Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:09 AM

10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (7346 Views)

Controversy Surrounding The Significance Of Ashura (10th Day Of Muharram) / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by vedaxcool(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
Zhul-Fiqar.:

Your fabrications state Prophet Muhammed (saw) copied the Jews (kaffirs),and not Moses (as).

Is Muhammad (sa) to follow Moses (as),or Moses (as) to follow Muhammad (saw)? Whose shariah is superior?

Imam Mahdi (as) using the law/shariat of David (as) to judge the ummah and people of David (as) who don't believe in the Quran,have nothing to do with you following kaferi sunnah,and shamelessly claiming the Prophet (sa) copied Jews.

Lol grin grin, I don't have time to explain simple things to you, let me ask your question to you, is david a.s superior to Muhammad pbuh that Iman Hidden will follow the rule of david a.s rather the final shariah meant for all mankind? grin and Muhammad pbuh simply command we practice the fast Moses a.s did during the victory over Pharoh, we fast for Allah not Husayn r.a or anyone! All praise and worship is indeed due to Allah! Now call fasting for All diverting attention from Husayn r.a auzobillah is there any contest between worshipping Allah? That they now call fasting for Allah diverting attention or they now make forbidden a day they have no right to forbid others from fasting for Allah! Verily it is falsehood they practice! There is reward fasting for Allah!
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Zhulfiqar1: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol grin grin, I don't have time to explain simple things to you, let me ask your question to you, is david a.s superior to Muhammad pbuh that Iman Hidden will follow the rule of david a.s rather the final shariah meant for all mankind? grin and Muhammad pbuh simply command we practice the fast Moses a.s did during the victory over Pharoh, we fast for Allah not Husayn r.a or anyone! All praise and worship is indeed due to Allah! Now call fasting for All diverting attention from Husayn r.a auzobillah is there any contest between worshipping Allah? That they now call fasting for Allah diverting attention or they now make forbidden a day they have no right to forbid others from fasting for Allah! Verily it is falsehood they practice! There is reward fasting for Allah!

To the kafir jew,David (as) is not only superior to Muhammad (s) but not even comparable because to them Muhammad (s) is not from God.the Islamic shariah is for muslims to abide by.you cannot impose islamic law on kafir.that is why you read in the Quran "every nation will come with its imam".and the Quran also ask the people of the book to judge by what is therein revealed (in the previous revelations).

Now are you a kaffir for you to leave the shariat of Muhammed (s) and follow a previous shariat?

The fact is what you're practicing is bid'ah.the Prophet (s) did not fast with the jews or copy them.

Stop defending blindness.you're choosing the path of kufr but don't attribute it to the Prophet (s).
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by vedaxcool(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
Semantics can't save you here, twist and turn cheesy, when you tired those who worship Allah will be breaking their fast by now, first you accuse the prophet of following kafir, when in fact he simply recommended fasting for muslim and then at the same accuse your Iman hidden of following kaferi law, you are actually to ask yourself whether Kufr isn't all painting your post? Aren't you a Kafir for accusing the Prophet pbuh of following Kafir, when he simply ordered muslims to fast on the same day Moses requested the Jews to fast as a mark of thankfulness God! Keep dancing kafir tunes, your words are evidence enough that you don't know your left from your right! Muslim cannot not be forbidden to fast on a day simply because you feel it is the day you want to slap your chest and wound your faces! And just about done with your willful ignorance indeed! I prefer fasting for Allah than wasting blood and shedding crocodile tears just for political reasons!
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by Zhulfiqar1: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
vedaxcool: Semantics can't save you here, twist and turn cheesy, when you tired those who worship Allah will be breaking their fast by now, first you accuse the prophet of following kafir, when in fact he simply recommended fasting for muslim and then at the same accuse your Iman hidden of following kaferi law, you are actually to ask yourself whether Kufr isn't all painting your post? Aren't you a Kafir for accusing the Prophet pbuh of following Kafir, when he simply ordered muslims to fast on the same day Moses requested the Jews to fast as a mark of thankfulness God! Keep dancing kafir tunes, your words are evidence enough that you don't know your left from your right! Muslim cannot not be forbidden to fast on a day simply because you feel it is the day you want to slap your chest and wound your faces! And just about done with your willful ignorance indeed! I prefer fasting for Allah than wasting blood and shedding crocodile tears just for political reasons!

Sick liar!

But I'm not suprise from someone who follows abu bakr al-zindeeq,umar al-hattab,usthman al-muaffan,muawiya and yazeed,and ofcourse the goddess of the battle of Jamal,Aisha.

You lie so much you lose track of who is saying what and accusing who with what! One thing I hate with Sunnis so much is the issue of lying.you're bloody liars.you say Islam is the complete and perfect religion,but you forget you missed your track.so when you can't give perfect and complete answers or you can't use your head,you don't give up so you resort to lies.tufiakwa! Is this your islam? This isn't the Islam of Muhammed (s) you follow.
Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by udatso: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Zhulfiqar1:

Sick liar!

But I'm not suprise from someone who follows abu bakr al-zindeeq,umar al-hattab,usthman al-muaffan,muawiya and yazeed,and ofcourse the goddess of the battle of Jamal,Aisha.

You lie so much you lose track of who is saying what and accusing who with what! One thing I hate with Sunnis so much is the issue of lying.you're bloody liars.you say Islam is the complete and perfect religion,but you forget you missed your track.so when you can't give perfect and complete answers or you can't use your head,you don't give up so you resort to lies.tufiakwa! Is this your islam? This isn't the Islam of Muhammed (s) you follow.
I still can't find vedaxcool lies. please show me

2 Likes

Re: 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious by sino(m): 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Interesting submissions here, I do not know if it is lack of knowledge or just pure lies these shias are peddling here, well, according to narrations found in shia books, fasting by the prophet (SAW) on ashura is well established even by their Imams… please do read the following :

علي بن الحسن بن فضال عن هارون بن مسلم عن مسعدة بن صدقة عن ابي عبد الله عن أبيه عليهما السلام ان عليا عليه السلام قال: صوموا العاشورا التاسع والعاشر فانه يكفر ذنوب سنة. كتاب تهذيب الاحكام ج4ص299

‘Ali bin al-Hassan bin Faddal from Haroun bin Muslim from Masa’adah bin Sadaqah from Imam abu ‘Abdullah from his Father that ‘Ali (as) said: “Fast on ‘Ashoora the ninth and tenth for it removes the sins of a whole year.”

source: Tahtheeb al-Ahkam 4/299 & Wasael al-Shia 10/457.

وعنه عن يعقوب بن يزيد عن ابي همام عن ابي الحسن عليه السلام قال: صام رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يوم عاشورا. كتاب تهذيب الاحكام ج4 ص299-300

Also from him, from Ya’aqoub bin Yazid, from abu Hamam, from Imam abu al-Hassan (as): “The messenger peace be upon him and his household fasted the day of ‘Ashoora.”

source: Tahtheeb al-Ahkam 4/299-300.

سعد بن عبد الله عن ابي جعفر عن جعفر بن محمد بن عبيدالله عن عبد الله بن ميمون القداح عن ابي جعفر عن أبيه عليهما السلام قال: صيام يوم عاشورا كفارة سنة. كتاب تهذيب الاحكام ج4ص300

Sa’ad bin ‘Abdullah from abu Ja’afar from Ja’afar bin Muhammad bin ‘Ubeidullah from ‘Abdullah bin Maymoun al-Qidah from Imam abu Ja’afar from his father (as): “The fasting of ‘Ashoora removes the sins of a year.

source: Tahtheeb al-Ahkam 4/300 & Wasael al-Shia 10/457.

وكيفما كان فالروايات الناهية غير نقية السند برمتها، بل هي ضعيفة بأجمعها، فليست لدينا رواية معتبرة يعتمد عليها ليحمل المعارض على التقية كما صنعه صاحب الحدائق. واما الروايات المتضمنة للامر واستحباب الصوم في هذا اليوم فكثيرة، مثل صحيحة القداح: ” صيام يوم عاشوراء كفارة سنة ” وموثقة مسعدة بن صدقة: ” صوموا للعاشوراء التاسع والعاشر فانه يكفر ذنوب سنة ” ، ونحوها غيرها، وهو مساعد للاعتبار نظرا إلى المواساة مع أهل بيت الوحي وما لا قوه في هذا اليوم العصيب من جوع وعطش وساير الآلام والمصائب العظام التي هي أعظم مما تدركه الافهام والاوهام. فالاقوى استحباب الصوم في هذا اليوم من حيث هو كما ذكره في الجواهر أخذا بهذه النصوص السليمة عن المعارض كما عرفت . كتاب الصوم للخوئي ج2 ص305

“The narrations that forbid this (Fasting) do not have proper Sanad, they are all weak, in fact we don’t have any respectable narrations that we can rely on to prove that those that differ with them are Taqqiyah. As for the narrations that speak about fasting this day and that it is favourable to fast there are plenty of them, such as the SAHIH of al-Qidah: “Fasting the day of ‘Ashoora removes the sins of a year.” and the Muwaththaq of Masa’adah bin Sadaqah: “Fast ‘Ashoora the ninth and the tenth for it removes the sins of an entire year.” and others like them. This is acceptable taking into consideration the unimaginably great hunger and thirst and pain that Ahlul-Bayt had to go through on that hard day. So the strongest opinion would be that it is favoured to fast this day.”

source: Kitab al-Sawm by al-Khoei 2/305.

محمد بن الحسن باسناده عن علي بن الحسن بن فضال، عن يعقوب بن يزيد، عن أبي همام، عن أبي الحسن عليه السلام قال: صام رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم يوم عاشوراء. كتاب وسائل الشيعة ج10ص457

Muhammad bin al-Hassan with its Isnad from ‘Ali bin al-Hassan bin Faddal from Ya’aqoub bin Yazid from abu Hamad from abu al-Hassan (as): “The Prophet SAWS fasted the day of ‘Ashoora.”

source: Wasael al-Shia 10/457

علي بن الحسن عن محمد بن عبد الله بن زرارة عن احمد بن محمد بن ابي نصر عن ابان بن عثمان الاحمر عن كثير النوا عن ابي جعفر عليه السلام: قال لزقت السفينة يوم عاشورا على الجودي فامر نوح عليه السلام من معه من الجن والانس ان يصوموا ذلك اليوم وقال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: اتدرون ما هذا اليوم، هذا اليوم الذي تاب الله عزوجل فيه على آدم وحوا عليهما السلام، وهذا اليوم الذى فلق الله فيه البحر لبني اسرائيل فاغرق فرعون ومن معه، وهذا اليوم الذى غلب فيه موسى عليه السلام فرعون، وهذا اليوم الذى ولد فيه إبراهيم عليه السلام، وهذا اليوم الذى تاب الله فيه على قوم يونس عليه السلام، وهذا اليوم الذى ولد فيه عيسى ابن مريم عليه السلام، وهذا اليوم الذى يقوم فيه القائم عليه السلام. كتاب تهذيب الاحكام للطوسي ج4ص300

‘Ali bin al-Hassan from Muhammad bin ‘Abdullah bin Zurarah from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin abi Nasr from Abban bin ‘Uthman al-Ahmar from Kathir al-Niwa from abu Ja’afar (as): “On the day of ‘Ashura, Nuh (as) ordered all those with him on the ship, whether Jinn or Humans to Fast on this day, and abu Ja’afar (as) said: Do you know which day this is? this is the day which Allah forgave Adam and Eve (as), this is the day which Allah split the ocean for bani Israel and he drowned Pharaoh and his followers, this is the day when Musa (as) defeated Pharaoh, this is the day in which Ibrahim (as) was born, this is the day when Allah forgave Yunus (as), this is the day in which ‘Isa ibn Mariam (as) was born, this is the day when al-Qaem (Mahdi) shall rise.

source: Tahtheeb al-Ahkam by al-Tusi 4/300.

وفيه: بإسناده إلى علي بن فضال، بإسناده عن أبي جعفر (عليه السلام)، قال: ” استوت السفينة يوم عاشوراء على الجودي، فأمر نوح (عليه السلام) من معه من الجن والانس، أن يصوموا ذلك اليوم، وقال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): أتدرون ماهذا اليوم ؟ هذا اليوم الذي تاب الله عز وجل فيه على آدم (عليه السلام) وحواء، وهذا اليوم الذي فلق الله فيه البحر لبني اسرائيل، فاغرق فرعون ومن معه، وهذا اليوم الذي غلب فيه موسى (عليه السلام) فرعون، وهذا اليوم الذي ولد فيه ابراهيم (عليه السلام)، وهذا اليوم الذي تاب الله فيه على قوم يونس (عليه السلام)، وهذا اليوم الذي ولد فيه عيسى بن مريم (عليه السلام)، وهذا اليوم [ الذي ] (1) يقوم فيه القائم (عليه السلام . كتاب مستدرك الوسائل للطبرسي ج7 ص524

And with its Isnad to ‘Ali bin Faddal with his Isnad to abu Ja’afar (as): “On the day of ‘Ashura, Nuh (as) ordered all those with him on the ship, whether Jinn or Humans to Fast on this day, and abu Ja’afar (as) said: Do you know which day this is? this is the day which Allah forgave Adam and Eve (as), [b]this is the day which Allah split the ocean for bani Israel and he drowned Pharaoh and his followers, this is the day when Musa (as) defeated Pharaoh, [/b]this is the day in which Ibrahim (as) was born, this is the day when Allah forgave Yunus (as), this is the day in which ‘Isa ibn Mariam (as) was born, this is the day when al-Qaem (Mahdi) shall rise.

source: Mustadrak al-Wasael by al-Tabrasi 7/524.

روى الصدوق : وفي عشر من المحرم وهو يوم عاشوراء أنزل الله توبة آدم – عليه السلام -، وفيه استوت (7) سفينة نوح – عليه السلام – على الجود ي (cool، وفيه عبر موسى – عليه السلام – البحر (9) وفيه ولد عيسى بن مريم – عليه السلام -، وفيه أخرج الله يونس – عليه السلام – من بطن الحوت، وفيه أخرج الله يوسف من بطن الجب (10)، وفيه تاب الله، على قوم يونس – عليه السلام -، وفيه قتل داود جالوت (11)، فمن صام ذلك اليوم غفر له ذنوب سبعين سنة وغفر له مكاتم (12) عمله (13). كتاب المقنع ص208

al-Saduq narrated: “On the tenth of Muharram and it is the day of ‘Ashoora, Allah forgave Adam (as), and in it the arc of Nuh (as) floated,[b] and in it Musa (as) crossed the sea, [/b]and in it ‘Isa bin Mariam (as) was born, and in it Allah let Yunus (as) out from the belly of the whale, and in it Allah forgave the people of Yunus (as), and in it Dawood killed Jaloot, so he who fasts on this day Allah shall remove his sins from seventy years and will forgive him for all sins done in secret.

source: al-Muqni’i by al-Saduq page 208.

http://gift2shias. com/2013/11/12/the-imams-ordered-fasting-on-ashura /

Now who is lying? Are the Imams also trying to divert attention from the truth of ashura? Or did the Ummayaad also fabricate these narrations into shia books?! Perhaps AlBaqir has the proper context and explanation as well as authenticity of these narrations….

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Meat Of Udhiyah (sacrifice) Should Be Shared Out ? / The Severity Of Debts / Nearness to God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.