are revelations of Allah (swt).even the Quran refers to the jews and christians as "people of the book" or "people of the scripture".

www.nairaland.com/1000955/12th-imam-shia-dajjal

So he now insist that the hidden Iman would be following kaferi law simply to deprive Allah the right His prophet pbuh enjoined on muslim! In fact, of all the pillars Fasting is the only one done exclusively for Allah, so any one insisting followers of the sunnah of the prophet of Islam desist from fasting which shows total submission to Allah, not Husayn r.a, can shout till his voice goes mute, only Allah has the right to be feared or worship! I see lagosshia now reads a different revelation where Jews become kaferi not people of the book! Don't we see the evident flip flopping (like Romney) on every issue, tha is debacle of being a Shia, they occupy so many position that they no longer recall their original position! How pitiable indeed that is!

1 Like

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2012
vedaxcool:

In reaction to this,

the same lagosshia wrote

www.nairaland.com/1000955/12th-imam-shia-dajjal

So he now insist that the hidden Iman would be following kaferi law simply to deprive Allah the right His prophet pbuh enjoined on muslim! In fact, of all the pillars Fasting is the only one done exclusively for Allah, so any one insisting followers of the sunnah of the prophet of Islam desist from fasting which shows total submission to Allah, not Husayn r.a, can shout till his voice goes mute, only Allah has the right to be feared or worship! I see lagosshia now reads a different revelation where Jews become kaferi not people of the book! Don't we see the evident flip flopping (like Romney) on every issue, tha is debacle of being a Shia, they occupy so many position that they no longer recall their original position! How pitiable indeed that is!

David (as) was a prophet of Allah.the law of David (as) is revelation from Allah.David (as) is no kaffir.

Jews,are people of the book,but they are still kuffar.they don't believe in the truthfulness of Muhammad (sa).stop copying the kuffar! Do you want to become a follower of kuffar? Based on those fabrications,the Prophet (s) didn't know what was fasting on 10th of Muharram previously.Allah didn't tell him.if it was Moses (as) who instituted the jewish fast then the Prophet (s) must have known when jews are commanded by Moses (as) to fast.it is obvious therefore Moses (as) didn't order jews to fast on that day or the event in the fabricated hadiths Sunnis commemorate didn't happen with the Prophet (saw) in Medina.it was when the Prophet (saw) allegedly saw the kuffar fasting that he copied them.the Prophet (s) who brought the complete and perfect religion didn't know what Moses (as) taught,but had to learn from the kuffar-that is the insult Sunnis send on the holy Prophet (s) all in a bid to follow the path of banu ummayya and conceal Imam Hussein's (as) martyrdom.why not start to use jewish calendar also and fast on Yom Kippur instead of in the month of Ramadan? Followers of jewish sunnah!
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by vedaxcool(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2012
grin grin grin and the double speak begins,

Moses a.s was a prophet of Allah, and not a kaferi, hence the prophet pbuh following Moses a.s not kafir or else you must then accept that imam hidden, is also going to practice kaferi law and speak hebrew!

Q.E.D
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by ZhulFiqar2: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
vedaxcool: grin grin grin and the double speak begins,

Moses a.s was a prophet of Allah, and not a kaferi, hence the prophet pbuh following Moses a.s not kafir or else you must then accept that imam hidden, is also going to practice kaferi law and speak hebrew!

Q.E.D

Your fabrications state Prophet Muhammed (saw) copied the Jews (kaffirs),and not Moses (as).

Is Muhammad (sa) to follow Moses (as),or Moses (as) to follow Muhammad (saw)? Whose shariah is superior?

Imam Mahdi (as) using the law/shariat of David (as) to judge the ummah and people of David (as) who don't believe in the Quran,have nothing to do with you following kaferi sunnah,and shamelessly claiming the Prophet (sa) copied Jews.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Burning Sea-miraculous Knowledge Of The Unseen In The Holy Quran / 10 Hadiths About Hajj / What To Do On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.