Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt (1708 Views)

Make Money From The FOREX MARKET- Either You Are A Trader Or Not. / Who Says You Can't Make It Through The Internet. Do It On Fiverr Today! / The Forex Holy Grail Trading! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt by princewell: 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
Long term you won't make money if you try forex day trading, as you can never get the odds in your favor however more traders try day trading than perhaps any other method. Let's look at why it can never work - yet still remains so popular.

Day trading doesn't work simply because all short term volatility is random and prices can and do go anywhere in a day session. If you try and use support and resistance you are going to lose - because volatility is random and these levels are of no use whatsoever - this should be obvious to anyone - but forex day traders don't see it.

You have millions of traders trading trillions of dollars and to say you can measure what this huge mass of people are going to do in a short period of time is absolute nonsense.

So why is day trading so popular?

Quite simply it's a good story and appeals to greedy and naïve investors who are duped by marketing companies selling day trading systems, with track records that show amazing profits but they all have a problem - none of them have track records that are real, they are all simulated knowing the closing prices!

How hard is that?

Anyone would be a millionaire if they knew tomorrows price today - but forex trading is a bit more difficult.

When you see a track record of amazing gains look at the small print and you will normally see a disclaimer like this standard CFTC one

"cftc rule 4.41 - hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain limitations. unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not been executed, the results may have under-or-over compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profit or losses similar to those shown".

Put the above disclaimer on a track record and a vendor can say anything they want and of course they do. These track records never lose in hindsight but of course in the brutal world of real trading they get destroyed.

Day traders think that by trading within a day they reduce risk - but of course there is no point in have a small risk to your stop if you have a high probability of it being hit!

Day traders get lots of small losses that simply eat into and destroy their equity.

If their lucky enough to get a profit, they take it quickly which of course breaks the fundamental rule of trading - run your profits, to cover your inevitable losses.

Day traders lose and wonder why but the reason is obvious - they simply can't get the odds in their favor - PERIOD

The Way To Win If you want to win at forex trading you must get the odds in your favor and this means using reliable data. If you like the excitement of trading try forex swing trading, if you are more patient try long term trend following.

Both the above will allow you to trade the odds and enjoy currency trading success so try these methods and do not try forex day trading.
Re: You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt by sellydion: 11:18am On Nov 22, 2012
This is not true. Why cant you use you long term perception for short term trading.if random, use you money mgt. If profit does not run loses is cut short too.Learn more you may see how easy it is to day trade and make profit.
Re: You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2012
i do not like day trading but that does not mean it is not good,every trader has their own style of trading,but as for me i am a long term trader and i love using the weekly chart and this really produce clear signals than in short time trading.
Re: You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt by princewell: 11:54am On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=sellydion]This is not true. Why cant you use you long term perception for short term trading.if random, use you money mgt. If profit does not run loses is cut short too.Learn more you may see how easy it is to day trade and make profit.[/quote

@ sellydion; Well, do you ave any evidence to prove ur consistent profitability as a daytrader. Show me a four year track record and I will shut up for you.
Re: You Can't Make Money Daytrading The Forex Mkt by sellydion: 12:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
Poster,I am sorry, I do not have to show you anything. However,there is no guarantee that any method in forex is failed proved. long term trading is not every bodys take.Nothing suggest you will be sucessful at it expecially in forex. Some people are very sucessful day trading while a lot are not. It is not a point to condem it.

(1) (Reply)

Untold Story Of Truck Assembling Company In Kano,nigeria (photos) / Stop!!!!! Buying Petrol Convert Ur Petrol Generator To Lpg Generator-08166866515 / Drone View Of Stanel Ultramordern Luxury Facility In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.