Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Did You Spend Your First Salary? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Spend Your First Salary? (11481 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / Help Me Get A Job In Abuja And The First Salary Is Your Yours / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by TableLeg(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
gonon: I paid my Tithe, then bought wrappers for my parents, uncle and aunties. Since they won't collect money from me.... grin grin grin
You paid what? tithe? Another pastor's jet acquisition fund pot is almost complete! smh
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2012

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
all you guys faking first salary gift.
some bot gifts for their guys and girls .
abeg talk true joor.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Truckpusher(m): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
That is one day i'll never forget in my life and all the drama that followed.I started working on the 17th of that month and by the 24th salary was already paid though mine was prorated but damn, it was big money to me back then,i immediately called my younger sister and zoom we are in phone shop and after that we bought ourselves some cool cloths and like play play the money is finished but when i came back home after the shopping spree my Dad was so upset with me for blowing such amount of money within 12hours that i had no choice but to run back to my hotel accommodation to cool off and the poor girl calls me to give me update from the battle field.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by lasdooreal: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
I will give mine to arsenal manager arsene wenger to use it †Φ buy lionel messi so dat will can win he can win trophy for us ....lol

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by lekzy007(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
although my fiirst salary was given to ma mum to keep for me bt dnt bother to ask her again.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Bryan12(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
markus1133: on electronics :DD
gringringringringringringrin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by greall1: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
I gave it to olosho no time.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by jaybee3(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
Strip bar shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by ziondaughter: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=yuzedo]Ok, ok, lemme confess how i truly spent it:

10.4% on ashawo wink
23.6% on isi-ewu, fried meat and fried fish grin
15.5% on baggy jeans and face-cap embarassed
7.93% on buying latest MOJO in town tongue
40.100% on Baba Ijebu Lotto lipsrsealed
33.2% on medicine for gonorrhea and staphylococcus cry
12.7% on settling debt in Mama Okoro buka wey i don dey owe for 3yrs shocked
99.9% on "sowing seed" in Private Jet church angry

How much remain abeg?? grin kiss[

na all dez tins ur money wen u go eva work 4 dis life go dey go into
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by lekanSuccess(m): 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
First Fruit.......Not easy though
Cos another comes in after 30 days
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by ziondaughter: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gave it all to God cos He provided d job for me n since den He has never let me down. Even wen my contract had ended i reminded Him of His promise n true to it God gave me a bigger job. Tell ur parents to bless d money n give it to God, u will be surprise at wat will happen. Try it
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by ajanaku2(m): 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ojeilevbare: It goes to church

...Why not give it to the Poor (or a Charity Home) instead of enriching an already-rich Motherf'ucker who calls himself "Man-of-God"!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by ajanaku2(m): 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
I spent Mine on buying alcoholic drinks, Marijuana and locally-distilled cheap liquor (Shepe) for My Hommies in the Hood, who sustained Me in a like-manner during My period of joblessness! Respect, Thug Brothers!...I paid for My Bit'ch's hair too and sent some dough to My brother and cousins that were still in School...Tithe? Fvck it and fvck Church!
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by OILOFGLADNESS: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
Rukemi291: Most of us have earned a first salary somewhere, atleast, for every new job we take. No matter how small it was.

I remember cooking for the 'almajiris' in my area and loading credit for my family and friends with a protion of my first salary (stipend) from my first job ever.

Recently, i heard that in a certain culture, you should take the whole first salary to your parents for blessings, then allow them take whatever they want from it and let them tell you how to spend the rest.

So, i just want to ask, how really did you spend your first salary; or how do you spend your first salary (for those that have worked in several places).

oh my first fruit offering, i remain gratefull toGod
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by forkinsonlolo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
IT - I needed money badly so i couldnt give it out to anyone angry
NYSC - I Gave the whole meat 19,800 naira to my single parent, she was so happy smiley
JOB - i was broke, added it to the money i used to secure an apartment in lag undecided
i try na
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
Used it to shop for shoes, jewelry and clothes.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
Half went to orphanage the remaining half for my upkeep and T.fare for the month
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by chakula: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Yet to recieve mine may be in the next 5 Month Cus I have no certainty for it, looking forward to resign from the organisation. OP you can see why I can't decide what to do with it. grin grin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by lawizle(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
yuzedo: Ok, ok, lemme confess how i truly spent it:

10.4% on ashawo wink

How much remain abeg?? grin kiss

Oboy...your life don kpafuka..
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by aweleokolo: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
I gave my very first salary to my father.

He prayed for me and blessed me. smiley
Then he gave me some of it to keep and some to take to church.
Then he shared the rest between my sister, brother and mother.

It was just 30k but he was soo proud.
That was in 2007.
Today I'm 10 times more.
Blessed.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by madjune(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
I really didn't send any part of it home to my parents because it was N18,000 in 2003.
I made sure i had break fasts and dinners at Mr Biggs since i was obviously starving at my sister's place whom i squatted with at the time and kept the rest for taxi fares to office till i earned the next salary.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by hooged: 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nysc allowance spend 40% of it on one igbo girl in camp *sad* .....
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by adventisty: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
All given to my father to pray for me,remove some then gave it to me and he spent the remaining amount!
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
I gave all of it to God & I have no regrets, it was my first-fruit.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Arosa(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
When peeps say they gave their monies to God, what do they mean exactly? Do God need money?
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2012
Arosa: When peeps say they gave their monies to God, what do they mean exactly? Do God need money?

Maybe you with the biggest mouth should question God.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Arosa(m): 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
Julieccentric:

Maybe you with the biggest mouth should question God.

you all gave your monies to your pastors, they and their family are very rich now. what has that got to do with God.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=Arosa]

you all gave your monies to your pastors they and their family are very rich now. what has that got to do with God. [/quote

ibeere lo pa Iya Ijebu grin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by piero2u(m): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
spent all of it except one 1 thousand Naira note I kept as a souvenir. grin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by moonbaby(f): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
yuzedo: Ok, ok, lemme confess how i truly spent it:

10.4% on ashawo wink

How much remain abeg?? grin kiss

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by odumdesmond: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
eddy18: First Fruit.
that is the real thing, any real christain must give God his first earning as first fruit. It has biblical origin in Exodus, after the God led Isrealites out of Egypt through the Red sea, he commanded His people to dedicate every first thing that opens the womb to Him whether man or beast or fruit . In our application today as modern Christain, first fruit is our very first salary or the first amount we earn frm a promotion in our offices. This is a covenant of perpetual blessings and prosperity and it is an acknowlegement that all we ve all came from God!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria / Henkel Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / My Experience With An Nlng Scammer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.