Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

How Did You Spend Your First Salary? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Spend Your First Salary? (11480 Views)

How Did You Get Your Present Job? / Help Me Get A Job In Abuja And The First Salary Is Your Yours / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Arosa(m): 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
odum desmond: that is the real thing, any real christain must give God his first earning as first fruit. It has biblical origin in Exodus, after the God led Isrealites out of Egypt through the Red sea, he commanded His people to dedicate every first thing that opens the womb to Him whether man or beast or fruit . In our application today as modern Christain, first fruit is our very first salary or the first amount we earn frm a promotion in our offices. This is a covenant of perpetual blessings and prosperity and it is an acknowlegement that all we ve all came from God!

Well said, But is your pastor God, because him and is Family are living it up in private jets with your "first fruits" monies.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by odumdesmond: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mcfemad: SIWES salary was given to my late Dad.
I.T salary was donated to my immediate environment.
NYSC salary was given to my church for the purchase of Mega/Microphones.
...and my present job salary was given to my church to purchase Drum Set as we seriously needed on then. This was after I gained my mum's consent. I never regretted any of these decisions cos I'd recieved well more than what I gave.
I hope that those who are insulting those who gave their first earnings away for worthy causes or God are reading this? You can't be God reward in giving! The best way to prosper is to give to God. I am a living proof of this, there is nothing that I came that I never got back more than double fold in return. So givers are not fools, it simply works for them
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by inuyasha01(m): 5:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: I spent every at the ASHAWOlin Temple
Guyz no sendsmiley
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wow. I made front page again. Thanks MOD. grin grin grin

Most of these commenters are so funny. Chei...
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by lemmyt(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote author=forkinsonlolo] [color=#006600]IT - I needed money badly so i couldnt give it out to anyone angry
NYSC - I Gave the whole meat 19,800 naira to my single parent, she was so happy smiley
JOB - i was broke, added it to the money i used to secure an apartment in lag undecided
i try na
[/quot[/color]

try n be honest forkinsonlolo. U no fit drop d whole 19,800 4 her. Abi no be lolowo wey i know? undecided
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by azpeculiar: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
Was dead broke before my first job, so spent it on my wardrobe and a new pair of shoes.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by oemmanuel: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
yuzedo: Ok, ok, lemme confess how i truly spent it:

10.4% on ashawo wink
23.6% on isi-ewu, fried meat and fried fish grin
15.5% on baggy jeans and face-cap embarassed
7.93% on buying latest MOJO in town tongue
40.100% on Baba Ijebu Lotto lipsrsealed
33.2% on medicine for gonorrhea and staphylococcus cry
12.7% on settling debt in Mama Okoro buka wey i don dey owe for 3yrs undecided
99.9% on "sowing seed" in Private Jet church angry

How much remain abeg?? grin kiss
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by oemmanuel: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2012
You don own like twice your salary already. Lol
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by segunojas(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
I pay my tithe and enjoy the rest.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by beetg: 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
I gave it to my parent for prayer. They pick theirs n give me the rest. And I pay my tithe too
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by chalyotas(m): 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
gonon: I paid my Tithe, then bought wrappers for my parents, uncle and aunties. Since they won't collect money from me.... grin grin grin
i gave my tithe,shared the other among my dad, mum,anties, grandmum,etc
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by eddy18(f): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2012
Arosa:

Well said, But is your pastor God, because him and is Family are living it up in private jets with your "first fruits" monies.

Ezekiel 44:30
''And the first of all the firstfruits of all things, and every oblation of all, of every sort of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house.''

1 Like

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by toygod2: 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
oh.........mine is nxt wk. Cant wait
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by sucezTP(f): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ok, i won't lie!
I worked in a school as a teacher, after i finished secondary school, and earned ₦2,775 as my first salary..yes! I first removed my tithe and then, gave the remaining to mumsi..
My salary was increased to ₦3,775 the following month..
After then, i almost finished every goods in mumsi's shop..from her drinks to provisions, food stuffs...
Walai, she vex gave me my money back..

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by noscarn91(m): 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
ajanaku2: I spent Mine on buying alcoholic drinks, Marijuana and locally-distilled cheap liquor (Shepe) for My Hommies in the Hood, who sustained Me in a like-manner during My period of joblessness! Respect, Thug Brothers!...I paid for My Bit'ch's hair too and sent some dough to My brother and cousins that were still in School...Tithe? Fvck it and fvck Church!
respect ma!!!! 2 gbaski
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Ekowise(m): 8:33am On Nov 23, 2012
It's a simple tin. When it will some, all(no matter how much) goes to God who has done it.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by mhoo(f): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2012
pay debts angry
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Shine1177: 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
yuzedo: One BAAAAAAAASTARD girl asked me to give her my first salary (true story)....
I didn't even know where her audacity was coming from. Whether she licked juju and the babalawo said anybody she talks to would obey her.
Hmmmmmm...... God save us o! I was tempted to denigrate her ancestry but i held my peace. That incident made us stop relating and she deleted me from her network.

First salary? Bought suit, gave my dad his "cut", gave people that i needed to give, put a chunk in savings, and the rest to see me till the next pay day..
My first NYSC salary went almost the same way.. Tokens for aunts, etc. Bought a bottle of wine for my great godfather and put mint bills in an envelope and went to see him one evening . He thought i was coming to plead for a job or something i'm sure, when i revealed my mission he almost had heart-attack! grin He was so excited, he started narrating his children's histories, he sang national anthem, told me the story of jaja of opobo, all the people he has helped in life and who remember him, who won WWF royal rumble season 1995, engine specification of peugeot 505! Lol! grin Infact he started dialling his son in the states, i was so embarrassed! grin I love my godfather shaa... tongue

Yeah, i think i tithed too... Na dat time i still dey tithe... undecided

Why did stop tithing? Pls continue and God 'll bless you real good.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2014
I shared it into equal halves. Then I gave my Pastor one half as a seed. The rest was used judiciously. This was prior to my getting admission into the University, I had prayed to God for a scholarship upon gaining admission and God answered with A Scholarship in my 100 Level.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by liliangmail(f): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2014
chi m! av gone throu ur Bible to discov wat d bible said abt 1st fruit.... angry ! ur 1st fruit = Ist salary cool
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
liliangmail:
chi m! av gone throu ur Bible to discov wat d bible said abt 1st fruit.... angry ! ur 1st fruit = Ist salary cool

Yea..Thanks for the reminder, i did as expected this time cool
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by francessn: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
when has first fruit turned to giving your first salary? people and ignorance. Christians please read your bibles very well and don't depend on your pastor's quotation. first fruit of the land means pawpaw, mango and the likes of them. let me not go further cos I tire.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by alorauzoms(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hmm...cant even remember. But definitely part of it went into beer ..(15 yrs ago)
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Salary? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
I gave all of my 1st salary to the church..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-power Batch C / The Deteriorative Recruitment Processes In Nigeria / Henkel Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.