Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,746 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M (13291 Views)

Picture Of MTN Airplane Promo Winner: Ebube Essien-garricks / Hot Picture Of Ebube Essien-garricks Mtn Aeroplane Winner / Ebube Essien-garricks MTN Aeroplane Winner (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by LailaIkeji1: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2012
On November 13, 2012, 27-year-old student of the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Gladys Ebube Essien-Garricks was announced winner of the MTN Ultimate Wonder “Win An Aeroplane” Promo!

Ebube, who is a 300-level student of Radiography disclosed that she had never dreamt of owning so much money in her lifetime.

She comes from a modest family background of eight children, where she is the seventh.

She told Punch in a recent interview that she could not remember taking part in the lottery.

“I was surprised when I was called by a family friend that I had won because I thought it was not real. Before then, I had never played any game concerning MTN.

Ironically my SIM card was blocked at the time. I had a code on my phone which I forgot and in the process of trying to decode it, my line was blocked.
“When he told me, I just told him to forget about it that it was the handiwork of 419 people. But later a lady called me from MTN to confirm it. I then asked her to unblock my line to convince me. She did so and it was at that point that I realised my fortune.

“I have never fainted in my life before, so when they called the amount I did not faint.

I just became thirsty, I kept asking for water and I kept smiling, again and again. I thought I was dreaming but with the kind of people I have been shaking hands with, people hugging me, asking to take photographs with me, I think it’s an act of God. I can imagine how many numbers they played and mine was singled out, just like that,” she said.

Speaking on why she opted for cash equivalent instead of the airplane, she asked, ” If I took the plane, where would I park it?

I just told them it was the cash I really wanted and nothing else. I was not persuaded to take cash. If it is something I worked for, I would argue but I never laboured for it. They said either the plane or the cash equivalent and I chose the cash.”

Ebube is not in a hurry to spend the money. She will let it ‘breathe some fresh air in the bank’ while she completes her education, she says. She now wants to be an “employer of labour” and would use the money to give her aging parents and siblings a ‘new life’. “God just wants to use me to bless the family so everybody has a share in it,” she said.

She says she is single and when she is ready for marriage, she would not go for anyone who is interested in her money.

“I know what love is,” she notes. “People are calling to ask my parents if I am married, some others are giving them promises. Even on the internet, I don’t have a Facebook account but someone has opened one in my name. If anyone is coming because of my money, I promise the person that he will not get a dime because I will make sure he doesn’t

http://www.lailaikeji.com/2012/11/mtn-aeroplane-winner-ebube-gladys-tells.html

2 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by fiftynaira(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2012
Shut up useless mtn peeps... This girl should be brought to a national t v to speak, secondly na man call you no be woman.... As you claim say na woamn call you ewu awusa

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by 2kass(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
How much is this money self wey people they make noise about.. I expected better from MTN..

You want to keep the money in the bank, i laugh in polish lingi.. Kidnappers r closer to you than you think,... U berra commot Naija 4 goodness sake undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Leadn(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Uhmmm,,, Ebube shocked cool
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by mbulela: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
something smells fishy here.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Francheezy(m): 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sheey MTn nevA taya t0 dey L!E t0 us ?
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Super1759: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy wonder shall never end, MTN is stil and still fighting hard to make us believe there *abrakatabra*
Well, I have gotten her data, am heading to Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology,now!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Chidex2442(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
MTN Should jst stop this scam! How comes sombody dat has a blocked sim receive calls? Cook n bull story season 1

12 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Francheezy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
MTN U T0O DEY L!E L!E L!E

Y0ur 2 + 2 IZ EQUALS T0 9.

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by ypzilanti: 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
She's in niger delta, so she better watch out for kidnappers. If I was her, I would jeje go and get investor visa for a class A foreign country and put it on standby as plan B. You always need a plan B for this country.

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Francheezy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
Super1759: cheesy cheesy cheesy wonder shall never end, MTN is stil and still fighting hard to make us believe there *abrakatabra*
Well, I have gotten her data, am heading to Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology,now!!!

B0sS, br!ng back rep0rts 0oh

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by BeraBera(f): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
She told Punch in a recent interview that she could not remember taking part in the lottery.
Ironically my SIM card was blocked at the time. I had a code on my phone which I forgot and in the process of trying to decode it, my line was blocked.
“When he told me, I just told him to forget about it that it was the handiwork of 419 people. But later a lady called me from MTN to confirm it. I then asked her to unblock my line to convince me. She did so and it was at that point that I realised my fortune.
Who are you deceiving?
The girl is not even yet married yet her name and surname were drawn from all over the country and beyond

2 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by glizengem(f): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
na wa oo i tot it was a man d@ called her 1st nt a woman ... Hw come she is saying a woman called her frm customer care. D whole story is jst contradictn... N she said her sim was blocked hw she con tk dey recharge her fone na ? Na wa oo mtn.. D more u c d less u undastand una don try ... Clap 4 una selves

3 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
First of all, put "L" for the plane meaning say you be learner...

When you don sabi how to drive fly, park am under flyover with the insciption: "Ikot-Ekpene by Air" grin

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1104861/video-call-ebube-essien-garrick

Na man abi woman call you? Which one we go believe na? MTN is just synonymous with SCAM.

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Mrbee21(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2012
How and with whose sim did mtn kal her from since her main sim was blocked
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Ndkings1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
Well, na them sabi.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by 5much(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
really happy you Ebube.imagine thousands already making marriage proposal.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by ubong560(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2012
I stil doubt d reality of dis whole thing til 2day. Bt if actually it's true, then ...........? Howeva, u wil wonder y politicians dont giv a damn abt others rather dan thier family members once they step on power. Ebube said EXCLUSIVELY dat she wil b using d money on HER FAMILY MEMBERS and no damn 4 any oda person be it neighbour or whosoeva.

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by MMM2(m): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ebube Essien-Garricks

Who re dose [s][gold/s] bronze diggers husband, come 4 ordinary 64millon naira

Shame on 9ja men if dis is true angry

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by lifestyle1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
undecided
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Priceless007: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
hahaha,i hope say her pastor don remind her to bring tithe money.

1 Like

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by bestower: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
The truth of this matter shall unveil so soon....i blieve 150million people re not so daft and stupid. i laugh in empty hen style.....Ti eniti won parofun koba mo eniti o paro mo lokanre......yellowish lies.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
Dr. Wise:
https://www.nairaland.com/1104861/video-call-ebube-essien-garrick

Na man abi woman call you? Which one we go believe na? MTN is just synonymous with SCAM.

Exactly.

BTW, Read the bolded part below
Laila Ikeji:
“I was surprised when I was called by a family friend that I had won because I thought it was not real. Before then, I had never played any game concerning MTN.

Now, which line was blocked and which line did she receive the call on?

WTF is going on in this country? What's the NCC doing about all of this? and the lottery commision?

3 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Kennedyiheme: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
i wonder why people are so stupid...so if this idiot hadn't won she doesnt think she can own 64m...people dont tink
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
grin she is my ex gf am going back 2 her
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by ubong560(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
@ Yuzedo, i think dat's why she's up 2 27 and yet no marriage or even a man on ground. She must be indefinitely ugly beyond want. NOTE: is she a ghost? I mean dat post carried no inscribtion of her village, l.g. Of origin and state. Wher is she frm wit such mixture of tribal names. Am sure this is a scam of d highest order frm mtn-QED.

2 Likes

Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
ja lo sha lala lala lo
nati nati bon bon sha lala lala lo-majek fashej
i cant laff ooo
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by fittty(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
Nothing but scam! After much pressure from the public MTN must have decided to let a winner emerge so they decided to plan with a relative of a work and ask her to act for a smaller amount not even close to 64million. Probably less than 5million naira.
Re: Ebube Essien-Garricks On How She Will Spend Her N64M by markus1133: 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
shame indeed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strange Phone Call: Private Number / The New Samsung Galaxy J Unveiled Globally / 20 Signs That You're Addicted To Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.