Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M (13299 Views)

Picture Of MTN Airplane Promo Winner: Ebube Essien-garricks / Hot Picture Of Ebube Essien-garricks Mtn Aeroplane Winner / Ebube Essien-garricks MTN Aeroplane Winner (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Dygeasy(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
Laila Ikeji:
“I was surprised when I was called by a family friend that I had won because I thought it was not real. Before then, I had never played any game concerning MTN.

Ironically my SIM card was blocked at the time. I had a code on my phone which I forgot and in the process of trying to decode it, my line was blocked.
“When he told me, I just told him to forget about it that it was the handiwork of 419 people. But later a lady called me from MTN to confirm it. I then asked her to unblock my line to convince me. She did so and it was at that point that I realised my fortune.

http://www.lailaikeji.com/2012/11/mtn-aeroplane-winner-ebube-gladys-tells.html
shey y'all can see those? @bolded... A family friend called her, was it published in the papers before the winner was notified?

And her line was blocked, how then in the blazes did a lady call her from mtn? The facts don't meet up jor!

Anywayz they said she won the money abi? Na isha!!
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Dygeasy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
Laila Ikeji: On November 13, 2012, 27-year-old student of the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Gladys Ebube Essien-Garricks was announced winner of the MTN Ultimate Wonder “Win An Aeroplane” Promo!

Ebube, who is a 300-level student of Radiography disclosed that she had never dreamt of owning so much money in her lifetime.

She comes from a modest family background of eight children, where she is the seventh.

She told Punch in a recent interview that she could not remember taking part in the lottery.

“I was surprised when I was called by a family friend that I had won because I thought it was not real. Before then, I had never played any game concerning MTN.

Ironically my SIM card was blocked at the time. I had a code on my phone which I forgot and in the process of trying to decode it, my line was blocked.
“When he told me, I just told him to forget about it that it was the handiwork of 419 people. But later a lady called me from MTN to confirm it. I then asked her to unblock my line to convince me. She did so and it was at that point that I realised my fortune.

“I have never fainted in my life before, so when they called the amount I did not faint.

I just became thirsty, I kept asking for water and I kept smiling, again and again. I thought I was dreaming but with the kind of people I have been shaking hands with, people hugging me, asking to take photographs with me, I think it’s an act of God. I can imagine how many numbers they played and mine was singled out, just like that,” she said.

Speaking on why she opted for cash equivalent instead of the airplane, she asked, ” If I took the plane, where would I park it?

I just told them it was the cash I really wanted and nothing else. I was not persuaded to take cash. If it is something I worked for, I would argue but I never laboured for it. They said either the plane or the cash equivalent and I chose the cash.”

Ebube is not in a hurry to spend the money. She will let it ‘breathe some fresh air in the bank’ while she completes her education, she says. She now wants to be an “employer of labour” and would use the money to give her aging parents and siblings a ‘new life’. “God just wants to use me to bless the family so everybody has a share in it,” she said.

She says she is single and when she is ready for marriage, she would not go for anyone who is interested in her money.

“I know what love is,” she notes. “People are calling to ask my parents if I am married, some others are giving them promises. Even on the internet, I don’t have a Facebook account but someone has opened one in my name. If anyone is coming because of my money, I promise the person that he will not get a dime because I will make sure he doesn’t

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by alaoeri: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Thrash undecided
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mrbee21: How and with whose sim did mtn kal her from since her main sim was blocked
that is the same question I'm asking.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Dygeasy(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Laila Ikeji: On November 13, 2012, 27-year-old student of the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Gladys Ebube Essien-Garricks was announced winner of the MTN Ultimate Wonder “Win An Aeroplane” Promo!

Ebube, who is a 300-level student of Radiography disclosed that she had never dreamt of owning so much money in her lifetime.

She comes from a modest family background of eight children, where she is the seventh.

She told Punch in a recent interview that she could not remember taking part in the lottery.

“I have never fainted in my life before, so when they called the amount I did not faint.

I just became thirsty, I kept asking for water and I kept smiling, again and again. I thought I was dreaming but with the kind of people I have been shaking hands with, people hugging me, asking to take photographs with me, I think it’s an act of God. I can imagine how many numbers they played and mine was singled out, just like that,” she said.

Speaking on why she opted for cash equivalent instead of the airplane, she asked, ” If I took the plane, where would I park it?

I just told them it was the cash I really wanted and nothing else. I was not persuaded to take cash. If it is something I worked for, I would argue but I never laboured for it. They said either the plane or the cash equivalent and I chose the cash.”

Ebube is not in a hurry to spend the money. She will let it ‘breathe some fresh air in the bank’ while she completes her education, she says. She now wants to be an “employer of labour” and would use the money to give her aging parents and siblings a ‘new life’. “God just wants to use me to bless the family so everybody has a share in it,” she said.

She says she is single and when she is ready for marriage, she would not go for anyone who is interested in her money.

“I know what love is,” she notes. “People are calling to ask my parents if I am married, some others are giving them promises. Even on the internet, I don’t have a Facebook account but someone has opened one in my name. If anyone is coming because of my money, I promise the person that he will not get a dime because I will make sure he doesn’t

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
MTN, what shall it profit you to keep deceiving Nigerians? We already know you're stingy to a fault hence we've resigned to fate.
Why is MTN struggling so hard to make us believe a very obvious lie?

Thesame MTN came with the win 'Hyundai ix35' promo where they were supposed to give out 1unit each day. Fellow Nigerians, Did you see anybody that won a unit of the car in that promo?
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by glizengem(f): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
undecided wait ooo did she say som1 opened a fb acct 4 her ? Hw come d account was opened a night b4 d winner was announced ? Cheii 2 fink i almost fell 4 dis story #sighs# poor me i nw knw beta.. Babe mtn go put u 4 trouble oo ... U go pay kidnappers money wey u no get oo...... Na wa oo hw come d family friend knew b4 her d@ she was d winner ? I nid answers oo

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by francis247(m): 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
Dem no even fit make d lie rhyme sef. SMH! Go and learn from d masters; Glo.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by piero2u(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Priceless007: hahaha,i hope say her pastor don remind her to bring tithe money.

dat tithe go plenty oh grin
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by donotbanme1: 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
mbulela: something smells fishy here.

Nah crayfish be that...

Gladys Ebube Essien GARRIcks...
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by donotbanme1: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
flanrey: MTN, what shall it profit you to keep deceiving Nigerians? We already know you're stingy to a fault hence we've resigned to fate.
Why is MTN struggling so hard to make us believe a very obvious lie?

Thesame MTN came with the win 'Hyundai ix35' promo where they were supposed to give out 1unit each day. Fellow Nigerians, Did you see anybody that won a unit of the car in that promo?

I was seeing that MTN hyundai ix35 for my area of recent but i no sabi who the user be.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by johnwizey: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
OMG!!! i cant jst stop laughing. God go save us frm dis ppl o. So who is the winner of etisalat win a country promo?
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by WizPrince1(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
You Guys Knows This Is Nigeria And You're Still Contemplating on the Issue On Net And other places... Beware of Bad Guys.... -- when i say 'bad guys', you know what i mean... Lol
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by deols(f): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
At least someone should come up and say y'all shld shut up,I know the girl. She is my neighbour,my friend,classmate bla bla bla.

I av always wonderes why no one I knew ever won a promo grin angry

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by mbulela: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2012
francis247: Dem no even fit make d lie rhyme sef. SMH! Go and learn from d masters; Glo.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by dnawah(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
O girl spend ur money wisely o!but 1st of all do plastic surgery on ur face, chest and remember ur yansh also need some attention.:-D
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by onyeego(m): 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2012
yuzedo: Even if that babe gives me N63m i won't marry! undecided
Have you seen her mgbeke features?? shocked Gaddem! God save my fine boy from rich Marsupial-looking SS mgbekes abeg! grin sad
bros i think say na only me dey see am oooo.
N100m i no marry
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by ellatohsure(f): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
I tot d requirement 4 d mtn wonder promo ws 2 av d sticker on ur car.hw did she win witout aving d sticker on r car?. I cnt rem mtn sayn phone nos will b used.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by MadCow1: 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
CHAI!!! MTN has killed me...

The Winner of the Aeroplane as at the time of winning the plane had a BLOCKED LINE.. So MTN called A FAMILY FRIEND OF HERS..

MTNNNA NA WAH FOR UNA O!! Abi na from her Family & Friends una get the number wey una call?!

MY GAWD... This is the dumbest thing I have heard since Nigerias failed Nuclear Power Ambition..

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by kcreal(f): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
MTN when next you want to lie to Nigerians, polish it very well. For this one una no try at all.

So many leakages.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by lankieman: 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
Fraud, angry the etisalat Billonaire we see am again.mmcheeew.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by bblacky(f): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hmmmm....see lie!! MTN mk una find aboki to polish d story wella, e no shine at al!

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Shenez: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Micheal Essien sister be this gurl
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by powerblaze(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Mad Cow: CHAI!!! MTN has killed me...

The Winner of the Aeroplane as at the time of winning the plane had a BLOCKED LINE.. So MTN called A FAMILY FRIEND OF HERS..

MTNNNA NA WAH FOR UNA O!! Abi na from her Family & Friends una get the number wey una call?!

MY GAWD... This is the dumbest thing I have heard since Nigerias failed Nuclear Power Ambition..

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by ikmuan(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
mbulela: something smells fishy here.
na wa o
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by bunchyproject(m): 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
She should come and buy a property from me.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by rofemiguwa(f): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
cheesy ;Di am a radiographer and the last time I check RSUST no dey offer radiography.maybe empty n start the course for the school too grin shocked
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by liyalla(m): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
last week the girl nah student for Uniport now nah RCAS,last wee man call her and she answer "yes sir..." today her sister abe friend or cousin call her,"when her line dey blocked" then even a woman from mtn call her,the "she asked her to unblock" her line,lastweek nah plane she when dis week nah money them tell her say she don when.Omoh make dey go kive Emaka make him use am shot film mak African magic lovers watch abeg.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
With less than 500k Tinto Dike would have acted the MTN script more better Ebube.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Chiemekaorizu(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
Laila Ikeji: I think it’s an act of God. I can imagine how many numbers they played and mine was singled out, just like that.
Ebube is not in a hurry to spend the money. She will let it ‘breathe some fresh air in the bank’ while she completes her education, she says. She now wants to be an “employer of labour” and would use the money to give her aging parents and siblings a ‘new life’. “God just wants to use me to bless the family so everybody has a share in it.

“I know what love is,” she notes.

10000+likes. I love this girl because she is wise unlike other girls that will drop out from school immediately they find themselves in the shoes of this wise girl
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Godsave9ja: 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
May Godsave9ja, before the said draw I have called 180 3 times, and different people picked my call in this 3 occasions. My question to then was, when would there be the ultimate wonder promo result gonna be announced.This is because the promo read end of October. The first guy put me on hold for 5munites and then came back to me and said that they will call it very soon that was a day before the controversial result.

The second person was a lady, when I asked the same question the lady said she doesn't know any thing about the wonder promo, she then put me on hold again for almost 5m. then came back to me and said maybe they will call it anytime.

The third person was a guy too, on that Tuesday morning before the said draw, I called 180 again the guy said said I should hold on, I was there almost 10munits before he became back and said that they may call it today. What got me angry was on hold they always put me. I concluded that they all know it was a scam that was why they put me onhold, before the will say something that will chop their head.

Fellow 9ja you see what we are into. if plane can cost N64m most counselors will buy it and most 9ja will get it.
they are messing us up including our governmentooooo
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by lumeneng22: 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Chidex2442: MTN Should jst stop this scam! How comes sombody dat has a blocked sim receive calls? Cook n bull story season 1
.I taya o my friend she has even forgotten that she play the game before her line was blocked.Even the man who call her is a pastor and not woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No 3g Network On Vivo X3t? Help / These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. / The New Samsung Galaxy J Unveiled Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.